The "young team" Monday night ...

jambovambo

millerjames398
15 hours ago, sadj said:

Is it only me that read that in a football chant way to myself

I had, ive got a luvelly bunch of coconuts in my head when it got to "young team, old team" bit???

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• i8hibsh

• soonbe110

• Governor Tarkin

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Didn’t happen. Daily Record trying to put spotlight on non-OF teams 

Bury your head in the sand 

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Is there any evidence of this actually happening though?  

Doubt partick thistle would be taking this up at boardroom level if it didn't to be honest 

Inch Hearts
Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Doubt partick thistle would be taking this up at boardroom level if it didn't to be honest 

Is there any quotes from the Partick Thistle board members saying this was on the agenda? 

Keith Jackson "understands" 

Inch Hearts
Just now, Inch Hearts said:

Is there any quotes from the Partick Thistle board members saying this was on the agenda? 

Keith Jackson "understands" 

A club spokesman confirmed to Record Sport: “We are investigating a number of incidents around the game on Monday night.”

Could be absolutely anything. 

been here before
9 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Who said the photo was from Easter Road?

Edit. Just read that Dave did.

:facepalm:

Ffs Dave! :lol:

What happened to your original "nobody said it was Easter Road" quote?

Edited by been here before

21 hours ago, jambovambo said:

Behind me on the stairs going out.

Chanting something about Ann Budge and how we need new owners.

Someone just in front of me turned round and growled "you don't have a ****ing clue what it is to support your team".

That shut them up. Morons.

And don't get me started on the subject of that drum.

I started this thread. I'm amazed at where it has gone since.

It was about the wisdom or otherwise of chanting things about Ann Budge.

I've chanted stuff about "Sack the board" etc in my time - Alec Naylor's day, Chris Robinson etc. And yes, I agree with what the growler said.

My point remains - do these guys really think, in comparison to those days, Hearts need "new owners" ?

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, been here before said:

What happened to your original "nobody said it was Easter Road" quote?

I hadn't read the full thread so edited it when I saw Dave's reply.

What do you think had happened to it?

been here before
2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I hadn't read the full thread so edited it when I saw Dave's reply.

What do you think had happened to it?

You put it back into your 'trying to be a smartarse' pile?

ArcticJambo
55 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Sure it's a hearts fan. I was brought up on the tales of the 70/80's as darts and golf balls with nails drived through them were regular objects of choice. Tannadice was especially bad as supporters would just throw shit back and forth over the nets.

If memory serves me correctly, and it rarely seems to do so these days, I recall a Sunday Post picture of a Celtic fan being led along the side of the pitch at Tannadice with a dart sticking out from his head, early 80s.

St Mirren Park was also bad for stuff coming through the chicken wire fence on the main terracing.

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, been here before said:

You put it back into your 'trying to be a smartarse' pile?

:lol:

Judging others by your own standards is a fools errand, mate.

ArcticJambo
57 minutes ago, been here before said:

The boys rocking a Man U 1975 away top... not all that common in the away end mid 70s Easter Road.

1362.jpg.c76047f85a981cd116bbcab6ab122cd7.jpg

Another view...

images.jpeg.jpg.1b1816a35dbc57421a81ef0f4ef175c3.jpg

s-soccer-violence-a-manchester-utd-fan-w

18 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Bury your head in the sand 

Where you sitting in Monday? Close enough to witness it? At least two fans sitting right behind the dugout have said they didn’t see anything? Who do you believe, us or the daily record?

maybe happened after final whistle, I left as soon as whistle was blown. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, soonbe110 said:

Where you sitting in Monday? Close enough to witness it? At least two fans sitting right behind the dugout have said they didn’t see anything? Who do you believe, us or the daily record?

I believe partick thistle because why would they make this up ? There's no doubt we've got minority within our support who bring negative attention towards our football club by there stupid behaviour 

Inch Hearts
10 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I believe partick thistle because why would they make this up ? There's no doubt we've got minority within our support who bring negative attention towards our football club by there stupid behaviour 

Partick Thistle haven't said there was coins chucked. 

14 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

But it’s not Partick thistle is it? It’s Keith Jackson in the DR. To be honest anyone who believes anything printed  in the DR under the pen name Keith Jackson is living in a fantasy world. They just make things up to suit their pro-Govan agenda. 

My my previous caveat stands: it may have happened after the final whistle, I was long gone. Certainly didn’t happen during the 90 minutes and I’m a 63 year-old, 45 year away game regular, not one of the young brigade so not trying to protect them.  

Edited by soonbe110

bajthejambo

I'm not one for conspiracy theories and this may sound a bit OF, but how would this not have been noticed at the time? Nobody including the officials, the broadcasters or Caldwell himself mentioned that this has happened. Surely the fourth official would have been struck or would have least have noticed if it was raining down with coins? 

It does sound a bit suspect.

been here before
16 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

IMG-20190304-WA0006.thumb.jpg.b854429ea0f3683e35d4c765446dcc47.jpg

This was the view frim my seat and I saw nothing thrown.

Jim Cruickshank had 2 darts thrown at him by Ranger's fans. I remember him joking as he said there were 3 in a set and he worried where the third one would land.That was over 50 years ago so it's not a new phenomenon

15 hours ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

How is zombies sectarian that one slipped under the radar ??

I also don't think the term  Zombie is sectarian, it seems that the real issue, as described in the Scottish Government report, was about the context in which the term was used by Celtic supporters (I.e. on a banner featuring an IRA sniper's rifle).  How that makes the term sectarian is a complete mystery and defies logic. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

But it’s not Partick thistle is it? It’s Keith Jackson in the DR. To be honest anyone who believes anything printed  in the DR under the pen name Keith Jackson is living in a fantasy world. They just make things up to suit their pro-Govan agenda. 

My my previous caveat stands: it may have happened after the final whistle, I was long gone. Certainly didn’t happen during the 90 minutes and I’m a 63 year-old, 45 year away game regular, not one of the young brigade so not trying to protect them.  

I've never said was one of the young lads ! Could've came from anybody at all, but there's a small element within our support who're drawing negative attention to the football club by stupid behaviour 

4 minutes ago, sniffer said:

I also don't think the term  Zombie is sectarian, it seems that the real issue, as described in the Scottish Government report, was about the context in which the term was used by Celtic supporters (I.e. on a banner featuring an IRA sniper's rifle).  How that makes the term sectarian is a complete mystery and defies logic. 

Wasn't that a brendan rodger banner, nothing to do with zombies if i remember correctly?

1 minute ago, TheStig said:

Wasn't that a brendan rodger banner, nothing to do with zombies if i remember correctly?

That was another and more recent instance but, by the same flawed logic, the term "Brendan Rodgers" must now be deemed sectarian!

11 minutes ago, been here before said:

IMG-20190304-WA0006.thumb.jpg.b854429ea0f3683e35d4c765446dcc47.jpg

This was the view frim my seat and I saw nothing thrown.

Must have been right next to me. I was in row D seat 89

7 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I've never said was one of the young lads ! Could've came from anybody at all, but there's a small element within our support who're drawing negative attention to the football club by stupid behaviour 

And there’s a small element who believe anything they read about our problems, take them as gospel and ignore genuine, honest Hearts fans who tell you it’s nonsense. Your on your own on this crusade. Number of fans in the area, with photographic evidence that they were there, saying they saw nothing. Yet still you believe ‘Keith Jackson’.  What’s your agenda? 

Seymour M Hersh
40 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

s-soccer-violence-a-manchester-utd-fan-w

I was at that game in the Kop. After he got taken out there were 2 man u fans arrested one wearing bright silver doc martins. The Kop started singing "oh where'd you get those boots". Following the dart throwing the Kop would sing "get the darts out, get the darts out, get he darts out Annie Road". Very, very different days back in the 70's. 

11 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I was row C seat 96,Caldwell was alway's hovering around left side of dugout in clear view,absolutely no missiles thrown as far as im concerned.

been here before
12 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

20190306_115546.thumb.jpg.68b6a87b52e9e2497a18f38befbcabff.jpg

:lol:

?

The article I read this morning summarised recent events of a similar nature but zero mention of Celtic fans throwing coins at Bobby last Wednesday.

It's all getting a bit silly now, action needs to be taken but of course, the darlings from Glasgow will be fine and will no doubt be allowed to continue to spew their shite.

chuck berrys hairline
32 minutes ago, sniffer said:

Exactly my thinking as well. It's the rifleman that's offensive not the zombie ?

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Who said the photo was from Easter Road?

Edit. Just read that Dave did.

:facepalm:

Ffs Dave! :lol:

??

ArcticJambo
6 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I was at that game in the Kop. After he got taken out there were 2 man u fans arrested one wearing bright silver doc martins. The Kop started singing "oh where'd you get those boots". Following the dart throwing the Kop would sing "get the darts out, get the darts out, get he darts out Annie Road". Very, very different days back in the 70's. 

A wee bit before my time but I can relate.  Tale from the early nineties, one and only time I've been to Anfield; they were playing the Leeds team of Strachan/McAllister, etc.  Was in the Kop, good atmosphere in the ground and both sets of fans going back and forth.  Away fans in unison, the lot of them, all arms outstretched aeroplane-like winging their way left to right back and forth, chanting something.  Home fans surrounding me clapping their mutual hatred for United.  Only thing I remember about the game, score? couldn't tell you!  The football experience is relatively tame these days.

22 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Having a different opinion to the 'norm' actually makes you the opposite of a moron.  Just saying likes.

I think you may have misinterpreted the whole 2+2=5 thing my dear (leader).

Edited by WageThief

Selkirkhmfc1874
39 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

And there’s a small element who believe anything they read about our problems, take them as gospel and ignore genuine, honest Hearts fans who tell you it’s nonsense. Your on your own on this crusade. Number of fans in the area, with photographic evidence that they were there, saying they saw nothing. Yet still you believe ‘Keith Jackson’.  What’s your agenda? 

No agenda here at all, I believe what I see and hear with my own eyes at games and there's small element within our support who're a disgrace with there behaviour 

57 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

I'm not one for conspiracy theories and this may sound a bit OF, but how would this not have been noticed at the time? Nobody including the officials, the broadcasters or Caldwell himself mentioned that this has happened. Surely the fourth official would have been struck or would have least have noticed if it was raining down with coins? 

It does sound a bit suspect.

Indeed. Far be it from me to doubt the august organ that is the Daily Record and it’s highly respected journalist Keith Jackson. However given the area that any coins would’ve had to come from, and that nobody on any website or form of social media has mentioned this, and nobody from either club has commented directly on it, I’m calling weegie-deflection bullshit on this until proven otherwise. 

Edited by Zico

2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

No agenda here at all, I believe what I see and hear with my own eyes at games and there's small element within our support who're a disgrace with there behaviour 

Maybe we should take ‘ young team ‘ out the thread title though as the youngsters seem to be tarred with everything !

You’ll know that’s not the case, going to games.

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

In the same way Motherwell had irrefutable evidence of racism that was then taken as fact across the UK media, before it was quietly dropped ?

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

In the same way Motherwell had irrefutable evidence of racism that was then taken as fact across the UK media, before it was quietly dropped ?

Yip, nookie.

As good a thread as any to highlight the perils of hearsay !

Alex Kintner

A Thistle spokesperson told the Record: “We are investigating a number of incidents around the game on Monday night.”

A source added: “What has concerned us the most is the number of coins that were being thrown. It wasn’t isolated stuff - they were coming down in showers around the dugout and technical area. We’re just relieved that no-one was hurt.”

Cleverly written to make it sound like the second comment is also an official comment from the club?

Surprised to hear of the coin throwing incident from Monday night.

Jim White was about to do a piece on it on Talksport.

Switched off at the ex Celiac and Hibs player Caldwell part  might have something to do with it.

Feck in clown of a man.

3 hours ago, Thought Police said:

If you’re going to correct someone, try to get it right.

There has been multiple posts regarding the difference between Since I Was Young which a lot of hearts fans sing, and the sectarian Rangers song When I was Young which that small group have decided to add to their repertoire 

Fair point :) I haven't heard the remix yet and I was being a bit of a smart @rse . Humble pie for me

Selkirkhmfc1874
28 minutes ago, Boab said:

Maybe we should take ‘ young team ‘ out the thread title though as the youngsters seem to be tarred with everything !

You’ll know that’s not the case, going to games.

Yeah said that earlier, can't just assume it's the young team! 

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Well said. The demonisation of the Hearts support by some is getting ridiculous. 

Who are we to blame this one on? Obviously not the idiots who did it, I know that by now. Was this Kickback’s fault, or Ann Budge’s? :lol:

23 minutes ago, benny said:

Surprised to hear of the coin throwing incident from Monday night.

Jim White was about to do a piece on it on Talksport.

Switched off at the ex Celiac and Hibs player Caldwell part  might have something to do with it.

Feck in clown of a man.

Maybe so, however, he was one of the very few to point out that Lennon brings a lot of his problems upon himself, when he was hit on the jacket with a coin. Now Caldwell has had coins thrown at him in act of pure genius. 

15 hours ago, red said:

Leave the wee laddies alone and put yer *** crisp packet away! I remember when I first started going to games and vodka bottles and bananas were flying over my head about the same time hot pish was running down the stands soaking my new Adidas Torsion! Loved every minute of it :) 

Those were the days