What do we want from the rest of this season?

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

Just what it says. If we win tomorrow that's two semi-finals in one season, which is a decent achievement. A lot of that's down to the luck of the draw though, it's hard to complain about any cup run where you go out to a team above you in the league as long as you make a fight of it to the end.

The league is where it really matters though, and  it's make or break time now. We've seen some great Hearts games in 2018/19, some dreadful luck with injuries and a fair amount of crap the last few home games. We're three points off 4th and another three off third, and if we get back what we had the first couple of months there's no reason we can't overtake Killie and set our sights on Aberdeen.

Europe is the benchmark. Unless ICT or Partick win the cup, 4th gets us Europe. If we can finish there or above it's a good result, if we finish 5th or lower this season's been a washout. No excuses from here on.

League is gone, our form in the last month has been horrendous, just try and finish top 6. The cup gets us our two main targets: A trophy and getting into Europe. Go all out for number 9. 

A will to score more goals. Press teams home and away ,with the intention to come out the traps and win every game. 2 strikers in every game (perhaps with the exception of Celtic).I believe we will win more games than we lose this way. Europe should be the goal.A cup win would be superb 

Just to keep pushing to the best of our ability and desire.

Lets be clear, we’ve a great chance of a semi final appearance , and if we get there, we could get a decent draw if we’re lucky. 

In the league I’d like to see us be less methodical and more open and free in our play for the last ten matches, esp at Tynie. 

Top 3 is still there if we can just hit a wee run of form.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Consistency of performance to get us to a European spot and with the right luck a cup final. 

portobellojambo1

Reaching the Cup Final would be a good day out, winning it would be the icing on the cake. Moving up a couple of places in the league would be good as well, a good finish to the league campaign can help create confidence for going into the new season hopefully.

StevenNaismith

With our current team I don’t think we can beat Celtic, Rangers or Aberdeen at Hampden unfortunately. Every time we play on a big pitch against a good side we struggle. Dunno if it’s a fitness thing or a general lack of legs/pace in the team but it’s a problem that needs addressed in the summer transfer window.

Captain Canada

To get into Europe. It will be hard to win the cup - we've a tough game tomorrow and there are going to be two teams above us in the league in the semi-final draw. 

The next two league games are really important away to Dundee and Hamilton. If we only get a point or two from those, we may have a fight even to get into the top six. 

Hopefully we can concentrate on the teams ahead of us in the league and try at the very least to finish above Killie. 

The Scottish cup.

We've chucked the league, I fully expect us to be 6th place and the whipping boys after the split. 

12 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

With our current team I don’t think we can beat Celtic, Rangers or Aberdeen at Hampden unfortunately. Every time we play on a big pitch against a good side we struggle. Dunno if it’s a fitness thing or a general lack of legs/pace in the team but it’s a problem that needs addressed in the summer transfer window.

We played Aberdeen off the park at Murrayfield last season even though it finished 0-0.

I'd take them in the final after dispatching Inverness in the semi.

10 minutes ago, graygo said:

We played Aberdeen off the park at Murrayfield last season even though it finished 0-0.

I would take Aberdeen in the final except I don’t see them beating celtic. Every time they play them they get turned over. Either way hoping for the right result tomorrow! 

Bunny Munro

At the start of the season, 4th and two semis would be seen as reasonable progress from the year before.

3rd, or a cup final has to be seen as a good season considering, assuming we don't slip any lower in the League.

My generation were brought up with the maxim ‘I want doesn’t get’ so none of the previous counts. I’d like us to beat Thistle, perform well in semi, and win final if we are in it. Fourth in league after beating Hibs twice, Aberdeen and Rangers in remaining games. Haring, Uche and Naismith sign new contracts. 

Edited by soonbe110

Bazzas right boot

At least a sc semi and 4th.

Win the cup, league is a bit irrelevant, but top is needed. 

To answer, win as many games as possible. 

Tennant's  6's

4th is on, killie stuttering, just need to get playing with some more belief & tempo.

Take care of Partick, if we get Caley in the Semi and do it right, then a Final awaits. 

Unlike the Hibby, I still have hopes of winning the Cup. I reckon we'll get ICT if we beat PT and face Celtic/Rangers in the final. 

4th is the best we can do in the league, imo, but I think 5th is more likely. 

Edited by martoon

Calebs Grandad

Win the Scottish Cup beating Rangers in the final after they knock Celtic out in semi final

Finish 3rd in the league after a 5 game winning run ends the season

Neil Lennon leaves Celtic to join Leicester as Brendan’s assistant

Celtic banner making machine explodes

Gerrard leaves Rangers to replace Lennon at Parkhead

New banner machine churns out ‘You traded mediocrity for immort’ then breaks down again 

Dave King departs Ibrox and turns lights out before locking main door

Scott Brown announces he’s retiring and will be campaigning for trans rights as he now identifies as Scotia Lulu Brown

Paul Heckingbottom resigns after Hibs 7th place finish announcing ‘enough is enough, have you seen the stuff about me being a failure with a daft name on that Kickback place?’ 

Jambosteve1902
1 hour ago, StevenNaismith said:

we are better than aberdeen tbh all over park

Stephen Muddie
1 hour ago, StevenNaismith said:

Don't be a gimp. We are capable of slapping all of them silly.

Agree we probably won't but that's where positivity and making a noise comes into it.

A strong finish could still see us catch Europe by the skin of our teeth but I think winning the cup would really give everyone something to cheer about. 

I do believe we can go toe to toe with every team in this league but the professionalism at times hasn't been there. We beat Partick tomorrow we're two games away from lifting the cup. Can we do it? Maybe.

If we get through I think focus should go towards that. Give key players the rest they need to make sure we're not going into another crucial cup game at half strength. 

StevenNaismith
1 hour ago, graygo said:

With a fair few different players in the side. Think only Berra, Souttar and Djoum played that day that are still involved. The likes of Cowie, Callaghan, Randall, Walker and Goncalves bring a different dynamic to the players we have currently. Technically we have better players now I think but in terms of workrate and movement etc then we lack in those areas now I feel. Just my opinion.

StevenNaismith
14 minutes ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

we are better than aberdeen tbh all over park

I’d happily take Lewis, McKenna, Shinnie, Mackay-Steven and Stewart from them.

Stephen Muddie
14 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

I’d happily take Lewis, McKenna, Shinnie, Mackay-Steven and Stewart from them.

Aberdeen can't match us anytime we play them but tell you what.. They get up for the saggy games and slap teams. It's all down to their manager.

Much as I hate the perma tanned roaster, he instills confidence in his team.

A confident Hearts are a force. End of 

Rocky jamboa

Top 4 in the league. Anything less is a disappointing season.

Getting to the semi final of the cup would be decent. Getting to the final would be amazing. Winning the cup would be stratospheric!! 

Edited by Paulp74

The goals for the rest of the season for me should be:
--Top 3

--Win the Scottish Cup

If we win the Scottish Cup I would accept finishing as low as 6th, if we do not win the Cup then finishing lower then 4th is a poor season IMO

If we can keep Naismith and Uche fit then I’m really expecting 4th in the league (3rd would be a huge bonus). Anything below 4th is going to be a huge disappointment (and of course entirely possible)

A semi final would be great but depending on if we win tonight and the draw of course a final would be fantastic.

hibs bottom 6 would be icing on the cake.

Edited by 1971fozzy

Nookie Bear

A Cup Final would be good as we need to be the kind of club that reaches finals and challenges. If we avoid celtic then a win is a must. 

League? I suppose 4th would be ok but I really would not like the season to drift away over the last few games. 

August Landmesser

Cup final, 3rd, not lose to Rangers again, don't get pumped at Park head, Haring to injure Scott Brown, win all the remaining Derbies (hopefully that's just one), beat the sheep twice and a decent performance after the split. 

Take a bit of momentum into next season.

The Future's Maroon
6 hours ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Why do you care where they finish?

I think it was more a jokey type comment after posting his real answer the post before.

plus, I want them relegated for the record.

tartofmidlothian
6 hours ago, Rooster20 said:

The goals for the rest of the season for me should be:
--Top 3

--Win the Scottish Cup

If we win the Scottish Cup I would accept finishing as low as 6th, if we do not win the Cup then finishing lower then 4th is a poor season IMO

My thoughts exactly.

doctor jambo

Win the cup.

That is all.

I am not so spoiled as to forget that I was 22 before I saw Hearts lift a trophy.

In the league, if we aint winning it then meh

Getintaethem
10 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

If we get to another semi final and finish 4th we’ll have done great. 

We've got the forth biggest playing budget in the league.  A fourth place finish and semi finals (given that we've not been drawn against Celtic or Rangers on the road to them), should be the minimum expectation.  If Levien doesn't achieve that, then in my opinion he's failed.

I’d take 4th and i think very achievable. As much as our form has been poor, so has Killie and Aberdeen’s. We’ve got a tough run of remaining fixtures though

Clerry Jambo
11 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

Absolutely great point about size of pitch and lack of pace, been obvious for seasons and never addressed