What do we want from the rest of this season?

tartofmidlothian

Cut The Crap

Cup win and 3rd. Levein to finally show he is capable of outperforming the budget at his disposal.

While important to the money men, fighting it out for 4/5/6 doesn't really butter my parsnips.

upgotheheads

4th in the league must be the minimum expectation.If we get through tonight then I think getting to the final is a real possibility especially if we get ICT in the semi.

For what it's worth and as much as I hate to say it I think Sevco are favourites to win the cup now and might be a good value bet for the league. We know that they can beat Celtic and we don't  have the pace to compete with their high tempo game, and their cheating wee striker and his referee pals.

Having typed that I'm away to wash my hands.

smartin1987

Cup final win rangers and celtic are beatable not as good as their made out to be. 3rd in the league if we win our next two league games dundee and hamilton away will set us up nicely for games against Aberdeen and hibs at home. All to play for cmon hearts ?

Nookie Bear
11 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

With our current team I don’t think we can beat Celtic, Rangers or Aberdeen at Hampden unfortunately. Every time we play on a big pitch against a good side we struggle. Dunno if it’s a fitness thing or a general lack of legs/pace in the team but it’s a problem that needs addressed in the summer transfer window.

I don't think it's lack of pace, more that we are too slow to move the ball through the midfield. Our thought processes always seem sluggish and it gives the opposition time to organise.

Nookie Bear

I'll say something, if Levein can get us beating celtic in a Scottish Cup Final then he can have a job for life and i couldn;t care less about the league for the next decade.

:scenes:

Inch Hearts

Avoid Celtic in the Cup.  Finish the season positively to take into next.  Get a couple of good players on pre-contracts. 

August Landmesser
56 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Absolutely great point about size of pitch and lack of pace, been obvious for seasons and never addressed 

More preseason friendlies away to Queen's Park are required.

Cruyff Turn
1 hour ago, Getintaethem said:

We've got the forth biggest playing budget in the league.  A fourth place finish and semi finals (given that we've not been drawn against Celtic or Rangers on the road to them), should be the minimum expectation.  If Levien doesn't achieve that, then in my opinion he's failed.

Of course 4th should be our minimum expectancy in the league however 2 semi finals and 4th would be a touch beyond that as I cannot recall the last time we managed to achieve all 3. 

StevenNaismith
1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Absolutely great point about size of pitch and lack of pace, been obvious for seasons and never addressed 

Finally someone that sees what I see ??

Luck of the cup draw could have us in a final.

That, in turn, would hopefully improve league performances toward the end of the season.

Clerry Jambo
45 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

More preseason friendlies away to Queen's Park are required.

This in spades!!!!!!!!!!!

highlandjambo3

Guts and 100% from everyone (including us).

I don’t get this “decent cup run, semi final/final” etc..... its win or nowt for me.  Coming second in a boxing match is a loss, doesn’t matter how you get there imo.

If we won the cup I wouldn't care where we finish, if we don't then a European place. At the moment I just want us to win our games against Dundee and Hamilton because after that we're only going to be playing top six opposition 

Does the team losing the Cup final still get into Europe if the winners are already in Europe? 

Edited by BigAlim

Inch Hearts
42 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

If we won the cup I wouldn't care where we finish, if we don't then a European place. At the moment I just want us to win our games against Dundee and Hamilton because after that we're only going to be playing top six opposition 

Does the team losing the Cup final still get into Europe if the winners are already in Europe? 

No, rule changed. 

tartofmidlothian
2 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Guts and 100% from everyone (including us).

I don’t get this “decent cup run, semi final/final” etc..... its win or nowt for me.  Coming second in a boxing match is a loss, doesn’t matter how you get there imo.

2 hours ago, Jodami said:

Win the cup, football is about glory not degrees of runner up.

I agree with these guys. There's only one loser in a cup and that's the team which loses the final, up to that point everyone has just been playing for the right to compete in it.

Watching your team lose a cup final is a horrible feeling, I'd rather go out in an earlier round as long as it's to a better team and we put up a proper fight. The only time I've ever been content with a final defeat was 2013, when we all knew the money from that game was going to help keep the club alive.

4 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

I agree with these guys. There's only one loser in a cup and that's the team which loses the final, up to that point everyone has just been playing for the right to compete in it.

Watching your team lose a cup final is a horrible feeling, I'd rather go out in an earlier round as long as it's to a better team and we put up a proper fight. The only time I've ever been content with a final defeat was 2013, when we all knew the money from that game was going to help keep the club alive.

Nah, i’d rather get to a final every time.

2013 Final was one of the worst, after the sheep in 86.

I was very far from content !

Win the SC and I couldn’t give a toss where we finish in the league!!

All I want is for us to Qualify for Europe - that should be Priority Number 1.  I don't care if we do that by finishing 4th, or through winning the Cup.

The Scottish Cup would obviously be a bonus, and I would love for us to come home with it again.

Either of those, and the season isn't a complete write off!

The Mercer Takeover

Cup win would certainly work wonders for season ticket sales and eliminate further supporter bickering over the future of our manager.

Top 4 is a must for me in the league and no excuses will cut it on failure to achieve this either.

58 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Cup win would certainly work wonders for season ticket sales and eliminate further supporter bickering over the future of our manager.

Top 4 is a must for me in the league and no excuses will cut it on failure to achieve this either.

Would a cup win and 5th satisfy you?

Edited by Thomaso

Jambosteve1902
18 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

I’d happily take Lewis, McKenna, Shinnie, Mackay-Steven and Stewart from them.

mckennas murder absolute bombscare

7 hours ago, BigAlim said:

Not true. We still have hibs to play again... 

StevenNaismith
54 minutes ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

mckennas murder absolute bombscare

You clearly don’t know much about football. He has a big future in the game, trust me on that.

Jambosteve1902
2 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

You clearly don’t know much about football. He has a big future in the game, trust me on that.

half the player souttar is imo  

StevenNaismith
3 minutes ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

half the player souttar is imo  

Very different players despite playing the same position. They’d make a terrific partnership which we will hopefully see on the international stage for many years to come.

Edited by StevenNaismith

ScottieMac17

What I want.... 4th and the Scottish Cup, but I don’t think that is going to happen.

Right now, id take finishing above Hibs.

if we get pumped out the cup before the semi and finish below hibs... I will cry ? 

The irony is that we were looking so good with enormous possibilities,    then we had our arse handed to us to wear as a hat with the injuries,   dodgy decisions and shit form,     yet now the opportunity is right there to get to the SC final.

Ricardo Shillyshally

Let's win the cup so CL can resign with some honour and we can maybe watch actual football next year.