• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Imaman said:

Thousands of unborn baby’s given the right to life 

And rape victims reminded of they're assault for eternity. 

Edited by ri Alban

3 minutes ago, Imaman said:

Thousands of unborn baby’s given the right to life 

My view of it is if you're extremely naive if you think this will stop or even significantly reduce demand for abortion in the US. It wont, it will simply drive it underground like the old days, back street abortionists.

Probably be even more of them than in the old days since there are many more people comprising women who desire an abortion and non medical personnel who will deliver the service.

There will be more of these abortionists because many will get an inkling of how to at least initiate the process from the internet, which will become covered in advice on how to do it even alone.

It's disastrous and will result in countless dead women, actual lives not potential. 

14 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

And rape victims reminded of they're assault for eternity. 

Is it the baby’s fault and should it be punished for someone else’s bad actions.  
Sorry  I’m unashamedly pro life. 

Dennis Reynolds
3 minutes ago, Imaman said:

Is it the baby’s fault and should it be punished for someone else’s bad actions.  

How many kids have you adopted?

9 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

My view of it is if you're extremely naive if you think this will stop or even significantly reduce demand for abortion in the US. It wont, it will simply drive it underground like the old days, back street abortionists.

Probably be even more of them than in the old days since there are many more people comprising women who desire an abortion and non medical personnel who will deliver the service.

There will be more of these abortionists because many will get an inkling of how to at least initiate the process from the internet, which will become covered in advice on how to do it even alone.

It's disastrous and will result in countless dead women, actual lives not potential. 

Oh I fully realise that these abortions will go back underground. However contraception is widely available for those who are out for a good time and fall pregnant. It obviously doesn’t answer the question of rape and abuse victims what options do they have have? However what option or rights does the the unborn child have that’s where my sympathies lie. The unborn child is paying the ultimate price for others actions and mistakes. 

Just now, The Internet said:

Knew there'd be at least one on here. 

One who sticks up and speaks out in defence of the vulnerable.

The USA really is a totally ****ed up country. I feel sorry for the sane people there, including my family, but the religious fanatics and right to bear arms idiots, words fail me. As for anyone supporting putting women's rights back a hundred years???? 

21 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

The gay and lesbians rights to marry etc... will be targeted next. And contraception will also be banned.

3 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

It's a good start. Well done. Gonna need to pump those numbers up.

What about you? 

14 minutes ago, Imaman said:

Good for you. But tell that to the kid whose grandfather raped her mother.

Edited by ri Alban

9 minutes ago, Imaman said:

One who sticks up and speaks out in defence of the vulnerable.

Are you a man or a woman. If you're a man, you need stfu. You've no right to tell them what they do .

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Good for you. But tell that to the kid whose grandfather raped her mother.

Is it the kids fault and should it be dead now because of someone else’s horrific act? 

Dennis Reynolds
Just now, Imaman said:

What about you? 

One adopted, one biological and another biological on the way. I'm an orphan myself. I've been in the system whilst all the pro-life nuts couldn't give a **** about a kids life after they're born. 

Just now, ri Alban said:

Are you a man or a woman. If you're a man, you need stfu. You've no right to tell them what they do .

I’m for the defenceless child and you are supporting killing it right? I’ll continue to speak up for the defenceless as long as I have breath. 

2 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

One adopted, one biological and another biological on the way. I'm an orphan myself. I've been in the system whilst all the pro-life nuts couldn't give a **** about a kids life after they're born. 

Not all pro-life nuts dont give a **** some take positive steps to support them into the future. 

10 minutes ago, Imaman said:

Oh I fully realise that these abortions will go back underground. However contraception is widely available for those who are out for a good time and fall pregnant. It obviously doesn’t answer the question of rape and abuse victims what options do they have have? However what option or rights does the the unborn child have that’s where my sympathies lie. The unborn child is paying the ultimate price for others actions and mistakes. 

Well there's one way we differ, you care more about a potential, not an actual person, but a couple of cells you would need a microscope to see, is more important and deserving of concern than an already living breathing human being who may even already have children to take care of.

You would prefer to deprive this living breathing feeling human being and her existing children of her life, for the sake of a non living non breathing non feeling handful of cells.

My empathies can't get around that. But then i'm not turning to any bronze age book of mythology for help in trying to make decisions that affect living breathing feeling humans. And I suspect you do.

Since the Abortion Act came into effect in 1968 – 6 months after it received Royal Assent.  

Since then, a staggering 9,900,961* unborn babies have lost their lives to abortion across England, Wales, and Scotland — in 2020, more than one baby was lost to abortion every two and a half minutes; 25 lives were ended every hour.

Over 1 in 4 (25.2%) pregnancies in England and Wales now end in abortion, according to the most recent Government statistics

The number of abortions in England and Wales reached a record high with 210,860 taking place in 2020, while the number of terminations performed in Scotland was the second-highest on record at 13,815.

This significant rise in abortions accompanied Governments introducing a temporary measure in March 2020 allowing ‘DIY’ home abortions in England and Wales, and Scotland. 

Abortion statistics released by the Department of Health and Social Care show that 209,917 abortions were performed for English and Welsh residents in 2020.

This is 2,533 more than in 2019, which was until now the highest number on record.

1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

Well there's one way we differ, you care more about a potential, not an actual person, but a couple of cells you would need a microscope to see, is more important and deserving of concern than an already living breathing human being who may even already have children to take care of.

You would prefer to deprive this living breathing feeling human being and her existing children of her life, for the sake of a non living non breathing non feeling handful of cells.

My empathies can't get around that. But then i'm not turning to any bronze age book of mythology for help in trying to make decisions that affect living breathing feeling humans. And I suspect you do.

We were all potential lives at one point and non living non breathing cells too that’s you and me. That can’t be denied but abortion takes away that potential life and the cells don’t get a chance to breathe. Are you happy to encourage and help that potential life to die? I’m not.  

Unknown user
18 hours ago, Ked said:

I'm torn on abortion to be honest.

The more we learn about an unborn baby and its development makes me uneasy about .

However I do not like its political divide and I certainly am suspicious of political gain on the subject.

It definitely is not just about a woman's choice though.

It cannot be .

It doesn't really matter if you approve or not, it's going to happen anyway.

It's up to society to decide whether to support vulnerable young women or not. I know which society I want.

22 minutes ago, Imaman said:

I'm uncomfortable about abortion for a variety of reasons.

Some I admit are spiritual although I'm not religious.

However it cannot be black and white.

But it has to be said that some see it as a form of contraception.

I also disagree that its only a question for women and I regard myself as very defensive of their rights.

I think earlier in the thread @Cade said a grown up conversation was needed.

That sadly won't happen if people are zealots about it.

Not a dig at you but the rights of everyone in cases of abuse or rape must at least be equal.

What I would say is you cannot refuse to set laws because people may break them.

Just now, Smithee said:

It doesn't really matter if you approve or not, it's going to happen anyway.

It's up to society to decide whether to support vulnerable young women or not. I know which society I want.

Actually it does matter if I approve.

I.part of the society you live in.

And I can tell you I do support the protection of vulnerable women.

It's a complex issue Smithee and I won't be pigeon holed by political outlook.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Ked said:

Actually it does matter if I approve.

I.part of the society you live in.

And I can tell you I do support the protection of vulnerable women.

It's a complex issue Smithee and I won't be pigeon holed by political outlook.

It only matters to you if you approve, abortions will continue to happen either way. So it really doesn't matter if you approve.

Dennis Reynolds
7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The full decision, including the dissenting opinion.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/21pdf/19-1392_6j37.pdf

There appears to be some concern on the part of the dissenters that the rights to contraception, same sex relationships and same sex marriages will also be overturned in the future.

The land of the free they say.

Unknown user
7 minutes ago, Ked said:

Not a dig at you but the rights of everyone in cases of abuse or rape must at least be equal.

Who else's rights are we looking after if a girl's been raped?

13 minutes ago, Imaman said:

Are you happy to encourage and help that potential life to die?

In a perfect world no i'm not, but this isn't a perfect world, absolutely never has been, and never will be in any foreseeable future.

You're happy to kill a woman and devastate her entire family including real children not a couple of cells that feel nothing and potentially never will even without abortion. That's frankly insanity to me.

The living take precedence over the dead and the never have been.

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

The land of the free they say.

A thread that highlights the difference in approach of the SC Justices.

5 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

You're happy to kill a woman and devastate her entire family including real children not a couple of cells that feel nothing and potentially never will even without abortion. That's frankly insanity to me.

Why would I be happy to kill anyone? 

1 minute ago, Imaman said:

Why would I be happy to kill anyone? 

Why would I be happy to kill a never was? You're not addressing a single point I made because you can't and look reasonable.

Just now, JFK-1 said:

Why would I be happy to kill a never was? You're not addressing a single point I made because you can't and look reasonable.

My reasoning is with the defenceless children or cells or never was which is a strange way to describe potential life. You are encouraging and facilitating the death of these living growing cells that will never get a chance to live a life if they are aborted. 
Why would the the birth of another child have an devastating effect on already born children? We in the west live in a society (in the UK) where the state provides support to families. We can argue that it’s never enough help but there is still support from the state for families. 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Imaman said:

My reasoning is with the defenceless children or cells or never was which is a strange way to describe potential life. You are encouraging and facilitating the death of these living growing cells that will never get a chance to live a life if they are aborted. 
Why would the the birth of another child have an devastating effect on already born children? We in the west live in a society (in the UK) where the state provides support to families. We can argue that it’s never enough help but there is still support from the state for families. 

Do you advocate forcing a rape victim to carry to full term, to give birth to an unwanted baby, to go home with 20 quid a week child allowance when she didn't want any kids?

Malinga the Swinga

Great decision by the pro life fanatics in US. Presumably they'll ban bullets as they kill people and people have a right to life, they'll stop attacking their enemies in Afghanistan, Iraq and other Middle Eastern countries by way of drones as these enemies have a 'right to life' and they will have to abandon the death penalty as the condemned have. 'right to life'.

No more switching off life support in hospitals for those in comas or who have no brain activity as they have right to life and future medical research may enable them to recover.

An unforgivable decision, made by the terminally stupid in defence of beliefs that a 'magic man', who never ever existed, encourages his supporters to follow.

I like US in many areas, sports, technology development and research to name but a few, but the downright insanity that the right wing fundamentalists have enacted makes me scared for the future.

These ***** have weapons that could wipe out mankind and given the right scenario, they'll use it in defence of a Constitution that isn't fit to be used to wipe shit off a diarrhea ridden monkey.

God bless America my arse.

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

America just took a massive step backwards. 

more than a massive step, they've been launched further back to before they were even a country

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Do you advocate forcing a rape victim to carry to full term, to give birth to an unwanted baby, to go home with 20 quid a week child allowance when she didn't want any kids?

Of course he does. Like most of these insane nutjobs, it can't ever happen to him, so he makes a judgement call that he knows best.

Nothing scarier than these people who act with impunity on matters that have **** all to do with them.

Seymour M Hersh

Overturning Roe should transfer the abortion issue to the people, to debate and decide for themselves through their elected representatives, which is also known as democracy. If States decide to ban it via the ballot box then that is the will of the people and conversely if States allow it via the ballot box that is also the will of the people of that State. 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Overturning Roe should transfer the abortion issue to the people, to debate and decide for themselves through their elected representatives, which is also known as democracy. If States decide to ban it via the ballot box then that is the will of the people and conversely if States allow it via the ballot box that is also the will of the people of that State. 

Make it a women only vote and that's a good idea.

Jambo-Jimbo
5 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

America is rife with religious freaks. 

Indeed, this has nothing to do with unborn childrens rights and everything to do with the bible.

Make no mistake about it, this ruling condems thousands of children to the care system and an uncertain future.

• Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)