U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

13 hours ago, alfajambo said:

It took Hannity about 20 seconds before he mentioned Hilary Clinton.

Quelle surprise!!   I thought it would have been faster than that.  :biggrin2:

• Replies 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Watched earlier  I think it was the National Intelligence guy contradicting Trump by saying the North Koreans have no intention of denuclearising, and ISIS are nowhere near  to being defeated. 

Remember Trump's mad speech about prayer mats in the desert, immigrants being smuggled over the border with duct tape over their mouths and how the smuggler's vehicles were better than anything the US border guards have?

Someone did some detective work and it turns out that all of these things are in the recently released film "Sicario 2: Day of the Soldado".

Just like Trump wanting invisible aircraft "like in the movies", he made a speech to the nation about the looming threats of illegal immigration based on a fecking film he saw.

trump-twitter-tweets-muslim-prayer-rug-s

Edited by Cade

4 hours ago, Cade said:

Remember Trump's mad speech about prayer mats in the desert, immigrants being smuggled over the border with duct tape over their mouths and how the smuggler's vehicles were better than anything the US border guards have?

Someone did some detective work and it turns out that all of these things are in the recently released film "Sicario 2: Day of the Soldado".

Just like Trump wanting invisible aircraft "like in the movies", he made a speech to the nation about the looming threats of illegal immigration based on a fecking film he saw.

trump-twitter-tweets-muslim-prayer-rug-s

He's either lying about something he saw in a movie, or he's confusing reality with make-believe.  

Either way, it's one more spiral down the rabbit hole for President Con Man.

Watched Tucker Carlson last night, he was disc ussing the FBI report on the Las Vegas shooting, which  personally I found quite reasonable. Carlson commented on the travesty of the inability to complete the investigation, but they could utilise twenty nine men multiple vehicles to arrest a sixty six year old unarmed man.

Although I did wonder at the manpower and armed agents to arrest a stupid old fart, the two incidents to me just have absolutely no connection, and cannot be compared in any way. But Tucker was able to use all his facial expressions in his contempt.

17 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

It took Hannity about 20 seconds before he mentioned Hilary Clinton.

Quelle surprise!!   I thought it would have been faster than that.  :biggrin2:

More full me for wasting 8 minutes of my life watching that drivel. But, what benefit does continuing to bang on about Hilary have? She lost the election and won't run again. Surely he should be taking aim at Elizabeth Warren or someone else that is currently active.

5 minutes ago, Stokesy said:

More full me for wasting 8 minutes of my life watching that drivel. But, what benefit does continuing to bang on about Hilary have? She lost the election and won't run again. Surely he should be taking aim at Elizabeth Warren or someone else that is currently active.

Deflection, deflection, deflection.

Trump's base hates Clinton with a passion, she is the preverbal bogeyman, the wicked witch, so they keep her close to the news, thus can whip the base into a frenzy and as long as they are shouting 'lock her up, lock her up' they are not looking closer to home.

Mind for most Trump could do pretty much anything and they'd still love him.

1 hour ago, bobsharp said:

Although I did wonder at the manpower and armed agents to arrest a stupid old fart, the two incidents to me just have absolutely no connection, and cannot be compared in any way. But Tucker was able to use all his facial expressions in his contempt.

Was he trying to imply that the men arresting Stone could have been investigating the collusion case? This is obviously nonsensical as the people arresting Stone don't have the required skill set to be involved in the investigation.

6 minutes ago, Stokesy said:

Was he trying to imply that the men arresting Stone could have been investigating the collusion case? This is obviously nonsensical as the people arresting Stone don't have the required skill set to be involved in the investigation.

My take was he was suggesting that the FBI had spent many months investigating a mass murder and really did not prove anything, and then did not take the time to adequately consider how they should arrest Stone, for an investigation that is a waste of money, and time, the whole Russia thing, and basically that they are incompetent, and wasting the peoples money. He of course is just further promoting the Trump opinion that every one is corrupt and out to get Trump.

9 minutes ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

This is so stupid it actually hurts my brain. 

Yet, it's the kinda thing you'd not be surprised to hear from this Illiterate, Ill-informed & ignorant waste of space.

J.T.F.Robertson
6 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

Global WAMING?

He is without question, an ignorant, slavering, fekin moron. (''scuse my French)

*Note to self, "calm down, calm down".

40 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

He is without question, an ignorant, slavering, fekin moron. (''scuse my French)

*Note to self, "calm down, calm down".

I agree, but best POTUS ever, according to one of my American relatives.  There's nowt sae queer as folks, as my mother used to say.

I suppose the one good thing about Trump is, it proves all the conspiracy theories like JFK and films like bond and Bourne are utter BS. Otherwise he'd be dead long ago.

31 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

So God and Putin teamed up to elect Drumpf. More for Mueller to chew over.

Putin had more to do with it than God, imo.

Just listened on our local radio station to a Trump recording about the wall. It was turned down to half speed and made it sound like he was drunk out of his mind, it appealed to my particular brand of humor.

Craig Gordons Gloves

Apparently the reason that evangelicals are more republican than democrat is to do with their belief that nothing is greater than god, and with the repulican's philosphy that government should be small allows them to continue with this belief.  His nonsense about bible study coming back into schools is never going to happen but it again, allows the evangelicals to assuage their consciences over the rest of his behavior. 

That didn't happen.

And if it did, it wasn't that bad.

And if it was, that's not a big deal.

And if it is, that's not my fault.

And if it was, I didn't mean it.

And if I did.

You deserved it.

On 31/01/2019 at 15:37, Maple Leaf said:

Putin had more to do with it than God, imo.

Maybe the reality is that DT has been crowned as the perfect fall guy to bring to stage a new age; as the perceived dark destructor before the time of worldly light and peace. Perhaps the forerunner to the chap that the world will love. Or maybe not.

1 hour ago, alfajambo said:

Maybe the reality is that DT has been crowned as the perfect fall guy to bring to stage a new age; as the perceived dark destructor before the time of worldly light and peace. Perhaps the forerunner to the chap that the world will love. Or maybe not.

Sounds like you might be coming around to my way of thinking wrt Trump. :thumb:

I can't think who the "chap that the world will love" might be.  The most perfect person imaginable would still be despised by at least half the planet.

It's early days for the 2020 election, but I was really pleased to read that Cory Brooker is throwing his hat into the ring.

Kalamazoo Jambo
3 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

It's early days for the 2020 election, but I was really pleased to read that Cory Brooker is throwing his hat into the ring.

*Booker. He was always going to run, it was just a matter of when he announced. I still have no clue who will get the nomination, though.

Kalamazoo Jambo

Only indirectly related to Trump but Ralph Northam, Governor of Virginia  (and a Democrat) needs to resign. Right now.  He’s in a god awful college yearbook picture from when he was 25 (in 1984) with one person in black face and the other dressed up in KKK garb. I’m genuinely amazed.

Virginia deserves better, doubly so after Charlottesville.

Edit: he has apologized but says he won’t resign. My best guess is that he’ll resign over the weekend anyway. The pressure on him to walk away will be intense.

2 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Only indirectly related to Trump but Ralph Northam, Governor of Virginia  (and a Democrat) needs to resign. Right now.  He’s in a god awful college yearbook picture from when he was 25 (in 1984) with one person in black face and the other dressed up in KKK garb. I’m genuinely amazed.

Edit: he has apologized but says he won’t resign. My best guess is that he’ll resign over the weekend anyway. The pressure on him to walk away will be intense.

He should resign.

2 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Protests will be happening at the Executive Mansion in the morning. I might wander over if the kids are amiable and it's not too ridiculously cold.

It wasn't a college yearbook picture, it was his medical school yearbook. And it was on a page where he got to pick the photos, not one someone else stuck in there of him.

The number of missed opportunities to exercise a bit of good judgment is what's so ridiculous.

I'm no fan of his -- he got Medicaid expansion passed in Virginia, which is a great thing (basically removed state-level opposition to Obamacare), but he's been okay to bad on most other issues. The Lt. Gov, Justin Fairfax, is much better. I'm hoping he's Governor by Monday.

Kalamazoo Jambo
5 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

The Lt. Gov, Justin Fairfax, is much better. I'm hoping he's Governor by Monday.

Based on the latest reactions, I think Northam will be gone in the morning. The first I read about Fairfax was when he left the VA Senate Chamber a couple of weeks ago in protest at the annual Robert Lee traitorfest. From what I now know, I have high hopes for a Fairfax Governorship.

PS saw a confederate flag on a truck here in Michigan today :facepalm:

Kalamazoo Jambo

Northam now (privately) claiming that it’s not even him in the photo, after having apologized for being in the photo last night.

He’s also suggesting to colleagues that facial recognition software could prove his innocence, which means he doesn’t understand the concept of hoods.

The guy just needs to go.

Kalamazoo Jambo

Northam has a press conference:

- He says it wasn't him in the photo.

- He then says he knows it wasn't him, because he put on blackface a different time to imitate Michael Jackson in a dance competition. He said that he learned to moonwalk, and won the competition.

- When asked if he can still moonwalk, he starts checking around to see if he has room - until his wife stops him.

The above is not satire. It actually happened.

Great attempt at damage control, Ralph.

5 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Northam has a press conference:

- He says it wasn't him in the photo.

- He then says he knows it wasn't him, because he put on blackface a different time to imitate Michael Jackson in a dance competition. He said that he learned to moonwalk, and won the competition.

- When asked if he can still moonwalk, he starts checking around to see if he has room - until his wife stops him.

The above is not satire. It actually happened.

Great attempt at damage control, Ralph.

I didn't watch the presser but everyone on my social media feeds who did is still picking their jaws up off the floor for how bad it was.

I said elsewhere that if he really wants to save his reputation, he resigns the day after taking down some of the worst of the Confederate statues in this stupid city in the middle of the night.

Kalamazoo Jambo
35 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

I didn't watch the presser but everyone on my social media feeds who did is still picking their jaws up off the floor for how bad it was.

I said elsewhere that if he really wants to save his reputation, he resigns the day after taking down some of the worst of the Confederate statues in this stupid city in the middle of the night.

That would be a nice touch but it better be soon. He’a putting Fairfax in a really difficult position right now. Fairfax clearly thinks Northam should resign but can’t come right out and say it given that he stands to gain the Governorship.

Just now, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

That would be a nice touch but it better be soon. He’a putting Fairfax in a really difficult position right now. Fairfax clearly thinks Northam should resign but can’t come right out and say it given that he stands to gain the Governorship.

Fortunately everyone else is. At some point it's probably going to take Obama calling him and telling him to GTF.

Kalamazoo Jambo
22 hours ago, Ugly American said:

Fortunately everyone else is. At some point it's probably going to take Obama calling him and telling him to GTF.

Northam has called a meeting of his staff. Let’s see if he resigns tonight, using the Super Bowl as a distraction. It’s also possible he just wants to prove to his team that he can, indeed, still moonwalk.

Francis Albert
On ‎02‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 02:48, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

In other words not really related at all.

12 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

In other words not really related at all.

Related in that he's been caught doing something awful, and his own party has held him to a high standard.

I'll let you figure out the rest.

Francis Albert
12 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

Related in that he's been caught doing something awful, and his own party has held him to a high standard.

I'll let you figure out the rest.

I think I have got it. Every politician in the world who has in the last 40 years (or perhaps ever) done something awful, and whose party has at some point held him or her to a high standard (even before that party has done so), is related to Trump.

Edited by Francis Albert

• Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)
  • Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)