• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kalamazoo Jambo
Just now, JackLadd said:

Hispanics in Az there are not Cuban. Big diff. 

Yes I know. And I repeat, Biden is lagging with Hispanics.

J.T.F.Robertson
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Something is fundamentally wrong in America that it's now getting this close.

Night night, folks.

There are many things fundamentally wrong, but after 4 years of this outrageous self-server you would hope a few of those fundamentals would change.

Mibbae no'.

On 30/10/2020 at 01:26, Ulysses said:

One thing that's clear from all the pollsters is that Biden is significantly outperforming Clinton (and in one or two cases Obama) in North Carolina, Ohio, Georgia, Iowa, and Arizona.  Yet he might not win any of them.  Likewise, Florida will be very close, and while Trump is leading in Texas his lead is within margins of error.  Trump's efforts to thieve the election could be successful, although if Biden flips (say) NC and GA that'll probably put a halt to that.  Biden could find himself within decimal points of winning all of those states but losing them all.  Imagine winning the popular vote by about 6% but losing in the electoral college by 270 to 268. :eek:

I might just quote this and leave it here.

Kalamazoo Jambo
1 minute ago, Riddley Walker said:

Cheers.

Looks like I'm wrong but I always had it in my head Ohio was a 'liberal' state in line with the north east coast US of NY, Delaware, NJ etc.

Ohio is solidly Midwestern, used to be a swing state but in recent years moved heavily Republican.

49 minutes ago, Barack said:

I heartily recommend watching John King on CNN, if you want to understand the swings between 2016 and now.

Very good. If hectic.

I was watching him, he is quite informative, but he is so busy I was exhausted watching him and came to JKB to calm down a bit.

Kalamazoo Jambo
Just now, Ulysses said:

I might just quote this and leave it here.

I think people like ‘certainty’ over ‘margin of error’.

3 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Yes I know. And I repeat, Biden is lagging with Hispanics.

I for one am shocked

Mac_fae_Gillie
16 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Hershey’s has an aftertaste of vomit. Just like this election night.

1st night in Chicago bought 2 hersheys from the hotel icebox room vending machine with my last 2 dollars(small notes) after a night on the beers opened one up put it about 2inches from mouth and the smell made me puke.. then thought it was just off so opened the other(was starving) puked again..

Just now, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

I think people like ‘certainty’ over ‘margin of error’.

It does now look as if Biden is improving the Democratic vote share but will come up short in all the "marginals".

Just now, vegas-voss said:

So looking like a Trump win ?

If none of the "new swing states" deliver for Biden, then all Trump has to do is hold on to one of Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania.

4 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

There are many things fundamentally wrong, but after 4 years of this outrageous self-server you would hope a few of those fundamentals would change.

Mibbae no'.

If Biden manages to lose the second straight slam dunk election for the Democrats against a fascist, it should mean the end of the Democratic party. Running right wing corporatist hacks that not only failed to energise any of their base but probably turned more voters off than anything, each of them campaigning against progressive policies, with Biden coming out against Medicare-for-All and other relief during a pandemic.

I've been saying it for literal months and I'm in disbelief nonetheless.

1 minute ago, Ulysses said:

If none of the "new swing states" deliver for Biden, then all Trump has to do is hold on to one of Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania.

Dam

**** ! I can't take 4 more years of this shitshow. Profound implications for America and thr rest of the World. He will be even more insufferable if that's humanely possible. And no doubt he will have a succession plan in place to install one of his offspring. 

J.T.F.Robertson
3 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

If Biden manages to lose the second straight slam dunk election for the Democrats against a fascist, it should mean the end of the Democratic party. Running right wing corporatist hacks that not only failed to energise any of their base but probably turned more voters off than anything, each of them campaigning against progressive policies, with Biden coming out against Medicare-for-All and other relief during a pandemic.

I've been saying it for literal months and I'm in disbelief nonetheless.

Didn't absorb all your details but did get your overall gist.

I guess there must also be millions of wannabe fascists, which, frankly, never would have surprised me at any point in my life, least of all these days.

Kalamazoo Jambo
Just now, vegas-voss said:

He is winning the popular vote as well.

Would you like to tell me how many Californian votes have been counted?

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

He is winning the popular vote as well.

It's clear that the voters generally don't blame Donald Trump for the Covid-19 situation.

2 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

I guess there must also be millions of wannabe fascists, which, frankly, never would have surprised me at any point in my life, least of all these days.

Sadly right. But a strong message needed to be sent against them. This wasn't it—even if Biden yet pulls this out, Trumpism lives on. The torture of migrant children, not renounced. All the thugs and crooks in this administration, they are resoundingly vindicated by what we're seeing even now.

2 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Don't you think maybe, just perhaps, there's a wee bit misuse of the "f" word banded about by the left? 🤔

Riddley Walker
5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

That'll swing back to Trump I reckon. 

@Justin Z What's happening? The graphics look pretty Dem heavy to me, going by the Phoenix County but I've been drinking a fair amount and could well be wrong.

1 minute ago, Riddley Walker said:

@Justin Z What's happening? The graphics look pretty Dem heavy to me, going by the Phoenix County but I've been drinking a fair amount and could well be wrong.

Yeah, it's pretty promising. Haven't seen anything like this since 1996 when Bill Clinton won the state.

10 minutes ago, JyTees said:

Don't you think maybe, just perhaps, there's a wee bit misuse of the "f" word banded about by the left? 🤔

—Heinrich Himmler

Edit to add for clarity, I'm not calling the poster Himmler. I'm mocking his blinkers.

Edited by Justin Z

Kalamazoo Jambo

As a warning to all the excitable folks on here, the Michigan/Wisconsin/Pennsylvania tallies will likely favor Trump early on no matter the end result. Generally speaking, the ‘on the day’ ballots are being counted first and then the early votes counted later (thank Republican state legislatures for that ridiculous state of affairs). And there’s a huge split between Dems voting early and Republicans voting on Election Day itself. So no guarantees of anything, but watch out on over-interpreting early results.

Riddley Walker
Just now, Justin Z said:

Yeah, it's pretty promising. Haven't seen anything like this since 1996 when Bill Clinton won the state.

👍 Good. 

Riddley Walker
1 minute ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

As a warning to all the excitable folks on here, the Michigan/Wisconsin/Pennsylvania tallies will likely favor Trump early on no matter the end result. Generally speaking, the ‘on the day’ ballots are being counted first and then the early votes counted later (thank Republican state legislatures for that ridiculous state of affairs). And there’s a huge split between Dems voting early and Republicans voting on Election Day itself. So no guarantees of anything, but watch out on over-interpreting early results.

I guess there will be some sort of general projection for the early votes though?

4 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

N. Carolina and Ohio looked like that as well, so I'll not get my hopes up. A glimmer of hope though. Hopefully the good folk of Arizona have come through. 

3 minutes ago, JyTees said:

Yep, he was one. What about him? 🤔

He also helped concentrate ############ into camps like this one.

Edit: Now that's an extremely interesting auto-censor. It's a German word that translates to "under men" in English.

Edited by Justin Z

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)