• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If anyone in the history of politics had an easy a tap in as Biden after Trump let me know.

A chance to heal a chance to inspire a chance to impress with decent well thought out policy speeches etc.

But no.

Not even close to turning around a total fek up.

It is beyond ridiculous the ability of genuine political nous that anyone would see that .

I can't believe that anyone with sense of what's needed would consider Biden as any kind of inspiration as any kind of hope and fundamentally as any example of a person worth bestowing the presidency of the US.

Unless they're a total hypocrite.

Unknown user
13 minutes ago, Ked said:

I can span this thread for hours Smithbhhheee.

It's easy.

Try not being a stuck in the one way of thinking idiot

I haven't made any claims, I'm asking you to back yours up 🤷‍♂️

It's clear you're off on a strop tonight though. Take my advice, step away, come back tomorrow when you're in a better mood and we can talk like grown-ups 👍

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I haven't made any claims, I'm asking you to back yours up 🤷‍♂️

It's clear you're off on a strop tonight though. Take my advice, step away, come back tomorrow when you're in a better mood and we can talk like grown-ups 👍

Aye maybe.

Guid advice Smithee.

Nipped ma heid earlier about fox news no huvin a clue etc.

Thanks .

Still think Bidens shit.

Anyway I shall take your advice .

Yer still a wee dick😉

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, Ked said:

Aye maybe.

Guid advice Smithee.

Nipped ma heid earlier about fox news no huvin a clue etc.

Thanks .

Still think Bidens shit.

Anyway I shall take your advice .

Yer still a wee dick😉

Ken :)

4 hours ago, Ked said:

I can span this thread for hours Smithbhhheee.

It's easy.

Try not being a stuck in the one way of thinking idiot

Try practicing what you preach. I'm surprised you don't have Obama as the worst president, since you used to go on about how many bombs he's dropped in the middle east.

12 hours ago, Ked said:

And his mental health is questioned by everyone apart from you it seems.

Okay let's start with that, everybody thinks he's senile. Well in actual fact they don't, you're the only one here. Give us an example of 'everybody' aside from you. You might start with Tucker Carlson. 

Trump and his love for the North Korean despot, eclipsed only by his love of Putin no doubt. Regarding the NK guy Trump actually says "we fell in love, no really"

Hagar the Horrible

Do wee agree Trump was the worst president ever?

GWB  in reality was the second worst, but I did like his dad

BO is well liked by non-americans

But for me all presidents have Aides  Biden has carers, he thinks the whitehouse is a care home

However he is starting to go some good, but got off to a bad start by lifting up his skirt and running out of Afganistan in an un controlled manner, his failure to deal with an insurrection, and Trump is not in jail for it.  Made him look weak in Putins eyes, along with Boris failure to not deal with the Salisbury poisingings made the West look irrelevant,  Putin did underestimate Ukraine and the wests ability to provide resources however.

Biden is not a World leader, the US is now not a big player on the world stage, he is just a signatory for world policies, he does not influence them.  270m people and he is the best he can come up with.

History wont be kind thats my prediction, but still not sure if he is the second worst yet. in living memory mibbies but not over all.

12 hours ago, Ked said:

As well as could be expected.

Ffs Cade.

He was up against a fekin clown.

He has done nothing to heal the divide and in fact has used the race card against moderate republicans who some of are more to the left than he.

The US is dangerously polarised 

And I'm the one swallowing pishy newschannels.

Bidens a fekin joke following  on from a joke and ripping off us all because we are a joke voting public

You'll never have any healing in the US as long as Trump is alive, and moderate republicans if they go against Trump, well we know what happens to them, they're out.

Besides it takes both sides to want to heal the divisions, and even with the best will in the World, it ain't gonna happen until Trump is gone and even then it'll still take years to heal the rift.

Hagar the Horrible
59 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

You'll never have any healing in the US as long as Trump is alive, and moderate republicans if they go against Trump, well we know what happens to them, they're out.

Besides it takes both sides to want to heal the divisions, and even with the best will in the World, it ain't gonna happen until Trump is gone and even then it'll still take years to heal the rift.

I would go a step further 70m reps voted for him, at 50m of that still believe him that the election was stolen.  It will take something huge to prove he is an imbicile and he lied to all of them, who is the bigger fool?????

Trump will need to be brought to task, the denial of everything cannot prevail

33 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

I would go a step further 70m reps voted for him, at 50m of that still believe him that the election was stolen.  It will take something huge to prove he is an imbicile and he lied to all of them, who is the bigger fool?????

Indeed, it was an impossible task for Biden, for anybody in fact to heal the rift in America right now, I'd even say that it was a miracle too far for even Jesus to accomplish, if you believe that sort of stuff and plenty in America do, there's plenty who believe that Trump was sent by God and that is also part of the major problem here, because only Trump appointed by God can heal, Biden or whoever else was on a hiding to nothing from day one.

1 hour ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

I think they're in the process of doing that, he could be in and out of courtrooms for the rest of his life. Free speech has to be redefined more meticulously than shouting fire when there is no fire isn't covered.

Such brazen denial of indisputable fact, which is destroying a society, while we know these figures denying the facts know they're lying. And they know we know they're lying.

Purposefully and maliciously feeding easily disproven lies while also making veiled references to crazies to do something crazy.  It's right there in front of us and everybody sees it and knows what it is. 

Surely the best legal minds we have can define this shit to a degree we can legally indict it. Which of course the Hannity's etc. will call it "Nazi" and they're coming for you and your guns soon. But the alternative is a  continuance of this shit and an increase in right wing terror attacks.

This time even the Republican party are attacking the FBI. While Timothy McVeigh attacked an FBI office in Oklahoma City killing 165 just through being encouraged by right wing media, the Republican party of that time most certainly didn't invite violent attacks on law enforcement, as is happening now. 

38 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Surely the best legal minds we have can define this shit to a degree we can legally indict it. Which of course the Hannity's etc. will call it "Nazi" and they're coming for you and your guns soon. But the alternative is a  continuance of this shit and an increase in right wing terror attacks.

Broadcasting regulations that were removed during Reagan's time in office have a lot to answer for. This kickstarted the generation of opinion lead news rather than sticking to facts/stories.

Hannity, Carlson, Ingraham and Judge Jeanie aren't even journalists, just teleprompt jockeys for right with script writers. 

Re-instate some of them and perhaps some improvement can be made. 

3 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

But for me all presidents have Aides  Biden has carers, he thinks the whitehouse is a care home

However he is starting to go some good, but got off to a bad start by lifting up his skirt and running out of Afganistan in an un controlled manner, his failure to deal with an insurrection, and Trump is not in jail for it.  Made him look weak in Putins eyes, along with Boris failure to not deal with the Salisbury poisingings made the West look irrelevant,  Putin did underestimate Ukraine and the wests ability to provide resources however.

Biden is not a World leader, the US is now not a big player on the world stage, he is just a signatory for world policies, he does not influence them.  270m people and he is the best he can come up with.

History wont be kind thats my prediction, but still not sure if he is the second worst yet. in living memory mibbies but not over all.

I disagree with aspects of this but i understand them. It doesn't mean you are wrong, it also doesn't mean I am wrong. 

A lot of Biden's issues are all down to public perception and a lot of them are either unfair or based on a caricature that is used to undermine him IMO. 

I think that to suggest he has carers is not necessarily appropriate, i think he has a team around him and they report into him. A decent leader doesn't have to be seen, doesn't have to be micromanaging things all the time. I think the Biden Whitehouse has a lot of autonomy to get on with the job and i think that works better than people realise (rather than Trump's off the cuff policy changes and outward "I make all decisions" approach).

The first year was a firefight dealing with fixing the mess Trump left behind, it is well documented that many administrative positions across all facets of US government/military/diplomatic service were unfilled or were filled by people unfit to do the job. Effectively time was needed to heel and standup various broken parts of the US administration.  

He over promised on his two big policies however in year two the cut down versions have now gone through along with a number of other significant policies (eg. Gun control). Biden's Whitehouse is frequently delivering change that will impact across the US. 

Shaking off the caricatures is going to be very difficult for Biden, but I think Trump has done him a favour but having the US stand back from the world stage. It has let him work on policy/change in their own country to their (and his) benefit. 

Watt-Zeefuik
4 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Do wee agree Trump was the worst president ever?

GWB  in reality was the second worst, but I did like his dad

BO is well liked by non-americans

This is a little bit unfair IMO. My major problems with Biden as a President have been his inability to get vitally necessary things through Congress. It's why I'm more willing to defend him after the last couple of months, when he racked up this wins.

On Afghanistan, yes, it was bungled and should have been handled better, but TBF from what I can tell, no one, including the Taliban, expected Kabul to fall that fast. My issues with Biden's foreign policy in the past have been that he was too ready to support military action, but I think the experience of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars really changed him, and I'm willing to give him credit for that.

Nonetheless, foreign policy has been his major policy calling card for decades. It's why Obama picked him as VP—Obama didn't have any foreign policy experience to speak of, but Biden did. Obviously with HRC at State he wasn't the only big cheese in the room but he was involved in all the big FP decisions.

It's  on the Ukraine war that I think Biden deserves an immense amount of credit. Putin thought the West was either weak and divided, or that we'd fly off the handle and he'd have an excuse to drop a nuke on a military base or something. It's there that I have no doubt that Biden is intimately involved in picking up the pieces of NATO after Trump nearly destroyed it, and holding it together to help Ukraine. Shortly after the invasion started, I heard Biden in an interview talking extemporaneously about how Russia needed to be managed vis a vis how they viewed the world and how they viewed Ukraine, and it was really surprisingly insightful, nuanced, and informed. (He was the first person I heard use the term "near-abroad," which is a rough translation of what Russia calls the countries like Ukraine on its borders.) Yes, maybe he could have done more, but he both recognized that Putin had to be resisted and also that an overreaction would give Putin license to do much, much more. It's a delicate balance and I think a lot of US Presidents would have totally bungled it.

EDIT: Meant to add about the question about worst President ever. I would say so, but there are historians who will still bring up Buchanan and Pierce as worse, both of whom mollycoddled the slaveholders in the run up to the US Civil War, and refused to bolster the military in advance of secession. The result was that any chance of averting the war with the highest US casualties by a mile was lost, and the war went on far longer than it might otherwise have. To me those are convincing arguments to a degree but they don't hold up with the catastrophic, bombastic, bumbling response to COVID and the attempted coup, along with everything that came before.

I don't think GWB is quite second worst, but "worst two-term President" slots him in pretty well. (****ing John Kerry and his pathetic campaign.) He's definitely in the bottom 10, I'd say, although probably not the bottom 5.

Edited by Led Tasso

Hagar the Horrible
1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

This is a little bit unfair IMO. My major problems with Biden as a President have been his inability to get vitally necessary things through Congress. It's why I'm more willing to defend him after the last couple of months, when he racked up this wins.

On Afghanistan, yes, it was bungled and should have been handled better, but TBF from what I can tell, no one, including the Taliban, expected Kabul to fall that fast. My issues with Biden's foreign policy in the past have been that he was too ready to support military action, but I think the experience of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars really changed him, and I'm willing to give him credit for that.

Nonetheless, foreign policy has been his major policy calling card for decades. It's why Obama picked him as VP—Obama didn't have any foreign policy experience to speak of, but Biden did. Obviously with HRC at State he wasn't the only big cheese in the room but he was involved in all the big FP decisions.

It's  on the Ukraine war that I think Biden deserves an immense amount of credit. Putin thought the West was either weak and divided, or that we'd fly off the handle and he'd have an excuse to drop a nuke on a military base or something. It's there that I have no doubt that Biden is intimately involved in picking up the pieces of NATO after Trump nearly destroyed it, and holding it together to help Ukraine. Shortly after the invasion started, I heard Biden in an interview talking extemporaneously about how Russia needed to be managed vis a vis how they viewed the world and how they viewed Ukraine, and it was really surprisingly insightful, nuanced, and informed. (He was the first person I heard use the term "near-abroad," which is a rough translation of what Russia calls the countries like Ukraine on its borders.) Yes, maybe he could have done more, but he both recognized that Putin had to be resisted and also that an overreaction would give Putin license to do much, much more. It's a delicate balance and I think a lot of US Presidents would have totally bungled it.

EDIT: Meant to add about the question about worst President ever. I would say so, but there are historians who will still bring up Buchanan and Pierce as worse, both of whom mollycoddled the slaveholders in the run up to the US Civil War, and refused to bolster the military in advance of secession. The result was that any chance of averting the war with the highest US casualties by a mile was lost, and the war went on far longer than it might otherwise have. To me those are convincing arguments to a degree but they don't hold up with the catastrophic, bombastic, bumbling response to COVID and the attempted coup, along with everything that came before.

I don't think GWB is quite second worst, but "worst two-term President" slots him in pretty well. (****ing John Kerry and his pathetic campaign.) He's definitely in the bottom 10, I'd say, although probably not the bottom 5.

Good summary very hard to not agree with,  However the historians will go for Buchanan; Fillmore, Andrew Johnson and Grant are in there too.  With Trump his story is not yet over, he might end up being the first to go to jail

Yes Nixon could/should have, but for a Ford pardon

JFK gets a good write up, but no family is that unlucky,  OK they had their own money which meant they could not be bought, There were lots of scandals that just went away.

I ask those stated were the worst for America but you have to take who was the worst on a world stage????

Watt-Zeefuik
1 minute ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Good summary very hard to not agree with,  However the historians will go for Buchanan; Fillmore, Andrew Johnson and Grant are in there too.  With Trump his story is not yet over, he might end up being the first to go to jail

Yes Nixon could/should have, but for a Ford pardon

JFK gets a good write up, but no family is that unlucky,  OK they had their own money which meant they could not be bought, There were lots of scandals that just went away.

I ask those stated were the worst for America but you have to take who was the worst on a world stage????

Grant should absolutely not be in there. He's in the top 10. It's taken us a long time to clear away the reactionary stuff that about the Reconstruction but had we had a few more Grants, the country would have been a far better place. Fillmore and Johnson certainly scraping the bottom, though.

I bought the JFK heroism hype as a kid but as I've gotten older, it's clear he was a great orator with great speechwriters but, outside the Cuban missile crisis, a pretty middling President.

In terms of who were worst for the world stage, I'd have to say McKinley, Hoover, LBJ (who was great for America but . . .), Reagan (for what he did to Latin America), and GWB.  And Trump, of course, although I'm not sure he gets last place to himself in that category. He certainly laid the foundations for the invasion of Ukraine by coddling Putin and fracturing NATO, and failed the world in terms of COVID leadership, but he did have the sense to throw John Bolton out of the White House for trying to start a war with Iran.

9 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

In terms of who were worst for the world stage, I'd have to say McKinley

I'm related to McKinley on my mothers sider of the family. I had been told this when I was growing up but didn't entirely believe it. Then along came the internet and for the first time I saw a pic of McKinley, and he was a ringer for one of my mothers brothers. That's when I knew it was real.

Watt-Zeefuik
10 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I'm related to McKinley on my mothers sider of the family. I had been told this when I was growing up but didn't entirely believe it. Then along came the internet and for the first time I saw a pic of McKinley, and he was a ringer for one of my mothers brothers. That's when I knew it was real.

Heh, funny. He wasn’t corrupt or abusive and was widely respected at his death. But he really turned America towards our more imperialist posture of the 20th century.

Watt-Zeefuik

It's rather remarkable how much of the affidavit is unredacted. I'm used to the DOJ releasing 20 pages of blacked-out text and two pages of readable boilerplate.

Said they'd gotten sensitive national defense information documents back in January and were pretty sure it wasn't all of it, including information on clandestine agents abroad. Also shows a repeated pattern of obstructing the archives' attempts to obtain those records.

Any normal person would have an indictment an inch thick at this point.

Watt-Zeefuik

Good shares, Mikey. Marcy Wheeler ("emptywheel") is a really good source for this kind of thing, I hadn't looked to see what she'd said yet though.

Like I needed anybody to tell me Trump was intellectually stunted, adolescent level at best, and not even a bright adolescent. This video is like an amazing roast of Trump, based on nothing but fact.

Obama once roasted Trump at some event or other, it was quite good and made Trump squirm. But it would have been even better if he had said this.

Language Expert: Donald Trump's Way Of Speaking Is 'Oddly Adolescent' 

Columbia University professor of linguistics John McWhorter joins to discuss the unique way Donald Trump speaks which is unlike any president America's had before.

16 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

Good shares, Mikey. Marcy Wheeler ("emptywheel") is a really good source for this kind of thing, I hadn't looked to see what she'd said yet though.

More

If he's given up his own spies, will/ could that not lead to lethal injection?

Edited by ri Alban

16 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Like I needed anybody to tell me Trump was intellectually stunted, adolescent level at best, and not even a bright adolescent. This video is like an amazing roast of Trump, based on nothing but fact.

Obama once roasted Trump at some event or other, it was quite good and made Trump squirm. But it would have been even better if he had said this.

Language Expert: Donald Trump's Way Of Speaking Is 'Oddly Adolescent' 

Columbia University professor of linguistics John McWhorter joins to discuss the unique way Donald Trump speaks which is unlike any president America's had before.

That video was made 5 years ago.  If we've learned anything about Trump in the intervening years, it's that he's a bigger cretin than we realised.

13 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

That video was made 5 years ago.  If we've learned anything about Trump in the intervening years, it's that he's a bigger cretin than we realised.

What I learned is the he regressed from adolescent to toddler. He's Benjamin Button.

With all the talk around the raid on Trump allegedly looking for evidence of obstruction of justice may hark back to the findings of the Muller probe.

An investigation he tried to hinder, an investigation following which Mueller said he was uncomfortable with the thought of indicting a sitting president. Well he isn't sitting now. And everybody knows there were meetings with Russians in Trump tower.

And conspiring with Russians has actually become a shade trivial in comparison to further shit. What does this guy have to do to go to jail? Does he actually have to shoot somebody? As he claimed he could and get away with it.

This documents fiasco may be almost on a par with Trumps attempt to execute a coup. We don't know what was in all of those boxes and not just the ones they took away recently. The 15 boxes they recovered in January too.

And we will likely never know but it's not difficult to tell it would appear there's some really sensitive shit in there. And it's not just the fact that sensitive shit has been compromised, what's also been compromised are the sources.

This could imperil countless agents from many Western and other intelligence agencies including Mossad. While Trump hosts Saudis at that place. And his mouth is so big and so stupid I would wager he bragged he had classified documents. Bragged to foreigners.

Then there was the period of a year prior to January when he had all of the boxes, a whole year. Including some time, I can't remember if it were months, that it was public knowledge he had documents and they wanted them returned. Putin only had to read the papers to know it.

Do we seriously think the likes of Russia and China don't have people hanging around this idiot constantly? Hanging around that club constantly?

Ya know, golfing and stuff? Hundreds in a day would likely be common. Constantly changing faces, thousands passing through in a week.

I'm no intelligence guru but as an amateur i'm thinking I would have to treat every last page as at least potentially compromised.

And surely we're all agreed now Trump aint getting out of this, it's just too much and there is no legal defence against any of it. Just one more reason no one wants to defend him. It would be like trying to defend Tony Soprano when you the prosecutor and the judge and jury have all seen the Sopranos.

What could you say? It all went downhill when he didn't become a varsity athlete, and his dad was a crook and killer who chopped peoples fingers off in front of him. Poor Tony. Defence closes.

I now see Trump going down not fighting but whining. He was always a whiny bitch and now he really has something to be whiny about. Cos his ass is grass.

Any theories on why Trump would do this with these? Just one more thing no President has done before, nor ever will again. I can come up with a few speculative thoughts.

One as we all know he's a freakin' nutcase, Trump would do shit like this just to brag about it, seriously. He exposed an Israeli operation on camera, I think it was while speaking to Russians. He's that feckin' stupid and think how antsy allied intelligence agencies will have been during this idiots tenure.

That's another thing Biden will have to rebuild in the background, restore trust that we can tell them secret sensitive shit, and it will remain secret.

Next speculation is he had a purpose beyond bragging, and selected specific documents, which it appears he did. This is a guy they couldn't get to sit sill at an intelligence briefing, and would wouldn't read much more than half a page of an entire report. And this is the guy who absconded with these documents?

What could the purpose be aside from bragging? Well this shit could be of immeasurable value to a hostile rival like Russia. Or, before leaving the WH he snatched this shit with the intention of using it as some sort of leverage later?

And yes of course that's stupid, but this is Trump, the guy who asked if China might have a hurricane making weapon and who wondered if they could fire missiles at Mexico and pretend it was somebody else.

He's a kleptomaniac and just can't resist nicking something when the opportunity presents itself? Probably made off with the towels too, but then I would have nicked the towels myself.

Report: Woman Posed As Heiress To Infiltrate Mar-a-Lago, Trump Inner Circle

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that authorities are investigating a Russian-speaking immigrant from Ukraine who pretended to be a Rothschild heiress, made several trips to Mar-a-Lago—and even met with Trump. 

17 hours ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

When Trumpy gets back in next time around he's gonna have a Stalin style purge.

The only thing Trump is going to be purging are his bowels as the shit stacks up and he shits his pants.  

The mental Oompa Loompa is going radge just now, banging on about Hunter Biden's laptop and how the FBI stole the election and that he should either be re-instated as President immediately or another election held next month.

:rofl:

He's broken.

Unknown user
11 minutes ago, Cade said:

The mental Oompa Loompa is going radge just now, banging on about Hunter Biden's laptop and how the FBI stole the election and that he should either be re-instated as President immediately or another election held next month.

:rofl:

He's broken.

Desperation, he must be feeling the pressure closing in.

They're going to crucify him for these documents and rightly so, to me it amounts to treasonous activity. But that's not all they're going to nail him on, they're going to get him for Jan 6th too because that's as cut and dried as the documents are.

And maybe it's sort of convenient on some level it's panning out like this. If they charge him with the mishandling of these documents that's serious shit, and doesn't it then make it less cataclysmic so to speak when they charge him with conspiracy to overthrow the government? 

I think it's finally got through the orange fog of a cartoon like reality Trump normally exists in that this time, you're not talking/buying your way out of this shit. Trump is facing jail, or some sort of confinement since they can't put this idiot in a jail.

That's sinking in, and what's also sinking in is that unlike at the rallies, you can't just talk utter shite in a courtroom and expect it to be believed. He has no credible defence, all the legal experts can't think of one beyond maybe insanity.

So what Trump is resorting to is threats to set the mob on specific judges who sign warrants against him etc. The judge who signed off off on Mar a Lago then got death threats, while a Trump nut attacked an FBI office and became another idiot dead because of Trump. 

Trump wanted specific details of the warrant exposed because he wanted agents names to be revealed, plus it would appear there's someone, or maybe more than one, on the inside, in Trumps orbit who has been snitching.

This is how they knew exactly where to look, and the stuff was all over the place in various rooms. Right next to public areas. And if Trump could air the names of these insiders, then he could set the mob on them too. Intimidate witnesses.

And now Lindsey Graham has joined him. He just yesterday said that if Trump is charged there will be riots in the streets.

That's not a prediction when Trump and acolytes say such things, it's an incitement. But they wont wriggle out of this. Trump is cooked.

Threats: GOP Shredded Over 'Riot' Talk If Trump Is Indicted

Trump ally Sen. Lindsey Graham now directly threatening violence if Trump is prosecuted by law enforcement. MSNBC’s Chief Legal Correspondent Ari Melber reports on his remark that “there literally will be riots” as Graham himself faces legal trouble as a witness in the GA election probe, and reports on broader double standards in law enforcement and also the resolve of prosecutors against threats.

Unknown user

They're won't be civil war, there might be protests. All these people that shout are shouters, they're waiting for the government to come and take their rights off them, THEN they'll give them what for. Of course, there'll be some like that shaman twat but the US isn't scared of those guys.

For the most part they're stay at home bullies and wankers and, IMO, the biggest actual danger is in not making a massive example of trump.

7 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

They're going to crucify him for these documents and rightly so, to me it amounts to treasonous activity. But that's not all they're going to nail him on, they're going to get him for Jan 6th too because that's as cut and dried as the documents are.

And maybe it's sort of convenient on some level it's panning out like this. If they charge him with the mishandling of these documents that's serious shit, and doesn't it then make it less cataclysmic so to speak when they charge him with conspiracy to overthrow the government? 

I think it's finally got through the orange fog of a cartoon like reality Trump normally exists in that this time, you're not talking/buying your way out of this shit. Trump is facing jail, or some sort of confinement since they can't put this idiot in a jail.

That's sinking in, and what's also sinking in is that unlike at the rallies, you can't just talk utter shite in a courtroom and expect it to be believed. He has no credible defence, all the legal experts can't think of one beyond maybe insanity.

So what Trump is resorting to is threats to set the mob on specific judges who sign warrants against him etc. The judge who signed off off on Mar a Lago then got death threats, while a Trump nut attacked an FBI office and became another idiot dead because of Trump. 

Trump wanted specific details of the warrant exposed because he wanted agents names to be revealed, plus it would appear there's someone, or maybe more than one, on the inside, in Trumps orbit who has been snitching.

This is how they knew exactly where to look, and the stuff was all over the place in various rooms. Right next to public areas. And if Trump could air the names of these insiders, then he could set the mob on them too. Intimidate witnesses.

And now Lindsey Graham has joined him. He just yesterday said that if Trump is charged there will be riots in the streets.

That's not a prediction when Trump and acolytes say such things, it's an incitement. But they wont wriggle out of this. Trump is cooked.

I think the CCTV in Mar a Lago was the smoking gun. 

Watt-Zeefuik
6 hours ago, Smithee said:

They're won't be civil war, there might be protests. All these people that shout are shouters, they're waiting for the government to come and take their rights off them, THEN they'll give them what for. Of course, there'll be some like that shaman twat but the US isn't scared of those guys.

For the most part they're stay at home bullies and wankers and, IMO, the biggest actual danger is in not making a massive example of trump.

There won't be anything close to a civil war, but there's going to be more riots and more people killed and injured by fanatics, which is depressing enough as it is.

November elections are on a knife edge right now, but if the Democrats have a good day and keep the House, expand the Senate majority, and win some governorships like Georgia and at a very long stretch Texas or Florida, the GOP is going to lose its ****ing mind.

Edited by Led Tasso

@JFK-1 @Led Tasso You guys keep posted encouraging stories which give me some hope that Trump really is going to be held to account for his misdeeds.

But, as I've said before, I still think the criminal buffoon will dodge the bullet due to a complicit GOP and a bent SCOTUS.  Also as I've said before, I hope I'm wrong.

Watt-Zeefuik
3 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

@JFK-1 @Led Tasso You guys keep posted encouraging stories which give me some hope that Trump really is going to be held to account for his misdeeds.

But, as I've said before, I still think the criminal buffoon will dodge the bullet due to a complicit GOP and a bent SCOTUS.  Also as I've said before, I hope I'm wrong.

It's possible. I've said before that my preferred outcome is that the legal net starts to close and he hikes up his britches and flees the country. There will always be idiots who pine for him, but a guy who cuts and runs like that becomes a lot less appealing as a political hero.

• Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)