U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

Malinga the Swinga

I also read the biggest and bestest president ever attended armistice service. All very good and proper. He then said he tirelessly worked and supported veterans. Well other than calling those who died in service losers, slandering John McCain over unblemished service record, and refusing to lay wreath a year back cause it was raining, I guess. 

What a ***** of a man. 

• Replies 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Reading Texan Republican offering reward to anyone who can show evidence of voter fraud. That won't attract any crackpots. 

:rofl:

John Fetterman

@JohnFetterman

Hey, Governor Patrick- it’s your counterpart in Pennsylvania.

I’d like to collect your handsome reward for reporting voter fraud.

I got a dude in Forty Fort, PA who tried to have his dead mom vote for Trump.

I’d like mine in Sheetz gift cards pls.

ps. The Cowboys blow.

7 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I also read the biggest and bestest president ever attended armistice service. All very good and proper. He then said he tirelessly worked and supported veterans. Well other than calling those who died in service losers, slandering John McCain over unblemished service record, and refusing to lay wreath a year back cause it was raining, I guess. 

What a ***** of a man. 

Saw Trump at a ceremony today, Pence put his hand on his breast in the civilian salute, Trump the warrior President gave his now old military salute, you got to give him credit, he is very militaristic having been denied because of severely critical bone spurs to be able to serve.

5 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

What a ***** of a man. 

Yeh, I seen that on CNN and wondered if Trump whilst standing in front of the wreath was thinking - hope I don't have to stand here for long in the pouring rain for these losers, my fake orange tan might start to run.

J.T.F.Robertson
10 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

John Fetterman

@JohnFetterman

Hey, Governor Patrick- it’s your counterpart in Pennsylvania.

I’d like to collect your handsome reward for reporting voter fraud.

I got a dude in Forty Fort, PA who tried to have his dead mom vote for Trump.

I’d like mine in Sheetz gift cards pls.

ps. The Cowboys blow.

Saw his interview, lmao. ('specially the ps ;) )

7 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

If I was doing a massive election fraud I would definitely use a van with Biden/Harris on the side, and would carry out the fraud at the back of the van, next to the polling station, in broad daylight, and let passers by see exactly what I was up to.

“In my...err...polling station... err... uniform” 😀😀😀

All roads lead to Gorgie
39 minutes ago, Cade said:

Republican Governor of Georgia orders a complete manual re-count of all 5million+ votes cast in Georgia.

The deadline for certification is 9 days away.

I hope the voting papers have been securely stored. I wouldn't trust Trump's team for a minute.

11 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

Saw Trump at a ceremony today, Pence put his hand on his breast in the civilian salute, Trump the warrior President gave his now old military salute, you got to give him credit, he is very militaristic having been denied because of severely critical bone spurs to be able to serve.

Exactly Bob, if it were not for those pesky bone spurs, Donald John Trump would have had the most spectacular military career in US history, he'd make Audie Murphy look like a coward, in fact the NVA would have been so scared of 'The Don' that they'd have handed over Ho Chi Minh to the Americans without a fight and laid down their arms for fear that 'The Donald' was coming for them.

Damn those bone spurs.

1 hour ago, Cade said:

Republican Governor of Georgia orders a complete manual re-count of all 5million+ votes cast in Georgia.

The deadline for certification is 9 days away.

It's part of their state law that a recount has to take place if there's less that 0.5% between the parties. So nothing to do with the Governor being a Republican. He's also been been getting slandered by Trump, because....well, just because he lost really.

SectionDJambo
35 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Exactly Bob, if it were not for those pesky bone spurs, Donald John Trump would have had the most spectacular military career in US history, he'd make Audie Murphy look like a coward, in fact the NVA would have been so scared of 'The Don' that they'd have handed over Ho Chi Minh to the Americans without a fight and laid down their arms for fear that 'The Donald' was coming for them.

Damn those bone spurs.

Well, old Nigel Farage thinks he's the bravest man he's ever met.

Everything Nigel says is true, isn't it?

Pro-Trump actor Voight says election fight 'greatest since Civil War'

US actor Jon Voight has posted a video saying the fight against a Joe Biden victory is the "greatest since the Civil War, the battle of righteousness versus Satan. Yes, Satan".

The 81-year-old Midnight Cowboy actor is a vehement supporter of President Donald Trump and the father of special envoy of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees, Angelina Jolie, who is not.

In a staged event speaking to camera, Mr Voight talks of the "lie that Biden has been chosen", backing the president's claims of widespread election fraud, which have so far not been substantiated by any evidence.

He rails against "evil, corrupt" leftists who "want to tear down this nation". He appeared at Mr Trump's inauguration concert and this year's Republican National Convention and has made a number of pro-Trump videos.

Ms Jolie does not appear to have commented on this episode. But she has been a staunch advocate of gender equality and of tackling violence against women. In a Time piece last month she spoke of the lapsed Violence Against Women Act, saying: "Only Joe Biden has committed to the authorisation of VAWA in his first 100 days in office."

Edited by redjambo

Daft laddie question but I take it a recount is simply the count rather than repeating the entire verification process associated with every (legal 😋 ) vote cast

1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

Well, old Nigel Farage thinks he's the bravest man he's ever met.

Everything Nigel says is true, isn't it?

If Trump is the bravest man Farage has ever met, then he can't get out much these days.

49 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Daft laddie question but I take it a recount is simply the count rather than repeating the entire verification process associated with every (legal 😋 ) vote cast

Georgia are doing a certification, audit and recount all in one.

That's why I reckon they're up against it to get that done in 9 days.

44 minutes ago, Cade said:

Georgia are doing a certification, audit and recount all in one.

That's why I reckon they're up against it to get that done in 9 days.

According to latest news, should be all done and verified before the deadline. 

1 hour ago, weehammy said:

Voight is the very embodiment of swivel-eyed loon

Voight in real life is a bigger a$$hole than his character in Ray Donovan.... and that's saying something.

Delaware, Wyoming, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota and Vermont all certify their final results.

:jjyay:

Trump's hoping that the College Electors decide on a whim to ignore the results of the public vote and to simply declare him King for life.

Edited by Cade

Concerns have been raised about Trump sacking the secretary of defence with just 10 weeks to go before he is out. And replacing him with what is being termed a 'yes man'.

What's the logic? Could he perhaps have intentions of kicking off a shit storm with Iran is one question being raised. Anything is possible with this total wacko.

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

Concerns have been raised about Trump sacking the secretary of defence with just 10 weeks to go before he is out. And replacing him with what is being termed a 'yes man'.

What's the logic? Could he perhaps have intentions of kicking off a shit storm with Iran is one question being raised. Anything is possible with this total wacko.

Since firing/accepting the resignation of the secretary of defence, he's been appointing known racists and islamophobes in key positions in the Pentagon.

He's got 77 days to start a war.

43 minutes ago, Barack said:

Biden now past the 0.5% recount threshold, in PA. About 0.74% now. And the 0.1% in Arizona. 

Sad.

Wow, these figures confirm the sheer scale of the Dem's brazen operation to steal the election.

For the good of democracy I hope there are groups of patriots on stand by, ready to step in and stop this fraud by any means necessary.

image.thumb.png.a208039039275c510752f1db480e8777.png

Biden smashes through 77 million (all illegal and bad of course) votes, scamming another 186,877 since yesterday. Looks like the California vote, (bad guys, so bad .... everyone knows it) is taking an age to count postal votes and is, of course, the largest electorate to count in any case. Meanwhile Trump accumulated another valid, true and patriotic American 141,572 votes. If only he could stop the Democrats continually stuffing the ballot boxes with more dead folks votes and just let the beautiful perfect votes through Trump at his rate would win the popular vote in another 545 days.

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Trump has the best lawyer's arguing this case, right now.

This legal eagle, is a fine example of a professional at work:

Screenshot_20201112-101338_Twitter.jpg

Heard another one, where Trump's lawyers submitted an affidavit alleging voter fraud.

Only thing was it was an affidavit from someone who had been told a story by someone else and wasn't a first hand witness statement, meaning it was hearsay, Trump's lawyers tried to claim it wasn't but the court were having none of it and told Trump's lawyers so.

Only a matter of time before a judge tells them to get out of their court room and stop wasting the courts time.

4 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

3 hours ago, Cade said:

Since firing/accepting the resignation of the secretary of defence, he's been appointing known racists and islamophobes in key positions in the Pentagon.

He's got 77 days to start a war.

Seemingly the genuine concern is that these are the kind of moves that prelude a coup.

The only people that can command the US Army is the President and the Secretary of Defence.

I honesty would not put that past Trump at all.  Remember when he sent in the National Guard.

I don't think that it's to do with them being racists or Islamophobic, I think it's just they are loyal to Trump.  The racist part is just a bonus for him.

It's a coup.

This shit hasn't even started yet.   Once you have stirred up a hornets nest, you can't just ask them to go back in quietly.

"Evidence" from the Michigan court cases - "a big man followed me", "the PA was too loud", "people were staring at me", "a lot of the military votes were Dems, which stood out to me"

:rofl: :rofl:

Malinga the Swinga
7 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

"Evidence" from the Michigan court cases - "a big man followed me", "the PA was too loud", "people were staring at me", "a lot of the military votes were Dems, which stood out to me"

I don't think you should be laughing at 'Mean Stares'. They're the worst kind of stares, and could easily mean thousands of ballots are fraudulent. If you put that together with a large man and a noisy PA, well it's a certainty cheating taking place.

No need for court case, the bestest president ever has won. 

4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I don't think you should be laughing at 'Mean Stares'. They're the worst kind of stares, and could easily mean thousands of ballots are fraudulent. If you put that together with a large man and a noisy PA, well it's a certainty cheating taking place.

No need for court case, the bestest president ever has won. 

Hold on a wee minute
"a noisy PA"
Are they saying that votes in Michigan were affected by a noisy Pennsylvania????

😂

37 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

As always with the Trump side, the thing they complain about is a projection of something they're guilty of.

Exhibit A M'lud.

lurk_114275.gif

Edited by fancy a brew

3 hours ago, Barack said:

Trump has the best lawyer's arguing this case, right now.

This legal eagle, is a fine example of a professional at work:

Screenshot_20201112-101338_Twitter.jpg

:vrwow:

That “I'm asking you as a member of the bar of this court” is judge-speak for “If you don't give me a straight answer I'm holding you in contempt for wasting this court's time and will be waiting for a motion for sanctions from your opposing counsel for wasting their time and money”.

:lol: Honestly brutal stuff.

6 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

Another one...

It's The Emperor's New Clothes.  It really is.

It's ****ing scary.

America is ****ed.  It won't recover from this.  Every election will now be the same. 

Politics in the US is already pretty much who has the most money to spend on advertising to the sheep.  Look at Bloomberg.  Anyone will cash can run.  A country based and run on greed.

19 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

Another one...

So there are approx 570 postal votes where the voter has not hand written their address on the covering envelope which contains the ballot?
It appears that a hand written address may not even be a legal requirement?
All these 570 postal votes COULD be Trump voters?

Anyone else here the bottom of a barrel getting scraped?

54 minutes ago, RobboM said:

So there are approx 570 postal votes where the voter has not hand written their address on the covering envelope which contains the ballot?

Of course it is, and why?  Because they have nothing, no evidence whatsoever of widespread voter fraud.

20 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Of course it is, and why?  Because they have nothing, no evidence whatsoever of widespread voter fraud.

We do however, have evidence of widespread election interference. Surprisingly enough, that all points towards the Trump campaign. Complaining about issues with the democratic process is complete projection.

Trump was reputed when in business to introduce spurious legal challenges involving deals.  As in this case many if not most were adjudged not valid. . This meant no winner no loser except as has also been alleged in the past the lawyers representing Trump where it was suggested they were not paid. He has run the Presidency and the current loss the way he ran his real estate business and his TV show. Lawyers and You're Fired. So sad that even now his close enablers are trying to subvert the wishes of the people. the question I hear a lot on news broadcasts is why are so many afraid of him. Does he have dirt on them, is he owe them money that they hope to get back by supporting him, are they just dishonest people who admire, foolishly, his apparent success by duplicity, lies and total lack of decency, throughout history millions have been sacrificed due to fear of a despot. In my own time, Hitler, Stalin,Mao, Jomo Kenyatta, and others smaller, an old Scots saying seemed to be theres none dafter than people. My effort at quoting to suit my purpose.

2 hours ago, RobboM said:

I wonder if anyone has the balls to say to Trump

'You do know daddy, that any fraudulent activity is as likely, if not the vast majority, to come from the gun totting, BRA, Evangelistic nut jobs that would be perpetrating fraud in our favour.....'

Was there not some melt saying “at least Trump isn't so bad because he didn't push foreign wars as much as other presidents?” who then ignored all the evidence presented that military activity had increased under Trump, because it was not being sufficiently covered by his favourite corporate news networks?

Well, here's some more evidence to ignore.

• · If completed, the sale will be the first American transfer of lethal unmanned aerial systems (UAS) to any Arab ally, and the UAE would become the first Arab country to get the Lockheed Martin fifth-generation stealth jet, the most advanced fighter aircraft on the market. 
  • · The sale includes up to 18 MQ-9 Reapers and related equipment for $2.97 billion, and up to 50 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter jets and accompanying equipment for an estimated $10.4 billion.

Literally unprecedented by any American president in history. But aye, so glad he's “not as bad”, whatever the **** that means.

26 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Just when we thought Phoodle Out was the cringiest possible aeroplane stunt . . .

Actually. "Phoodle Out" as a banner flying over Washington would be a ****ing hoot 😂

3 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Actually. "Phoodle Out" as a banner flying over Washington would be a ****ing hoot 😂

:lol: Yeah, that I think we could all get behind!!

Latest Cohen predictions - Huffpost report -

President Donald Trump simply doesn’t have the “inner strength” to accept his loss and attend the inauguration of President-elect Joe Biden, according to his former fixer and personal attorney Michael Cohen.

In an interview with Ari Melber on MSNBC, Cohen discussed potential scenarios for the coming months, as his former boss continues to adamantly deny the results of the presidential election, refuses to concede and baselessly attacks the legitimacy of the voting processes that led to his loss.

Cohen said people needn’t be too concerned, because his former boss “talks a lot of nonsense.”

“It’s all a lie, 99.9% of everything that comes out of his mouth is a lie. He’s not going to stay in the White House past Jan. 20. They will remove him. He knows that,” Cohen said.

He again predicted that Trump might not return to the White House after he visits his Florida Mar-A-Lago resort for his Christmas break, and will stay there beyond Biden’s inauguration at noon on Jan. 20.

“I suspect he doesn’t even come back to Washington,” Cohen said. “I don’t believe he’s going to go to the inauguration because he himself fundamentally cannot sit in a chair knowing that the cameras are on him and that the world is looking at him as a loser. He cannot do that.”

“He does not have enough inner strength in him to be gracious,” he added.

Cohen also speculated on how Trump’s post-presidency life might look, and guessed that he may start his own media company, which he will use to attack Biden.

“He’s going to say for the next 30 years that they stole the election from me. ‘I’m the rightful president.’ He’s going to keep his MAGA army active and engaged and constantly blow this dog whistle and be a menace.”

Cohen was asked about Trump’s new leadership political action committee, “Save America,” formed in the wake of major news outlets calling Biden as the winner of the election. The Trump campaign has been asking supporters for donations to fight the results of the election, but The New York Times reported that the fine print reveals that 60% of that fundraising is now being directed to the new PAC, which will help him to fund his post-presidency activities.

“The reason he’s doing it is because he has no income,” Cohen said. “And you would see that if he would turn over his tax returns.”

“He doesn’t have ‘The Apprentice’ making $65 million a year,” he continued. “Most of his assets are underperforming. ... the few that he has doesn’t cover the big cost. So he’s going to use this like the Trump Foundation, as a slush fund.”

The foundation Cohen referred to was set up ostensibly for charitable purposes by Trump in 1988, but various law enforcement investigations found it shrouded in ethical and legal violations. Probes by New York officials led to the foundation being shut down last year and Trump paying more than $2 million in court-ordered damages to eight different charities for illegally misusing its funds for political purposes:

Cohen pleaded guilty in 2018 to criminal charges that included lying to Congress and violating campaign finance law when he engineered hush money payments during the 2016 presidential campaign to silence two women who alleged extramarital affairs with Trump, Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal. He cooperated with investigators and implicated the president in those crimes.

He is serving the remainder of a three-year prison sentence in home confinement due to concerns about the ease with which COVID-19 can spread among an inmate population.

Trumps antics amount to an attempted coup. His speech the day after the election was a clear suggestion to the crazies that they should take to the streets and create mayhem. Luckily, so far, it hasn't panned out that way.

Everyone should be relieved that this freak has been removed because given another 4 years he would have set about completely dismantling American democracy.

But we're not out of the woods yet. He still has 10 weeks to scorch the earth behind him and given the erratic unpredictable nature of his pathology anything is possible.

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

Trumps antics amount to an attempted coup. His speech the day after the election was a clear suggestion to the crazies that they should take to the streets and create mayhem. Luckily, so far, it hasn't panned out that way.

Everyone should be relieved that this freak has been removed because given another 4 years he would have set about completely dismantling American democracy.

But we're not out of the woods yet. He still has 10 weeks to scorch the earth behind him and given the erratic unpredictable nature of his pathology anything is possible.

I agree with your comment about an attempted coup.  He will almost certainly fail with his court challenges and other attempts to get the election results negated.  Only his cult members believe the nonsense he has been spouting for the past week.

However, why was il Duce in such a rush to appoint cult members to key positions in the Pentagon?  Can he genuinely be considering using the military to help him stay in power if the legal options fail?

Trump is sick in the head, as has become abundantly clear to every reasonable observer, so he's capable of trying anything, and I hope that the Americans are ready. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)