Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Do you think this guy genuinely believes in God/what he is saying, or is he just blatantly trying to rinse hundreds of absolute morons for a few bucks? Please excuse the possible naivety of my post!

Watch this and make your mind up...

2 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

Came across this preacher recently, he's apparently amassed a fortune of 300 million dollars and preaches 'prosperity Christianity'.

Things have obviously moved on a bit from Jesus overturning the merchant's tables.

It's not really a mystery that America is in such a bad way when people are willing to put their faith in charlatans like this.

He wasn't laughing at the media or Biden, as he probably had a running total on his phone telling him how much he'd fleeced the gullible fools in the audience for that night, that's what he was laughing at.

:munny:

1 hour ago, Stokesy said:

Flat earthers will be a small part of it. A very high proportion of them are Creationist, man made climate change deniers.

Without doubt there will be a multitude of different crackpots from various different groups, who have attached themselves to Team Trump.

50 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

That's the punchline to a gag I set up about 5 days ago and no one went for :( 

That's to all our shame tbh

I had said this before in an admittedly sarcastic response to AlfaJambo BUT if you are a genuine fundamental Christian why would you not look at the past year and think God has made a judgement on Trump.
God sent fires to ravage states and turn the sky into a red Hell.
God has visited a pestilence across USA to strike down millions of Americans in a judgement on Trump, who otherwise was on track for re-election.
God delivered millions more votes for the Democratic candidate.
The day after Biden is declared President elect, Biden goes to church, Trump plays golf.
One day later God delivers a potential vaccine saviour to the pestilence he unleashed on Trump.
Why the **** would fundamentalist Christians look at that and still say the fat lying orange ****er is our guy?

2 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Here's one story I'm giving time to; mainly because I heard it from someone who recently left a job at Pfizer and still has many contacts there in quite senior positions. 

Pfizer potentially could have made Sunday/yesterday's announcement about the vaccine a couple of weeks ago. 

Trump, however (and probably rightly), has set his guns on big pharma to get them to lower prices in the States obviously threatening to hurt the profits and dividends of companies like Pfizer. Of course, even if it's the right thing to do, he's gone about it in a typical shouty, bullying, undiplomatic way; one guaranteed to piss off the pharma corps. 

The brass at Pfizer, with a duty of care to their shareholders, have very possibly held off their vaccine announcement for fear of giving the Trump vote a bit of impetus. 

So, we've got a very promising vaccine and a change of leadership in the US. One stone; two birds. 

Dump has suggested himself that Pfizer held off their announcement for the very reason you insinuate. Would be funny if true. I'm not expecting Biden to be perfect but the sooner the overpriveleged illiterate Neanderthal Dump is removed, the better. He has 10 weeks left to wreak havoc with his Presidential powers and I expect zero co operation with his successor. I fully expect him not to be present at Biden's inauguration nor will he take part in the traditional photo shoot with all living past Presidents.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
16 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Dump has suggested himself that Pfizer held off their announcement for the very reason you insinuate. Would be funny if true. I'm not expecting Biden to be perfect but the sooner the overpriveleged illiterate Neanderthal Dump is removed, the better. He has 10 weeks left to wreak havoc with his Presidential powers and I expect zero co operation with his successor. I fully expect him not to be present at Biden's inauguration nor will he take part in the traditional photo shoot with all living past Presidents.

There's plenty of time for him to get driven through Dealey Plaza.

28 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

They should tell him he's getting awarded his Nobel Prize at the same event, he'll turn up 🙂

57 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Without doubt there will be a multitude of different crackpots from various different groups, who have attached themselves to Team Trump.

It's not just the Trump administration. Climate denialism has been a cornerstone of Republican policy for decades. Same with most other right-wing political parties.

2 minutes ago, RobboM said:

They should tell him he's getting awarded his Nobel Prize at the same event, he'll turn up 🙂

There would certainly have to be something in it for him. It's blindingly obvious he cares far more for himself than he ever did for his country (or indeed anyone or anything else) yet his adoring masses are too blind/daft to see it.

35 minutes ago, RobboM said:

I had said this before in an admittedly sarcastic response to AlfaJambo BUT if you are a genuine fundamental Christian why would you not look at the past year and think God has made a judgement on Trump.
God sent fires to ravage states and turn the sky into a red Hell.
God has visited a pestilence across USA to strike down millions of Americans in a judgement on Trump, who otherwise was on track for re-election.
God delivered millions more votes for the Democratic candidate.
The day after Biden is declared President elect, Biden goes to church, Trump plays golf.
One day later God delivers a potential vaccine saviour to the pestilence he unleashed on Trump.
Why the **** would fundamentalist Christians look at that and still say the fat lying orange ****er is our guy?

As I have mentioned before, Biden is an Irish Catholic Republican sympathiser, your typical Tim.  Trump is a Presbyterian from Skye, a Hun if ever there was one.

20 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

As I have mentioned before, Biden is an Irish Catholic Republican sympathiser, your typical Tim.  Trump is a Presbyterian from Skye, a Hun if ever there was one.

That's a really helpful insight. Thanks! No wonder Justin Z was struggling to vote for either 🙂

18 hours ago, alfajambo said:

Biden is not President Elect.

The fake news industrial complex calls zero.

Let the legal process run its course.

Legitimate votes only please.

Just out of interest ...... what constitutes a legitimate vote, in your opinion ?

3 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

Came across this preacher recently, he's apparently amassed a fortune of 300 million dollars and preaches 'prosperity Christianity'.

Things have obviously moved on a bit from Jesus overturning the merchant's tables.

It's not really a mystery that America is in such a bad way when people are willing to put their faith in charlatans like this.

This chap Kenneth Copeland whom you highlight is absolutely satanic.

Guys like him and there are many are complete charlatans.

9 minutes ago, alfajambo said:

This chap Kenneth Copeland whom you highlight is absolutely satanic.

Guys like him and there are many are complete charlatans.

Why do guys like him? 😋

45 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

:notsure:

23 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Just out of interest ...... what constitutes a legitimate vote, in your opinion ?

One would have to have an IQ only slightly above the freezing point of water not to be concerned wrt the many claims that voter fraud has been rampant in the past election.

All legal legitimate votes should be counted.

If Biden wins in a fair count, then end of story.

3 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

There really isn't. I live in a strongly Tory area though most certainly am not one myself. Most of them hate him and will be glad to see him gone. A recent poll in the UK re the US Presidential election was 78-22 in favour of Biden, which must have included a huge chunk of the Tory vote 

I've never seen such unity on a political matter in this country. 

Trump supporters seem to be few and far between. 

4 minutes ago, alfajambo said:

One would have to have an IQ only slightly above the freezing point of water not to be concerned wrt the many claims that voter fraud has been rampant in the past election.

3 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

There really isn't. I live in a strongly Tory area though most certainly am not one myself. Most of them hate him and will be glad to see him gone. A recent poll in the UK re the US Presidential election was 78-22 in favour of Biden, which must have included a huge chunk of the Tory vote 

Well they seem to like a bit of Cummings. I would say the 78% were mostly....non-lizards!

Who knows!

Just now, Pans Jambo said:

Well they seem to like a bit of Cummings and hes cut from the same cloth. I would say the 78% were mostly....non-lizards!

Who knows!

10 minutes ago, escobri said:

Trump still tweeting he will win. 

Aye, and one day I will finally bed that minx Monica Bellucci...

13 minutes ago, escobri said:

Trump still tweeting he will win. 

And Trump's still a delusional orange buffoon, so no change there either.

In a world of conspiracy theories it seems like cock up almost always provides the truer answer. After Four Seasons (landscaping) cock up our own halfwit Boris Johnson's tweet of congratulations to  Biden contains an earlier draft

😂

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/nov/10/johnsons-biden-win-tweet-contains-hidden-trump-congratulations?fbclid=IwAR3U_MpX2TaYSVrUbjR_kQVklqCbsDan0GlDYPFJBnRWl5fbaPbVuLA7r_w

25 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Well they seem to like a bit of Cummings. I would say the 78% were mostly....non-lizards!

Who knows!

You can't generalise and tar them all with the same brush. Like any other group of people, they're a spectrum with some quite moderate. Loads of Tories don't like Cummings (or Boris) either but still voted for them because they disliked the other options even more. There is a core who do like their current shower though. The old guard of Major & Heseltine have made it clear they have no time for the current leadership.

Edited by SwindonJambo

13 minutes ago, RobboM said:

In a world of conspiracy theories it seems like cock up almost always provides the truer answer. After Four Seasons (landscaping) cock up our own halfwit Boris Johnson's tweet of congratulations to  Biden contains an earlier draft

😂

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/nov/10/johnsons-biden-win-tweet-contains-hidden-trump-congratulations?fbclid=IwAR3U_MpX2TaYSVrUbjR_kQVklqCbsDan0GlDYPFJBnRWl5fbaPbVuLA7r_w

Probably changed it after Joe confirmed receipt of the 70,000 bogus mail votes Boris had sent in.  :whistling:

2 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

Yes. His former lawyer Cohen says that he expects Trump to hang around until after the Electoral College vote on December 14, but will then leave DC permanently and move to Mar-a-Lago.

52 minutes ago, alfajambo said:

The only  IQ involved in the allegation of voter fraud is the one of the said Donald Trump. Any reasonable person if following this man could see that for  extended time he has been alleging mail in votes as potential for voter fraud, he actually has made the same assertion about the 2016 election.  He or someone has for that same time been warning him that when the election was due there was a potential he could lose because of his lies, his policies, his racism, and veiled support of violent actions. When this became fact and the mail in votes were counted after the polling station votes had been counted there was a dramatic change in numbers in favor of the Democrats. Not because of fraud but because the Democrats had advocated regularly for votes to be cast by mail, whereas Trump wanted personal votes at booths. Any right minded person seeing lines miles long for early votes to be made at booths had to know that on election day this was a possibility again and could potentially deny a voter the right because of  closing time of stations.   

I have followed the news reports fairly closely, no one has suggested that incidents with evidence of fraud should not be thoroughly investigated, but so far none such evidence has been produced.  To me it would be like if an individual called the police and said his home had been broken into. There was no sign of forced entry, no sign of loss of property, the attending officer could write a report and say no action as there is no evidence to substantiate a crime, the complainant was mistaken with good intent in reporting his suspicion, and is satisfied with the outcome.  Trump could do something similar and come out looking somewhat reasonable, but his IQ and ego would not allow it, he would rather as he does perpetrate the lie, and gladly feel he has  succeeded instead of  doing like his father should have done withdrawn gracefully before the act was concluded with unfortunate result.

7 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

The only  IQ involved in the allegation of voter fraud is the one of the said Donald Trump. Any reasonable person if following this man could see that for  extended time he has been alleging mail in votes as potential for voter fraud, he actually has made the same assertion about the 2016 election.  He or someone has for that same time been warning him that when the election was due there was a potential he could lose because of his lies, his policies, his racism, and veiled support of violent actions. When this became fact and the mail in votes were counted after the polling station votes had been counted there was a dramatic change in numbers in favor of the Democrats. Not because of fraud but because the Democrats had advocated regularly for votes to be cast by mail, whereas Trump wanted personal votes at booths. Any right minded person seeing lines miles long for early votes to be made at booths had to know that on election day this was a possibility again and could potentially deny a voter the right because of  closing time of stations.   

I have followed the news reports fairly closely, no one has suggested that incidents with evidence of fraud should not be thoroughly investigated, but so far none such evidence has been produced.  To me it would be like if an individual called the police and said his home had been broken into. There was no sign of forced entry, no sign of loss of property, the attending officer could write a report and say no action as there is no evidence to substantiate a crime, the complainant was mistaken with good intent in reporting his suspicion, and is satisfied with the outcome.  Trump could do something similar and come out looking somewhat reasonable, but his IQ and ego would not allow it, he would rather as he does perpetrate the lie, and gladly feel he has  succeeded instead of  doing like his father should have done withdrawn gracefully before the act was concluded with unfortunate result.

11 minutes ago, alfajambo said:

Seems like Carlson is aware of a lot of evidence. I can't wait to see it be presented in court!!!

I love how he talks about Trump being ahead and then being pulled back then moves on without explaining why this happened. Trump encouraged his base to vote in person. Conversely, Biden asked people to vote by mail as this is the responsible thing to do during a pandemic. Carlson knows this but, declines to mention is as it doesn't match the bullshit narrative he is trying to spread. He is calling for people to remain calm whilst simultaneously riling up armed lunatics.

alfa, you are aware that Fox lawyers have stood in court and claimed that no reasonable person would take Carlson's 'opinion' seriously?

I know the popular vote isn't the deciding element in selecting the US President BUT Biden currently leads by just shy of 5m votes.

That is far more votes than Trump accumulated in total across
Utah
Idaho
Montana
Wyoming
North Dakota
South Dakota
Nebraska
Kansas
Oklahoma

26 minutes ago, Stokesy said:

Seems like Carlson is aware of a lot of evidence. I can't wait to see it be presented in court!!!

I love how he talks about Trump being ahead and then being pulled back then moves on without explaining why this happened. Trump encouraged his base to vote in person. Conversely, Biden asked people to vote by mail as this is the responsible thing to do during a pandemic. Carlson knows this but, declines to mention is as it doesn't match the bullshit narrative he is trying to spread. He is calling for people to remain calm whilst simultaneously riling up armed lunatics.

alfa, you are aware that Fox lawyers have stood in court and claimed that no reasonable person would take Carlson's 'opinion' seriously?

Exactly, it's easy for anybody to say on camera that you have/are aware of this that and the next thing, well present it to a court then and let them decide if it's credible or not.

But this has been the MO from this lot since day one, full of bluster and wild accusations and it's always we'll present the evidence later or next week, next week comes and guess what, no evidence and they have normally come out with some other bull-shit to deflect from the BS the week before.

Trump's tax returns are a perfect example, as was Obama's birth certificate, there's a paper trail we were told, yeh of course there is a paper trail and it goes right back to the Hawaiian registers office where his birth was registered.

To the likes of Carlson, Hannity & the whole of Team Trump, if you have evidence put it in front of a judge or STFU.

24 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Alfa, do you realise just how far through the ****ing looking glass you are?
Fox News, I mean Fox ****ing News ffs is calling bullshit on this

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/11/09/fox-news-pulls-plug-on-wh-spokeswomans-claims-of-fraud/24683584/

You know the wind has changed when even the (now ex) Trump propaganda channel are cutting off the BS from Team Trump.

15 minutes ago, Barack said:

Spamming again, alfa?

I really thought after our last chat, you'd moved on from all of that.

Dissapointing.

I think that @alfajambo actually believes what he/she posts, Barack, and that concerns me far more than if he/she were just a spammer.

I sincerely hope that my family and loved ones will take me to one side and have a quiet word with me if I ever get *anywhere* near that level of delusion and state of being removed from reality.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I think that @alfajambo actually believes what he/she posts, Barack, and that concerns me far more than if he/she were just a spammer.

I sincerely hope that my family and loved ones will take me to one side and have a quiet word with me if I ever get *anywhere* near that level of delusion and state of being removed from reality.

👍

I P Knightley
10 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Exactly, it's easy for anybody to say on camera that you have/are aware of this that and the next thing, well present it to a court then and let them decide if it's credible or not.

But this has been the MO from this lot since day one, full of bluster and wild accusations and it's always we'll present the evidence later or next week, next week comes and guess what, no evidence and they have normally come out with some other bull-shit to deflect from the BS the week before.

Trump's tax returns are a perfect example, as was Obama's birth certificate, there's a paper trail we were told, yeh of course there is a paper trail and it goes right back to the Hawaiian registers office where his birth was registered.

To the likes of Carlson, Hannity & the whole of Team Trump, if you have evidence put it in front of a judge or STFU.

I've worked with Americans and would say that the ones I've come across have the same broad profile as if I'd been working with a similar UK organisation. Plenty of good guys; quite a lot of wanks. 

So it still baffles me that the BS perpetuated by Trump, Conway, McConnell, Carlson and so on is lapped up by quite so many Americans. 

One of them (often Trump) starts with "people have told me..." with no evidence. Then the next comes along, "I've heard that there's evidence..." and another, and another without any one of them ever saying something like, "if rumours are true..." or doing anything to suggest that it's just a suspicion or (as is more likely) it's just a complete fiction dreamt up by a big feckin' baby who wears nappies under those big trousers. 

Absolutely no power to question the source or detail of the statement but just jump blindly on the bandwagon. Perhaps it's linked to the bullcrap way that they follow their religions.

Still, in other news, good to see that alfajambo confirmed my suspicions that he named himself after the car and not the hocus Alpha course. 

Just now, I P Knightley said:

I've worked with Americans and would say that the ones I've come across have the same broad profile as if I'd been working with a similar UK organisation. Plenty of good guys; quite a lot of wanks. 

So it still baffles me that the BS perpetuated by Trump, Conway, McConnell, Carlson and so on is lapped up by quite so many Americans. 

One of them (often Trump) starts with "people have told me..." with no evidence. Then the next comes along, "I've heard that there's evidence..." and another, and another without any one of them ever saying something like, "if rumours are true..." or doing anything to suggest that it's just a suspicion or (as is more likely) it's just a complete fiction dreamt up by a big feckin' baby who wears nappies under those big trousers. 

Absolutely no power to question the source or detail of the statement but just jump blindly on the bandwagon. Perhaps it's linked to the bullcrap way that they follow their religions.

Still, in other news, good to see that alfajambo confirmed my suspicions that he named himself after the car and not the hocus Alpha course. 

That happens here. Look at brexit and no voters, all as thick as shit. 

1 minute ago, I P Knightley said:

A lot of it could be down to the bias of their media news channels. I was surprised to see how partisan their news programmes were during the election, and that goes both ways politically. Perhaps many of them are used to being fed echo-chamber views without questioning them - they can live in a world surrounded by their own views with only limited exposure to alternative ones.

14 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Why the American media never kept pushing back and asking who the source was, who told you this etc etc, at the hundreds/thousands of incidences of the above BS which came & still continues to come from the WH is beyond me.

Edit: Just seen Red's post.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

8 minutes ago, redjambo said:

A lot of it could be down to the bias of their media news channels. I was surprised to see how partisan their news programmes were during the election, and that goes both ways politically. Perhaps many of them are used to being fed echo-chamber views without questioning them - they can live in a world surrounded by their own views with only limited exposure to alternative ones.

The irony being that the only thing they are all consistently biased towards is a corporatist view of the world. Their bias is for particular “sides” between two parties that have far more in common than they differ.

1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Why the American media never kept pushing back and asking who the source was, who told you this etc etc, at the hundreds/thousands of incidences of the above BS which came & still continues to come from the WH is beyond me.

Journalistic integrity at an institutional level means little when the goal is manufacturing consent.

6 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Edit: Just seen Red's post.

I think too that Trump simply never allowed such scrutiny. White House Press Briefings stopped and were replaced by Trump monolgues with the sound of Marine One helicopter in the background. Trump could ignore any questions he didn't want to hear. Also using Twitter meant his message would always be presented as fact and there was no mechanism to ever question tweets directly.

11 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Their news channels aren't really news channels though. 

It's general reporting and guest opinion.

Left wing channels are bearable but it's just a glorified talk show.

You go across to Fox and it's more lectures on how to think - if a news program has an opening monologue then it's not offering news, it's offering a mindset on how to think. 

We can see the influence of it in the UK when we have TalkRadio now building up and trying to create controversy. You have The Sun's celebrity editor hosting a program on TalkRadio discussing public health. He has little journalist ability or knowledge of the subject but he's there presenting an opinion to the generally low IQ listeners it's aiming for and spreading a dangerously stupid mindset regarding Covid and how to protect people.

We need to be careful in the UK not to see this increase.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)