What is wrong with us?

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

We've got the quality right through the team, but there's no urgency, little movement off the ball, no fight. That's the last few games now, we're like new drivers scared of getting out of third gear.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• H2

• Taffin

• tartofmidlothian

• Jambo diehard

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We don't have quality right through the team.

We have a couple of good players, a load of extremely average ones, a shit manager and an owner more interested in family fun days.

It's really no surprise we aren't very good.

siegementality

We are not very good. Our manager thinks it’s ok to manage/coach two days a week, his team selections are farcical and his tactics are from the 1990’s. The steak pies won a silver award though.

Edited by siegementality

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

We have a couple of good players, a load of extremely average ones, a shit manager and an owner more interested in family fun days.

It's really no surprise we aren't very good.

Fair enough apart from the owner nonsense.

Dreadful tactics.  Playing 3 centre backs at home in a fixture like that is unacceptable.  Players look lost most of the time.  Levein seems to have learned nothing.

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

an owner more interested in family fun days.

Out of order comment, hopefully, based on frustration to be withdrawn when you calm down. 

Manager is finished. Caput. Over and done with. That squad is capable of better but are rudderless with that lot at the helm. Absolutely garbage management. Useless. Please just go with some dignity

Need new voices and direction on the training field. 

I don’t think we are laden with quality throughout. It’s more a mix. 

Too many inadequate, nice, players with no natural drive or dig.

Not enough guile when we need to question the opposition more strenuously or work out a way to break teams down. 

I actully think the players struggle to play in front of thr expectant tynecastle crowd.  If we dont start well the pressure then stops them playing.

Also we have no pace out wide, we are crying out for a winger

Tactics are shite

What do they do in training all week? They look lost amongst themselves a lot of the time... waiting on someone doing something that never happens

Chopping and changing formation and line up too much

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

Need new voices and direction on the training field. 

I don’t think we are laden with quality throughout. It’s more a mix. 

Too many inadequate, nice, players with no natural drive or dig.

Not enough guile when we need to question the opposition more strenuously or work out a way to break teams down. 

Sean Clare is a good example of your comment about no drive or dig. The man is a coward who gets bullied every week. He doesn't even contest 50-50s, never mind win them. Defender's dream. 

Fitzroy Pointon

Levein not that good. 

Too many coaches. 

Too much faith in poor players. 

No urgency. 

Terrible finishing. 

Lack of confidence. 

10 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

Levein.

I don't doubt his intensions but he's clearly just not up to the job. 

This. End of. His love for the club is undoubted and an excellent guy to have re all affairs surrounding academy etc but not fit for purpose in 2019 as a Hearts manager....simple. I'm done with watching us under Levein. 

Thought we had the key early on when Mulraney seemed to be spare most of the time but because we were so slow and he is so pish it just didn't materialise. If the substitutions had been better I think we would have won that, Morrisson was unbelievably bad when he came on. 

Levein has fully retreated into his defensive bunker. Incomprehensible formation. We also seem to have abandoned youth development this season.  Can't even say we were unlucky as we barely created a chance.

I think Levein has had his day tbh. We're failing week after week to take advantage of favourable results. These shouldn't be difficult team talks yet the players just don't look with it. 

I don't want a young coach. Neilson and Cathro were not an enjoyable experience. Come the end of the season, I'd ask have a long think about what we want. From watching the Mark Warburton interview with Si Ferry, the DOF and manager need to get on to be effective so whoever we bring in needs to be able to work with Levein. 

I've always had the feeling of Levein that he's too preoccupied with the opposition, his tactics are less about imposing ourselves on the game and more about taking advantage of oppositional weaknesses. Theres a time and place for that but its not against bottom 6 teams at ****ing home. 

13 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

Levein.

I don't doubt his intensions but he's clearly just not up to the job. 

We do have some decent players and you only have to look at Solskjaer at Man U and Clarke at Killie to see the affect that a new manager  , with fresh ideas,  can have on the same squad. Levein worries far too much about the opposition, away games, grass length, systems and formations instead of sticking with the same team and allowing them to go out and play with freedom. 

Playing out from the back is our weakness. That was very evident in the dying minutes today. I’m afraid Utchy needs to up his game as he’s not really offering us much at the moment. 

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

We do have some decent players and you only have to look at Solskjaer at Man U and Clarke at Killie to see the affect that a new manager  , with fresh ideas,  can have on the same squad. Levein worries far too much about the opposition, away games, grass length, systems and formations instead of sticking with the same team and allowing them to go out and play with freedom. 

This is what we need. 

It's just depressing and stale now. 

12 minutes ago, Elshin said:

I actully think the players struggle to play in front of thr expectant tynecastle crowd.  If we dont start well the pressure then stops them playing.

Also we have no pace out wide, we are crying out for a winger

Just starting with a bit of urgency would get the crowd on board.

Unfortunately we are the just ***** about with the ball and hope something will happen experts.

Oh what I would give for a fresh approach with a new manager. Things have went stale for a good few seasons now.

When was the last time we felt genuine excitement about out football team. We’re just treading water, definitely not kicking on like I thought we would.

The Cup is all we have to play for, and I fear for us, with Levein in charge, if we have to go against Celtic or Rangers at Hampden. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

I want CL to succeed but the signs are there he is not up to the job. We are wasting so much money when the right man in the hot seat would surely get more out of what we are spending. 

tartofmidlothian
20 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Naismith, Berra, Souttar, Uche, Haring, Dikamona and Djoum are guys I'd be happy to see in any of our starting line-up as long as we knew they were going to fight for it on the park. Lee and Clare have proven useful in the past and I don't think Mulraney is a wasted shirt, he has something to offer.

It's the collective effort that's sucked these last few weeks.

14 minutes ago, jamboj said:

Sean Clare is a good example of your comment about no drive or dig. The man is a coward who gets bullied every week. He doesn't even contest 50-50s, never mind win them. Defender's dream. 

Yip

A_A wehatethehibs

5th or 6th is confirmed.

The Scottish cup is the last chance for levein. Irrespective of whether he wins it or not, I think it’s time for him to pack in at the end of the season and a total clear out of the entire coaching department must happen. I hope he can win it and go out on a high, of all people he deserves it. But the fact is we’ve had enough  dull statistical percentages based football lacking any style, smiles or swagger with 0 chances created today. Players look bored, fans are bored. 

No decent keepers, Berra who is past it and has been absolutely brutal for weeks, 2 wing backs who are scared to take the ball into space and beat a man, Olly Lee... Well I've had harder diarrhoea, We have a striker who trys so hard to bring the ball down but once he does that he has absolutely no ability to do anything with it and another striker who's that bad he's sight seeing today instead.

Worryingly bad

Jambo diehard

Ffs why we go with one up top against teams like the Saints is abysmal, we should be looking to not only beat teams like them but score a few, get the crowd onside and go for it, if he wants the ball in the box directly fair enough but use overlapping fullbacks, in fact just use proper fullbacks? 

25 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Dreadful tactics.  Playing 3 centre backs at home in a fixture like that is unacceptable.  Players look lost most of the time.  Levein seems to have learned nothing.

Who would you have played at right back today? Just interested to know.

23 minutes ago, H2 said:

Out of order comment, hopefully, based on frustration to be withdrawn when you calm down. 

You don't agree. That's okay. I fail to see how it is out of order though. Ann has been amazing for us but we'll never win anything on the pitch under her.

35 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

We've got the quality right through the team, but there's no urgency, little movement off the ball, no fight. That's the last few games now, we're like new drivers scared of getting out of third gear.

The manager and coaches.

6 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Naismith, Berra, Souttar, Uche, Haring, Dikamona and Djoum are guys I'd be happy to see in any of our starting line-up as long as we knew they were going to fight for it on the park. Lee and Clare have proven useful in the past and I don't think Mulraney is a wasted shirt, he has something to offer.

It's the collective effort that's sucked these last few weeks.

Naismith, Berra, Souttar and Djoum.

The rest have achieved very little. They are decent but not quality players. 

26 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

They look like a team at the end of the season looking forward to a holiday and with nothing to play for.

None of them is interested, lack of urgency sprung to mind with me too, and so many long balls just getting hoofed to the forwards.

You wonder what they do in training each day, I would go as far to say I thought some of them may have fallen out with Levein it looked so bad today again. If I turned up at my work with that attitude my bosses would read me the riot act.

Total lack of motivation between the whole lot of them again today,