Liam McLeod

Shaggy2

23 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Used as a cover for actually being a Rangers man. At least when Arthur Montford said he was a Morton fan it wasn’t a lie. 

Well, Archie was head and shoulders above any of today's lot, one of the good guys in my opinion.

My point is that today's commentators are useless rather than biased. Actually, the Hearts TV guys are much better. Actually identity players and talk about the game we're watching. I've been impressed.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Riccarton3

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• 4marsbars

Absolutely the worst piece of broadcasting ever and both guys should be sacked - the excitement (especially LM )every time Celtic took the lead was embarrassing and the squeals of delight when they attacked was excruciating- almost lost my voice in blasts of sweery words throughout the game

Shocking!

Jean Louis Valois

I'm glad I'm not the only one that detests him, he's so so bad. How the hell he keeps his job is beyond me. The love in for Celtic today was embarrassing, along with his ramblings and incorrect facts! If I could be bothered I'd be writing a strongly worded email to BBC scotland.

Alex MacDonald

Appalling commentary. No research on Hearts run, or the players involved. Lazy and unprofessional, his sole focus was on Celtic, if that’s BBC Scotland’s elite commentary team, they’re in a dire state of affairs. David Begg or Alastair Alexander would’ve been what the BBC is supposed to be, completely impartial.

I'd mentioned his commentary as well during the game. Gushing about celtic winning the quadruple treble and that they were "now on their way" after they scored the first goal. A total Tim love fest. Dodds wasn't much better. 

He's just the latest in a long line of annoying OF sycophant commentators  who cream themselves  every time  the OF score a  goal.   

The most annoying thing these days is the hero-worship of all things Celtic at winning a million trophies in a row.    Not even the slightest suggestion that Scottish football is a sham competition for exactly that reason - whether or not TRIFC win it this year.     

Edited by Lone Striker

SectionDJambo
4 minutes ago, Alex MacDonald said:

Appalling commentary. No research on Hearts run, or the players involved. Lazy and unprofessional, his sole focus was on Celtic, if that’s BBC Scotland’s elite commentary team, they’re in a dire state of affairs. David Begg or Alastair Alexander would’ve been what the BBC is supposed to be, completely impartial.

The bit when they showed old Bonnar working on the radio commentary, and said he would be upset about Hearts equalising, just summed up the whole BBC Sport set up.

Why on earth should a national broadcaster employ people with blatantly biased views on teams. They’re supposed to be there to inform the viewers or listeners with no other agendas. It’s not supposed to be a Celtic love in, or an any other team love in. 
Pat Bonnar is a paid supporter of Celtic. 
Sportscene is riddled with Aberdeen fans.

Chic Young should have taken off the air years ago. 
What an amateurish operation, designed only to seriously cater for 3 or 4 clubs, and Hearts aren’t one of them.

The pre match today was so heavily slanted towards Celtic, it should an embarrassment to them. The snippets about Tiny Changes and Marius Zaliukas were welcome, but the coverage about the Hearts team was minimal.

3 hours ago, Section Q said:

Who is he and what did he say...?

If it’s not on the link I’m not sure. I can’t remember yesterday, never mind 11-02-2019! It’s probably Liam McLeod kissing Celtic arses.

He’s been awful for years. How did he ever get to take over from Oor Paul “suddenly it is a rout” Mitchell?

Edited by Shaggy2

4 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

The obvious thing to say , Colin, is that those so easily could have been winners medals but for luck. Simple acknowledgment of the teams efforts. But naw.

Hence my suggestion!

Sorry haven't read most of the posts here. But going back to the semi final. I left my work as the game was into the second half so had to endure it in the car. The commentary was so bad that when they said it was a penalty I wasn't sure who it was for. This lasted for at least 30 seconds as they were talking about something else. All they kept on saying was that could be a penalty as I screamed to who?They are horrendous at commentary gone are the days where you had a picture of what was happening on the park with their commentary.  Bring back archie macpherson. 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

A man who sounds like he's just came each time Celtic score. A man who is so incredibly biased towards celtic it can only point to a biased production team and directive from above.

An utter cretin. An embarrassment of a man. A disgrace. A weasel. A fool. Lower than a snakes belly.

He is absolutely awful. Tossed Celtic salad from start to finish, a terrible commentator who never shuts up for a second and fills silences with pure tripe. 

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Russ1977 said:

Would have been as well using Celtic tv to commentate on that today. Horrifically biased from start to finish. 

Celtic TV isn't that biased 😂😂

I couldn't believe how biased he was towards Celtic.  Dodds is just daft but McLeod for a sheep shagger is so pro-glasgow.  Kerr and Mikey are jambos though and McCann was on the radio.  He's commentated on Celtic winning the last 12 trophies so it's probably second nature to keep his job now I suppose. 

Maroon Sailor

Someone should tell him he doesn't have to talk incessantly throughout a match, especially when he's going on about Celtic not being this, not being that, how things are not quite right with them, Lennon holding on to his job and then looking for the glory line all the time about the quadruple treble.

Why can't he just describe the action?

Most irritating piece of commentary I've ever heard and was spoiling the match.

12 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

The bit when they showed old Bonnar working on the radio commentary, and said he would be upset about Hearts equalising, just summed up the whole BBC Sport set up.

Why on earth should a national broadcaster employ people with blatantly biased views on teams. They’re supposed to be there to inform the viewers or listeners with no other agendas. It’s not supposed to be a Celtic love in, or an any other team love in. 
Pat Bonnar is a paid supporter of Celtic. 
Sportscene is riddled with Aberdeen fans.

Chic Young should have taken off the air years ago. 
What an amateurish operation, designed only to seriously cater for 3 or 4 clubs, and Hearts aren’t one of them.

The pre match today was so heavily slanted towards Celtic, it should an embarrassment to them. The snippets about Tiny Changes and Marius Zaliukas were welcome, but the coverage about the Hearts team was minimal.

They're more bothered about creating 'characters' than being informative.  Biscuits.  Wtf? 

Scottish football broadcasting needs a complete revamp.  

Pity the guys from view from the terrace don't seem to be quite ready.

The whole jobs for the boys culture had to end.  Billy dodds gets sacked from a coaching job and there's a radio job created for him straight away.   

We should spend a months FoH money getting rid of this biased prick from the BBC. 

Make a formal complaint with evidence of the screeching bell end and get him removed for the good of Scottish football.

Then start on the rest of them one by one

13 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

We should spend a months FoH money getting rid of this biased prick from the BBC. 

Make a formal complaint with evidence of the screeching bell end and get him removed for the good of Scottish football.

Then start on the rest of them one by one

Wasting time and money on that little shit is pointless. All the complaints about Chick Dung we put into the BBC and it made no difference. 

Impartiality 

Section 4.1 Introduction 

Impartiality lies at the hearts of public service and is the core of the BBC’s commitment to its audiences.

(Except for viewers in Scotland)

10 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

If it’s not on the link I’m not sure. I can’t remember yesterday, never mind 11-02-2019! It’s probably Liam McLeod kissing Celtic arses.

He’s been awful for years. How did he ever get to take over from Oor Paul “suddenly it is a rout” Mitchell?

Wasn’t it McLeod who said “suddenly it is a rout”?

The commentary was shocking and highlighted everything that is wrong with Scottish Football and why we will always be stuck in the dark ages.  Dodds was no better.  Would have been as well watching Celtic TV.

Horatio Caine
10 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

"Suddenly it's a rout" was, in fact, McLeod.

51 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

You sure? I was convinced that was Paul Mitchell’s last game as main football commentator for BBC. I’m sure I heard the man himself say that in a podcast. 

59 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

My apologies, you’re right. Paul Mitchell is still their best commentator. I must’ve misheard what he said on the podcast. Maybe he did the radio? 

Just before half-time, he said time something like "this is the best game of football I've seen in ages".  Then he didn't seem so happy when we came back.  No mention of it being a great game from half-time onwards.  Staggering stuff.

Incredible that they even reeled out stats suggesting that you don't have many Scottish Cup finals with teams coming back from 2-0 down, but he was clearly more enthusiastic when it seemed like it was going to be a run-of-the-mill scumbag victory.                            

Screeching words like phenomenal and sensational because a team that cost many millions score a penalty. No such screeching for our goals or our come back.

The only surprise is that so many seem surprised. The media in Scotland is absolutely saturated with Tims with laptops and ex celtc players chipping in their twopence worth.

When I mentioned it before on here  someone actually tried to say that Hearts were well represented in the media!

Lol, It's farting against thunder.

Edited by JDK2020

8 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

The only surprise is that so many seem surprised. The media in Scotland is absolutely saturated with Tims with laptops and ex celtc players chipping in their twopence worth.

When I mentioned it before on here  someone actually tried to say that Hearts were well represented in the media!

Lol, It's farting against thunder.

Apparently that is the case at the bbc

The Treasurer

The pattern was set in the first few minutes of the BBC coverage when we were told that ROB Lee was starting for Hearts.

Followed up by the embarrassing ramblings of O'Neil, then the "sellik TV" commentary completed the amateur hour production

When it wen 3-3 it was all about how Celtic needed to improve. NOTHING about how Hearts came back twice! No praise for Hearts at all. Scophant.

Seymour M Hersh
10 hours ago, Last Laff said:

I couldn't believe how biased he was towards Celtic.  Dodds is just daft but McLeod for a sheep shagger is so pro-glasgow.  Kerr and Mikey are jambos though and McCann was on the radio.  He's commentated on Celtic winning the last 12 trophies so it's probably second nature to keep his job now I suppose. 

Not unlike Dickless Gordon on the transistor radio then. Must be something about being brought up in Aberdreich!

Seymour M Hersh
53 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

He sounds like a woman too.

Perhaps Liam is only questioning.

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

16 hours ago, Alex MacDonald said:

Absolute wnak of a supposed commentator !!!!!! And hopefully thats the mhanks last success for a long while.!!!!!!!!

All roads lead to Gorgie
58 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Screeching words like phenomenal and sensational because a team that cost many millions score a penalty. No such screeching for our goals or our come back.

Someone should do a soundwave graph on his voice when they scored and one also for our goals and see the difference. Then send it to the BBC.

2 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

My apologies, you’re right. Paul Mitchell is still their best commentator. I must’ve misheard what he said on the podcast. Maybe he did the radio? 

Yeah Paul did the radio , and a great job he did of it.

53 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

The pattern was set in the first few minutes of the BBC coverage when we were told that ROB Lee was starting for Hearts.

Followed up by the embarrassing ramblings of O'Neil, then the "sellik TV" commentary completed the amateur hour production

Martin O'Neill had zero interest in Scottish football before he managed celtic and has had zero interest since.

Shelley Kerr, as someone put perfectly, sounds like Pressley in drag.

Michael Stewart is tainted by his hatred of Levein and his association with celtic.

Doddsy, what's wrong with Celtic?

What a ****ing mentality

That's one of the few utterances I heard when I decided to unmute for say 15 secs at a time.

In his narrow mind, he'll have it all justified. 

Pasquale for King

The whole BBC coverage of Scottish football is amateur and just wrong, failed managers and players with alleged journalists, mostly OF sycophants. 

4 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

Doesn't get a pass for that. It was a rout. As ANYBODY could see. Backing Hibs that day or sounding sorrowful as he did yesterday (at Celtics possible demise)-  **** it was gruesome - would have just been ridiculous