Vanecek

Maroon Sailor

I thought he had a couple of nice touches and looked a fair bit sharper then the 100 minutes I've seen him play before so not writing him off. 

Edited by Jamhammer

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• 1874robbo

• Beast Boy

• Guffers

41 minutes ago, OTT said:

Its going to take a bit of time for him to settle in. He's played his entire career in the Czech republic so its probably a bit of a culture shock for him too. Obviously, his fitness situation is public knowledge too. I think the international break will give him the time he needs to catch up (said the same for Berra :D , going to be a shit break down Gorgie way for our players :P )

Yeah, takes a long time for these Czech players to settle intt Scottish football.

Mind we signed that guy Skacel back in 2005.  Played 13 consecutive minutes without scoring for us before finally getting off the mark!

Fort Vallance
1 hour ago, Barack said:

Below, is the career stats of Sam Cosgrove. Who, including anyone who'd ever seen him at these previous clubs, & for the better part of half a season at Aberdeen, could see he's an absolute cart-horse. 

Ask Aberdeen fans. And he was fit, allegedly. Now, he's still a slow, lumbering cart-horse...but he's found a wee purple patch, after faith being instilled in him by Aberdeen.

We might do well, to allow a patently unfit Vanecek the same latitude?

Naaahhh! Course not...

Screenshot_20190210-183603_Gallery.jpg

Interesting stats. But you need to get out more  

3 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Yeah, takes a long time for these Czech players to settle intt Scottish football.

Mind we signed that guy Skacel back in 2005.  Played 13 consecutive minutes without scoring for us before finally getting off the mark!

Skacel had played for Slavia Prague(in Europe too), for Marseille, in the CL for Panathinaikos and was full Czech international prior to arriving though... Pospisil is probably a fairer comparison tbh.

20 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Thats all you took from the game? For the entire time he was on the pitch he worked his bollocks off making space for everyone else by occupying 2 or 3 of their defenders and bullied them, on another day and a bit sharper he’d have scored a few.

He had good moments, especially when he was holding the ball and barging through opponents. 

But his second half display was a bit embarrassing for its antics imo

He was maybe knackered by then. 

I kind of get the feeling his reputation has grown in his absence. 

So he came on and within 5mins we were down to 10 men hmmm probably not the best to judge him from that.

I love how people write off players after they have barely kicked a ball in anger.

33 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

In the time he has been on the pitch not once has he had a decent cross to attack

Absolutely this! 

Against Livi his debut was solid and he set up the winner...no issues with his performance.

He had a bad 45 mins against Dundee along with every other player in Maroon.

Other than that he had been given 25 mins of football as a late sub and been given very little service. There is no way he can be judged yet.

5 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

So he came on and within 5mins we were down to 10 men hmmm probably not the best to judge him from that.

I love how people write off players after they have barely kicked a ball in anger.

I hate to think what some of the roasters on here tonight would have been like had we drawn or lost.

Constant negative drivel from a section of utter welts, win lose or draw.  People don't give a shit what they have to say because its just a monotonous drone.

7 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I hate to think what some of the roasters on here tonight would have been like had we drawn or lost.

Constant negative drivel from a section of utter welts, win lose or draw.  People don't give a shit what they have to say because its just a monotonous drone.

To be fair, had we drawn or lost at home to Auchinleck *******Talbot then even you would have had something to say !

Maroon Sailor
12 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Love how people think that people have written him off

Acted like Billy Bigbaws and turned up like Billy Bunter

Proof of the pudding will be when he gets his fitness levels up.

8 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

To be fair, had we drawn or lost at home to Auchinleck *******Talbot then even you would have had something to say !

Yeah - but it doesn't matter what our result is the same arseholes are on here having a dig at players and the manager and never give any credit.

When we won the cup in 2012 we only just beat them 1-0 FFS!

Edited by frankblack

jamboinglasgow
37 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Dont think its fair to use a player who is probably the best player in 20 years to play for Hearts.

I think Vanecek, was ok today, not really given much of a chance to attack goal. I think fans can be quite ruthless with players and not giving a player from a different country to get used to a different league in a new country. Vanecek will come good, and people need to give him a chance (though being a new Hearts striker is one of the toughest things to be with fans.)

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, peebles jambo said:

Typical Hearts fans, had him a world beater before even seeing the guy, turns out he's a pudding and needs a lot of catching up to do fitness wise.then we might see the real thing

And you're being just as typical writing him off before he's even got a dozen games under his belt. :facepalm:

Pasquale for King

A guy behind me started slagging Maclean from around 20 seconds into the game, not undeservedly and eventually shouted “get NBA SHORTS ON FFS” which gave us a laugh.

Vanacek tried hard, he and Keena should be ahead of Maclean imo. Vanacek reminds me of Messi ? from the neck up, that’s where the resemblance ends ?. Let’s give him a chance.

Jambof3tornado
10 hours ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Thats all you took from the game? For the entire time he was on the pitch he worked his bollocks off making space for everyone else by occupying 2 or 3 of their defenders and bullied them, on another day and a bit sharper he’d have scored a few.

This.

Bazzas right boot
12 hours ago, Bauld said:

Underestimated the league.

Believed the shite people spout regarding the quality here. 

Went on holiday and came back thinking he was going to piss it.

Reality quickly hit home. This league demands nothing less than peak fitness. It's fast paced, physical and doesn't give you anywhere to hide.

He has been really stupid and given himself a mountain to climb. 

Pretty much this. 

Although, I reckon he might just be climbing (running) up a few mountains as we speak ?

Hes a good player. Hes clearly not fit though and that is on his shoulders. Needs to get the finger out and get up to speed. I like what i see of him though in the flashes he has shown.

30 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Hes a good player. Hes clearly not fit though and that is on his shoulders. Needs to get the finger out and get up to speed. I like what i see of him though in the flashes he has shown.

This for me.  Silly guy turning up here unfit. I think he will be just fine though once he gets up to speed. It never fails to amaze me the willingness some have on here to turn on our own at the drop of a hat.

alwaysthereinspirit

I hope he's the real deal. As a Hearts fan I've never wanted a Hearts signing to be anything but. As others have said though he made his own bed now its up to him. He also hasn't as of yet had one decent cross to attack. I'm going to wait a few more games before wanting him gone.

Would not dare write him off but he has far from impressed and the fact he turned up to his new job completely unprepared has in all honesty pissed on my chips.

If Vanecek had come in under the radar he wouldn't be wearing the mantel of star striker and our expectations would be lower. He didn't make it easy for himself though and sometimes we expect too much from new players. Jury's out...!!

He talked himself up big time.

Kind of reminds me of a guy who walks about with a swagger saying he will "knock **** out of anyone" then the first sign of trouble gets sparked out with one punch.

How unfit can you get over 4 weeks as an athlete is beyond me, that's what you train for every day,  people on here treat fitness or getting match fit,  like its learning to walk for the 1st time 

These guys should be naturally fit,  that's like me or you going in to work after a 3 week holiday and telling your  boss "Aye thats me back gaffer,  but I'll no be any use to you for 3-4 weeks as i need time to get up to speed" 

I'll be at my desk though if you wanna say hello

2 hours ago, kimosavi said:

How unfit can you get over 4 weeks as an athlete is beyond me, that's what you train for every day,  people on here treat fitness or getting match fit,  like its learning to walk for the 1st time 

These guys should be naturally fit,  that's like me or you going in to work after a 3 week holiday and telling your  boss "Aye thats me back gaffer,  but I'll no be any use to you for 3-4 weeks as i need time to get up to speed" 

I'll be at my desk though if you wanna say hello

More than two weeks off and you would need quite a while to get anywhere near the same fitness levels. 

15 minutes ago, XB52 said:

More than two weeks off and you would need quite a while to get anywhere near the same fitness levels. 

Not much more than two weeks really. He should be getting it back at roughly a 1-1 basis.

As for sharpness that may take a bit longer .

Maroon Sailor
59 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Working his way back to being a superstar, one reserve goal at a time. ?

Good that Keena is banging in the goals at that level as well. Feck me Levein might have a striker selection headache at this rate !

Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

Good that Keena is banging in the goals at that level as well. Feck me Levein might have a striker selection headache at this rate !

:wow:

Can you imagine? ?

1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

:wow:

Can you imagine? ?

Won’t be long before we’re told it’s ridiculous to have so many strikers. ?

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Won’t be long before we’re told it’s ridiculous to have so many strikers. ?

:seething:

FFS Levein! :mad:

peebles jambo
On 10/02/2019 at 21:37, Seymour M Hersh said:

And you're being just as typical writing him off before he's even got a dozen games under his belt. :facepalm:

I'm not writing him off at all, I'm just saying we expected too much before we'd seen him, I'm quite sure the guy will come good

Regardless, we now have Vanecek and Keena battling for a place in the team. Each can push the other so we kinda have a win-win situation. That’s good in my books 

On 11/02/2019 at 12:41, i8hibsh said:

He talked himself up big time.

Kind of reminds me of a guy who walks about with a swagger saying he will "knock **** out of anyone" then the first sign of trouble gets sparked out with one punch.

Has he though?

i only really seem to remember a quote saying he’s a “warrior” in terms of style of play. Don’t think he predicted he’d score a certain amount of goals etc. That was all on here. 

Absolute Scenes
56 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

He's got to be better than Mclean ffs. Give the boy a chance. 

whats MacLean done wrong? He slotted in and had to be played as a lone striker in a very difficult period of the season. Links up really well and is a very intelligent footballer. 6 goals in 26, still a decent return for an "finished auld man" whose knees have gone...apparantly

On 10/02/2019 at 21:08, jonnothejambo said:

The day I take stick from vermin tramps will be the day I rub my fireman's helmet with a brillo pad. 

I wouldn't knock it mate. When it scabbs over, looks like an elephants trunk!! Chicks love it?

Edited by TypoonJambo

1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

I wouldn't knock it mate. When it scabbs over, looks like an elephants trunk!! Chicks love it?

What? Grey with 2 holes at the end! Nah

1 hour ago, Ari Gold said:

Has he though?

i only really seem to remember a quote saying he’s a “warrior” in terms of style of play. Don’t think he predicted he’d score a certain amount of goals etc. That was all on here. 

He did say that he wanted to be the top scorer in Scottish football.

Edited by Lambo85

2 hours ago, Top Corner said:

He's got to be better than Mclean ffs. Give the boy a chance. 

Nothing wrong with McLean IMO

2 hours ago, Lambo85 said:

Good for him. That’s the sort of self belief I like in a striker. Five or six goals in the next four matches and he’ll be top of the pops! ?

2 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Good for him. That’s the sort of self belief I like in a striker. Five or six goals in the next four matches and he’ll be top of the pops! ?

He's SHITE.

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, Lambo85 said:

Hardly a crime worth vilifying for though is it?

3 hours ago, Lambo85 said:

That’s exactly the attitude we want at Tynecastle. Ambition and targets.

2 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

He's SHITE.

Disgrace to the jersey. This is what happens when we divert money to the women’s team.