Vanecek

Maroon Sailor

Maroon Sailor

Apart from wearing Kris Boyd size shorts he seems to run like he is dragging a tyre behind him.

Keena looked much sharper so I can see Vanecek having a hard time to get in to this side. He's got a lot of hard work ahead of him

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• 1874robbo

• Beast Boy

• Guffers

peebles jambo

Typical Hearts fans, had him a world beater before even seeing the guy, turns out he's a pudding and needs a lot of catching up to do fitness wise.then we might see the real thing

The Future's Maroon

Yes he’s been poor so far I agree.

Although....

He’s not played three full games yet, give the guy a break,  Levein has made it clear to everyone he is not ready (bad on the players part and criticism justified). But for gods sake give him some time.

William H. Bonney
Just now, peebles jambo said:

Typical Hearts fans, had him a world beater before even seeing the guy, turns out he's a pudding and needs a lot of catching up to do fitness wise.then we might see the real thing

He probably shouldn't have gone on holiday for 4 weeks. 

The Future's Maroon
2 minutes ago, peebles jambo said:

I think the player himself is to blame on this point, not the fans?

Miles away from a start.Outmuscled by a junior player who'd been on the pitch longer than him....defo a work in progress..fingers crossed for the guy, but all his fault the condition he's arrived in.

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Yes he’s been poor so far I agree.

Although....

He’s not played three full games yet, give the guy a break,  Levein has made it clear to everyone he is not ready (bad on the players part and criticism justified). But for gods sake give him some time.

I don't think we will see much of him this season to give him a break unless Uche gets injured again.

He should have been chomping at the bit to play for Hearts and show us what he can do like any new signing would. Not this guy though it seems.

A young lad like Keena coming on and making an impact while he still looks like a cart horse will surely have given him a wake up call if nothing else.. Too early to judge.. but thats his fault.. way off the pace at the moment though

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Below, is the career stats of Sam Cosgrove. Who, including anyone who'd ever seen him at these previous clubs, & for the better part of half a season at Aberdeen, could see he's an absolute cart-horse. 

Ask Aberdeen fans. And he was fit, allegedly. Now, he's still a slow, lumbering cart-horse...but he's found a wee purple patch, after faith being installed in him my Aberdeen.

We might do well to allow a patently unfit Vanecek the same latitude?

Naaahhh! Course not...

Screenshot_20190210-183603_Gallery.jpg

Was he kissing the badge telling the Dons fans how he was going to rip up the league though?

7 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Came on 72 mins. Smith off injured on 78 mins,  leaving us down to 10 men. Not sure we can criticise him much for today.

Agree. He's not done much positive yet but barely had any opportunities today.

The Future's Maroon
3 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I don't think we will see much of him this season to give him a break unless Uche gets injured again.

He should have been chomping at the bit to play for Hearts and show us what he can do like any new signing would. Not this guy though it seems.

Ok, I’ll gloss over the obvious noise up regarding “giving him a break”.

Your right, he should have been well up for it and prepared/ready, but he was very unprofessional and as stated publicly he has let himself, Craig, the squad and the fans down.

He, apparently, knows this and will work hard to make up for it.

For some to right him off after less than three full games is ridiculous imo.

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Below, is the career stats of Sam Cosgrove. Who, including anyone who'd ever seen him at these previous clubs, & for the better part of half a season at Aberdeen, could see he's an absolute cart-horse. 

Ask Aberdeen fans. And he was fit, allegedly. Now, he's still a slow, lumbering cart-horse...but he's found a wee purple patch, after faith being installed in him by Aberdeen.

We might do well to allow a patently unfit Vanecek the same latitude?

Naaahhh! Course not...

Screenshot_20190210-183603_Gallery.jpg

Aye? Surely we are entitled to be asking how the bloody hell he is patently unfit ?

letsmakesomenoise
9 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

I thought he made a load of good runs but never got the ball played to him once.

Thought he had a lot of good touches and passes, lot of sh1t ones too though!

He better come good, I’m taking a lot of stick from Vermin colleagues re this guy, and have been forced into wagers re his scoring exploits for next season.  Insisted on including the cups as well though! ?

Edited by letsmakesomenoise

From I’ve seen which is all the minutes he’s played, he lays off and links play well. Like Clare I feel he will grow into this Heatrs team. 

Edited by Dannie Boy

i wish jj was my dad

Personally, I thought today was a good opportunity to give him 30-40 mins with Mclean off but from what I did see Keena looked the better bet.

Doesn’t look great so far but think we need to give him time.  Not sure what type of player he seems to be as definitely doesn’t look that mobile.  Maybe an old fashioned target man who needs the ball in the box.  Not ideal when first impressions remind me of a Cole Stockton ?

He had a few good layoffs and half decent runs that were ignored.  Also done a couple of poor things but seeing as we were down to 10 men and gave no service for the majority of the time he was on the park it's harsh to be singling him out for any criticism.

Next season will be interesting. We should then see exactly how Good players like  Clare and Vanacek are. Not going to judge Vanacek just yet, but can’t say I’m impressed that he didn’t make sure he arrived in tip top condition.

18 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Came on 72 mins. Smith off injured on 78 mins,  leaving us down to 10 men. Not sure we can criticise him much for today.

Indeed. And at a stage when the team had basically decided they were happy with the result and were content to pass the ball sideways. There will be a time to judge him, but it won't be based on today's appearance.

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

He had a few good layoffs 

Hoefully he lays off the pies

3 minutes ago, Smith&Weston said:

Not ideal when first impressions remind me of a Cole Stockton ?

Surely to Christ he's going to turn out better than him !

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

Hearts “fans” :vrface:

Aye let's have all our new signings turn up out of shape. Exactly what we need to see

Edited by Maroon Sailor

He has a good touch and vision for a pass. He just wasn't utilised much today because we were not desperately needing a goal so much of his movement was not used. He is still a little slow and not the most agile, but think he's only going to get better as he gets fitter.

Bazzas right boot

Set a rod for his own back with all his chat. 

Will give him time to come good and support him when he plays. 

Not much else to say. 

Hopefully he get a goal if he plays tho. 

Calebs Grandad

3-0 ahead when Vanecek comes on then 6 minutes later we are reduced to 10 men who are playing against a side with virtually every player back packing the defence. I really don’t think we can read anything into his performance other than he helped out muscle their defence and we grabbed a 4th. Into quarter finals and hopefully a home tie v Partick.

Looks like he needs more time to build an understanding with his teammates.  Showed some nice touches but misplaced others.

Those comparing him to Keena need to realise they are different types of forwards.

Underestimated the league.

Believed the shite people spout regarding the quality here. 

Went on holiday and came back thinking he was going to piss it.

Reality quickly hit home. This league demands nothing less than peak fitness. It's fast paced, physical and doesn't give you anywhere to hide.

He has been really stupid and given himself a mountain to climb. 

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Reality quickly hit home. This league demands nothing less than peak fitness. It's fast paced, physical and doesn't give you anywhere to hide.

Agree with all of that

3 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Absolutely this....thankfully a voice of sanity and clarity

Its going to take a bit of time for him to settle in. He's played his entire career in the Czech republic so its probably a bit of a culture shock for him too. Obviously, his fitness situation is public knowledge too. I think the international break will give him the time he needs to catch up (said the same for Berra :D , going to be a shit break down Gorgie way for our players :P )

William H. Bonney
3 minutes ago, OTT said:

Its going to take a bit of time for him to settle in. He's played his entire career in the Czech republic so its probably a bit of a culture shock for him too. Obviously, his fitness situation is public knowledge too. I think the international break will give him the time he needs to catch up (said the same for Berra :D , going to be a shit break down Gorgie way for our players :P )

There's no international break till end of next month. 

15 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

It’s far too earlier to judge him. Albeit he’s looked very poor.

Doesnt seem very strong and easily pushed around. His first touch is a bit suspect to me and he looks heavy. 

Think he will need a bit of time to adjust for a large number of reasons. He will need to improve dramatically if he’s going to play ahead of uche.

Can’t see him and uche playing together.

We have made a lot of effort to get him, so believe he offers way more than seen to date.

I backed Clare to come good when others on here were calling him a dud.  I will say the same about Vanacek.  He needs time to fit in.

5 minutes ago, Guffers said:

Eh? Nope. Nice try pea brain.

Ah, apologies Barack.. just saw your other later response to which I assume you were referring!

11 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Hopefully he watched Uche in the first half and realised that’s what everyone expects from him.

Falling over and moaning?

He had some nice touches and battled at times but Naismith had to hand-hold him throughout the game. 

10 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Falling over and moaning?

He had some nice touches and battled at times but Naismith had to hand-hold him throughout the game. 

Thats all you took from the game? For the entire time he was on the pitch he worked his bollocks off making space for everyone else by occupying 2 or 3 of their defenders and bullied them, on another day and a bit sharper he’d have scored a few.