SC Draw - Partick Thistle Away for QFs - Monday 4th March 19:05 ko

WorldChampions1902

Just now, millerjames398 said:

Feels like this is the SFAs revenge, for us taking our stand, after they ****ed up the league cup semi-final super Sunday debacle, monday nights grim stuff ?

SPFL. Not the SFA.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GorgieRules22

• been here before

• Boab

been here before
6 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

Advice on directions from Glasgow Queen Street or Central would be nice.

Theres this thing on the internet.

Google or something like that its called.

Another shambles and again it stops 2-3 thousand from attending. Shame on Scottish football and anybody at Hearts that has accepted this.

Scottish football shots itself in the foot yet again. A Monday night? Really...

For the bloody BBC. I'm sorry utterly farcical. Easily knocking thousands off the traveling support and indeed the home support. 

Farcical

6 minutes ago, Uche Gang said:

Why the hell is it on at 19:05 and not 19:45/20:00?

Looks like it’s on the new BBC Scotland channel...the whole channel is built around a 9pm news hour so they need to be clear by then...

3 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Another shambles and again it stops 2-3 thousand from attending. Shame on Scottish football and anybody at Hearts that has accepted this.

It will keep happening until folk say enough is enough and tell them we are not going, pretty simple .

9 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

I expect Levein will come out and lambast them in the next press conference. Any chance of this getting changed? Surely Partick aren’t happy either.

I don’t think partick will be too fussed about it? Kick off time will suit Jags supporters and we’ll sell out the allocation.

Disappointing, as I cannot make it now. 

I was looking forward to the trip, too.  Not been there for a while, and I quite like Patrick.  Done is a good turn, when we were in the shit, and their fans are proper fans, who have not been turned. 

Thought Police
1 minute ago, Famous 1874 said:

Surely someone at Hearts will have accepted this?

Tbf it would appear they accepted the League Cup semi and then kicked up a big fuss after the initial announcement. Fan reaction might dictate their reaction 

6 minutes ago, been here before said:

Theres this thing on the internet.

Google or something like that its called.

Thanks for your valuable input. I have already Googled it however I was interested in tried and tested and reliable routes from fans who have been there regularly.

Your input is acknowledged regardless :thumbsup: .

10 minutes ago, Darren said:

Get an Uber or a taxi.

Probably halved the attendance with this decision. Ruined what could have been a great day out.

8 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Pretty much zero the club can do I am afraid...unless an argument of safety, etc.

been here before
4 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

Thanks for your valuable input. I have already Googled it however I was interested in tried and tested and reliable routes from fans who have been there regularly.

Your input is acknowledged regardless :thumbsup: .

You'd probably find that on the Google thing.

**** this being on TV, move it to Saturday 3pm.

Or if BBC have to have it, stick it on at 12:45pm on the Saturday and make it red button and online streaming. Doesn't have to be on BBC One or Two.

They really don't give two shits about the fans do they?

Edited by kila

11 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

February 1974

Scottish Cup Replay 2pm kick off as it was played during the 3 day week.

Partick 1 Hearts 4

9,652 in attendance.

AYE, BUT THIS ISNAE A REPLAY, IS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's desperate, the people who run our game have absolutely no understanding of what makes football and the latter stages of the Scottish Cup special. What should have been a brilliant occasion in front of a packed ground on a Saturday afternoon is now a damp squib miserable Monday night afterthought. Modern life is rubbish. 

14 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Aye, we should just concede the tie?

3 minutes ago, kila said:

**** this being on TV, move it to Saturday 3pm.

Or if BBC have to have it, stick it on at 12:45pm on the Saturday and make it red button and online streaming. Doesn't have to be on BBC One or Two.

They really don't give two shits about the fans do they?

They could have it on their new channel at any time they like on a Saturday.

What a shambles, 

Really fancied this as partick is a cracking away day.

Stuff calling in favours to leave work early and battling the bypass/m8 traffic. 

Very disappointing. I was planing to go to this but I don't fancy trying to get away from work early, fighting through Glasgow rush hour and then getting home late. It won't feel like a cup quarter final.

1 minute ago, The Bookkeeper said:

Be interesting to see if Budge has anything to say about this scheduling. 

She only will if enough fans voice their displeasure, so if people would have went but now can’t send her an email having a moan on here won’t change anything.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

People need to realise we signed up for tv deals. 

Other teams put up with it too.

Disappointed but the game is being shown free to air tv

GorgieRules22

We’ll sell our allocation but I’m not sure we’ll need any more tickets. To set the loyalty points at 80 is being a bit over optimistic aswell, that will go down to 60 in no time. The Monday is bad but the kick off time is just ridiculous, not many people can make that time.

Only 4 games to sort out over a weekend.  2 on Sat, 2 on Sunday,  but we have to put 1 on a Monday.  They just don't think of fans anymore. 

Not like the SFA to make a mess of things.

I know that the TV companies will have written specific slots into the contract but seriously - this is a joke. 7.05pm? Disgraceful.

GorgieRules22
Just now, Lfhearts said:

Just accept it stop feckin moaning about it, Jesus it's not that bad. We will sell 2200 easy.

But probably would have sold double that at a weekend.

Maroon Sailor
Just now, GorgieRules22 said:

We’ll sell our allocation but I’m not sure we’ll need any more tickets. To set the loyalty points at 80 is being a bit over optimistic aswell, that will go down to 60 in no time. The Monday is bad but the kick off time is just ridiculous, not many people can make that time.

It'll go to general sale just like the Dunfermline LC tie and that was on a Saturday at 3pm

28 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

:yas::yas::yas:

Sorry to be selfish but that is absolutely ideal for me as I can make the game now.

Advice on directions from Glasgow Queen Street or Central would be nice.

:yas:

Similar to me.  Far better than an early Saturday but I can understand why many wont be happy.

You can get a the subway to Cowcaddens which is just 2 stops from Queen St.  Then its a short walk to the ground.  If you want to get steaming beforehand then you could get off a bit further away at Kelvinbridge.  Good boozers around there.

3 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

It'll go to general sale just like the Dunfermline LC tie and that was on a Saturday at 3pm

I'll almost certainly drop to a lower threshold, but I can't see it going to a general sale.

been here before
3 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Why don't the folk who're giving it a swerve due to travel club together and book a bus?

Easier to whinge your bollocks off on here.

1 minute ago, been here before said:

Easier to whinge your bollocks off on here.

Or be a smarmy ***** to those who are actually going?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Quarter Final on a Monday evening at 19.05. 

You couldn't make it up. 

Premier Sports is Erse Cheek TV. 

Market forces. 

BBC taking the opportunity to get points  For their new channel. Understand that. On this occasion we lose.

Sadly they don't realise Monday night will dilute  such a fixture. 

Edited by Sir Gio

14 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Take it your happy with Monday at 7.00 then? 

Not particularly but it isn’t that bad and if that’s the price to pay for playing the lowest ranked team left in the tournament, I’ll take it. 

Nothing anyone can do anyway, but it always good to moan. 

Different Class

Partick clearly don't want to give us the bigger stand (why would they want to give us any advantage, this fixture wasn't budgeted for in the first place so it's not the same as on OF league fixture). 

The 2,200 tickets will easily sell out, likely before general sale. So the kick off time has not had any effect on the amount of Hearts fans at the match.

• redm changed the title to SC Draw - Partick Thistle Away for QFs - Monday 4th March 19:05 ko