SC Draw - Partick Thistle Away for QFs - Monday 4th March 19:05 ko

WorldChampions1902

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Age old argument. The cash can't be ignored. 

Money is linked to the product that fans crave. The more successful you are the more variety of kick off times. 

Sunday and Monday night matches are hugely off putting for me but a great slot for TV

That would make sense if TV money in Scotland came anywhere close to making up the amount of money that fans do. 

I’m sure I read somewhere that a Premiership club can expect 11% of the turnover to come from TV money. Compare that to around 40% from fans through the door. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GorgieRules22

• been here before

• Boab

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Age old argument. The cash can't be ignored. 

Money is linked to the product that fans crave. The more successful you are the more variety of kick off times. 

Sunday and Monday night matches are hugely off putting for me but a great slot for TV

Understand what you are saying SG, great for the couch tatties that cant be bothered going , no danger 

this game will sell out if on a monday night , 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Just had a look on Premier Sports site

https://www.premiersports.com/football/scottish-cup-live-games.html

They have scheduled 4.45 on Saturday and 1.30 Sunday, no idea if ko time or on air.

Its where the BBC fit round these and where the BBC fit in pecking order for the ties, or do they just get what Premier don't want?

Almost certain the delay surrounds a potential evening ko for Aberdeen and Rangers. These TV companies wont be thinking Kilmarnock at all.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, RENE said:

If game is on the Monday when would any replay be? We play midweek the following week.

Don't think we do. Following this match we have away games at Dundee then Hamilton both on Saturdays

been here before

Mind when all football was 3pm on a Saturday and 7.30pm on a Wednesday?

There's a whole generation now who have never known this. There's something quite depressing about that.

16 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

They have scheduled 4.45 on Saturday and 1.30 Sunday, no idea if ko time or on air.

Its where the BBC fit round these and where the BBC fit in pecking order for the ties, or do they just get what Premier don't want?

Almost certain the delay surrounds a potential evening ko for Aberdeen and Rangers. These TV companies wont be thinking Kilmarnock at all.

Police have apparently said that they won’t allow this game to go ahead as a Saturday evening fixture. 

32 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Premier get the first two picks, I know that.  Presuming we’re third or fourth choice, I can’t see any reason why the Beeb can’t choose to have our game on Saturday lunchtime or later on Sunday afternoon. Monday night will greatly reduce what would otherwise be a sell out crowd. 

The Treasurer

If the delay is (as seems to be the case) Premier Sports holding off until they know the outcome of the sevco replay they should be told to GTF.

These fixtures should be sorted out by this weekend. No excuses

GorgieRules22
Just now, The Treasurer said:

If the delay is (as seems to be the case) Premier Sports holding off until they know the outcome of the sevco replay they should be told to GTF.

These fixtures should be sorted out by this weekend. No excuses

Realistically they should be sorted now.

Certainly wouldn't take anything on Twitter as gospel. Much more likely to be folk guessing in the hope they're right and look itk rather than genuine info. 

There wasn't any Monday game two rounds ago so don't see why this weekend should be different 

GorgieRules22
10 minutes ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

Certainly wouldn't take anything on Twitter as gospel. Much more likely to be folk guessing in the hope they're right and look itk rather than genuine info. 

There wasn't any Monday game two rounds ago so don't see why this weekend should be different 

Fairly decent poster (Steven Naismith) suggested that he knew for certain it was going to be the Monday.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Fairly decent poster (Steven Naismith) suggested that he knew for certain it was going to be the Monday.

A similar post suggested the final derby was going to be played on a Friday evening, it isn't.

BBC likely to show the game, really its what slots they have and which slot they reckon is strategically best for them to place us, as the biggest draw in the non Old Firm (possible) ties.

I expect Celtic Hibs to be the Saturday evening, Aberdeen against the winner of the replay Sunday early afternoon. I could be very wrong, the other 2 slots I am guessing will be Saturday lunch or Monday evening. Boabies will want a say, I am hoping their usual fuss is to our benefit and we get the Saturday.

1 hour ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Realistically they should be sorted now.

Agreed.  They should have been sorted first thing on Tuesday morning.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Agreed.  They should have been sorted first thing on Tuesday morning.

What if its out of their hands, in this case Premier?

Contractually there are rights to screen games at certain times, if I have won that contract I am going to fight to get the best deal for my company.

Really annoying for us waiting, but from Premiers perspective they want the 2 matches they will select at the optimum time for maximising their revenue. 

Part and parcel of entering these TV deals, but on the whole better than no TV deal for everyone.

The Bookkeeper

Partick Thistle v Hearts CONFIRMED as Monday 4th March with a 7.05pm kick off.

Edited by The Bookkeeper

been here before
2 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Hearts twitter.

So it is...

https://t.co/EHkVPNLeyY?amp=1

Hearts have been given an allocation of around 2,200 tickets in the Colin Weir Stand, priced at the following:

·      Adults (unrestricted) - £20

·      Adults (restricted) - £18

·      Concessions (unrestricted) - £15

·      Concessions (restricted) - £13

·      Disabled/Carer - £15/free

·      Under 16s - £5

Tickets will be made available for purchase to supporters with 80+ loyalty points.

On sale details will be announced soon.

Edited by been here before

3 hours ago, been here before said:

Mind when all football was 3pm on a Saturday and 7.30pm on a Wednesday?

There's a whole generation now who have never known this. There's something quite depressing about that.

The people that run scottish football are very depressing,  if thats the right KO time im not going.

The Bookkeeper

Saturday 2nd @ 5.15pm on Premier Sports 

Hibs v Celtic 

Sunday 3rd @ 1.30pm on Premier Sports 

Aberdeen v Rangers/Kilmarnock

Sunday 3rd @ 3.30pm on BBC 1 Scotland 

Dundee Utd v ICT/Ross County

Monday 4th @ 7.05pm on BBC 1 Scotland 

Partick Thistle v Hearts 

good news, I've got enough points. Bad news I fly out to Gran Canaria that morning. Just have to find a pub that is showing it.

This date/time will half, at least, the number of Hearts fans going to the game so the old stand will probably be enough for us

Edited by XB52

1 minute ago, Rudolf said:

80+ Loyalty points

What's the chance of more tickets or lower points total as as my  dad  would like to go to this game 

2 minutes ago, Ayr jam tart said:

What's the chance of more tickets or lower points total as as my  dad  would like to go to this game 

Depends how many people take up the tickets we get. 

10 minutes ago, The Bookkeeper said:

Partick Thistle v Hearts CONFIRMED as Monday 4th March with a 7.05pm kick off.

:yas::yas::yas:

Sorry to be selfish but that is absolutely ideal for me as I can make the game now.

Advice on directions from Glasgow Queen Street or Central would be nice.

:yas:

I expect Levein will come out and lambast them in the next press conference. Any chance of this getting changed? Surely Partick aren’t happy either.

Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

Depends how many people take up the tickets we get. 

I can see us selling that out pretty quickly.

Anyone's guess if we'll get more. No idea how the segregation would work with us getting some of another stand? 

Why the hell is it on at 19:05 and not 19:45/20:00? The latter gives people working 9-5 a chance to make the game 19:05 is far too tight. We should seriously considering boycotting/kicking up a fuss, TV money may rule the roost in England but in Scotland, fans are the main income.

Edited by Uche Gang

2 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

80 points is quite high considering that KO time has probably halved interest

Will come down no doubt.

2 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

:yas::yas::yas:

Sorry to be selfish but that is absolutely ideal for me as I can make the game now.

Advice on directions from Glasgow Queen Street or Central would be nice.

:yas:

Get an Uber or a taxi.

Probably halved the attendance with this decision. Ruined what could have been a great day out.

1 minute ago, Uche Gang said:

Why the hell is it on at 19:05 and not 19:45/20:00? The latter gives people working 9-5 a chance to make the game 19:05 is far too tight. We should seriously considering boycotting/kicking up a fuss, TV money may rule the roost in England but in Scotland, fans are the main income.

Because your only a supporter and you’re not worth a shit. 

millerjames398

Feels like this is the SFAs revenge, for us taking our stand, after they ****ed up the league cup semi-final super Sunday debacle, monday nights grim stuff ?

• redm changed the title to SC Draw - Partick Thistle Away for QFs - Monday 4th March 19:05 ko