SC Draw - Partick Thistle Away for QFs - Monday 4th March 19:05 ko

WorldChampions1902

Hearts will sell those 2,200 tickets comfortably and Partick will shift a decent amount either way.

So I'm not sure how people think this will be a problem for either club.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GorgieRules22

• been here before

• Boab

portobellojambo1
5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

The kick-off time is actually the real issue. 7.05 is simply absurd. A real   mind **** that one

I was going to refrain from posting but I may as well as the KO time is causing so much concern. It has been challenged and will be again early next week, with little hope of it being altered. Why is the game kicking off at 19:05, well it is being shown on the new BBC Scotland channel and the game has to be finished before 21:00 as the 9 O'Clock News has already been scheduled to start at that time.

Edited by portobellojambo1

GorgieRules22
4 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I was going to refrain from posting but I may as well as the KO time is causing so much concern. It has been challenged and will be again early next week, with little hope of it being altered. Why is the game kicking off at 19:05, well it is being shown on the new BBC Scotland channel and the game has to be finished before 21:00 as the 9 O'Clock News has already been scheduled to start at that time.

In other words not one single thought for the supporters.

Maroon Sailor

Gone are the days when someone would phone the club and ask what time the kick off was with the reply being what time can you get here ?

been here before
18 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

You seem to have an obsession with everything I post.....you seem fairly odd.

There's not enough hours in the day to go through all your posts in this thread which, if we're being honest, could pretty much be condensed into one.

'You're not happy and you think the shite scheduling will be responsible for 3000 Hearts supporters not going'

Edited by been here before

GorgieRules22
Just now, been here before said:

There's not enough hours in the day to go through all your posts in this thread which, if we're being honest, could pretty much be condensed into one.

'You're not happy'

You’ve actually nothing to say but nit pick at what others are saying, serious odd job. Your happy enough it’s the Monday pal great, I’ll no doubt still go, hopefully I’m sitting next to you ?

been here before
6 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Gone are the days when someone would phone the club and ask what time the kick off was with the reply being what time can you get here ?

giphy.gif.b028a503ff075f8e8f0f6d0f47b98bf3.gif

been here before
1 minute ago, GorgieRules22 said:

You’ve actually nothing to say but nit pick at what others are saying, serious odd job. Your happy enough it’s the Monday pal great, I’ll no doubt still go, hopefully I’m sitting next to you ?

Hopefully you'll be sitting next to a defib if your posts here are anything to go by.

GorgieRules22
Just now, been here before said:

Hopefully you'll be sitting next to a defib if your posts here are anything to go by.

I’m commenting about a game being changed from a weekend to a Monday evening, you don’t have an opinion, it’s just constantly pulling people up, your a pain in the arse, give it a rest.

been here before
2 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

I’m commenting about a game being changed from a weekend to a Monday evening, you don’t have an opinion, it’s just constantly pulling people up, your a pain in the arse, give it a rest.

My opinions are on this thread. You just cant see them or anyone elses through your foaming at the fingertips repeatedly telling everyone how shite it is ad infinitum.

You're not happy. We get it.

You must be due another 'Monday night is shite 3000 folk cant go now, wont someone think of the children' post.

Go for it.

been here before
43 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

M9 is chaos 

I know the approach to the bridge at that time is chaotic but isnt the rest of it smoother than the M8 route?

35 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Think the Ross County v ICT game kicked off at 7:15, but that was BBC2. 

17 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

It hasn't been changed, this is the scheduled time/date for our tie. We might not like it, but there it is.

10 minutes ago, been here before said:

I know the approach to the bridge at that time is chaotic but isnt the rest of it smoother than the M8 route?

M9 usually fine until you hit the M80 ....

41 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

If there’s a 10-15 minute delay or injury the it’s going to run over 9 o clock. Bizarre time. 

portobellojambo1
3 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Think the Ross County v ICT game kicked off at 7:15, but that was BBC2. 

It hasn't been changed, this is the scheduled time/date for our tie. We might not like it, but there it is.

I was unaware of planned channel changes Dunks, but by all accounts the existing BBC1 channel is being replaced by a new channel called BBC TV Scotland, and it is due to go live around the end of this month, 24/25 February I believe. Still seems a bit daft that they cannot delay the 9 O'Clock news for around 25/35 minutes or so, to create the usual sort of kick off times for midweek games.

William H. Bonney
3 minutes ago, karipidis said:

If there’s a 10-15 minute delay or injury the it’s going to run over 9 o clock. Bizarre time. 

Penalty to hearts in the 99th minute and it cuts to the 9 o'clock news. 

9 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I was unaware of planned channel changes Dunks, but by all accounts the existing BBC1 channel is being replaced by a new channel called BBC TV Scotland, and it is due to go live around the end of this month, 24/25 February I believe. Still seems a bit daft that they cannot delay the 9 O'Clock news for around 25/35 minutes or so, to create the usual sort of kick off times for midweek games.

Or just stick us on BBC2 :thumbsup:

Maroon Sailor
11 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Jackie Bird will be raging if she doesn't go on air at precisely 9pm

portobellojambo1
2 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Or just stick us on BBC2 :thumbsup:

I'm going to guess wildly that going forward the BBC2 schedules will be determined in London and a football game between Partick Thistle and HMFC won't be terribly high up on their priorities.

1 minute ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I'm going to guess wildly that going forward the BBC2 schedules will be determined in London and a football game between Partick Thistle and HMFC won't be terribly high up on their priorities.

BBC Alba? :D

I'm trying!

been here before
1 minute ago, Dunks said:

BBC Alba? :D

I'm trying!

BBC Alba showing the Edinburgh City game down in Wales live on Saturday night.

Challenge Cup semi v Connahs Quay Nomads.

El Gaelico

The new BBC Scotland channel is replacing BBC 2 Scotland and part of its remit is to have an hour long week night Scottish news at 9pm.... better get used to the 7.05pm k.o.'s as there will be a lot of them.

We also still get the UK wide BBC 2.

Edited by Boozyuzi

2 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Hearts will sell those 2,200 tickets comfortably and Partick will shift a decent amount either way.

So I'm not sure how people think this will be a problem for either club.

Tickets for HoM fans but pay at the gate for Thistle fans - could be quite problematic if some Hertz fans go into the home ends. 

1 hour ago, been here before said:

You don't even get soap in the old stand bogs so no chance of a fully charged up defib ? 

SFA need their collective erses  well and truly booted on Monday night for TV - gate and atmosphere will suffer. 

For those who make it through enjoy the game. 

6 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

You can get a the subway to Cowcaddens which is just 2 stops from Queen St.  Then its a short walk to the ground.  If you want to get steaming beforehand then you could get off a bit further away at Kelvinbridge.  Good boozers around there.

St George’s Cross is the stop you mean that’s two from Queen St. From there it’s pretty much just straight up Maryhill Road.

Kelvinbridge is actually technically the closest Subway stop but the route’s slightly less obvious.

@peter_hmfc

26 minutes ago, glynnlondon said:

Will it look like this except in colour ?

555.jpg

Nothing wrong with a bit of traditional Scottish music and dance.

Better than listening to bloody Eastenders and their chronic accents and hilarious patter.☺

Perfect game for a big away crowd to make a small protest against TV companies running football ...

Would love to see us delay kick off on a live TV game at a ridiculously stupid time for everyone 

Simple idea like throwing tennis balls on pitch and delay ko has worked elsewhere 

Then get right behind the team 

PS ( might no be best idea but more it happens the worst it'll get ) for all fans

Maroon Sailor

Could be worse we could have the travel that Carlisle fans have to endure. Wasn't that long ago they had a match away at Plymouth on a Tuesday night. Think they got back about 05:30

They'd treat a match 40 miles away as a local derby

Pasquale for King

When you consider that we are only getting 2200 tickets and it’s 80 loyalty points that would rule most of us out anyway. I think we will sell our end, it might actually affect them more with the KO time and being on the putrid BBC.

7 hours ago, been here before said:

You could go up the M9 toward Falkirk onto the  M876 then the M80 which swings you by north Glasgow to Firhill.

And do you think the M9 is going to be less busy than the M8 in rush hour on a Monday?

been here before
14 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

And do you think the M9 is going to be less busy than the M8 in rush hour on a Monday?

I dont really know as I seldom, if ever, travel on it at that time. But given  the M8 is Scotlands busiest road then it might well be. I didnt say it would be I was merely offering it as an alternative to the M8 which is a "car park" at that time.

However...

7 hours ago, Dunks said:

M9 usually fine until you hit the M80 ....

...so perhaps it will be.

Edited by been here before

joondalupjambo

Partick Thistle v Hearts Scottish Cup Round 4 replay played on Tuesday 16th February with a 2:45 kick off.  There were good reasons for that, the older guys will remember why.  

A crowd of 9652 in attendance which will probably be more than for this forthcoming tie.

Wonder how much moaning there was back then?

A couple of us skipped school but were late getting to a supporters bus departure point for some reason, missed the bus and so missed the game.

joondalupjambo
8 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

And the guy on the new BBC Scotland channel who is one of the two main news readers is a raging Jambo by the way.  

How ironic is that.

He will watch the game no doubt if he can and then if we win can lead with the result!!

chester copperpot
9 hours ago, been here before said:

You could go up the M9 toward Falkirk onto the  M876 then the M80 which swings you by north Glasgow to Firhill.

Come off the A876 and it joins with the M80, signposted to Kilsyth. Go along the A802 until you go through Kirkintilloch, then at the roundabout take a right down towards Torrance. At the big roundabout take a left along Balmore road until you get to a big roundabout, take first left and head through Possil until you reach Maryhill.

It's about 20mins to 30mins longer however you will hit much less traffic. 

Jambof3tornado

Aye castlecary arches and haggs are all standstill most nights!!! Lol.

The crux here is that having the game on TV means more to the SFA than accommodating the paying football fan.

Haven't made my mind up, yet, about attending, but the prospect of getting out of the centre of Edinburgh to get home and changed before taking on the M8 westbound does absolutely nothing for me.

7 hours ago, GlasgoJambo said:

St George’s Cross is the stop you mean that’s two from Queen St. From there it’s pretty much just straight up Maryhill Road.

Kelvinbridge is actually technically the closest Subway stop but the route’s slightly less obvious.

@peter_hmfc

Sorry to be pedantic, guys, but for anyone thinking of this route, who hasn't done it before, you get on at Buchanan St, not Queen St. Queen St is the low-level line.

As Peter says, Kelvinbridge is your best stop, nearest to ground.

Edit: sorry.....GlasgoJbo !

Edited by Boab

7 hours ago, GlasgoJambo said:

@peter_hmfc

Your correct its St.Georges X.  Been a long time since I lived in Glasgow.

August Landmesser
7 hours ago, jambocub said:

Perfect game for a big away crowd to make a small protest against TV companies running football ...

Would love to see us delay kick off on a live TV game at a ridiculously stupid time for everyone 

Simple idea like throwing tennis balls on pitch and delay ko has worked elsewhere 

Then get right behind the team 

PS ( might no be best idea but more it happens the worst it'll get ) for all fans

I'd support this. German fans have been protesting about Monday night games all season, and the DFB have listened. There'll be no more Monday games in the bundesliga from next season onwards. Protest works. Grumbling doesn't.

Cleaning 2000 tennis balls from the pitch will take a while, and will be harder for TV cameras to avoid than a couple of banners. 

1 hour ago, joondalupjambo said:

Partick Thistle v Hearts Scottish Cup Round 4 replay played on Tuesday 16th February with a 2:45 kick off.  There were good reasons for that, the older guys will remember why.  

A crowd of 9652 in attendance which will probably be more than for this forthcoming tie.

Wonder how much moaning there was back then?

A couple of us skipped school but were late getting to a supporters bus departure point for some reason, missed the bus and so missed the game.

I posted similar yesterday and was informed by a trumpet that IT WAS A REPLAY:laugh:

T

8 hours ago, harrywragg said:

Tickets for HoM fans but pay at the gate for Thistle fans - could be quite problematic if some Hertz fans go into the home ends. 

You don't even get soap in the old stand bogs so no chance of a fully charged up defib ? 

SFA need their collective erses  well and truly booted on Monday night for TV - gate and atmosphere will suffer. 

For those who make it through enjoy the game. 

You'd maybe get a handful doing that, but a lot of Hearts fans have totally chucked their toys out the pram on this one. 

GorgieRules22
3 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

You'd maybe get a handful doing that, but a lot of Hearts fans have totally chucked their toys out the pram on this one. 

Quite rightly so. It’s a Scottish cup quarter final that was was to be played on the 2/3rd of March but ours is changed to a Monday evening with an early kick off.

Games being changed for tv normally doesn’t bother me and I still always go but something stinks with this one so I’ll leave it till the last minute before I decide if I’m going or not, 94 points so no panic.

CornhillHearts

BBC Alba showing the Edinburgh City game down in Wales live on Saturday night.

Challenge Cup semi v Connahs Quay Nomads.

El Gaelico

It's not on alba, it's on S4c Welsh channel

24 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I agree with GR22 on this one, Phil.

It's fair to say that all 2200 tickets will go for this but I don't think it's a contradiction to say it's a shite time for a game of this standing.

Just the way it is now with TV running the game. 

Only my opinion, but I reckon there will be around 3K empty seats in the stadium for this game. TV money will make up the loss and there you have the way things are these days.

Partick saying there is pay at the gate for there fans! From their website: Thistle supporters will be accommodated in the Jackie Husband and John Lambie stands. This match is pay at the gate for Partick Thistle supporters.

Although it does go on to say you can buy tickets in advance. I can’t see them selling out so maybe an option for some fans who don’t get a ticket for the away end.