Tough guy

jake

1 minute ago, jamtartan74 said:

Are you doubting what i saw?

Not at all. I'm surprised you never told the police. If you did give a statement I am surprised you weren't cited to give evidence for the prosecution.

Just now, John Findlay said:

Not at all. I'm surprised you never told the police. If you did give a statement I am surprised you weren't cited to give evidence for the prosecution.

It all happened so quick, the police were at the other side of the road and chased after the guy after it happened, they never asked us to stop to give a statement, there was a few boys seeing to the guy who was on the deck, so I carried on to get my train. I wouldn’t have had any problem giving evidence if they asked for it. 

1 minute ago, jamtartan74 said:

It all happened so quick, the police were at the other side of the road and chased after the guy after it happened, they never asked us to stop to give a statement, there was a few boys seeing to the guy who was on the deck, so I carried on to get my train. I wouldn’t have had any problem giving evidence if they asked for it. 

Horrible event to witness bud, no need for it.

3 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

No problem mate. Just surprised the police never asked.

1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

If you read the story you will see it's an absolute peach of a comment.

The fact the mods have rolled with it shows the context it was meant.

It had to trigger someone though, at some stage.

5 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Horrible event to witness bud, no need for it.

To be honest I have seen a lot worse, this was just a single punch albeit a good one, scummy behaviour though.

5 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

No problem mate. Just surprised the police never asked.

There were several other witnesses so no doubt they were asked after the incident when the police got back to the guy, I never hung about, I did see the police with the guy who threw punch further up the road in handcuffs though and got a fair bit of abuse from folk who must’ve witnessed it as well. 

Dave McCreery's knee

Used to be known as a king hit in australia. After several deaths or permanent disabilities it was actively “rebranded” a coward’s punch because thats exactly what it is.

1 hour ago, The Future's Maroon said:

They had already exchanged words earlier and had agreed to ‘sort it out’ at the top of the street London Rd), yes the Hibs fan didn’t wait till the top of the street and is regretting what happened in the heat of the moment. Knows himself it was wrong, surprised the punch done what it done as he says he didn’t even connect properly but admits it must have been more the way he caught him, causing him to fall break his wrist and smash the deck.

There had been an exchange and both parties were ‘up for sorting it out further from the ground’ and assuming away from the Police..

Not condoning it at all, far from it....but there is more to a story than what you read in the press.

He will be very likely to get time, previous in a similar situation will put paid to that.

Again, I am not defending or condoning what he did, very sneaky and bang out of order.

Not doubting your version but the article states the complainer took no part in any verbal.

If people want to square go fair enough.

Running up behind and  taking a cheap shot is exactly that.

Cheap.

Seymour M Hersh
44 minutes ago, tightrope said:

Utter drivel mate, if you knew Moose then you would know that. Why come on and make shit up? For one Moose isn't a fighter and two he would lose his job for such behaviour. I attend football regularly with the guy and can assure you, he is not that type. Me, I would have bit the ****ers nose off.

If it's the moose I'm thinking of you are spot on. A big softie and a lovely bloke. Great hearts fan as well. I'd no idea it was him and must see his he is next time I walk past him enrolee to a game. 

4 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

It's when you read stuff like this I think that maybe we should adopt the American '3 strikes and you're out' system.

If this cretin ever does this again it would be off to prison for life, stuck in a cell with about 10 other shitehawks with no TV's or fecking playstations.  Act like a piece of shit, get treated like a piece of shit.

19 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Hibs.net pulled their thread on it.

050394C6-576D-45B3-956B-EBB55046A301.png

Sweep sweep, nothing to see here from that wank fairnie

3 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

That's not a #ibs thing. It's a coward thing. The relationship to football is his lawyers way of hopefully getting his client a lesser sentence. Theres no need to mention the game or the score in the story. Absolute cowardly scum is what he is. As others have stated, the guy hit could have been hurt way worse than he was.

Going by stories and from what I’ve seen firsthand, I can assure you that this isn’t an isolated incident for those shitehawks. 

joondalupjambo
2 hours ago, Dave McCreery's knee said:

Used to be known as a king hit in australia. After several deaths or permanent disabilities it was actively “rebranded” a coward’s punch because thats exactly what it is.

Yeah when I lived over there I could not believe how many times cases like those happened.  A good few deaths as a result.  I always thought Aussies were all tough blokes and would man up face to face but seems not in all cases. Many more King Hits over there than I ever see reported taking place here.  Lot of high profile sports folk got involved in campaigns against it when it was renamed a cowards punch.

I stopped going to the Easter Road derby fixture some time ago.  Too many close shaves where serious trouble after the game occurred.

The Phil Stamp game was one of the worst - a similar cowardly attack happened just outside the ground after the final whistle where someone ran across the street and punched the person in front of me in the face in front of a police officer and ran away.  I asked the police officer what she was going to do and she ignored me.  It was then that I realised the police on show are there only as a token gesture and not for our safety.

3 hours ago, The Future's Maroon said:

They had already exchanged words earlier and had agreed to ‘sort it out’ at the top of the street London Rd), yes the Hibs fan didn’t wait till the top of the street and is regretting what happened in the heat of the moment. Knows himself it was wrong, surprised the punch done what it done as he says he didn’t even connect properly but admits it must have been more the way he caught him, causing him to fall break his wrist and smash the deck.

There had been an exchange and both parties were ‘up for sorting it out further from the ground’ and assuming away from the Police..

Not condoning it at all, far from it....but there is more to a story than what you read in the press.

He will be very likely to get time, previous in a similar situation will put paid to that.

Again, I am not defending or condoning what he did, very sneaky and bang out of order.

A coward throwing a cowrads punch ...........

Lets sort it out further up the road ........ Nah , I might get hit, I will just hit the guy from behind , then run away....total scum 

6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I stopped going to the Easter Road derby fixture some time ago.  Too many close shaves where serious trouble after the game occurred.

The Phil Stamp game was one of the worst - a similar cowardly attack happened just outside the ground after the final whistle where someone ran across the street and punched the person in front of me in the face in front of a police officer and ran away.  I asked the police officer what she was going to do and she ignored me.  It was then that I realised the police on show are there only as a token gesture and not for our safety.

Last part is certainly true. You can't blame minimum wage stewards because a lot of them are just trying to work a part-time temporary job, but the police are beyond useless at games. There was various Hibs fans in the East Stand at the last derby making cut-throat signs and the police did absolutely nothing, they did even less at the 0-0 derby in October when Section G was getting pelted with coins, smoke cans and glass bottles.

Useless.

5 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

A king hit from  the back on an innocent bystander is a cowardly act. 

The tramp should be jailed then let's see how brave he is. 

Utter scum.

Correct.

4 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

God, Jonno.  Coming from you that almost sounds as if you like him.  I would have thought your verdict would gave been much more strict and colourful.

Hope you're not losing your touch.

I’m sorry Doug but, how the Hell does that sound like Jonno is ‘liking him’?

fabienleclerq
2 hours ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

I take it this piece of **** has been banned from Easter Road by Hibs?

Probably given a medal and a column in the EEN for his pincer like movement. 

5 hours ago, The Future's Maroon said:

I take it your a mate of his ? Or know him well ? 

He’s a ****ing coward and no matter how you dress it up he is a scumbag that deserves time in jail.

Even taking into account all the above he still sucker punched someone.

The Future's Maroon
4 hours ago, tightrope said:

Utter drivel mate, if you knew Moose then you would know that. Why come on and make shit up? For one Moose isn't a fighter and two he would lose his job for such behaviour. I attend football regularly with the guy and can assure you, he is not that type. Me, I would have bit the ****ers nose off.

That the story I was told, from the other side of the incident, I certainly did not make up any part of that? For the record, I’m not defending the guy at all (may have read that way to some), only passing on what I was told.

22 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Probably given a medal and a column in the EEN for his pincer like movement. 

To be fair they described him as a cowardly hibs fan and made a point of saying the Hearts fan was not involved in any provocation or verbal.

But I do share your sentiment.

Good God. At any point were you "Told", he was a total liberty taker. Utter, utter nonsense. You are making up,or your mate is, some sort of defence. Have a word.

queensferryjambo

Well spotted @Le Chat for spotting this creep has previous for violent crime.

Sounds like a really sneaky and cowardly attack.

Attacking strangers in the street when you are 35 years old :facepalm:

9 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

There is no age limit on this sort of thing , not sure why people are surprised when these things happen and the person invloved is 20plus ! Yes , in your world people grow up and control their emotions , however cowards will be cowards, thugs will be thugs etc etc

17 hours ago, Morgan said:

Correct.

I’m sorry Doug but, how the Hell does that sound like Jonno is ‘liking him’?

Jonno can do a lot better Morgan.  From him that's more like a compliment.

Just now, Kiwidoug said:

Jonno can do a lot better Morgan.  From him that's more like a compliment.

I’ve got that now Doug. ?

After I’d posted last night, I realised what you were meaning.

20 hours ago, Le Chat said:

It's when you read stuff like this I think that maybe we should adopt the American '3 strikes and you're out' system.

If this cretin ever does this again it would be off to prison for life, stuck in a cell with about 10 other shitehawks with no TV's or fecking playstations.  Act like a piece of shit, get treated like a piece of shit.

You may be interested to know LC that 3 strikes is law in NZ now.  Apart from a noisy minority of hand wringing wets its extremely popular.  Not only that it's very effective.  Experts assess that thousands of sickening attacks have been prevented because the would be perpetrators are scared of the dire consequences.

17 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

35 is really juvenile for the 'Hibs Way' SQJ, that last Derby down there saw the 'Old Hibs Guard' come out of their rat holes and oiled their joints as they swaggered their practices towards the Hearts fans going to the game. 

The lads who are in their late 40's /early 50's are still idolised by Muppets like Finyan hence why they enjoy their match day bravado in hope they are seen.

However there are major issues with the incompetence Police Scotland show when it comes to policing big Derby matches, it's like they encourage flashpoints and incidents. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Le Chat said:

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/hibs-fan-dodges-jail-after-15874750

250 hours community service.

What an absolute joke.  The guy's a thug and a danger to the public, who's already been to prison for acts of violence.

Disgraceful.

"........The father of three........." pondlife

manaliveits105

and yet again the need to give the score and scorers at the end of the report 

hope the spanner assaults a member of judges family next time 

4 hours ago, Le Chat said:

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/hibs-fan-dodges-jail-after-15874750

250 hours community service.

What an absolute joke.  The guy's a thug and a danger to the public, who's already been to prison for acts of violence.

Disgraceful.

And a charge dropped for spitting in someone's face.

That is the mark of utter lowlife scum.

I'd rather a punch in the face.

If this rat spat at my face he'd get a half brick right through his rat face.

And he is a rat faced coward.

I'd like to know how that charge was dropped.

For me it is more of an assault than his cowardly shitebag punch.

250 hours if he works will muck his weekend up.

Probably work out tougher than a short sentence.

As an aside does anyone know the dirty rat ?

Sorry if I ranted.

Edited by jake