HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME

4 hours ago, RudiHMFC said:

I wouldn't say McGregor is past his best, he's still a brilliant keeper and easily the best Scottish keeper around.

I think a 28/29 year old McGregor was better than the version he isn’t now at 37/38. So I’d say past his best. Not disputing he’s still a good enough keeper mind you.

3 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I thought Doyle would maybe have got more credit for the save in the Olly Lee Edinburgh Derby. It was our first clean sheet at Easter Road since the Ryan Stevenson Edinburgh Derby and it was largely down to that excellent finger tip save by Doyle. 

I don't agree. I thought he got all the credit he deserved down there. Had a good game and apart from a slight fumble towards the end he was decent. Certainly his best game in a Hearts jersey and he got all the plaudits he deserved. 

Since then, although hasn't cost us yet, he's been poor.

1 hour ago, Shaggy2 said:

I’m fine with being patient with Doyle. You’d think folk (me included) would have learned their lesson this season after Clare. How come the same patience isn’t being shown towards our goalkeeper? He’s already had a derby winning save and looks pretty solid for the most part. 

Because Clare looked like a player, Doyle doesn't. Doyle also came with a pretty poor reputation, unlike Clare.

1 minute ago, martoon said:

Quite content with Doyle and Zlamal, tbh. Colin is young and has plenty time to fine tune any flaws and Bobby's a good 2nd choice. 

He's 33?

15 minutes ago, JyTees said:

I don't agree. I thought he got all the credit he deserved down there. Had a good game and apart from a slight fumble towards the end he was decent. Certainly his best game in a Hearts jersey and he got all the plaudits he deserved. 

Since then, although hasn't cost us yet, he's been poor.

Not sure a keeper can be keeping clean sheets and meet the requirements of being poor.

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

He's 33?

Not sure a keeper can be keeping clean sheets and meet the requirements of being poor.

:lol:

I checked his age then scrubbed the post. Didn't realise he was as old as that. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

One thing I like about Doyle. He is big and comes for things. Couple of drops, but usually the keeper coming for it, particularly one of his size, knocks the opposition out of the way and the defence clean up scraps even if he does drop it.

He's not brilliant, but for the above reason I would take him as first choice over Bobby, who is really quite flaky but capable of some good stops.

In the summer would be good to address keeper, left back (again) and wing.

2 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Ok you are far too smart for me .

Haven't a scooby what you are on about (or on)

I said: I’d rather have Jason Kerr from St Johnstone

He said: What?

I said: Nah, he’s shite

It was a What/Watt joke. 

?

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, chester copperpot said:

Agreed.

I have a boss called Zander and he's a complete Zoomer who doesn't have a scooby doo about football. 

Zander the zoomer. 

Pals with Terry the Tube, Ronnie the Raj and Dave the dick. 

Good group. 

iwasthere1954
1 hour ago, RobboM said:

I'd like to see a keeper that can save a few penalties!

I'd like our defenders to stop conceding them. On the goalkeeping issue anyone at the recent game against St J. would agree that Clark was dodgy, so much so our crowd were getting at him. It's a no from me. 

52 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Just don't think he's been very reassuring. Been a few flaps that on another day might've cost us. We can't rely on the ball dropping in our favour all the time.

I was really disappointed that McLaughlin never re-signed last summer. Thought he was the best keeper we've had in a long time.  When we knew we were signing Zlamal it was said that he was a good shot-stopper, athletic but didn't control his penalty box well enough, not shouting and helping defenders etc. but he's been okay. Doyle has came in and I thought he controlled the penalty box a bit better but he does tend to get caught out when the ball comes towards him quite often. Must be doing something right though if Rep. of Ireland are interested.  Zander Clark for me would be a decent replacement if the other two left for some reason but i'm not sure he's any better, i'd say about same as them. And the third keeper, Kevin Silva, the American guy, don't know much about him, is he a youngster and maybe not ready for the first team?

Edited by jambonian

The White Cockade

i'd like to see Bobby get another run in the team

he was brilliant at the start of the season and saved us a good few times

he had a couple of dodgy games and his confidence dropped when the team as a whole were struggling

but I think he's done enough to deserve another chance

1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

It was a What/Watt joke. 

?

Ok

1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

It was a What/Watt joke. 

?

Don’t worry pal, I laughed.

5 hours ago, 8skacel8 said:

He just signed a new contract. Was available on a pre-contract until then.

Jason wasn't able to sign a pre contract at the end of the season.

He had well over a year of his existing contract to see out until he signed an extension.

Edited by suds66
Spelling.

WheatfieldWarrior
12 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

If we’re buying a Kerr from St Johnstone then I’d rather have Jason. 

So long as it's not a Ewan....

Edited by WheatfieldWarrior