HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME

Zander Clark St Johnstone, Goalkeeper only 26 years old brilliant season he has had at St Johnstone, by far the best GK in the league most saves most clean sheets was outstanding at the weekend against Celtic. I feel Zlamal & Doyle are back up keepers at best and that’s really the only position we have lacked this season I would love us to make an investement in the summer similar to what we have done with Souttar.

Just my opinion if we can keep the current squad together and add a solid GK like Clark I honestly feel we can make a real push for top 3 next season. 

Far superior to the two we have at the moment. Doyle puts the fear into me that I havent felt since Nelson......(don’t include Kurskis as he wasn’t really a No 1)

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME
1 minute ago, goldie83 said:

Far superior to the two we have at the moment. Doyle puts the fear into me that I havent felt since Nelson......(don’t include Kurskis as he wasn’t really a No 1)

9 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Been telling anyone who will listen that he's been the best goalie in the league for the last couple of seasons.

Totally agree with both posts. It’s not that Doyle has made many mistakes... It’s just he’s an accident waiting to happen constantly spilling balls and coming flying out at corners. Clark would be an incredible bit of business if possible Scotland number 1 within 2-3 years mark my words.

Certainly need a keeper. Seen enough of Doyle now to know he's nowhere near good enough. Bobby unfortunately is a brain fart away from conceding in most games although having seen them both play a similar amount of games now I actually advocate sticking him back in. 

Unfortunately I think we'll have missed an opportunity with Clark. He'll be going to either one of the gruesome twosome after this season's performance.

I trust the club will be working on this for the start of next season though. A goalkeeper capable of winning you games or at least contributing to picking up a point is paramount to a successful team. I'm sure it'll be sorted for next season's charge.

We're a coxic away from having a proper spine. ?

36 minutes ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

Totally agree with both posts. It’s not that Doyle has made many mistakes... It’s just he’s an accident waiting to happen constantly spilling balls and coming flying out at corners. Clark would be an incredible bit of business if possible Scotland number 1 within 2-3 years mark my words.

If you look at Scottish goalkeepers coming through imo he looks head and shoulders above most. Gordon, McGregor and Marshall are all past their best and the lad Archer at Millwall makes mistakes. I would make this lad a priority if his form continues before the ugly sisters come calling.

I agree with other posters, if we could get this lad in then it would be a fantastic signing.  A top class goalie can easily be worth 10-15 points over a season.

It seems most folk passing comment re Doyle share the same view...he hasnt had much of a test as yet so unfair maybe to judge too soon but equally looks less than comfortable with commanding his area and dealing with cross balls...we seen how much a good reliable quality GK feeds the confidence of the back line when we had Big Jon last year...would be a real statement of intent if the management recognised this in the summer and acted accordingly...as others have said we may have missed the boat here re ZC's profile now, but you never know.... ?

scott herbertson
3 hours ago, lsimp77 said:

If Sunderland don’t get promoted I’d do anything to try and get McLaughlin back. Best keeper since Gordon imo. 

Would be great but I’d imagine he is on big money there, unfortunately

Don't think he is much better than Doyle anyway. Clarks handing of crosses is poor sometimes and kicking ain't great. Plus Doyle's getting picked for the republic of Ireland squad and they must see something in him.

1 minute ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Totally agree he’s for me the best in the league and would love to see us make a move to bring him to Tynie. 

McGregor, Lewis, Gordon and Bain are all better imo.

Doyle can't catch it, every time a cross goes near him I'm squirming, he misjudged a couple on Friday that sailed dangerously over his head, he has got solid hands when a shot is fired in to him but he gives me the fear as does Zlamal, a keeper is a must for next season.

4 hours ago, goldie83 said:

If you look at Scottish goalkeepers coming through imo he looks head and shoulders above most. Gordon, McGregor and Marshall are all past their best and the lad Archer at Millwall makes mistakes. I would make this lad a priority if his form continues before the ugly sisters come calling.

I wouldn't say McGregor is past his best, he's still a brilliant keeper and easily the best Scottish keeper around.

4 hours ago, lsimp77 said:

If Sunderland don’t get promoted I’d do anything to try and get McLaughlin back. Best keeper since Gordon imo. 

Didn't want to stay or play for us. We took him when he was injured and proceeded to show no loyalty in return to the club.

Good keeper but.

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Really bad with his feet. Only negative I have

This both with the ball and his footwork across the goal. Might be having a purple patch of a season and being bummed up by the papers but  really don’t think he’s all that good to be honest. 

joondalupjambo

Cannot see CL ever wanting to pay, or have the money to pay, another SPL side for their goalkeeper, would need to wait until they were out of contract.  He might consider Gordon if he got out of his Celtic contract and wanted to end his career at Hearts for little dough but that is not ideal given his age. 

I would have thought unearthing another keeper from the thousands out there would be his tactic assuming he thinks he needs one.  Ok perhaps Bobby and Doyle not perfect but they will be fine for this season in my view.

6 hours ago, JyTees said:

Certainly need a keeper. Seen enough of Doyle now to know he's nowhere near good enough. Bobby unfortunately is a brain fart away from conceding in most games although having seen them both play a similar amount of games now I actually advocate sticking him back in. 

Unfortunately I think we'll have missed an opportunity with Clark. He'll be going to either one of the gruesome twosome after this season's performance.

I trust the club will be working on this for the start of next season though. A goalkeeper capable of winning you games or at least contributing to picking up a point is paramount to a successful team. I'm sure it'll be sorted for next season's charge.

We're a coxic away from having a proper spine. ?

I thought Doyle would maybe have got more credit for the save in the Olly Lee Edinburgh Derby. It was our first clean sheet at Easter Road since the Ryan Stevenson Edinburgh Derby and it was largely down to that excellent finger tip save by Doyle. 

Jamboscanbevicius

Unfortunately, as often happens with SPFL players, I think he’ll get a move south this summer. With a year left on his contract St J will want to cash in, and we can’t compete with English Championship money either for fee or wages!

55 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I thought Doyle would maybe have got more credit for the save in the Olly Lee Edinburgh Derby. It was our first clean sheet at Easter Road since the Ryan Stevenson Edinburgh Derby and it was largely down to that excellent finger tip save by Doyle. 

Yup, he's made one blinding fingertip save that night and was pretty assured for the rest of that game.

I personally thought that he did in fact, get all due credit for his performance at Easter Road.

It's the flapping at crosses and some of his decision making for cross balls in general that seem to put the fear into many.

If that doesn't improve soon it's going to cost us.

Edited by Busby8

31 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Unfortunately, as often happens with SPFL players, I think he’ll get a move south this summer. With a year left on his contract St J will want to cash in, and we can’t compete with English Championship money either for fee or wages!

I may be wrong but he's settled up her with his fiance and planning a wedding, I imagine he would want to stay in Scotland, unless an unbelievable offer came in. 

31 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

If we’re buying a Kerr from St Johnstone then I’d rather have Jason. 

He just signed a new contract. Was available on a pre-contract until then.

38 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

Yup, he's made one blinding fingertip save that night and was pretty assured for the rest of that game.

I personally thought that he did in fact, get all due credit for his performance at Easter Road.

It's the flapping at crosses and some of his decision making for cross balls in general that seem to put the fear into many.

If that doesn't improve soon it's going to cost us.

Also worth adding that he has kept 4 clean sheets in 7 appearances, potentially 5 if Berra hadn't conceded the penalty. I agree to an extent regarding his catching but I think he has looked solid for more crosses he has come for than not.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

He has done well. Think he is a solid SPFL keeper but not for a significant chunk of budget. English reserve leagues if scouted well will turn up a gem.

He made more goalkeeping errors in the game against us than Doyle has. Looks a really good shot stopper, but handling is very poor. 

Think he would be a decent signing but I think a lot of the criticism of Doyle is harsh.

I’m fine with being patient with Doyle. You’d think folk (me included) would have learned their lesson this season after Clare. How come the same patience isn’t being shown towards our goalkeeper? He’s already had a derby winning save and looks pretty solid for the most part. 

I'm sure if CL had thought he was that good he would have been after him long before now.  I seem to recollect he played for QoS in our Championship season when Zeefuik scored the winner.  He would have been available on Freedom of Contract before he signed his current deal.

Bazzas right boot

I'd have a look at that Foderingham from Rangers. 

He'd be in front of anyone in the league apart from the guy he's behind currently. 

Money could be an issue ofc. 

Yep agree, a good keeper. 

Even though Doyle has done ok, (as has Zlamal for the most part), both are partial to brainfarts, although Doyle has “gotten away” with a few shite kicks and cross balls he has come for and missed. 

If we’re building a strong team we need a long term option in the nets. 

Clark and the Livi boy are decent but I’m sure there are others.

Is Doyle’s contract not up at the end of the season? 

1 hour ago, Zaba said:

...what?

1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

Nah, he’s pish

1 hour ago, johnthomas said:

Drink or drugs ?

image.jpg

chester copperpot
4 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Out of principle I’d never sign anyone called Zander

Agreed.

I have a boss called Zander and he's a complete Zoomer who doesn't have a scooby doo about football. 

Vlad the impaler

I quite like the look of the Killie keeper Bachmann,on loan from Watford I think. Good presence about him and keeping McDonald out the team