What do Hearts need?

dougiejt

5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t think ever will ever have everyone fit, I can’t remember the last time it happened but it’s not since we came out of administration . Whatever the reason it just doesn’t happen. I’m sure the Hibs fans are revolting too, doesn’t help us.

Great post.  Our injury/suspension issues going into that first derby in Oct were extreme, but we can’t use this as an excuse constantly.  I keep hearing folk bash on about us having everyone fit and playable, but in relative terms name one team in this league who at any point post August can admit to having all their players available?   During that run from Oct to Dec, most teams we played were missing key men (the Killie game sticks out in my mind).  That wasn’t even Dundee’s strongest 11 on Wed night.

1. The whole squad lacks pace.

2. There is no real threat from wide areas (apart from Callumn Morrison).

We need two wingers in addition to Callumn Morrison. However - Levein doesn't do two wingers or pace so i'll just fantasise about it. 

bringonthesevco

The same thing we’ve needed for years - a decent attacking midfielder that can provide a bit of a spark and a decent wide player capable of crossing a ball ....

other required improvements GK etc can wait ....

If Craig were to go i think it is essential he stays at the club.

Even if he doesn't cut it at the level we desire as manager he is still very much Mr Hearts and does essential work behind the scenes.

No more wholesale squad changes. As much as we want immediate success, Real long lasting success has to be built gradually with patience. 

INNERLEITHEN HMFC 1874

The fact we are having this debate means in my opinion it is time for a change.

2 years on from the cathro debacle here we are again doing the same thing.

As the post above says he chops and changes to often and if we have to depend

one man then we are in trouble.Any way tomorrows another day.HHGH

Edited by INNERLEITHEN HMFC 1874

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

I'll be serious for once:

1. Craig Levein in charge of the youth system and nothing else

2. An end to the absolute nonsense of promoting coaches from within

3. Players who actually have a modicum of professional pride

Despite the order, I feel number 3 is the most important and yet the most unlikely to be dealt with.

If we don't progress this season then I'd go with this. 

However, the season is still very much alive and we have allot to play for, so any changes wait for the summer. 

If we end up 4th or above then we go again next season under Craig. 

Folk seem to have written this season off already, but question the players fight, spirit and pride?

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, INNERLEITHEN HMFC 1874 said:

The fact we are having this debate means in my opinion it is time for a change.

2 years on from the cathro debacle here we are again doing the same thing.

As the post above says he chops and changes to often and if we have to depend

one man then we are in trouble.Any way tomorrows another day.HHGH

Tbf, we had this debate under Robbie. 

We won the championship, finished 3rd and were in about 2nd and this debate was going on. 

I don't think whether or not it is being debated on here is a good barometer of the seriousness of the issue. 

In fact, we've (certain posters) have never stopped discussing replacing the manager since Robbie was here. 

underwaterwoodwelder

a backbone

a manager who isn't defensive minded first all the time.

playsrs that turn up not only for big games.

can go on and on.

I think the qualities of our top players have covered up the poor performance of our coaches.

Our results with/without Naismith prove that it's all about who is on the park rather than what system we play.

When we are without Naismith we can't set up our team to win games and have a points average of a bottom 6 team.

There are teams above us in the league with no Steven Naismiths and with half our budget.

Things are becoming clearer by the game.

We have shit wide players. 

Our only creative player is on loan, injury prone and loves a suspension.

Better luck with fewer injuries to the players we can least afford to lose.

CL has failed to address the first 2 of those and his 2nd transfer window of the season is close to ending. If we get through this window, sign no-one and we fail to improve then we need a new manager.

He's had enough time.

• redm changed the title to What do Hearts need?

Levein was asked at the time of all the injuries if he wanted to sign any out of contract players to see us through but he stated that the players he had were more than capable of keeping the good run going!! Hindsight is a wonderful thing!!

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Great post.  Our injury/suspension issues going into that first derby in Oct were extreme, but we can’t use this as an excuse constantly.  I keep hearing folk bash on about us having everyone fit and playable, but in relative terms name one team in this league who at any point post August can admit to having all their players available?   During that run from Oct to Dec, most teams we played were missing key men (the Killie game sticks out in my mind).  That wasn’t even Dundee’s strongest 11 on Wed night.

Part of it is the modern game but we seem to have slightly more than average unfortunately.

19 hours ago, TDF01 said:

A manager who doesn’t use dinosaur tactics, a manager who sticks with the same team each week and playing players in their natural position, a manager who changes tactics during a match when needed, and a manager who can out smart bottom of the table opposition when playing at home with a much superior squad of players.

Spot on you should forward to Mrs Budge

Whoever said Houston is bang on the button. Not sure where he'd fit in but needs to be done. Current performances are lacklustre to say the least. Motivating players is a core job of any coach. These players do not look motivated. 

Would like to see two experienced wingers (for creativity) and a no nonsense ball winner to do the dirty work sitting in front of the defence

Pasquale for King
18 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

If we don't progress this season then I'd go with this. 

However, the season is still very much alive and we have allot to play for, so any changes wait for the summer. 

If we end up 4th or above then we go again next season under Craig. 

Folk seem to have written this season off already, but question the players fight, spirit and pride?

Surely those who question the players fight/spirit and fight have written this season off because they lack these qualities? We have four huge games coming up for CL and the club, let’s see where we are after those. 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Surely those who question the players fight/spirit and fight have written this season off because they lack these qualities? We have four huge games coming up for CL and the club, let’s see where we are after those. 

Or they're just moaning faced gits who don't have the quality's themselves and give up when the going gets a little tough, the very same qualities they demand of the team and moan about  them when they think they go missing. 

Irony, eh? 

Bazzas right boot
14 hours ago, OTT said:

Whoever said Houston is bang on the button. Not sure where he'd fit in but needs to be done. Current performances are lacklustre to say the least. Motivating players is a core job of any coach. These players do not look motivated. 

Look motivated v hibs three weeks ago and v livi in the cup?