Emiliano Sala (NHC) - merged

Hampden Demolition

1 minute ago, OTT said:

Jesus... its a horrible blessing but I hope it brings both families some sort of comfort. 

Knowing they didn't suffer or have that horrible panic hopefully helps. The owner should get nailed to the ****ing floor. 

Without meaning to drag the thread down, you can only hope that Sala passed out first. The idea of being in a plane without a conscious pilot doesn't thrill me as a passenger.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Cruyff Turn

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Unknown user

So a poorly maintained plane with a front mounted engine leaking harmful fumes into the cockpit...

Can see how this flight was all achieved on the cheap.

Maroon Sailor
29 minutes ago, Cygnet said:

Have they found the pilots body yet? 

27 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Not yet. 

25 minutes ago, Cygnet said:

Interesting. 🧐

The plane was more or less intact when they recovered it wasn't it ?

5 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

The plane was more or less intact when they recovered it wasn't it ?

Yes, with Sala still in his seat. I’d have thought that’s where they’d have found the pilot too considering the seatbelts or at the very least his body would have washed up somewhere by now. 

This investigation will go all the way to the plane's manufacturer in Florida as well as the local maintenance crews or any other intermediary who may have carried out any modifications or repairs.

Could be some questions about why a Carbon Monoxide monitor wasn't installed in the cabin too especially since they're so cheap nowadays that most of us have them in our homes near gas heating boilers or similar devices.  

Benny Factor
32 minutes ago, Cygnet said:

Yes, with Sala still in his seat. I’d have thought that’s where they’d have found the pilot too considering the seatbelts or at the very least his body would have washed up somewhere by now. 

I still reckon the pilot bailed when the plane got into trouble. There's no other logical explanation as to why his body wasn't found still in his seat. 

I don't think the pilot bailed, but if he was suffering the effects of oxygen loss/carbon monoxide poisoning he may have acted erratically/irrationally in the last minutes of the flight. By all accounts the plane made a few inexplicable turns and altitude changes before it plunged. He probably released his seat belt, but I don't buy him trying to bail out as that would need a degree of logical thinking when that capacity had been lost. 

It's an awful accident, but for as much as that pilot shouldn't have been doing the job, it looks like it wasn't pilot error that brought the plane down. He can't be the scapegoat for the real guilty parties. 

Edited by blairdin

Scnorthedinburgh
3 minutes ago, blairdin said:

I don't think the pilot bailed, but if he was suffering the effects of oxygen loss/carbon monoxide poisoning he may have acted erratically/irrationally in the last minutes of the flight. By all accounts the plane made a few inexplicable turns and altitude changes before it plunged. He probably released his seat belt, but I don't buy him trying to bail out as that would need a degree of logical thinking when that capacity had been lost. 

It's an awful accident, but for as much as that pilot shouldn't have been doing the job, it looks like it wasn't pilot error that brought the plane down. He can't be the scapegoat for the real guilty parties. 

Would also involve him having a parachute on and his passenger not asking where his was.

maroonsgotop
12 hours ago, kila said:

So a poorly maintained plane with a front mounted engine leaking harmful fumes into the cockpit...

Can see how this flight was all achieved on the cheap.

may have leaked from an onboard heater

• 1 month later...
54 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Cardiff ordered to pay first instalment to Nantes £5.3m.

Next installment due in January which they must presumably pay too.

Hope they didn't spend their parachute payment from the EPL.

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, frankblack said:

It’s a sad state of affairs.

19 minutes ago, frankblack said:

And a slightly unfortunate choice of words.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Pretty sad that a guy is dead and two football clubs are arguing over money.

However in the real world if you don't have the money or are struggling for money what do you do ?

Cardiff are looking after their interests and the French club theirs

It seems from all of this that Cardiff had not insured Sala after the signing and it was on a to do list and another example of poor organisation over the whole deal

Of course the bigger tragedy is the players death and that of the pilot but Cardiff lost out on the player they were banking on for survival and now have the fee to pay

I think this will hit them badly hence the fight over the fee and responsibility

13 hours ago, CJGJ said:

However in the real world if you don't have the money or are struggling for money what do you do ?

Cardiff are looking after their interests and the French club theirs

It seems from all of this that Cardiff had not insured Sala after the signing and it was on a to do list and another example of poor organisation over the whole deal

Of course the bigger tragedy is the players death and that of the pilot but Cardiff lost out on the player they were banking on for survival and now have the fee to pay

I think this will hit them badly hence the fight over the fee and responsibility

You sell assets. 

19 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

FIFA have given their full findings and reasons for decision to force Cardiff to pay up

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50288398

If there believe that the transfer was completed, and that is why Cardiff should pay up, why the first instalment only?   

I would have thought it should be all or nothing. 

40 minutes ago, Paolo said:

If there believe that the transfer was completed, and that is why Cardiff should pay up, why the first instalment only?   

I would have thought it should be all or nothing. 

The second payment not due yet so if Cardiff exhaust all options and still required to pay then they will have to pay the other installments  when they fall due

• 4 months later...
On 20/06/2019 at 07:34, maroonsgotop said:

Daily Mail reporting the arrested person was pilot David Henderson who should have been flying the plane but had arranged for someone else (Ibbotson) to fly instead. Ibbotson of course was not qualified to fly the plane on the ill fated flight. 

NO charges 

On 20/06/2019 at 07:34, maroonsgotop said:

Daily Mail reporting the arrested person was pilot David Henderson who should have been flying the plane but had arranged for someone else (Ibbotson) to fly instead. Ibbotson of course was not qualified to fly the plane on the ill fated flight. 

No charges 

Салатные палочки
3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

As expected

Mental. Why the hell would you get into a cockpit and think "well I've never flown at night and I don't understand the instruments but I think we'll be okay". Incredible. Suicidal. 

Maybe his judgment was affected by the fee he was promised?

What I don't get is why were they using this form of transport anyway?  Sala could have got the train from France to Wales.

In that case, hasn't the agent then created a "master and servant" relationship which makes him ultimately responsible?

RustyRightPeg
23 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

Maybe his judgment was affected by the fee he was promised?

What I don't get is why were they using this form of transport anyway?  Sala could have got the train from France to Wales.

Cardiff has arranged a commercial flight for him  too but he refused and elected to fly privately. 

A travesty all round. 

• 2 years later...
Emiliano Sala Sala had signed for Premier League Cardiff for £15m

French side Nice have condemned a section of their own supporters for a chant mocking the late Emiliano Sala.

Sala, 28, died when the plane he was flying in crashed in the English Channel in January 2019 as he was about to join Cardiff City from Nantes.

Nice lost the French Cup final 1-0 to Nantes on Saturday and the chant was heard as Nice faced Saint-Etienne in Ligue 1 on Wednesday night.

Nice said it condemned the chant "in the strongest possible sense".

"The club does not recognise its values or those of the entire red-and-black family in this unthinkable and abject provocation by a minority of its supporters," read a statement.

"Nice sends its support to the family and friends of Emiliano Sala."

After the match Nice coach Christophe Galtier added: "I have no words to describe what we heard. We hear many things in a football stadium. But that - where do insults of a dead footballer come from? If that's our society, we're in trouble."

On 22/01/2019 at 11:17, Sexton Hardcastle said:

"I wouldn't say it's dead in the water, but it's highly unlikely at the moment."

Neil Warnock is far from optimistic about clinching a deal for Nantes striker Emiliano Sala but says he is close to securing one January signing.

On 22/01/2019 at 11:21, rudi must stay said:

Made me laugh :thumbsup:

And this is in a similar vein.

rudi must stay
22 hours ago, Morgan said:

And this is in a similar vein.

See Nantes won the French Cup. I saw them on BT Sport a few nights ago 

• 1 year later...
On 14/03/2020 at 18:18, RustyRightPeg said:

Cardiff had arranged a commercial flight for him  too but he refused and elected to fly privately. 

A travesty all round. 

Finally Cardiff say Nantes arranged the flight on which he died.

davemclaren
15 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

All a bit of a mess. 

DesertDawg
3 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

Never did find the pilots body as far as I am aware? 

I believe that's correct.  Sala's death was due to inhalation of carbon monoxide if I remember right.  

Spellczech
3 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

He was that unprofessional, he probably wasn't even strapped in...

5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

All a bit sad that this is still going on. 2 football clubs squabbling over who should pay the other one millions, meanwhile the poor family lost a loved one.

4 minutes ago, Locky said:

All a bit sad that this is still going on. 2 football clubs squabbling over who should pay the other one millions, meanwhile the poor family lost a loved one.

Agree. Don't really see the reason for making this public. Cardiff needing to justify themselves now no longer near Premiership.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Agree. Don't really see the reason for making this public. Cardiff needing to justify themselves now no longer near Premiership.

I understood a little bit the argument about whether Cardiff should've paid up the rest of the cash for a player they never received, but it's dragged on a hell of a lot and doesn't sit right with me. Arguing about money and treating Sala as if he's an object. Poor guy.

4 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

The crash could have well ripped his body clean out the fuselage if he wasn't wearing a seat belt. As soon as that happened, in that depth of water, you were never finding a body. Only reason they found Sala was because he was trapped inside the wreckage (with the oceans natural way of dealing with things well under way).

CF11JamTart
6 minutes ago, Locky said:

I understood a little bit the argument about whether Cardiff should've paid up the rest of the cash for a player they never received, but it's dragged on a hell of a lot and doesn't sit right with me. Arguing about money and treating Sala as if he's an object. Poor guy.

This 100 million claim really doesn’t sit well with me. 

It's a tragedy for the guy's family. 

And scrambling about with claims feels really tawdry. Completely lacking in respectfulness and class. 

Maybe City wouldn't have got relegated had he survived the journey and played for them. Who knows. 

But it was a very murky set-up with flights in the grey market, for want of a better phrase. 

The podcast on BBC sounds app is very good. 

All very sad. 

And Willie Mackay seems like a wee weasel.