• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• letsalldothebeattie

• Mikey1874

• Auchinleckian

• Jambo 4 Ever

1 hour ago, graygo said:

A replay would be at 2pm on a Wednesday?

That's mental and shows absolutely zero thoughts for the supporters.

I'm not surprised.

Surely a Saturday then.

Won't happen. But bizarre.

1 hour ago, graygo said:

I'm not surprised.

Would you cancel a league match then ?

Lets not get an image of thinking somehow  they are not worthy of being in the competition

They don't have floodlights so what

Just now, CJGJ said:

Lets not get an image of thinking somehow  they are not worthy of being in the competition

Then as a condition of entry to a competition that has replays on a weekday evening it should be a requirement to have them.

Maybe we could have swapped one of the league matches with any replay although probably too short notice.

I was at a  Talbot  v Queen of the South cup game  3 or 4 years ago. QOS won but there wasn't much between the sides. There isn't much between the  top junior sides and League 1 in Scotland, as we know having struggled to see them off a few years ago. Also Ayr are a decent side and look what happened to them.

Having said that we should beat them by 4 or 5 goals but credit where it's due.

Controversial maybe but I don't think Junior sides, no matter how good they are should be allowed to enter the Scottish Cup.

They have their own version of this tournament.

18 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

It is normal to play games on a Saturday if necessary. Say the home team doesn't have floodlights. Maybe Rugby Park at night would be the venue. 

38 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It is normal to play games on a Saturday if necessary. Say the home team doesn't have floodlights. Maybe Rugby Park at night would be the venue. 

Remember a replay at Firhill on a midweek afternoon during the three day week in the 70’s. 

Sure we won 4-1. 

portobellojambo1

Would it not make more sense to possibly take the game to Somerset Park in Ayr or 5 minutes along the road to Cumnock Juniors ground which does have floodlights.

Edited by portobellojambo1

2 hours ago, graygo said:

I'm not surprised.

I would have thought they might want to play at Somerset or Rugby Park to make some more money?

stranraer-jambo
16 minutes ago, been here before said:

I could make that. Whats the parking like?

A local coach operator was telling me of the time he took Stranraer supporters to Auchinleck for a replay a few years ago. 

He dropped them off and asked the policeman where the best place was to park. 

As far away from the town as possible, was the reply. 

19 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Remember a replay at Firhill on a midweek afternoon during the three day week in the 70’s. 

Sure we won 4-1. 

In the afternoon as they couldn,t use the floodlights due to the miners strike.

Салатные палочки

They won 7-0 didn't they? Clearly no mugs but I'm hoping we stick at least 4 past them. 

15 minutes ago, stranraer-jambo said:

A local coach operator was telling me of the time he took Stranraer supporters to Auchinleck for a replay a few years ago. 

He dropped them off and asked the policeman where the best place was to park. 

As far away from the town as possible, was the reply. 

Not unheard of for the locals to tan the windows of visiting supporters buses, certainly happened v Lithgae Rose in the past.

Салатные палочки
14 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Not unheard of for the locals to tan the windows of visiting supporters buses, certainly happened v Lithgae Rose in the past.

I remember in the '98 Junior Cup, my local team, Neilston Juniors, drew Talbot in the round prior to the quarters. This was before the super league so to draw an Ayrshire side was a big thing, especially arguably the most successful junior side in Scotland.  They brought big numbers, including old guys, hard looking casual types and their young team. Thankfully we had a big enough young team of our own there. 

They swaggered past us at half time to the pie stall, with a big, baldy, ugly ******* at the front. One of the more mental YT jumps in front of him and shouts "HEEYY YOOOUUU GUUUUUUYYYS", queue absolute carnage, shitting it and laughing at the same time as the more mental ones got to tore in. 

Neilston won 1-0 thanks to a peach of a goal from a guy called Paul Green, who played for Scotland at Junior level. After it there was fights kicking off all over the pitch. The police were there in considerable numbers and moved us all away from the main street to let the Talbot busses leave. 

Great day that. But unfortunately I missed the 4-2 comeback at Fir Park for it. 

If Talbot bring 2,000+ fans then it's a bigger away support than most SPL teams.

I think we should manage 14k plus for this.

Portable Badger
4 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

Can't be right, surely? 

Is that a holiday  period or summat?

Double Maths period for some on here !!!

...a bit disco
1 hour ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

:lol:

The worst thing about the replay being at 2pm is the thought of having to get the train from Glasgow to Edinburgh during rush hour after the game.

Folk raging over the replay time, guy on a Hearts Facebook page honestly losing his sh1t about it.

If we require a replay then we deserve to play it on the Moon at midnight.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

Folk raging over the replay time, guy on a Hearts Facebook page honestly losing his sh1t about it.

:lol:

The correct answer.

Logistically the default solution. 

They would have earned the right to play it to suit them in any case 

Genuinely laughed at this post.

Aye but it would still be light eh !

IMG_1316.JPG.dc5a7a0c9bb538e46e93c7f0375cd2dd.JPG

12 hours ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

The ones that were held back won’t be fussed, too used to skipping school. 

1 minute ago, Boab said:

Aye but it would still be light eh !

IMG_1316.JPG.dc5a7a0c9bb538e46e93c7f0375cd2dd.JPG

Very light. Suit the hoofball type game. 

“Lovely through pass from souttar to Naismith, just hope it comes down in time for the first half ending.” 

6 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Haha.  Very funny but also true.

6 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Wont be much atmosphere there then.

7 hours ago, Armageddon said:

By the light of the silvery moon?

Ah, in the highly unlikely we need a replay I've no real issue with the game being on at 2pm on Wednesday. Yes, it's not great for those of us who have to work - although how many would get tickets anyway? Beechwood Park only holds 4,000. Having a top flight team having to travel to non-league ground at 2pm on Wednesday afternoon for a replay, adds a little romance to the cup in my opinion - how often does this sort of thing happen (and it probably won't)? 

I P Knightley
13 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

Ah, in the highly unlikely we need a replay I've no real issue with the game being on at 2pm on Wednesday. Yes, it's not great for those of us who have to work - although how many would get tickets anyway? Beechwood Park only holds 4,000. Having a top flight team having to travel to non-league ground at 2pm on Wednesday afternoon for a replay, adds a little romance to the cup in my opinion - how often does this sort of thing happen (and it probably won't)? 

"Probably"??

You've jinxed it now.

It won't happen.

mainstandjambo
51 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

what's the dot count for this one.

I will do a full count tomorrow. At the moment between Main and Wheatfield Stands there are currently just over 3500 left.

12 minutes ago, mainstandjambo said:

I will do a full count tomorrow. At the moment between Main and Wheatfield Stands there are currently just over 3500 left.

That would be about 8,500 sold between the two plus the Gorgie and 2.500 away fans. Could be 13,000 to14,000 there. 

1 hour ago, Rudolf said:

That would be about 8,500 sold between the two plus the Gorgie and 2.500 away fans. Could be 13,000 to14,000 there. 

Gorgie stand has very few sales yesterday 

10 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Gorgie stand has very few sales yesterday 

Still 1,500 or so sold there though. 

That would take total sales, including away fans, to about 12,500 with 5 days to the game. 

Auchinleckian
23 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

I was at a  Talbot  v Queen of the South cup game  3 or 4 years ago. QOS won but there wasn't much between the sides. There isn't much between the  top junior sides and League 1 in Scotland, as we know having struggled to see them off a few years ago. Also Ayr are a decent side and look what happened to them.

Having said that we should beat them by 4 or 5 goals but credit where it's due.

We've never met QOTS in the Scottish Cup.

Auchinleckian
23 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

When we met in 2011-12 we were advised that should the game go to a replay it would have to be played at Rugby Park, because of our lack of floodlights. Now we're told we could not have a replay there, hence the potential for the 2pm Wednesday kick off which is utter madness. Were it to happen the amount of sickies going in would be phenomenal.

avhudtheteeshirt

Great news to hear Levein saying that Uche should be ready for Sundays game!!!!

We have missed his hustling of centre backs!!!!

Auchinleckian
2 hours ago, Toggie88 said:

We hold 3,500 but had to give up parts of the terracing for tv cameras against Ayr to limit the attendance to 3,100, which wouldn't be an issue for a crazy midweek replay