The Auchinleck game

letsalldothebeattie

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

This is that game. Pretty full, and not sure if more still to come in. 

IMG_20190121_150823.jpg

Only about two thirds full which equates to just over 2k which is what they brought. They have fewer fans today than they did then so I’d be surprised f they get above 2k. 

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• letsalldothebeattie

• Mikey1874

• Auchinleckian

• Jambo 4 Ever

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

I think Rangers and Celtic will still get other games televised. 

The rule is about limit to number of home league games. 

Okay.

13 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Only about two thirds full which equates to just over 2k which is what they brought. They have fewer fans today than they did then so I’d be surprised f they get above 2k. 

How do you know they have less fans now?

18 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Disagree. If admission prices are reduced then so should loyalty points. If it’s £10 a ticket and five  lp’s lots will buy them whether they intend going along or not. . Why wouldn’t you?

Still a win-win as the club will get money out of it.  Could always put a limit of 4 tickets per person too

CornhillHearts
2 hours ago, maroon said:

Impressive, the game gordon smith scored.

Now in australia coaching with another ex jambo liam henderson

Liam Henderson plays for Edinburgh City

1 hour ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

The attendance on Saturday was 3,100. How many did Ayr take? 

Talbot allocation was 1700...!

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

All junior football is struggling. Many of the east region teams have gone senior, resulting in less interest, sponsorship and following for junior football. Scottish junior cup is really now the west of Scotland junior cup. Days are numbered. 

8 hours ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

I still think they should offer lots more as it would be an incentive to those who can’t decide to go or not - and will help those of us who do go, to get a ticket for any bigger game later in season.

i have contacted the club to share my thoughts so we shall see 

More people will attend if they have the option of sitting in their usual seat. More seats are purchased early and you can use your ST card and avoid postage charges, and the club dont have to print tickets. It's a no brainer. Pay attention please Ann.....!!

1 hour ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

The attendance on Saturday was 3,100. How many did Ayr take? 

No idea how many Ayr took but looked a decent number on tv. Was played in Talbots back garden. Different deal for them if they have to travel 50-60 miles. Would be surprised if it’s more than 2k esp if on tv 

38 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

All junior football is struggling. Many of the east region teams have gone senior, resulting in less interest, sponsorship and following for junior football. Scottish junior cup is really now the west of Scotland junior cup. Days are numbered. 

Talbot haven't lost any fans. I'd expect more to come than to your last match. The East departures have affected the East but not the West. 

Talbot are as well and professionally-run as any lower-league Spiffle side. When the summarisers on BBC Scotland Old Firm on the live coverage were predicting that Talbot would tire v Ayr, I knew they knew nothing. They're as fit as any championship team.

You'll beat them, but it won't be a rout. I'd say 2-0, or 1-0 if their keeper has a good day (he really should be playing for a bigger club).

I'm no fan of Auchinleck and one of my worst fitba experiences was in the 2-leg Junior Cup semi against them in 2009. But I've watched us lose to them often since. So I know how good they are.

Their supporters are perhaps not the most sophisticated, but bear in mind their village is like a Midlothian mning village - it doesn't really have a purpose any more, and unlike Midlothian, they're in the middle of nowhere. They have a big Tesco but it probably sells banjos.

Auchinleckian

It's been seven years and I note the talk is still about banjo playing inbreds etc. It's so good to be back among the football intelligentsia, we've really missed it.

How many will we bring to Tynecastle? Don't know but think it will be more than 2011-12, when we had approximately 2,700 in attendance. The photo showing the stand, apparently 2/3 empty, doesn't have any players on it which indicates to me it was taken pre match.

Has our support dwindled away? Not that you'd notice, and I suppose our normal attendance is about the 450 to 500 mark, but we have the ability to pull in the numbers for one off games such as this and Junior Cup Finals. I think we'll have 3,000 at the game. The last match was just after the New Year when money was tight. This time it's different and it's a much bigger game for us of course as we're potentially only three games away from Europe. We might have made Europe last time around had it not been for the wang eyed linesman wrongly judging Gordon Pope's injury time equaliser offside.

Pricing for the game? We charged £15 and £10 concession for the Ayr game and sold out within a couple of days. If the clubs agree a £20 entrance fee I doubt it'll put our travelling support off as it's a day out for us bumpkin types, seeing the big city sights an aw that. Think there may be quite a few Hearts fans genuinely interested to see how we compare now to 2011-12, especially the many hundreds who stayed behind to applaud us off the pitch. We expect to get beat, but there's always that wee flicker of hope that says "maybe" Many of us, especially those like myself who took advantage of the very generous 14/1 odds we were quoted from Paddy Power and BET 365 to beat Ayr, will no doubt be slipping a few bob on the even more generous odds given us at Tynecastle.

One things for sure, we'll generate atmosphere at Tynecastle something very sadly lacking in your game vs Livingston. There's probably only the Old Firm, Hibs and Aberdeen who would take more?

When the draw was made most of us felt "not again" we wanted a different ground to go to, but now it's a case of unfinished business, which I hope gives the game a genuine edge to it. Really looking forward to it now and savouring the over priced pre match swally.

Fxxx the SPFL
7 minutes ago, Auchinleckian said:

It's been seven years and I note the talk is still about banjo playing inbreds etc. It's so good to be back among the football intelligentsia, we've really missed it.

How many will we bring to Tynecastle? Don't know but think it will be more than 2011-12, when we had approximately 2,700 in attendance. The photo showing the stand, apparently 2/3 empty, doesn't have any players on it which indicates to me it was taken pre match.

Has our support dwindled away? Not that you'd notice, and I suppose our normal attendance is about the 450 to 500 mark, but we have the ability to pull in the numbers for one off games such as this and Junior Cup Finals. I think we'll have 3,000 at the game. The last match was just after the New Year when money was tight. This time it's different and it's a much bigger game for us of course as we're potentially only three games away from Europe. We might have made Europe last time around had it not been for the wang eyed linesman wrongly judging Gordon Pope's injury time equaliser offside.

Pricing for the game? We charged £15 and £10 concession for the Ayr game and sold out within a couple of days. If the clubs agree a £20 entrance fee I doubt it'll put our travelling support off as it's a day out for us bumpkin types, seeing the big city sights an aw that. Think there may be quite a few Hearts fans genuinely interested to see how we compare now to 2011-12, especially the many hundreds who stayed behind to applaud us off the pitch. We expect to get beat, but there's always that wee flicker of hope that says "maybe" Many of us, especially those like myself who took advantage of the very generous 14/1 odds we were quoted from Paddy Power and BET 365 to beat Ayr, will no doubt be slipping a few bob on the even more generous odds given us at Tynecastle.

One things for sure, we'll generate atmosphere at Tynecastle something very sadly lacking in your game vs Livingston. There's probably only the Old Firm, Hibs and Aberdeen who would take more?

When the draw was made most of us felt "not again" we wanted a different ground to go to, but now it's a case of unfinished business, which I hope gives the game a genuine edge to it. Really looking forward to it now and savouring the over priced pre match swally.

The banjo playing bit quoted in the post is from one of your junior buddies not a jambo. Always good to have a bit of banter anyway I hope you enjoy your day out in auld reekie except for the football I think we will win a bit easier this time and yes your correct the goal was onside. We will play a stronger team this time round the bigger the crowd the more money for both teams .

10 minutes ago, Auchinleckian said:

You seem to have a bit of an attitude m8 . 

You're first point isn't really a representation of most Hearts fans opinions of you guys , but no doubt there will be a few on here ready to jump on it again . 

Should be a good day again for both sides and it really is what the Cup is about .

Cant see an upset tbh we are much stronger now , but you never know 

10 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Can’t see any reason why they would do that now. We aren’t as desperate for people through the door as we were back then. 

There won’t be ‘plenty’ of LPs available, it’s not a difficult game to attend. As it should be. 

Precisely this. Any more than 1 point for a home game in the big cup at £15 would be too many.

Auchinleckian

There's more than the one reference to inbreds etc but it's no big deal, just an introduction as last time around it was pretty horrendous.

Will Levein play a full team? Not doing so last time around nearly cost you a big embarrassment, and given the state of the league at this moment in time it would seem folly not to ensure you try your utmost to progress?

As for Talbot, we're unbeaten in our last 14 matches, winning twelve of them. The defeat to Glenafton which preceded that run was on the back of another 15 match unbeaten run in which we won 14 times, so we're currently on a streak of having lost only once in 30 games of which 26 have been won. We're as good a non league side as there is in Scotland. We're fit, and the players will perform for the full ninety minutes just like the last time around. We sit 14 points behing league leaders Hurlford but with EIGHT games in hand - due to the seven Saturdays we've played in the Scottish Cup this year. Am fairly sure that our game against you, which will be our seventh different opponent, having beaten Banks O'Dee, Wigtown, Wick, Cove Rangers, Fraserburgh and Ayr United, is a record for a Scottish non league club - and we don't want to give up easily.

We've got some excellent young players in the squad. We'll probably play the same 4-5-1 we did against Ayr - and yourselves last time around - so you'll expect a lot of possession, but maybe not too much in our 18 yard box. On Saturday, the manager bought three forwards on as substitutes with the orders that he didn't want to go to Somerset Park for a replay. We didn't. Should be a cracking game. Hope the Jambos are out in good force and in good voice to create an excellent atmosphere with us.

EEKA PEEKA and all that.

3 minutes ago, Auchinleckian said:

There's more than the one reference to inbreds etc but it's no big deal, just an introduction as last time around it was pretty horrendous.

Will Levein play a full team? Not doing so last time around nearly cost you a big embarrassment, and given the state of the league at this moment in time it would seem folly not to ensure you try your utmost to progress?

As for Talbot, we're unbeaten in our last 14 matches, winning twelve of them. The defeat to Glenafton which preceded that run was on the back of another 15 match unbeaten run in which we won 14 times, so we're currently on a streak of having lost only once in 30 games of which 26 have been won. We're as good a non league side as there is in Scotland. We're fit, and the players will perform for the full ninety minutes just like the last time around. We sit 14 points behing league leaders Hurlford but with EIGHT games in hand - due to the seven Saturdays we've played in the Scottish Cup this year. Am fairly sure that our game against you, which will be our seventh different opponent, having beaten Banks O'Dee, Wigtown, Wick, Cove Rangers, Fraserburgh and Ayr United, is a record for a Scottish non league club - and we don't want to give up easily.

We've got some excellent young players in the squad. We'll probably play the same 4-5-1 we did against Ayr - and yourselves last time around - so you'll expect a lot of possession, but maybe not too much in our 18 yard box. On Saturday, the manager bought three forwards on as substitutes with the orders that he didn't want to go to Somerset Park for a replay. We didn't. Should be a cracking game. Hope the Jambos are out in good force and in good voice to create an excellent atmosphere with us.

EEKA PEEKA and all that.

Your main gripe might be us thinking most of your fans are just half Rangers and Celtic fans. And Rangers and Celtic are hated through here. 

Dr Ian Malcolm
2 hours ago, kirkierobroy said:

Talbot haven't lost any fans. I'd expect more to come than to your last match. The East departures have affected the East but not the West. 

Talbot are as well and professionally-run as any lower-league Spiffle side. When the summarisers on BBC Scotland Old Firm on the live coverage were predicting that Talbot would tire v Ayr, I knew they knew nothing. They're as fit as any championship team.

You'll beat them, but it won't be a rout. I'd say 2-0, or 1-0 if their keeper has a good day (he really should be playing for a bigger club).

I'm no fan of Auchinleck and one of my worst fitba experiences was in the 2-leg Junior Cup semi against them in 2009. But I've watched us lose to them often since. So I know how good they are.

Their supporters are perhaps not the most sophisticated, but bear in mind their village is like a Midlothian mning village - it doesn't really have a purpose any more, and unlike Midlothian, they're in the middle of nowhere. They have a big Tesco but it probably sells banjos.

If Hearts play a strong team and perform, it absolutely will be.

7 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

See the photo posted on this thread.  They had the whole Roseburn - about 2,000 of them.

There was 1800 odd despite what our Talbot fan is claiming.

Your team should and will be respected.    Levein will play a strong side.     You might repeat the tight game again but if Hearts get a couple early on,    God help ye.   :)

1 hour ago, Auchinleckian said:

To be fair the two ambassadors you had on the BBC last Sunday didn’t do much to help dispel that image...

39 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Your team should and will be respected.    Levein will play a strong side.     You might repeat the tight game again but if Hearts get a couple early on,    God help ye.   :)

Also hopefully for Auchinleck a regular occurance.

I understand the reaction "oh not Hearts again" but Auchinleck should be looking at the Scottish Cup and certainly the quarter finals as a realistic target.

If you are set against joining the senior set up.  

Edited by Mikey1874

Who do the majority of your fans really support? Sevco or the Mhanks?

“Unfinished business” ?

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

“Unfinished business” ?

Good attitude!

That offside decision has not been forgotten. Stuff of legend it seems.

Gary Locke quoted on Sunday as saying it was definitely onside. 

4-0 Hearts (at half time) 

2 hours ago, Auchinleckian said:

EEKA PEEKA and all that.

fair play to Talbot. Watched the Ayr game on TV and you did brilliant. well done. I'm sure you'll bring a big support with maybe some other Junior teams fans coming along as well? I noticed you were getting a lot of good luck messages from other junior team supporters on your Club's Twitter pages before the Ayr game. Anyway looking forward to the game. I'm sure you'll have a great day out and will definitely help create a good atmosphere. Enjoy!!!!!! 

6 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I don't think they''ll bring any less fans than they did last time to be fair. But a quick look at the last census and they only have a population of 3,600. Maths etc.........!

Second string team and I'd say 3-0 to us.

Full team then 5+

Either way, done and dusted by 60 minutes.

Edited by Taffin

3 hours ago, Auchinleckian said:

EEKA PEEKA and all that.

I reckon your team would do well in the seniors.

Possibly League 2 or even League 1 .

Do you agree and do they have any plans to step up to senior football ?

One other thing I wouldn't be getting too cocky because of the last game, we fielded a weakened team that day and our attitude was all wrong allowing a teenager making his debut to take a penalty ffs.

Although it was only 1-0 we were never in any danger although the the linesman cost you a smash and grab draw.

4 hours ago, Auchinleckian said:

EEKA PEEKA and all that.

Thanks for posting on here.  Great to get your perspective.

A few years ago Irvine Meadow played Hibs in the Cup and the home crowd was treated to 3 hours of Derrys Walls from the large visiting support.

Not having a dig here but I hope your crowd is more sophisticated than that and you have a great day out and are proud of the performance of your team.

Won't be a massive shock to us if we lose.  We've lost to lesser clubs like Hibs in the past.  Not often though.

7 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

So you don’t really know if they have less fans.

16 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

I reckon it will depend on the date, kick off time and whether Ayr Utd are playing the same day.  Sat 3pm, they’ll probably travel in big numbers. I know that it’s common for Ayr supporters to watch Talbot on alternate weekends (bit like us and Spartans/City).  

The Treasurer
13 hours ago, Auchinleckian said:

Look again.

Don't care how disrespectful it may sound, but they are getting it this time around. 

No danger will Levein take it lightly and play a bunch of kids and fringe players like Paulo Sergio did.

20 hours ago, luckydug said:

Put the Hearts game on the Sunday please.

The city is a feckin nightmare when the egg chasing is on.

Everywhere is packed and buses are mobbed. Let the Hibs have the Saturday they are not nearly affected by the rugby as we are.

Meal booked for the mother in laws birthday on the saturday,  sunday please.

EEKA PEEKA  :rofl: FFS

We will put this wee diddy team to the sword, send them back to their damp ridden hovels greeting into their Tennents super tins.

letsalldothebeattie
2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Who do we think we will get in the Quarters?

Hibs why change the habit of the last 3/4 years of the cup

The cup is our only real chance of silverware and our strongest team available should be selected who ever the opposition might be. They are decent and we're not lucky against Ayr. Just get into a winning position ( as we should be able to do ) then let fringe players loose from the bench. Our results understandably slipped already this season when injuries forced us into fielding weakened teams. Cannot see CL gambling too much.

15 hours ago, Auchinleckian said:

How many will we bring to Tynecastle? Don't know but think it will be more than 2011-12, when we had approximately 2,700 in attendance. The photo showing the stand, apparently 2/3 empty, on it doesn't have any players which indicates to me it was taken pre match.

Look again - a goalkeeper is standing in the goal area watching the game.

There are no fans in the stairways going to their seats - they are all seated - so I suggest the game had started.

15 hours ago, Auchinleckian said:

Hope you enjoy your day out until kick off time.

Mind pop into the Hearts shop and 1874 pub especially mate as the prices are decent for the toon.

?

Auchinleckian

Good to see the replies, and good to strike up the dialogue as well.

Couple of things...we do have a few Killie fans who come and watch us on a regular basis, but not Ayr as far as am aware. If anyone thinks our numbers will be boosted by Ayr fans they need to look at Saturday's result again. We are not their favourite second team.

Rangers or Celtic? Of course some of our fans have Old Firm links, with either of the clubs being their second choice teams - not unlike Hearts and Spartans or the like. You certainly won't be hearing any rendition of Derry's Walls at Tynecastle! You only have to look at Irvine Meadow's colours and understand that Irvine was one of the "new towns" that took up quite a large section of Glasgow slum clearances to appreciate the link there though.

Population of Auchinleck. It's not huge, which makes the numbers we had on Saturday even more spectacular? We do take good support from surrounding villages as well, and regardless of the game we always have the largest travelling support in the Juniors - between 250 to 300 most games. As a percentage of the average home gate that's an incredible figure. We had 120 up at Wick in the first round, 300 plus at Cove Rangers in the second, and 200 plus at Fraserburgh in the third. 1,500 miles was a lot in such a short space of time but we were there in good numbers. Had to do the trip to Wick in a car as the coaches were far too expsensive with the second driver regulations.

Eeka Peeka - you all heard it last time around, and it was belted out with gusto on Saturday. It will ring out at Tynecastle again as well. BTW, to the fan who was hard of hearing last time around it's not Eeeka Peeka **** the Pope!

Does anyone know if anyone's doing any badges for the game? I've tried to get some commissioned but because it's the Chinese New Year have been advised it's a no goer.

Talbot fans will travel as it is a huge day out for them, so pricing them out would be stupid. 

I reckon £10/£15 is fair and will entice more people in. 

been here before
3 hours ago, Auchinleckian said:

Had to do the trip to Wick in a car...

Was this your first time in a horseless carriage?

The Old Tolbooth
On 22/01/2019 at 12:54, luckydug said:

Put the Hearts game on the Sunday please.

The city is a feckin nightmare when the egg chasing is on.

Everywhere is packed and buses are mobbed. Let the Hibs have the Saturday they are not nearly affected by the rugby as we are.

I'm amazed it hasn't already been moved mate, it makes perfect sense to me to move it to the Sunday to avoid having three major sporting events in Edinburgh on the same day, I honestly thought the police would sort that one out.