• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruyff Turn

• Francis Albert

• Hearts007

• Top Corner

1 minute ago, It should have been ten said:

He’s just got here ffs, anyone needs to wake up it’s you pal.

Vanacek isn't the issue and will need time - he will come good, no question

To have a go at him 2 games in isn't fair at all - If he hadn't have been hooked tonight he would have probably been sent off as he is off the pace - he needs time to adjust, the czech league and spl are completely different - He isn't the reason and isn't to blame for the result and performance

My concern is that we do need to be able to change things and adapt as we just look a bit 1 dimensional at the moment and without Naisy lack that creative spark

cardboardcutout

I was at livvy on Sunday and will be at st Johnstone Saturday but usually can’t go so when I go I hope to see some inspiration or a style of play which is Exciting or at least effective. We have nothing really and I pity season ticket holders as I see no progress or even a suggestion of ‘better days to come’   I fear that Craig’s time is coming to a close and new thinking is required.

Just now, Hearts1975 said:

To have a go at him 2 games in isn't fair at all - If he hadn't have been hooked tonight he would have probably been sent off as he is off the pace - he needs time to adjust, the czech league and spl are completely different - He isn't the reason and isn't to blame for the result and performance

My concern is that we do need to be able to change things and adapt as we just look a bit 1 dimensional at the moment and without Naisy lack that creative spark

Blind faith. 

Not going to read the rest of your post. 

He may well come good and i hope to **** he does, but coming out with that is like believing in god. 

It’s just awful football to watch, the players don’t look look like they know what they are meant to be doing. 

We have an amazing pitch, but our players seem unable to keep the ball on it,  it’s just hoofball all the time.

I see people on here giving pass marks to Djoum and Keena, but you don’t get pass marks for just trying, there has to be quality there as well and there was no quality from ANY Hearts players.

We could barely string 2 passes together at the weekend and tonight was even worse. 

Tactically CL is just totally inept.....he says we are fine in midfield,  well that’s because the midfield are pointless when the ball goes from back to front. 

On paper we have a decent squad, but what we don’t have is a management team that seem able to get the best out of them. 

Spoiler

No idea how I managed the spoiler but genuine question and not a levein hater as I think hes done okay but Why can't Craig get the team motivated enough when we play the teams at the bottom.

Twice now we have effectively rolled over this season. 

Bazzas right boot

Couldn't get to the byline once InThe first half. 

Big Dave gets subbed. 

About 100 cross's in the second. Big man is off the pitch. 

It's like we don't know how to play to our strengths. 

Clare doesn't contribute enough. Needs dropped. He actually gets in the way allot. 

We start too slow, far too tentative. 

Dundee are bottom, score first and you steam roller them. 

Not us, give them confidence by starting slow and allowing them the ball to settle. 

The boy from Leeds hasn't improved us on that showing. (can't spell his name) 

Depressing stuff. 

Djoum and Lee OK tonight. Mulraney done well when he came on everyone else was shite. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Bazzas right boot

Couldn't get to the byline once InThe first half. 

Big Dave gets subbed. 

About 100 cross's in the second. Big man is off the pitch. 

It's like we don't know how to play to our strengths. 

Clare doesn't contribute enough. Needs dropped. He actually gets in the way allot. 

We start too slow, far too tentative. 

Dundee are bottom, score first and you steam roller them. 

Not us, give them confidence by starting slow and allowing them the ball to settle. 

The boy from Leeds hasn't improved is on that showing. (can't spell his name) 

Depressing stuff. 

Djoum and Lee OK tonight. Mulraney done well when he came on everyone else was shite. 

4 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I agree with this post. We are a great team with everyone available. We should be able to ****ing survive losing one player though. We should have a plan B.

And that’s the problem people can’t see. CL has no Plan B without Naismith.

We were still winning and playing reasonably well after loss of Souttar, Berra and Uche but after we lost Naismith we had nothing. No Naismith tonight, no win.

Theres a pattern here. Unfortunately those who have used the loss of players as a comfort blanket can’t see it.

Managers are like everything else. 10 years ago everyone wanted to have guys like Wenger and Jose in charge, now they’re seen as yesterday’s men. Now everyone wants Pep, Poch or Klopp as a manager.

CL is yesterday’s man as are his methods. Unfortunately Ann is blinded by him and there’s no chance that we’re going to lose his influence from the first team soon

It should have been ten
Just now, Hearts1975 said:

Totally agree bud. Embarrassing having a go at a guy who’s only played one and a quarter games for us but set up our last goal. 

Desperately miss Naisy big time when he’s not playing. Too many players not pulling their finger out, ought to be having a good look at themselves.

6 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

I think some people want Hearts to challenge for the league and some people are happy to just go along and support their team. 

I think you missed all my posts about us challenging for the league.

12 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Against Livi and Dundee we have been a shambles of a team and the blame has to not only rest with the players but with Levein, McPhee, Daly & Fox. What is going on at Riccarton during training. There is no method, structure or ideas in the team. Keep playing this way and you'll not only sicken the fans but drive them away as it's really that bad to witness.

How much more mediocrity will people accept? how many more excuses? Levein says our midfield is fine, that's is damn scary.

avhudtheteeshirt

Need a player in the middle of the park holding on and passing the ball - Haring (injured)

Need a player to work between the front lines - Naismith (suspended)

Need a player to shore up the back and bring the ball out of defense - Dikamona ( may still be carrying an injury)

That is the spine of the team, all not playing, and it shows!!!!!

1 minute ago, Top Corner said:

Blind faith. 

Not going to read the rest of your post. 

He may well come good and i hope to **** he does, but coming out with that is like believing in god. 

And coming out and writing him off after 2 games is looking at it with your eyes open?

I am just not prepared to write him off when its obvious to a blind man he is off the pace 

Remember Paul Hartley - Your judging Vanacek far too early imo 

Just now, avhudtheteeshirt said:

Need a player in the middle of the park holding on and passing the ball - Haring (injured)

Need a player to work between the front lines - Naismith (suspended)

Need a player to shore up the back and bring the ball out of defense - Dikamona ( may still be carrying an injury)

That is the spine of the team, all not playing, and it shows!!!!!

We were playing Dundee. This injuries excuse needs to stop.

portobellojambo1

Poor tonight unfortunately. Don't think we managed to learn anything from the 1st half on Sunday, where it quickly became apparent that pumping long, high balls at Vanecek just wan't going to work, and didn't again tonight. In saying that I'm guessing he was taken off tonight due to injury (not read back through the thread as he was no worse than anyone else around him. Some others will undoubtedly think differently but I thought Djoum was doing well tonight, but there was just no one either around him in midfield or forward of him to take any advantage from what he was doing. Think it is probably best just to leave it there, as there isn't anything to say that is any way particularly positive.

2 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

And that’s the problem people can’t see. CL has no Plan B without Naismith.

We were still winning and playing reasonably well after loss of Souttar, Berra and Uche but after we lost Naismith we had nothing. No Naismith tonight, no win.

Theres a pattern here. Unfortunately those who have used the loss of players as a comfort blanket can’t see it.

Managers are like everything else. 10 years ago everyone wanted to have guys like Wenger and Jose in charge, now they’re seen as yesterday’s men. Now everyone wants Pep, Poch or Klopp as a manager.

CL is yesterday’s man as are his methods. Unfortunately Ann is blinded by him and there’s no chance that we’re going to lose his influence from the first team soon

That just about sums it up. And that last two sentences are the reality for folks looking for change.

2 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I think you missed all my posts about us challenging for the league.

You would be quite upset about our current squad if you wanted us to challenge. 

avhudtheteeshirt
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

We were playing Dundee. This injuries excuse needs to stop.

A team fighting to stay in the Premiership???

2 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

And coming out and writing him off after 2 games is looking at it with your eyes open?

I am just not prepared to write him off when its obvious to a blind man he is off the pace 

Remember Paul Hartley - Your judging Vanacek far too early imo 

How many Paul Hartleys have we had?

17 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Shaughnessy is dogshit. Everyone who’s seen him at Leeds says so

Clearly he has no quality, need to acknowledge the error and empty quick sharp. He can’t even kick it over the stands. 

Shanks said no

A line of fish suppers are currently sitting untouched on Gorgie road as not a single player could tackle them

cathroesque

no Naismith no Haring = no soul and no fight and no idea

and with that I bid all my fellow jambos goodnight

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

6 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Poor tonight unfortunately. Don't think we managed to learn anything from the 1st half on Sunday, where it quickly became apparent that pumping long, high balls at Vanecek just wan't going to work, and didn't again tonight. In saying that I'm guessing he was taken off tonight due to injury (not read back through the thread as he was no worse than anyone else around him. Some others will undoubtedly think differently but I thought Djoum was doing well tonight, but there was just no one either around him in midfield or forward of him to take any advantage from what he was doing. Think it is probably best just to leave it there, as there isn't anything to say that is any way particularly positive.

Djoum played well.

Think Vanacek was hooked as CL knew bawbag Beaton would jump at the chance to send him off.

1 minute ago, Top Corner said:

How many Paul Hartleys have we had?

And your point is ?

This is going to be good if it bears any relevance to writing off a player who laid on our only goal in his first game with us and was hooked in his second and now is being written off as a dud 

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, Lovecraft said:

Djoum played well.

Think Vanacek was hooked as CL knew bawbag Beaton would jump at the chance to send him off.

If he had played on and been sent off maybe it would have inspired the 10 remaining to have done a bit better. It could not have been much worse. 

I am not sure I buy the reason for him beiing pulled. Has CL clarified?

It should have been ten
19 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

Nae bother ya trumpet. Fully fit squad? We are missing Uche and Haring amd Naismith out for 1 game tells - let's disregard Uche because I was told Vanecek was the 2nd coming of Zlatan. So yeah 1 player we are missing and now we lay 6th.

Me the Trumpet? :lol: 

It must’ve bypassed you how long we were without 5 of our best first team players. Still missing 2 of them. We’ve also had absolutely no luck for months with injuries, dodgy ref decisions and perfectly good goals chalked off.

Rant on all you want, you writing a player off who’s only played one a quarter games so far tells me I’ve wasted enough time on you. 

Edited by It should have been ten

thecorrieorphin
30 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I agree with this post. We are a great team with everyone available. We should be able to ****ing survive losing one player though. We should have a plan B.

Exactly. Listening to Stevie Clarke on the radio going to game talking about losing 3 attacking players in January but he stil gets a performance with what he's got . 

12 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

And your point is ?

This is going to be good if it bears any relevance to writing off a player who laid on our only goal in his first game with us and was hooked in his second and now is being written off as a dud 

Nobody has written him off, but you have assured us that he will be a success, which is stupid. 

Apparently,  Levein has voiced his disappoitment at Vanacek's lack of conditioning given he knew he was coming to Hearts. Missed his post match but it was picked up by Preston and Richard Gordon.

Edited by Riccarton3

portobellojambo1
14 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

If he had played on and been sent off maybe it would have inspired the 10 remaining to have done a bit better. It could not have been much worse. 

I am not sure I buy the reason for him beiing pulled. Has CL clarified?

I was surprised when he was taken off. He hadn't done an awful lot before he was substituted but he wasn't alone in that category. I just hope the intent going forward isn't to continue to pump the ball long and hope that he can win the aerial battles. The 2nd half on Sunday showed he much prefers the ball played into his feet, and we as a team play better by keeping the ball on the ground so we shouldn't be looking/to/considering moving away from that. It seemed like a strange substitution at the time, think it would have been better to change the way we were playing than rearrange the players. On a night where Djoum looked as if he was trying to play football we did, for long parts, move well away from the basis of ball from keeper to one of the back four, ball moved forward to midfield and continue to build from there. The way we played made it very easy for Dundee to play against us.

Edited by portobellojambo1

5 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

Nobody has written him off, but you have assured us that he will be a success, which is stupid. 

Its a forum - Everyone has an opinion and all I did was state mine

I never proclaimed to be Jesus or the Messiah - That would be stupid 

HeartofHartley
21 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Me the Trumpet? :lol: 

It must’ve bypassed you how long we were without 5 of our best first team players. Still missing 2 of them. We’ve also had absolutely no luck for months with injuries, dodgy ref decisions and perfectly good goals chalked off.

Rant on all you want, you writing a player off who’s only played one a quarter games so far tells me I’ve wasted enough time on you. 

That'll be Levein in the news saying he hooked Vanacek because he was rubbish..... as I said.... trumpet.

Trapper John McIntyre

The entire team seems to have a hang up whenever Naismith isn't on the pitch. A bunch of clueless chancers.

Levein is a relic who needs moved out of the club.

Auldreidy1874

Djoum looking more like the player we know he can be was one of the very few positives we can take from a poor display.

As has been said, losing one player shouldn't make the rest pants.

We're already losing ground so need to sort out the mistakes and lack of potency up front or we'll be set adrift for another lacklustre season.

On a positive note, we're still in the cup! ?

It should have been ten
7 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

That'll be Levein in the news saying he hooked Vanacek because he was rubbish..... as I said.... trumpet.

Funny how brave people are when behind a keyboard :lol:

6 minutes ago, Jim Weir said:

That Olly Lee is some midfielder 

That engine. Those gears 

Beautiful 

Bozanic must be shite in training, god knows why he isn't getting a chance.