***Heart of Midlothian v Dundee - Official Match Thread***

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Just now, Muppetboy said:

how much  business can we fit in in a week cos something needs done

Fortunately you can hire managers out with the window.

Not that we'll ever look for another on any time soon.

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruyff Turn

• Francis Albert

• Hearts007

• Top Corner

Just now, Francis Albert said:

Over? Hearts TV audio literally stuttered to a stop.

Video died a death too. Given the score maybe not such a bad thing.

You know i'd like to hear from Daly & Fox about how good they were getting into certain players at half-time. They had plenty to say after the Livi match.

Whenever a team at the bottom of the table, or on a run of shite form, desperately need points:

Welcome to Tynecastle. 

Ffs. 

Face it we were rank for most of the game against Livingstone and we were just as bad tonight. Both teams knew exactly how to beat us, win every second ball, keep it tight and get in our faces. We then resort to aimless punts to no one. Djoum was good tonight and we missed Naismith but too many people not up for it. Something needs to change because that tonight, at home to Dundee, themselves struggling to put a team on the park, was simply not acceptable.

1 minute ago, merseyjambo said:

The squad thing is a comfort blanket for the CL sycophant brigade.

The truth is without Naismith we are garbage

Next season will be fun if he doesn't re-sign:unsure2:

Gordon Ramsay
12 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

"We've still got x to come back" was a comfort blanket. How many players do we need to get back before we can beat Dundee at home?

Absolutely rotten 95% of the time since September.

The injury excuse doesn't wash anymore.

We've been shite for a long time.

Levein is hopeless.

Livi away and this tonight are two of the worst performances in decades. Completely unacceptablele tonight. Couldn’t score in a brothel with a few hundred quid taped to our boabies. 

As someone else said as a manager Levein is a dinosaur. Has not adapted to current game and his default position is nearly always negative now. Love him as a someone who clearly is a Hearts man, think he has done well in some aspects of getting youth system back up and running. But as a manager - not for me thanks. 

Edited by LeftBack

BRAVEHEART1874

dundee were the better team we were pash - mulraney, mitchell, maclean offered zilch not impressed by morrison or clare either Once van went off should have watched some techno. Well done though scumdee you can celebrate raising your game  and beating hearts as your only acheivement for another 33 or so  years ;)

Just now, Marvin said:

Video died a death too. Given the score maybe not such a bad thing.

something else that was crap tonight, again.

2 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

Beat Hibs away for the first time in many a year and lose against the bottom team at home in the next game. wtf is going on?

Trials and tribulations of following the Famous.

3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Hearts TV was as shit as the team performance

3 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Utter disgrace

Yes to both.

3 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Garbage. 

We are a one man team. That’s obvious 

i

Yip. The dundee fans in my work called it before hand. And i defended the side but we rreally are ****ed without Naismith.

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Top 4.

We are 6th.

And falling.

We are if anything "in the mix " for a bottom 6 finish.

I can't remember being so pissed of after a game. So many basic errors by so many players. Smith, Berra , shaunasy, Morrison, Lee, Mitchel , the new guy all did it. Totally amateur performance. Levein will get the flack but the player should be ashamed of themselves they didn't even look like footballers. Outplayed by the bottom team. There were signs of this on Sunday but I put it down to Livingston being Livingston now I'm thinking there is something wrong in the camp that decent players are now unable to to the basics. I'm pissed.

1 minute ago, Top Corner said:

There's a few people on here that just think everything is glorious no matter what. 

I dunno why that is. 

Can you enlighten me?

**** knows. I certainly don’t. Despite your snide wee barb. Hope that made the result easier to take. Although...

There are some on here that think everything is shite, no matter what. I don’t know why that is. Care to enlighten me?

:cornette:

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

There's a few people on here that just think everything is glorious no matter what. 

I dunno why that is. 

Can you enlighten me?

They just think Levein is wonderful.

3 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

If we do any business at all it has to be to get some pace and flair on the wings 

On paper we are strong through the middle and spine of the team so effectively getting in players that will get to the bylines and get balls in the box we should be able to convert 

We just seem to lack this type of player at the moment and if we had them it may give us better options to change things when our current tactics isn't working 

2 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Let's kick high balls up to one of the biggest centre backs in Scottish football.

****ing genius stuff.  Genius.

Aye but we did have the towering Maclean to win them

7 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

Unfortunately Levein has spent our money on dross 

Edited by Class of 75

1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

Aye but we did have the towering Maclean to win them

I don't think he has won a header since we signed him.

And I'm not actually joking.

Against Livi and Dundee we have been a shambles of a team and the blame has to not only rest with the players but with Levein, McPhee, Daly & Fox. What is going on at Riccarton during training. There is no method, structure or ideas in the team. Keep playing this way and you'll not only sicken the fans but drive them away as it's really that bad to witness.

Edited by mitch41

3 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Utter shambles. We are now lagging behind both St Johnstone and Kilmarnock who have budgets a fraction of Hearts.

So true. Kilmarnock have signed far better players than us, on a fraction of our budget.

I would take their manager in a heartbeat.

4 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

As someone else said as a manager Levein is a dinosaur. Has not adapted to current game and his default position is nearly always negative now. Love him as a someone who clearly is a Hearts man, think he has done well in some aspects of getting youth system back up and running. But as a manager - not for me thanks. 

I’ve backed him and backed him and so want it to happen but no enough is enough. He’s not the man. The signings are erratic at best and can probably be described as poor and the lack of style, attacking threat, pace etc etc are all becoming intolerable. 

4 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Let's kick high balls up to one of the biggest centre backs in Scottish football.

****ing genius stuff.  Genius.

Live and dont learn. It never worked on Sunday either.

avhudtheteeshirt

If its true that Naismith could be away next season, we better be scouring every league in the world for a replacement!!!

It is so bad that just 1 player can make such a difference to a team????

1 minute ago, Zlatanable said:

Fair point. 

With Souttar, Naismith, Haring and Ikpeazu, it would be a better first 11 for definite. 

But fair point, Levein etc have to find solutions to these disruptions. 

I agree with this post. We are a great team with everyone available. We should be able to ****ing survive losing one player though. We should have a plan B.

It should have been ten
25 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

So an easy lay off is enough to be good? Any player could have done that he done hee haw except for that. Touch of a donkey and he was hooked for playing murder and giving a goal away. Wake up.

He’s just got here ffs, anyone needs to wake up it’s you pal.

1 minute ago, Zlatanable said:

Fair point. 

With Souttar, Naismith, Haring and Ikpeazu, it would be a better first 11 for definite. 

But fair point, Levein etc have to find solutions to these disruptions. 

Cheers

Without Naismith they all seem lost. Perhaps the fact that he is such a leader on the park means we are rudderless when he is not playing.

God help us next year if he isn't back

1 minute ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

If its true that Naismith could be away next season, we better be scouring every league in the world for a replacement!!!

It is so bad that just 1 player can make such a difference to a team????

That's why quality costs money.

Just now, jockmac said:

So true. Kilmarnock have signed far better players than us, on a fraction of our budget.

I would take their manager in a heartbeat.

Agree buddy.

HeartofHartley
Just now, It should have been ten said:

He’s just got here ffs, anyone needs to wake up it’s you pal.

Here's a wake up call... remember when we were 1st? Yeah well now till may we will be fighting for top 6. Great season yet again Hearts ?

3 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

I don't think he has won a header since we signed him.

And I'm not actually joking.

I saw him win one header v Livi , way back. But i get your point. The squad is very poor.

Something is wrong. When consistent decent players like Berra , Smith can't do any better than punt it out the park then something is deffo going wrong somewhere. How can most of the team play so shit. One or two having an off day you can live with but 9 out of 11 I have never seen anything like it. Not even off days , like total Sunday league standard play.

6 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

**** knows. I certainly don’t. Despite your snide wee barb. Hope that made the result easier to take. Although...

There are some on here that think everything is shite, no matter what. I don’t know why that is. Care to enlighten me?

:cornette:

I think some people want Hearts to challenge for the league and some people are happy to just go along and support their team.