***Scottish Cup Draw - Fifth Round***

iantjambo

44 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Imagine if Cowdenbeath won their tie ? Rangers, along with every other so called big gun, has no devine right to win their match. 

Mon the Blue Brazil

If Cowdenbeath beat Rangers then I will apologise. But they absolutely won't. Not a chance.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• iantjambo

• Herbert.

• William H. Bonney

46 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Imagine if Cowdenbeath won their tie ? Rangers, along with every other so called big gun, has no devine right to win their match. 

Mon the Blue Brazil

Mon the blue Brazil my arse

Cowdenbeath will bend over for rangers. The town is a cesspit of bigots that only turn up to central park when either the OF in town. I hope that club drops out the league and dies.

6 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Cowdenbeath will bend over for rangers. The town is a cesspit of bigots that only turn up to central park when either the OF in town. I hope that club drops out the league and dies.

****in he'll.

What happened to you in Cowdenbeath?

2 minutes ago, Jlv2004 said:

****in he'll.

What happened to you in Cowdenbeath?

I worked there for a short time. You have that anti fascist Celtic group organising  marches for Palestine on one side and then all the orangemen on the other blowing their wee pipes out there arse. The 30 odd folk that turn up to central park are too old to sit on the bus to Glasgow now so make do with cowdenbeath.

letsalldothebeattie

The draw everyone wanted and we got it. Thankfully it’s at Tynie watching them yesterday wouldn’t fancy going to them. A winnable tie if we treat it right and a place in the quarters will be ours. Turning into a good campaign in the cup

Think people are being over generous to AT with their recollections of the 2012 match.

We rested quite a few players that day and missed a lot of chances including a penalty.

Although their goal may have been onside the flag was up before their player hit the ball and the Hearts defence had already stopped.

They did push forward a bit towards the end but the joker who was making out they were all over us clearly wasn't even at the game.

We were never really in any danger.

Approach this game properly and it should be no problem. That means no fannying about with unnecessary changes. 

6 hours ago, sadj said:

Would imagine that and Killie v Rangers on Premier Sports then maybe St Mirren v Utd and County v Caley on BBC. When did we last have a saturday 3pm cup game

Last season v St Johnstone?

21 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Last season v St Johnstone?

Indeed we did. Hasn’t been many the last 12 years though. Even allowing for our poor cup displays.

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Think people are being over generous to AT with their recollections of the 2012 match.

We rested quite a few players that day and missed a lot of chances including a penalty.

Although their goal may have been onside the flag was up before their player hit the ball and the Hearts defence had already stopped.

They did push forward a bit towards the end but the joker who was making out they were all over us clearly wasn't even at the game.

Approach this game properly and it should be no problem. That means no fannying about with unnecessary changes. 

Just watched the highlights on YouTube and read a couple of match reports. I think you're a bit off the mark on the offside goal. Flag might already be up but no real sign anyone that mattered had stopped. But overall I'd agree that the game was heavily one way traffic and 9 times out of 10 would have finished as a comfortable win. I think they were very fortunate not to be reduced to 10men at the penalty for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity.

But what I find bizarre about the way this game is often described and was again in the media today is as if that offside goal would have put us out. But it would have just led to a replay which we'd almost certainly have won.

But this time round I'd like to think we'll start with something much closer to our strongest 11 than we did last time.

SpruceBringsteen
4 hours ago, maltese jambo said:

That day we were fortunate to progress, underestimate Auchinleck at your pearl. I think anyone who has a clue about junior football knows that their result against Ayr wasn’t that much of a shock and they are a club who’s used to winning.

There was one team that was fortunate that day, and it wasn't Heart of Midlothian.

7 hours ago, Martin_T said:

I think we missed a penalty to make it 2-0, Fraser Mullen IIRC.

We missed penalty to make it 1-0 in first half  the goal didnt come till midway through second half

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, luckydug said:

Yip. 

As always it depends if and when you score first. 

We missed allot and scored late on, if we'd been more clinical we'd have been well in control. 

Fully expect at least 4 goals. 

Bazzas right boot

Quite a good draw in general. 

Two from Killie, rangers, saints and celtic will also be out. 

Raith will test hibs given their form and confidence. 

Dundee might also be out. 

Aberdeen Likley to be through. 

10 hours ago, dannymack said:

Mon the Blue Brazil

Absolutely ?

22 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

If we don’t win I’ll be switching off the servers. 

22 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

If we don’t win I’ll be switching off the servers. 

Purchase the domain HmfcKeekback.co.uk just incase

Edited by Jeff

1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Quite a good draw in general. 

Two from Killie, rangers, saints and celtic will also be out. 

Raith will test hibs given their form and confidence. 

Dundee might also be out. 

Aberdeen Likley to be through. 

Likely quarters will be

Celtic

Rangers

Hearts

Aberdeen

Hibs

Ross County

Partick Thistle

St Mirren/Dundee Utd

Can’t see an upset happening looking at the draw tbh. We’ll likely have to beat 2 of Celtic, Rangers, Hibs or Aberdeen if we are to go all the way. 

On the other hand if we see off Auchinleck and avoid any of the 4 above we are looking good for another semi final this season. Not sure when the last time was that we made the semis in both cups in the one season?

• redm changed the title to ***Scottish Cup Draw - Fifth Round***
15 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Likely quarters will be

Celtic

Rangers

Hearts

Aberdeen

Hibs

Ross County

Partick Thistle

St Mirren/Dundee Utd

Can’t see an upset happening looking at the draw tbh. We’ll likely have to beat 2 of Celtic, Rangers, Hibs or Aberdeen if we are to go all the way. 

On the other hand if we see off Auchinleck and avoid any of the 4 above we are looking good for another semi final this season. Not sure when the last time was that we made the semis in both cups in the one season?

Celtic

Kilmarnock 

Hearts

Aberdeen  

Inverness 

Hibs

East Fife 

St Mirren 

5 hours ago, gordie1968 said:

We missed penalty to make it 1-0 in first half  the goal didnt come till midway through second half

The goal came in the 84th minute. That game was absolute torture to watch. Pure relief when the winner came due to a defensive mix up, then again at the offside.

Hopefully a bit more comfortable this time round.

13 hours ago, been here before said:

Quite looking forward to this even if it is a no win game.

Came close to getting our arses handed to us last time round. Interestingly Gordon Pope, the boy who had the perfectly good goal disallowed, still plays for Talbot. Infact he played yesterday.

The goalkeeper that played like superman that day is still playing for them too! ?

Bazzas right boot
54 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Likely quarters will be

Celtic

Rangers

Hearts

Aberdeen

Hibs

Ross County

Partick Thistle

St Mirren/Dundee Utd

Agree, but Killie could put rangers out. 

All about avoiding celtic imo, wouldn't want rangers away, but wouldn't be distraught. 

Partick at Tynecastle would be a belter. 

Raith looked decent on Saturday and won't be pushovers at Easter road. you would think our tie is easy and if we treat it in a professional manner we should go through, we certainly don't want to let that boy Glasgow run at us or get too physical and give away needless free kicks.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
56 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Likely quarters will be

Celtic

Rangers

Hearts

Aberdeen

Hibs

Ross County

Partick Thistle

St Mirren/Dundee Utd

Nobody can ever see an upset, or it wouldn't be one :)

That's the beauty of it.

I watched their game on Saturday, what we need to do is finish it in the first 20, get the subs on at half time and get an easy week into a hectic schedule. East Fife at home in the quarters and the winner of ICT v Dundee United in the semi, St Johnstone in the final.

Easy.

tartofmidlothian

Wasn't the Talbot game the only time Rudi ever wore the captain's armband for us? I seem to remember him playing in CM that day and giving a lot of encouragement to the younger guys.

oh ah grantona
On 20/01/2019 at 17:10, Gashauskis9 said:

Hibs at home as well, so if we’re on TV it’s likely to be Fri night or Sunday (suspect Killie v Rangers to be Sat lunchtime).

4 games on TV 

Full midweek Wednesday fixtures so no Friday night game for top clubs unless a league game is moved back 24hrs (Aberdeen v Celtic already live on the Weds)

Hibs & us at home also Scotland v Ireland at murrayfield 3 events in Edinburgh around same time highly unlikely. 

My guess at TV games 

Highland derby Friday night

Our game on TV due to minnow story (Sunday)

Old firm games on TV because it's the old firm 

Of the other ties only st Mirren v Dundee United looks decent 

Edited by oh ah grantona

Bazzas right boot
21 hours ago, Herbert said:

Not going there on holiday then? ?

9 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Agree, but Killie could put rangers out. 

All about avoiding celtic imo, wouldn't want rangers away, but wouldn't be distraught. 

Partick at Tynecastle would be a belter. 

Our best chance of winning the Scottish Cup is probably to get Celtic at Tynecastle in the next round. I can’t see them losing a semi final or final to us at the moment but we could catch them cold if we were at home, especially if they had a European game either of side of it!

Edited by Mr Elwood P

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Our best chance of winning the Scottish Cup is probably to get Celtic at Tynecastle in the next round. I can’t see them losing a semi final or final to us at the moment but we could catch them cold if we were at home, especially if they had a European game either of side of it!

Probably, but I want an easy a path to the final as possible 

Very short sighted as you are probably correct. 

Celtic quarters, hibs semi, Aberdeen final ?

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

23 hours ago, maltese jambo said:

That day we were fortunate to progress, underestimate Auchinleck at your pearl. I think anyone who has a clue about junior football knows that their result against Ayr wasn’t that much of a shock and they are a club who’s used to winning.

Is pearl maltese for peril?

10 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Probably, but I want an easy a path to the final as possible 

Very short sighted as are probably correct 

Celtic quarters, hibs semi, Aberdeen final ?

Kilmarnock to beat Rangers then Hibs and then Celtic and us to beat them in the final after beating Talbot, East Fife and ICT!

What’s this lucky last time nonsense? They should have played 85 minutes with 10 men and we should have scored many more than we did. 

People have argued with me on here when I said we rode our luck in the semi with Ki’s two sitters and Jamie Mac having a blinder. Folk have insisted it was a tactical masterclass from Paulo. He’s bloody good if he planned those two misses. 

Auchenshoogle was lucky and Celtic was superb tactics? Aye, right!

To this day, I stand by my thoughts on which game we were (more) lucky in, if I had to choose. When the scores were counted up, we’d put the ball in the pokey more times than the opponent in both games. 

Edited by Shaggy2

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Kilmarnock to beat Rangers then Hibs and then Celtic and us to beat them in the final after beating Talbot, East Fife and ICT!

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OGC.55a0b6cdf04269faf59a6cae5c7f3593&pid=Api&rurl=https%3a%2f%2fmedia.giphy.com%2fmedia%2f13ZHjidRzoi7n2%2fgiphy.gif&ehk=C2HZ8L8W%2bChBREXe0liTUg

Ffs, not worth it. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

13 hours ago, Royal Jambo said:

The goal came in the 84th minute. That game was absolute torture to watch. Pure relief when the winner came due to a defensive mix up, then again at the offside.

Hopefully a bit more comfortable this time round.

We were never in any danger of going out.

The worst that was going to happen was a replay and given that we went on to dispatch two premier league teams away from home in subsequent replays I don't think AT would have presented a problem.

Credit to them for their performance but they came for a draw then as they will again.

It up to Hearts management to put out a strong team and show the opposition due respect.

We failed to do that in 2012 by letting a teenager making a rare first team appearance take an important penalty. 

I find the BBC overkill about AT strange as they would hold their own in League 2 and possibly League 1 as well.

This tie us not a gimme.

11 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Wasn't the Talbot game the only time Rudi ever wore the captain's armband for us? I seem to remember him playing in CM that day and giving a lot of encouragement to the younger guys.

Was Webster not captain that day? I remember Zal not even being on the bench and Barr at CB, with no cover on the bench - which could have turned out a bit costly after he went off with a beast of a head knock! Blackie playing at CB still gives me nightmares!

If we'd scored the early penalty the floodgates would have opened. Giving it to Mullen (who iirc was making his debut as Gowser was suspended) was not a good call. Although part of me thinks he was the penalty taker for the Under 19s, and with our shite penalty record I almost see the logic in it. 

It was definitely not a strong team we put out - it was one of Jamie Mac's early outings as Kello was just developing Vlad flu, 17yo(?) debutant right back, Barr at CB in place of Zal, Blackie was the only regular midfielder as Paulo hadn't played Rudi or Driver that often by that point, Robinson and Novikovas were not regulars, Smith up front with neither Elliott or Sutton even on the bench, Temps on the bench. I hope to **** Craigy goes with something resembling our strongest team for this one, barring anybody that may have any niggles. These west coast wanks need a proper memory of Tynie this time!

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

We were never in any danger of going out.

The worst that was going to happen was a replay and given that we went on to dispatch two premier league teams away from home in subsequent replays I don't think AT would have presented a problem.

Credit to them for their performance but they came for a draw then as they will again.

It up to Hearts management to put out a strong team and show the opposition due respect.

We failed to do that in 2012 by letting a teenager making a rare first team appearance take an important penalty. 

I find the BBC overkill about AT strange as they would hold their own in League 2 and possibly League 1 as well.

This tie us not a gimme.

No tie is a gimme, but if we get beat of a team that is even league 1 standard at home we'll need to have a real look at ourselves and we'll deserve to be out the cup. 

Best draw of the round. 

Should be a relatively easy afternoon. 

2 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

No tie is a gimme, but if we get beat of a team that is even league 1 standard at home we'll need to have a real look at ourselves and we'll deserve to be out the cup. 

Best draw of the round. 

Should be a relatively easy afternoon. 

That last line you can keep to yourself. We need focus to go out there and hammer this mob. No fecking about, an absolute hammering. 10-0 will do.

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

That last line you can keep to yourself. We need focus to go out there and hammer this mob. No fecking about, an absolute hammering. 10-0 will do.

100% this. 

Professional job please.

The last time we played them and we missed a penalty wasn't much fun but i guess it worked out in the end.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Nah, I think we'll beat Dundee and St Johnstone, win the cup game comfortably, by at least 4 and be well placed. 

No more major injuries 

Souttar, Brandon and the big man back

5 game winning league run

In the quarters 

Maybe a wee cheeky signing or two as well. 

All by 9th Feb. 

Partick at home in the quarters would be the cherry on that particular cake. 

Wouldn't be Suprised if we were 6 clean sheets on the bounce as well after the cup tie. 

But, as you imply, keep focused one game at a time 

Play it cool. 

:fonzie:

22 hours ago, eduardo.j said:

The goalkeeper that played like superman that day is still playing for them too! ?

Apart from the goal he came rushing out his six yard box and clashed with his own player and we scored.

5 hours ago, cosanostra said:

100% this. 

Professional job please.

The last time we played them and we missed a penalty wasn't much fun but i guess it worked out in the end.

I remember at the time thinking, why is this young laddie, playing his first game allowed to stroll up, ,pick up the ball and take the penalty.

Just now, 132goals1958 said:

I remember at the time thinking, why is this young laddie, playing his first game allowed to stroll up, ,pick up the ball and take the penalty.

Who was it again? A full back maybe?

The guy who we released and signed for the vermin maybe? Can't for the life of me remember his name.

12 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

The guy who we released and signed for the vermin maybe? Can't for the life of me remember his name.

Fraser Mullen

H'd scored good pens for the U19's.

1 minute ago, SUTOL said:

Fraser Mullen

H'd scored good pens for the U19's.

That's it.

Tried hard, defensively not bad, poor going forward, poor distribution and blonde ginger hair. 

Not the best but definitely not the worst either.

1 hour ago, cosanostra said:

Fraser Mullen 

On 20/01/2019 at 22:03, Herbert said:

So your looking for a Rangers win ? 

I know a few folk from Cowdenbeath and up the Hill of... Certainly not bigots unlike this lot 

BJmZjHuCcAEZcpm.jpg

On 20/01/2019 at 21:57, Sooperstar said:

If Cowdenbeath beat Rangers then I will apologise. But they absolutely won't. Not a chance.

No need to apologise to anyone IF they win, after all Stenhousemuir done really well to get a replay so ANYTHING can happen on the night.