***Hearts v Livingston Official Match Thread***

iantjambo

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, HeartofHartley said:

Judging by your reply I'd suggest you backed down from that one fairly quickly. 

I love how with every post you make yourself look ever more foolish.

Great entertainment. 7/10.

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iantjambo

• Thomaso

• Morgan

• HeartofHartley

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HeartofHartley
Just now, Bridge of Djoum said:

I love how with every post you make yourself look ever more foolish.

Great entertainment. 7/10.

That's great I got 6 more points than Vanecek did today then eh?!

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, HeartofHartley said:

Did ye, aye?

1 hour ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

Naismith's offside goal, was a clear push from behind to make him offside, should have been freekick 20 yards out in front of goal????

The clown ref let them push , shove, pull shirts without doing anything about it, nothing new with him though.

8 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

Nah you're quite clearly a shite judge of player. That lovely touch that he could of been 1 on 1 with the goalie but was so bad it let the livi defender tackle him Aye?

:seething:

1 hour ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

Naismith's offside goal, was a clear push from behind to make him offside, should have been freekick 20 yards out in front of goal????

Thought the same re the push, not quite penatly worthy, but fairly sneaky. The cynical part of me thinks defenders could be taught this ‘trick’. Not our style, but anything goes these days. 

1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Always the downside of a cup game, the absolute whoppers who think “I fancy trying a seat there for a change”. 

Hope the wee arsehole in Lower N today is spewing that Clare got MOTM today. Because his response to the goal was that he was still shite. 

Back to the Gorgie Stand with you, you wee melt. 

He was though??? 

Absolutly superb goal but he was poor in the game. 

15 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

No idea whats gone on but how can you say Vanecek was 1/10. Wasn’t the all conquering display fans have built him up to produce every game but slotted in well was a different option up front to what Uche provides technically he looks very sound but either is not robust and aggressive or isnt up to speed with the Scottish game yet. Some of his close control and touches were really good though. 6 outta 10 with the half mark from 5.5 to 6 being for his lay off for the sublime finish from Clare.

Just now, rick witter said:

He was though??? 

Na , he was a lot better than that. Djoum , Clare , Lee , Naismith all had a lot of nice wee bits of skill. Djoum never put a foot wrong imo. Clare is getting better every game but needs to do more to get to where the fanfare he arrived with expects him to be.

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It sure why the arguing. It’s a cup competition and we’re through, with a very tidy draw. That’ll do.

Spot on mate. If we have 5 scrappy as crap performance 1-0s and lift the trophy who cares. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Spot on mate. If we have 5 scrappy as crap performance 1-0s and lift the trophy who cares. 

There’s always a bigger picture in terms of how good a team we are but I’m happy with that today.

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

You seem angry we won. 

28 minutes ago, rick witter said:

He was though??? 

No, he wasn't.

Not that'd be able to admit it.

23 minutes ago, sadj said:

Na , he was a lot better than that. Djoum , Clare , Lee , Naismith all had a lot of nice wee bits of skill. Djoum never put a foot wrong imo. Clare is getting better every game but needs to do more to get to where the fanfare he arrived with expects him to be.

Have to agree to disagree mate. We never at any time in that game had it under control. The first half was dreadful. Second half we shaded it but I’m looking from more from Djoum, Lee and Clare to be honest. Their performances today won’t take us to where we want to be. Granted there was good football in flashes but nowhere near enough. 

1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

No, he wasn't.

Not that'd be able to admit it.

Did you think Clare was our best player? 

I thought Michael Smith was by far the best player for Hearts today. 

47 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

What a strange post, Vanecek done well today and its great to have a new signing making his debut who actualy belongs to our club eh? Erse

1 minute ago, rick witter said:

Did you think Clare was our best player? 

I thought Michael Smith was by far the best player for Hearts today. 

You're just off the back of saying Clare was shite.

No desire to take this debate any further tbh.

5 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

Negative thoughts.  The number of members on here that can only post negatively.

For the record: I like Clare.  He will come good, hopefully today.

Give myself a pat on the back

8 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Have to agree to disagree mate. We never at any time in that game had it under control. The first half was dreadful. Second half we shaded it but I’m looking from more from Djoum, Lee and Clare to be honest. Their performances today won’t take us to where we want to be. Granted there was good football in flashes but nowhere near enough. 

I didn’t say we had it under control at anytime. First 35 - 40 mins were poor , Djoum was solid all game , Lee I forgot was playing at times , Clare was in and out. Djoum and Naismith maybe a 7 rest a 6 but there were good touches and that was a tough game overall. Three wins and three clean sheets on the bounce is a platform though.

Just now, Morgan said:

Raith at the Piggery.

McGlynn is there and they skelped Dunfermline but Hibs away you have to say it has to be Hibs through.

6 minutes ago, sadj said:

McGlynn is there and they skelped Dunfermline but Hibs away you have to say it has to be Hibs through.

Indeed, mate.

Unfortunately. :sad: 

portobellojambo1

The game was never going to be a classic, and it wasn't. But as a cup tie we did all that was required, got through to the next round. I like the look of Shaughnessy, who we have on loan. I like defenders who strangely enough focus on defending, which he did. But at the same time he seems willing to hit the ball long when he has to.

It was the first time I've focused on Callum Morrison to any sort of depth. And if I got the chance to speak to him I'd just like to say to him that once you are past a defender there is no reason to stop the ball and try to get past the same defender again. He showed he can go past defenders but once he has done it once he just needs to aim for the bye line/penalty area and provide decent service into the box.

We played some OK football at times, without looking great, but we got through and have been given a decent draw for the next round

1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

4,000 more than the cabbages got despite our game being televised.

Wee team, wee crowd.

Plus it's Hibs only game at home this month , we've got 3 home games in a week , decent crowd all things considered . Hibs effort was horrendous tbh 

Fozzyonthefence
47 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Plus it's Hibs only game at home this month , we've got 3 home games in a week , decent crowd all things considered . Hibs effort was horrendous tbh 

Their pricing was horrendous to be fair.  £22 or £23 to watch Elgin ffs! Although not sure if that was down to Elgin not agreeing to drop the prices - I recall St Johnstone being arseholes about that wth is a few seasons back.

Anyway, can’t ask for more than through to the next round with a junior team at home.  Much room for improvement though and still concerned over the goalkeeping, left back and wing positions.  

Not a great performance but we stood up to a very physical team.

Lots of positives - cracking goal by Clare (thank God!!!) and a home tie in the next round.

One thing that continues to bug me is the ‘everybody back’ set up at corners. Livy had a few in the second half and whilst Berra invariably headed them out our box the ball just came right back at us!

Is it too much to ask to have the likes of Morrison up the park for an out ball???

2 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

The game was never going to be a classic, and it wasn't. But as a cup tie we did all that was required, got through to the next round. I like the look of Shaughnessy, who we have on loan. I like defenders who strangely enough focus on defending, which he did. But at the same time he seems willing to hit the ball long when he has to.

It was the first time I've focused on Callum Morrison to any sort of depth. And if I got the chance to speak to him I'd just like to say to him that once you are past a defender there is no reason to stop the ball and try to get past the same defender again. He showed he can go past defenders but once he has done it once he just needs to aim for the bye line/penalty area and provide decent service into the box.

We played some OK football at times, without looking great, but we got through and have been given a decent draw for the next round

Good summary for me Portobello. I would only add young Morrison should stay behind an hour each day at training with a bag of balls and practice crossing. Never done Beckham any harm! We do miss big Uche and his ability to run at players and hold a couple off while he has the ball too. His contribution  is massive IMO

Nelly Terraces

Awful game of football. Very boring, like most of Levein style matches & wouldn't entice me back for many others this season. Through to next round so guess that's all that matters.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Awful game of football. Very boring, like most of Levein style matches & wouldn't entice me back for many others this season. Through to next round so guess that's all that matters.

Bit harsh on CL there( not line me to defend him), Livi were to blame as they rightly close every avenue off and defend for their lives. Nothing wrong with that. I wasn’t expecting a classic or a goal fest. Not a great performance but we move on.

With regards to the game, I had the luxury of watching it on TV.

Vanacek is, on first sighting, technically very good- some of his touches and awareness were excellent.

He is not a blood and thunder player- he has skills and intelligence, and will work very well with Naismith.

12 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

The thing I like most about Callum Morrison is that he's only got one thing in mind when he receives the ball, namely, get forward. 

That usually involves beating players. 

You're right though - he sometimes over does it. 

13 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Agreed regards Morrison he needs coached to deliver early and run across your man and entice him to have to pull you down he's constantly checking back on himself and only slows the game and allows opponents defenders to get back

Folk blaming Levein for a poor game yesterday clearly don't know their football. This is the same Livingston team who've frustrated us, Hibs and Rangers this season. They're one of the hardest working teams in the league and caused us to rush and play route one stuff. When we did get the chance to play football we did play some decent stuff.

SectionDJambo
12 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Their pricing was horrendous to be fair.  £22 or £23 to watch Elgin ffs! Although not sure if that was down to Elgin not agreeing to drop the prices - I recall St Johnstone being arseholes about that wth is a few seasons back.

Anyway, can’t ask for more than through to the next round with a junior team at home.  Much room for improvement though and still concerned over the goalkeeping, left back and wing positions.  

I think St Johnstone got what they really wanted with the tie they kept the prices up. A half empty Tynecastle, with little atmosphere, which reduced the home advantage for Hearts. I can’t remember if they agreed to reduce prices for the other 2 ties since, or their home replay in 2012.

I can’t understand why fans aren’t more up for early round cup ties. It’s our only real chance of winning something. Live terrestrial tv broadcasts don’t help, which makes our crowd yesterday decent under current circumstances. Pricing is, obviously, important considering how expensive it is to watch Scottish football.

I reckon Hearts should have given out 10 to 15 loyalty points for yesterday’s game and do the same for the next tie.

2 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I think St Johnstone got what they really wanted with the tie they kept the prices up. A half empty Tynecastle, with little atmosphere, which reduced the home advantage for Hearts. I can’t remember if they agreed to reduce prices for the other 2 ties since, or their home replay in 2012.

I can’t understand why fans aren’t more up for early round cup ties. It’s our only real chance of winning something. Live terrestrial tv broadcasts don’t help, which makes our crowd yesterday decent under current circumstances. Pricing is, obviously, important considering how expensive it is to watch Scottish football.

I reckon Hearts should have given out 10 to 15 loyalty points for yesterday’s game and do the same for the next tie.

The cups have been like this for years now regarding crowds.

Unless you draw a close rival the attendance will be low. 

Its a shame. The Scottish Cup was always a big comp(still is) from the first round to the final back in the day. Now it just picks up as you reach the semis. 

Can remember crowds in excess of 20,000 v St Mirren, Motherwell and Dunfermline in the 80s. Hearts always carried a big support for away ties too. 

SectionDJambo
3 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Its a shame. The Scottish Cup was always a big comp(still is) from the first round to the final back in the day. Now it just picks up as you reach the semis. 

Can remember crowds in excess of 20,000 v St Mirren, Motherwell and Dunfermline in the 80s. Hearts always carried a big support for away ties too. 

We used to get home ties on our season ticket as well, which clubs can’t afford now. 

It’s not just Scotland either. The FA Cup has gone the same way, which was unthinkable not that long ago.

The game in the UK is mainly about league  position now, due to prize money and, maybe, the scrapping of the European Cup Winners Cup.

Nelly Terraces
9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Bit harsh on CL there( not line me to defend him), Livi were to blame as they rightly close every avenue off and defend for their lives. Nothing wrong with that. I wasn’t expecting a classic or a goal fest. Not a great performance but we move on.

Yeah might go to next cup.tie but it's not encouraged me to go to any league matches - just found it really boring yesterday & not for the 1st time this season either.

12 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

My season ticket (£400+) is worth 20 loyalty points and you're advocating giving supporters who attend a cup game (with a maximum ticket price of £15) either 10 or 15 loyalty points???

Loyalty doesn't mean showing up for the odd cup game.

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Before Tynecastle was all seated virtually the only fans with ST were in the old stand. Apart from the Hibs and OF games there was loads of room on the terracing so there was no need to commit to a ST.

That has changed now and many are stumping up the money upfront for a ST and see paying extra for a cup game as a non-priority.

Nelly Terraces
54 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I find this a strange post, Nelly. 

You ok or have I missed the sarcasm ?

Nah mate, honestly just find watching Hearts really boring - our football doesn't exactly stir the blood & hasn't for a long while. Didn't get a ST this year, been to a few games though but won't bother with the next couple. Still 'Up For The Cup' though!?

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Yeah might go to next cup.tie but it's not encouraged me to go to any league matches - just found it really boring yesterday & not for the 1st time this season either.

Yeah it wasn’t great, I was watching the singing section for entertainment most of the 2nd half until they sang some shite about the IRA. I think we are all hoping for more excitement and better football in the coming months as most teams aren’t quite as defensive as Livi are.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Maybe need to give priority for the next cup games or big games to those who bought tickets. Some of our fans really get upset about not sitting in their seat too, I like watching the game from different stands to be honest.

3 hours ago, Jeff said:

Folk blaming Levein for a poor game yesterday clearly don't know their football. This is the same Livingston team who've frustrated us, Hibs and Rangers this season. They're one of the hardest working teams in the league and caused us to rush and play route one stuff. When we did get the chance to play football we did play some decent stuff.

Yip - agree with every word of that.