What happened to Jordan McGhee......?

Section Q

At Falkirk I think. Just a young player forced into playing before he was truly ready, due to our situation, seemed to go to his head a bit. 

Had bags of potential but that’s all really. 

Was never as good as he thought he was.

Intact he was an awful defender.

Every time he was put at centre half we were likely to concede. When him and Augustyn(sp) ended up together in defence it was a disaster.

Feck him. Thought he was billy big baws and has now found his level.

Still not forgiven him for that handball v Aberdeen btw. Summed his defensive intelligence up.

Mate of mine is a Falkirk fan says he is a good player for them.

Remember he thought he was too good for us.

Hope he enjoys league 1 next season 

2 hours ago, Section Q said:

Did he get his move to England......?

Currently leading Falkirk to world domination:

7367D717-C6B6-473B-B808-8B311EBF0B84.png

49 minutes ago, Beave1874 said:

Regardless... Did this and gave me major pleasure over my Sheep friends.

Brilliant tackle by McHattie and the bloody ref sent him off and gave a penalty!

Just now, lewis2006 said:

Mind him saying that playing for Boro’s U23 was a step up from Hearts ?

Tosser

Mind when loads of Hearts fans were saying we would get £millions for him.

Very poor judgement. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Mind when loads of Hearts fans were saying we would get £millions for him.

Very poor judgement. 

Not me. Always knew he was shite

12 minutes ago, lewis2006 said:

Not me. Always knew he was shite

Yes.  I didn't rate him as highly as others though you never know for sure. He did seem to be improving around 15/16 but still playing full back and he got impatient. 

I thought he should have stayed at Hearts instead of going to Middlesbrough. Could have developed a bit more. 

At least he is playing regularly now. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Holyrood_Hearts
2 hours ago, lewis2006 said:

Mind him saying that playing for Boro’s U23 was a step up from Hearts ?

Tosser

Spot on, the boy thought he was better than he was. No wonder he hasn’t gone onto better than Hearts. 

Never gave the impression that he was fully concentrated on making it at Hearts, seemed to be all too happy to let his agent play up news stories of interest from other clubs and IIRC, only signed a two year extension towards the end of the Championship season when I'm sure that, at the time, the club would have been keen to secure him on a longer deal.

4 hours ago, Beave1874 said:

Regardless... Did this and gave me major pleasure over my Sheep friends.

This.

Had us daring to believe we actually could stay up. The atmosphere was proper mental after that goal went in :D

16 minutes ago, Dunks said:

This.

Had us daring to believe we actually could stay up. The atmosphere was proper mental after that goal went in :D

Yep. 15 points we don't give a **** ?

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yes.  I didn't rate him as highly as others though you never know for sure. He did seem to be improving around 15/16 but still playing full back and he got impatient. 

I thought he should have stayed at Hearts instead of going to Middlesbrough. Could have developed a bit more. 

At least he is playing regularly now. 

Always thought it was a case if something was repeated often enough it became true. Loads of folk raved about his potential but I never really saw it. Remember seeing him for Scotland u21s a few times as well and he was poor.

No ill will to the guy though. I'm sure he will have a pretty steady career in the Spfl

6 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Only person I’ve ever seen conceding a penalty shepherding the ball out of play. 

Againts the hobbits too :facepalm:

Watch it again . Never a penalty

47 minutes ago, Jlv2004 said:

Yes it was. Downright stupid but a penalty. 

I was angry about it at the time but watched it later . Imo clearly not a penalty . Ref was conned

8 hours ago, Bauld said:

Was never as good as he thought he was.

Intact he was an awful defender.

Every time he was put at centre half we were likely to concede. When him and Augustyn(sp) ended up together in defence it was a disaster.

Yip.

Thinking back I couldn’t believe the amount of people who rated him.

The Apprentice
12 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

I was angry about it at the time but watched it later . Imo clearly not a penalty . Ref was conned

Not worth going over old ground but it was a penalty. Total brain fart moment just like his handball at Pittodrie. 

Just now, The Apprentice said:

Not worth going over old ground but it was a penalty. Total brain fart moment just like his handball at Pittodrie. 

In your opinion . Watch it again

Whether or not it’s a penalty, he’s no ****ing reason to tackle the boy when the ball is going out of play. 

Only outdone one as the worst penalty I’ve seen a Hearts player concede by his absolutely astounding decision to punch a ball in his own penalty area five minutes from the end. 

46 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Whether or not it’s a penalty, he’s no ****ing reason to tackle the boy when the ball is going out of play. 

Only outdone one as the worst penalty I’ve seen a Hearts player concede by his absolutely astounding decision to punch a ball in his own penalty area five minutes from the end. 

Totally agree

Regal Kingston

Came in as a 16 year old and looked a great prospect. 

Its a shame his head was turned. If he stayed here and got his head down he would be in a better place. A good example of what not to do for players coming through. 

Hope he rises back to the top. 

19 minutes ago, Regal Kingston said:

Its a shame his head was turned. If he stayed here and got his head down he would be in a better place. A good example of what not to do for players coming through. 

Interestingly a few , non Hearts , people I know thought he looked like a real prospect . Obviously he did too .

I really think he would have come on a lot more with us . Still young enough to build a good career

Prime example of why having a “good” agent can steer players from chasing the big payday towards building a career that will reap rewards long term.

2 hours ago, Regal Kingston said:

It was tricky. 

Just wasn't rated highly enough at Hearts to play centre half but did play regularly at full back latterly left back.

Ian Cathro started him in 3 at back before he was sacked. 

Maybe  would never have established himself at Hearts. But I thought he should have stayed instead of going to Middlesbrough. Playing is what matters not the position. 

But it is a risk whatever you do. 

J.T.F.Robertson
22 hours ago, Dunks said:

This.

Was at that game, we were down to ten, if I mind.

Also think it was the same game where Paterson put in this tackle over at the Wheatfield and I thought, "we might have a player here". ("enthusiastic" shall we say)

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, It should have been ten said:

Pish player, found his level 

He has no above attributes as a player in my opinion. Not strong in the air, not a leader, not a great passer of the ball. So what he had to do was work his socks off, and he never did that for us. And yes I think the Championship probably is his level, just like Calum Elliot and many others, they weren't good enough for an ambitious club like Hearts