The Global Youth Partner Program - New Hearts initiative

jamboinglasgow

15 hours ago, Peebo said:

Sounds like fairly cynical commercial venture. Which is fine if it brings us value.

As for “AM Sports”, I’d rather our assistant head coach was solely focused on his role his us (I realise he is also involved with NI). 

Does it **** FFS

Access to 1000s of youth players??

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Peebo

• jamboinglasgow

• Mikey1874

• Jammy T

12 hours ago, kila said:

Barcelona are doing some sports education course with Edinburgh University and Hearts and Hibs are also going to be involved too. Maybe this is related.

Clearly a cynical financial pyramid scheme

8 hours ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

It doesn't feel that way. Is it just me or does it feel like we are the busiest off the park club in Scottish football? Obviously I don't follow other teams atall but just can't imagine other clubs work behind the scenes seeming like never ending tasks. We seem so far away from getting back to winning consistently and everyones seems to be caught up with other stuff.

It’s called properly building foundations for the future wellbeing of the club, being innnovative and showing initiative 

How on earth can an adult that can clearly read not understand this?

Edited by Jammy T

15 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Fascinating is not a word I would use to describe this tie up, i will reserve judgement, we would be better off concentrating on our academy and seeing if we can produce our own. Levein has shown this season for sure that he does not trust youth re his treatment of McDonald and Cochrane when the opportunity existed.

Our club has invested a lot in our state of the art academy and youth development which I support, but should it not be bearing more fruit, by that I mean producing players who make the grade at first team level, and can benefit us financially if they eventually move on. The exception being Calum Paterson in recent years and he was at our club pre-admin I believe. It will be argued we have the likes of Cochrane and McDonald, but they are not ready to improve our first team and in reality may not reach a good SPL standard, that is the nature of the game. Some seem to think we are leading the way but every club in this league produces young players, maybe not so good, maybe as good, maybe better. We seem to be a production line for the Championship and lower, which is normal, but should we not also be getting some gems if we are as good as we are meant to be.

5 hours ago, Skacelsid said:

Our club has invested a lot in our state of the art academy and youth development which I support, but should it not be bearing more fruit, by that I mean producing players who make the grade at first team level, and can benefit us financially if they eventually move on. The exception being Calum Paterson in recent years and he was at our club pre-admin I believe. It will be argued we have the likes of Cochrane and McDonald, but they are not ready to improve our first team and in reality may not reach a good SPL standard, that is the nature of the game. Some seem to think we are leading the way but every club in this league produces young players, maybe not so good, maybe as good, maybe better. We seem to be a production line for the Championship and lower, which is normal, but should we not also be getting some gems if we are as good as we are meant to be.

I actually laughed out loud when I read this, you've clearly never watched any of our youth teams.  Believe me, our academy will produce some stars.

8 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Does it **** FFS

Access to 1000s of youth players??

Not sure it really gives us access to 1000s of youth players. Given work permit regulations and Brexit etc., I doubt more than a tiny percentage would ever even be eligible to sign for us.

It will bring in some incremental revenue and help promote the Hearts brand, both of which have commercial benefit. 

8 hours ago, Jammy T said:

It’s called properly building foundations for the future wellbeing of the club, being innnovative and showing initiative 

How on earth can an adult that can clearly read not understand this?

Let’s not kid on here, they understand perfectly but if there’s an angle to throw in some negativity and a pop at the coaching staff they’ll use it.

This is a fantastic initiative, which will attract talent and new revenue to the club.

1 hour ago, Finlay James said:

I actually laughed out loud when I read this, you've clearly never watched any of our youth teams.  Believe me, our academy will produce some stars.

I like the thought of having an academy that produces first team players 

When you're saying well produce some stars what level are you expecting these stars to reach  and at what age are they playing at now?

I've watched a few of the reserve games and we've got a few decent prospects but still a long way to go 

Hopefully these stars you mention are in the system somewhere

21 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Let’s not kid on here, they understand perfectly but if there’s an angle to throw in some negativity and a pop at the coaching staff they’ll use it.

This is a fantastic initiative, which will attract talent and new revenue to the club.

When you state this initiative will attract talent, what do you mean? 

Talent as in a circus? I would love to think that there are indeed stars in our youth teams but over the years I have seen loads of "stars" fall by the wayside, Paterson being an exception yet he was one of the worst players in the youth team at that time.

31 minutes ago, Peebo said:

When you state this initiative will attract talent, what do you mean? 

With exposure to international tournaments against some big names, the opportunity to work with coaches across the global and generally a much higher profile than other clubs we will attract more youth players to the club who may have gone west or south previously. Not sure if there’s an opportunity to bring in youth players from abroad, I guess we’ll see if that if an option.

2 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Talent as in a circus? I would love to think that there are indeed stars in our youth teams but over the years I have seen loads of "stars" fall by the wayside, Paterson being an exception yet he was one of the worst players in the youth team at that time.

What a lot of shite. 

12 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

With exposure to international tournaments against some big names, the opportunity to work with coaches across the global and generally a much higher profile than other clubs we will attract more youth players to the club who may have gone west or south previously. Not sure if there’s an opportunity to bring in youth players from abroad, I guess we’ll see if that if an option.

Yes, I agree that this all helps build up our brand and helps sell the club to players in the pool of talent we are currently recruiting from.

On the latter point, I’ve seen various comments (not just here) which imply people think that through this deal, we’ve suddenly unlocked a huge pool of talent in the US from which it will be easy to sign players, and that’s the driver behind the deal. The idea (not yours!) that this will give us meaningful access to 1000s of US-based youth players is not based on reality. 

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

I watched a lot of games when Paterson was in the u19s after he came to Hearts and that is nonsense.

I think the idea is great and is a welcome new approach from the club.

My concern is the choice of partner....ideally we should be linking up with one of the top clubs. The US has a well defined system where a small group of clubs have been selected to develop talent for the national team under the banner of the US development academy.... our partner is not one of these clubs.  Not sure how good the club is, but it’s profile is very low.  I don’t think they have ever been at any of the top soccer tournaments in the US.

Well I can assure you I watched more and he was always getting played in different positions rather than the wide right he played for tbc. The standouts were Holt and Walker.

Building a global brand is a superb development, and I'm delighted we have people running the club who have such ideas. 

Edinburgh is an international city, and particularly with the Fringe here, Hearts (and Hibs) have the opportunity to market the club to football fans the world over.

This is one reason why we are focusing on building a modern inclusive ethos among everyone who supports us.

On 19/12/2018 at 10:34, kila said:

Barcelona are doing some sports education course with Edinburgh University and Hearts and Hibs are also going to be involved too. Maybe this is related.

https://www.fcbarcelona.com/en/news/948547/bara-innovation-hub-signs-agreement-with-university-of-edinburgh-to-collaborate-with-online-training-projects#

Footballfirst

Tournament for the 2005 age group scheduled for April 2019.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/heart-of-midlothian-invitational-2019-1

The club is thrilled to announce details of the inaugural Heart of Midlothian Football Club Invitational, to be held at the Oriam Performance Centre in April 2019.

Comprising of Pro Academy boys teams from Scotland, England, Belarus and the US, the tournament will consist of a four-league group stage followed by semi finals and a final.

Participating clubs include English Premiership giants Arsenal and Liverpool, as well as Olympic Development Programme Squads from the US.

Chris Duke, Director of the USA Olympic Development programme, said:

“We are honoured and delighted to be attending this prestigious event to be hosted by Heart of Midlothian. In our time visiting Hearts we were blown away by the history and passion for the club.

"Throughout our meetings with Ann, Craig, Austin, Roger Arnott and Gary Locke we could see and feel how much they all cared about the club, how well structured the club is and how they were all aligned in their belief that the academy and its process should in time bring them consistent European football.”

The USA Olympic Development Programme will bring its four regional teams: East region, West region, South region and Mid-west region.

Rangers, Hibs and Aberdeen will also form part of the competition, alongside Belarusan club Dynamo Brest – whose current chairman is Diego Maradona.

Taking place between the 8th and 10th of April at the world class Oriam Performance Centre, the 2005 age group teams will play a minimum of four 60-minute games each, enabling the young Jambos to test their skills against some of the brightest talents from around the globe.

The Heart of Midlothian Invitational follows on from the launch of the club’s Global Youth Partner Programme. US based Forza Futbol Club became the first partner club and will benefit from the coaching and backroom skills at Hearts, with both clubs working towards a player development pathway.

You can read more about the programme, which is in partnership with AM Sports Tours, here.

Mad Budge oot!!!

Levein and coaching staff oot!

PR and Marketing people oot!

You're ruining our club.  We want to be a reserve team for the far right fascists football association and to be fully recognised as diet huns.  It's the only way!

PS If anybody wants to hire a plane to vent their spleen, I have the contact details foTokubetsu Kōgekitai Airlines.

Edited by colinmaroon

22 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Mad Budge oot!!!

You're ruining our club.  We want to be a reserve team for the far right fascists football association and to be fully recognised as diet huns.  It's the only way!

PS If anybody wants to hire a plane to vent their spleen, I have the contact details foTokubetsu Kōgekitai Airlines.

Honestly... what are you slavouring on about? So folk question the potential outcome of this link & they are far right facist, diet huns? 

The tournament sounds good. Especially bringing in big clubs around the UK & Europe. 

rudi must stay
21 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Clearly a cynical financial pyramid scheme

No. It's definatly not pyramid selling

(Peep Show related comment there)

1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

Mad Budge oot!!!

Jesus ****ing wept. 

3 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Mad Budge oot!!!

Why  would you think anyone who's questioned this is fascist? 

Or wants to hire a plane?

Folk can have genuine questions without being anything other than just hearts fans .

If your going to slaver rubbish on here I'd suggest you go back to hibs.net( see what I did there) 

It's quite worrying to think you might actually be a hearts fan

jamboinglasgow
3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Tournament for the 2005 age group scheduled for April 2019.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/heart-of-midlothian-invitational-2019-1

Good to see this organised. Always felt the club should have a youth tournament organised.

Though looking at the list of clubs, where there will be 4 leagues, I count Us, Liverpool, Arsenal, Rangers, Hibs, Aberdeen, Dynamo Brest and the four US Olympic development teams, means there is 11 teams. Do you think there will be another club (or is Forza coming over as well) or they will only have 11 teams.

15 hours ago, Peebo said:

Not sure it really gives us access to 1000s of youth players. Given work permit regulations and Brexit etc., I doubt more than a tiny percentage would ever even be eligible to sign for us.

It will bring in some incremental revenue and help promote the Hearts brand, both of which have commercial benefit. 

You realise Brexit doesn’t apply re the USA?

In fact immigration will become fairer because the racism endemic in providing Europeans with automatic entry to the UK ahead of people from India, Africa, people from Asia and of course North and South America will facilitate a much fairer immigration system with it being more likely that we will be able to get visas for American citizens because there won’t be so many Europeans flooding in.

I still don’t understand why people don’t get this either. 

You realise there is a very big world out there outside the failing EU countries?

Edited by Jammy T

13 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Good to see this organised. Always felt the club should have a youth tournament organised.

Though looking at the list of clubs, where there will be 4 leagues, I count Us, Liverpool, Arsenal, Rangers, Hibs, Aberdeen, Dynamo Brest and the four US Olympic development teams, means there is 11 teams. Do you think there will be another club (or is Forza coming over as well) or they will only have 11 teams.

Would be a great first step to get Forza over but if not then it could be good to ask Hibs.

Ideally we want people thinking about and talking about Edinburgh clubs. Having both increases the chances.

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Would be a great first step to get Forza over but if not then it could be good to ask Hibs.

Ideally we want people thinking about and talking about Edinburgh clubs. Having both increases the chances.

Hibs are already going to be part of the competition (along with Rangers and Aberdeen.) I do agree though that I think its right to have both Hearts and Hibs in these competitions (as much as anything get the youngsters an extra taste of beating Hibs.) 

At the start of the D O F tenure he said at his first AGM that he was going to open satellite coaching schools all over Scotland and take the best players and bring them into the Academy . Then we were going  with Cathro and the Box Soccer he left and that seems to have fell through. Now we are looking at this new initiative

with AM Sports which might be a money making scheme to some at the club  and who do you promote first from the the Academy or AM sports (conflict of interest ?) .

jamboinglasgow
7 minutes ago, ando said:

At the start of the D O F tenure he said at his first AGM that he was going to open satellite coaching schools all over Scotland and take the best players and bring them into the Academy . Then we were going  with Cathro and the Box Soccer he left and that seems to have fell through. Now we are looking at this new initiative

with AM Sports which might be a money making scheme to some at the club  and who do you promote first from the the Academy or AM sports (conflict of interest ?) .

We still have satellite schools. Box soccer was brought in about a season and a half before cathro joined and has kept going since he left.

51 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

You realise Brexit doesn’t apply re the USA?

In fact immigration will become fairer because the racism endemic in providing Europeans with automatic entry to the UK ahead of people from India, Africa, people from Asia and of course North and South America will facilitate a much fairer immigration system with it being more likely that we will be able to get visas for American citizens because there won’t be so many Europeans flooding in.

I still don’t understand why people don’t get this either. 

You realise there is a very big world out there outside the failing EU countries?

I do realise that, yes. Lived in the US for a number of years, as it happens. Has given me a wee bit of insight into both US youth football and immigration (both ways). I probably “get” more than you think.

Right now, a young American player within our price range has next to no chance of getting a UK work permit. One way around that would be the holding of a EU passport. After Brexit, that avenue is shut. The numbers of people were are talking about is pretty small, so I doubt any fundamental shift in the immigration system post-Brexit will suddenly ease the passage in signing up uncapped 17-year olds from the US. 

4 hours ago, allystrachan said:

Honestly... what are you slavouring on about? So folk question the potential outcome of this link & they are far right facist, diet huns? 

The tournament sounds good. Especially bringing in big clubs around the UK & Europe. 

1 hour ago, jambocub said:

Why  would you think anyone who's questioned this is fascist? 

Or wants to hire a plane?

Folk can have genuine questions without being anything other than just hearts fans .

If your going to slaver rubbish on here I'd suggest you go back to hibs.net( see what I did there) 

It's quite worrying to think you might actually be a hearts fan

3 hours ago, Peebo said:

Jesus ****ing wept. 

What a precious bunch!

Who is it that has been most vociferous about wanting Ann Budge out?  That malignant minority! 

But you three, if you're not in that bunch of wallopers of course, are still offended!

So it's offensive to use a bit of hyperbole to have a go at that mob for you sensitive wee souls who, it has to be said, aren't backward in coming forward when someone posts something they don't agree with., as per the above.

Straight question, are you in the Budge out mob or not?  If you are, it was for you.  If not, grow a pair!

PS At least one of you actually stated a fact!  Praise His Name!

22 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

We still have satellite schools. Box soccer was brought in about a season and a half before cathro joined and has kept going since he left.

Touché

!

2 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

What a precious bunch!

Who is it that has been most vociferous about wanting Ann Budge out?  That malignant minority! 

But you three, if you're not in that bunch of wallopers of course, are still offended!

So it's offensive to use a bit of hyperbole to have a go at that mob for you sensitive wee souls who, it has to be said, aren't backward in coming forward when someone posts something they don't agree with., as per the above.

Straight question, are you in the Budge out mob or not?  If you are, it was for you.  If not, grow a pair!

I’m not sensitive, nor am I offended. I just thought your post was utterly cringeworthy and a load of guff. 

I’m not in the Budge out brigade. Not sure why discussing this initiative or thinking your post was shite would put me in that camp. Nor do I need to “grow a pair”. 

As I said, jesus ****ing wept. 

6 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

What a precious bunch!

Haha. I’m not offended by your comments, I just thought you were blabbing on about something that isn’t relevant in this thread. The only people saying ‘budge out’ in this thread are the people trying to be sarcastic & funny. I’m also not sensitive or precious but thanks for your concern.

To answer your question, I’m actually in the Budge in camp. I hope she stays on after FOH take over. That’s not to say I agree with everything she says or does but she’s mostly done a great job. Still don’t think anyone from Forza Futbol will make a significant impact in the Hearts first team. Here’s hoping they do & you can quote me to tell me I’m wrong in 8-10 years.

Tell me about these satelite school's am interested where they are, not Balerno High School surely who got beat from Currie High last season with Hearts players in side.

jamboinglasgow
33 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Tell me about these satelite school's am interested where they are, not Balerno High School surely who got beat from Currie High last season with Hearts players in side.

No. They are not the same thing and I think you know that but trying to get another dig in.

11 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Hibs are already going to be part of the competition (along with Rangers and Aberdeen.) I do agree though that I think its right to have both Hearts and Hibs in these competitions (as much as anything get the youngsters an extra taste of beating Hibs.) 

We can scout all their players. Job done. 

3 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Youth Football isn't as results focussed as full time professional sides plus school teams are fairly mixed regardless of a handful of boys. 

But aye anything to have a pop...

18 hours ago, Peebo said:

I’m not sensitive, nor am I offended. I just thought your post was utterly cringeworthy and a load of guff. 

I’m not in the Budge out brigade. Not sure why discussing this initiative or thinking your post was shite would put me in that camp. Nor do I need to “grow a pair”. 

As I said, jesus ****ing wept. 

You would recognise cringeworthy posts!

Obviously a *******IIIII  (Fill in as required, according to your level of sensitivity).

As I said, if it wasn't for you, what are you getting your knickers in a twist about?

PS Again, Praise His Name!!!

55 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

You would recognise cringeworthy posts!

Obviously a *******IIIII  (Fill in as required, according to your level of sensitivity).

As I said, if it wasn't for you, what are you getting your knickers in a twist about?

PS Again, Praise His Name!!!

My knickers are not remotely twisted. 

• 2 weeks later...
jamboinglasgow

Noticed that there is AGM minutes and slides up on the official website.

One of the slides had about the invitational tournament, it says there is still one team to be added (answers a question I had earlier.) However something else it mentioned is that Hearts will be having two more youth tournaments in this year. So it will go:

April 2019 - 2005 age group

July 2019 - 2007 age group

November 2019 - Girls Tournament.

I know its not a big news, but found it interesting and good that we are having more than one competition to give our teams more experience. 

• 1 month later...
North Berwick Jambo

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/global-youth-partner-programme-update

I saw this update today & it got me thinking about doing this in other areas of the world especially in Asia etc  Over here in Spain,  Espanyol signed a Chinese player called Wu Lei, he played for 12 minutes last week and the impact was amazing. Check this out!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.marca.com/en/football/spanish-football/2019/02/07/5c5c66a2e2704e2d728b46a0.html

I know there is a vast difference between La Liga & the SPFL but is the Chinese market one we should also be considered along with USA? 

Edited by Ibiza Jambo

10 minutes ago, Ibiza Jambo said:

I saw this update today & it got me thinking about doing this in other areas of the world especially in Asia etc  Over here in Spain,  Espanyol signed a Chinese player called Wu Lei, he played for 12 minutes last week and the impact was amazing. Check this out!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.marca.com/en/football/spanish-football/2019/02/07/5c5c66a2e2704e2d728b46a0.html

I know there is a vast difference between La Liga & the SPFL but is the Chinese market one we should also be considered along with USA? 

That is amazing figures

30 minutes ago, Ibiza Jambo said:

Wu Lei has many, many caps and cost a couple of a million quid. That’s not a market we are in.