• Bridge of Djoum

• The Internet

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

Another DVD getting prepared as a sequel to "Rangers the return - 3 days at the top"

:lol:

This is a strange season 

5 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

With Christie and Griffiths out, they have a problem. 

Has Griffiths even played much this season? I have barely noticed him if he has tbh. 

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

With Christie and Griffiths out, they have a problem. 

Christie maybe but Griffiths was just a bench warmer for them this season anyway. 

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

It’s called realism.  Google it.  I bet you predicted we’d win all the recent games we’ve been pumped in?

I didn't. The last match thread I predicted 0-0 and said I'd be delighted with a point.

There is no comparison with Burley's team of 05/06 imo. That team had flair and creativity all over the park. They used to fly out the traps from the first whistle and scored goals for fun. We had a great start to the season but , regardless of injuries, we don't have enough quality to sustain it. A lot of the games were won by fine margins and Oct/Nov was always going to be a big test of our quality. Recruitment,  tactics and in game management have been our biggest problem. All of the top 6 or 7 teams have had good and bad spells this season, and have suffered from injuries too. They could all pose the "what if" question. 

I'm pretty happy with the result as things stand. Some small part of me thinks we may actually put in a title challenge if/when Naismith, Souttar and Uche are all fit again so seeing Sellick drop points I not a bad thing, even if it is against the wee team.

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

It’s not an argument. Sorry to disappoint 

My point stands. Yours does not.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

There is no comparison with Burley's team of 05/06 imo. That team had flair and creativity all over the park. They used to fly out the traps from the first whistle and scored goals for fun. We had a great start to the season but , regardless of injuries, we don't have enough quality to sustain it. A lot of the games were won by fine margins and Oct/Nov was always going to be a big test of our quality. Recruitment,  tactics and in game management have been our biggest problem. All of the top 6 or 7 teams have had good and bad spells this season, and have suffered from injuries too. They could all pose the "what if" question. 

Absolutely. Very good post. We have been Jekyll and Hyde. Jekyll overdue his return 

7 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Ah, that old chestnut.

May I remind you that there are hundreds, if not more Hearts fans living abroad, several I know donate significantly to FOH and other causes the club is involved with.

Also, I think I'm right in saying at least one of the admin here live abroad. Your argument is as weak as it is irrelevant.

Doubt you will have a hibs fan nipping your head at the office the morra though.

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I didn't. The last match thread I predicted 0-0 and said I'd be delighted with a point.

Fair enough.  You knew we’d struggle at Livi but expect to win at ER, a ground we don’t win at anymore?  A game we need battlers, not the bottlers that chucked it at Livi.

It’s good that Naismith will be fit again but I think the damage has been done.  Confidence shot with far too many players.

9 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

And if Hibs winning ruins your weekend as you put it, ''what a shite weekend'', you clearly live a happy and fulfilling existence. :rofl:

It's easy for you to switch off we have to put up with all the mocking and one upmanship from friends,relatives and workmates. 

I fecked off to Spain when the 2016 SC final was on and it saved my sanity.

It's been the most miserable weekend in a football sense for me in years.

So please spare us the smarmy remarks. 

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Harry Potter said:

Doubt you will have a hibs fan nipping your head at the office the morra though.

Now THAT is a good point. 

I get it in the neck via messages, calls, texts and such. But not in the flesh. 

1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Now THAT is a good point. 

I get it in the neck via messages, calls, texts and such. But not in the flesh. 

Turn the phone off, lol.

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Fair enough.  You knew we’d struggle at Livi but expect to win at ER, a ground we don’t win at anymore?  A game we need battlers, not the bottlers that chucked it at Livi.

It’s good that Naismith will be fit again but I think the damage has been done.  Confidence shot with far too many players.

I always expect to beat Hibs, mate. Sometimes more in hope than actual expectation. **** realism, I'll never admit to thinking that mob will beat us.

You're right on the confidence part. I feel. Difficult to repair after a while.

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Harry Potter said:

Turn the phone off, lol.

I've been close to launching it into the Hudson recently.

Team with larger budget loses important players to injury.

Doesn't perform and loses.

Odd. Surely this never happens in football. Brendan sacked by dinner time.

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Claiming the crowd is 18,142 ???

As always, tickets sold rather than bums on seats. Every club does it.

6 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Surely nobody is suggesting that Levein's motley bunch should be mentioned in the same breath as that team? 

7 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

I'm pretty happy with the result as things stand. Some small part of me thinks we may actually put in a title challenge if/when Naismith, Souttar and Uche are all fit again so seeing Sellick drop points I not a bad thing, even if it is against the wee team.

A title challenge????

sorry but that’s just never going to happen  

12 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Every team in the league struggling away from home. 

Thank God for that, now 5-0 defeat away to Livingston is acceptable.

?

6 minutes ago, luckydug said:

It's easy for you to switch off we have to put up with all the mocking and one upmanship from friends,relatives and workmates. 

He lives in America. He might’ve mentioned it before. 

Just now, VALDOS said:

Looking at the table this is not really an ideal result, even though it will have Brenda greetin the night.

Not sure how to view it tbh. Obviously Celtic dropping points is helpful but there is now a very serious chance of us ending the year as low as 8th unless we get our act together very quickly.

Just now, theshed said:

A title challenge????

sorry but that’s just never going to happen  

The league is highly unpredictable this year - anything can happen. It's very unlikely we'll challenge but I want to continue to believe for now while it's still relatively close; you never know. If we can get our key players back and hit the form of early season, with Vanacek being an absolute goal machine then we could at least be up around the top of the table at the end of the season.

3 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Team with larger budget loses important players to injury.

Doesn't perform and loses.

Odd. Surely this never happens in football. Brendan sacked by dinner time.

Maybe if they win 1 in 9, losing 6 of those games with a goal difference of  -16 during that 9 game stretch your point might actually be worthy. They won't and it isn't though. 

Bridge of Djoum
9 minutes ago, luckydug said:

You speak like I've never experienced it.

I had decades of it, chum. I don't forget what it feels like.

So please, spare me your dramatics.

8 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Claiming the crowd is 18,142 ???

People still bring this up? Most teams do this. It's tickets sold. It has been for years.

2 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Maybe if they win 1 in 9, losing 6 of those games with a goal difference of  -16 during that 9 game stretch your point might actually be worthy. They won't and it isn't though. 

They get a bail out from the refs after every loss.

Just to make sure there is no crisis or panic.

4 minutes ago, VALDOS said:

Looking at the table this is not really an ideal result, even though it will have Brenda greetin the night.

it’s not ideal bud. We’re struggling and being drawn into a clutch of teams ready to pounce if another bad result comes.

We’re not a team gaining momentum and looking at pushing up the table with confidence.  

Others around us are. 

5 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Thank God for that, now 5-0 defeat away to Livingston is acceptable.

?

What a strange post.

Bazzas right boot

If they hadn't won the lc, Rogers job would be on the line. 

Out the Ucl. 

Bawhair from out of the europa. 

With a £60m wage budget struggling in the league. 

Ifs and buts, but if we hadn’t t had half a team ****ed we'd have been clear. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

it’s not ideal bud. We’re struggling and being drawn into a clutch of teams ready to pounce if another bad result comes.

We’re not a team gaining momentum and looking at pushing up the table with confidence.  

Others around us are. 

We will get momentum back once our better players come back. 

We went 14 unbeaten before the injuries, have a little faith. 

3 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Would take mallan and the boy mackie btw .........

Young Ryan Porteous for me. Goes in hard and passes well. Great prospect.

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

We will get momentum back once our better players come back. 

We went 14 unbeaten before the injuries, have a little faith. 

Amen.

The_razors_edge
1 minute ago, RDSK said:

At least everyone will be leaving Easter Road happy today. High-giving eachother as they walk along Easter Road. 

The only game in Scotland where it’s a win-win

9 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

People still bring this up? Most teams do this. It's tickets sold. It has been for years.

That fact should be a 'sticky' on the main page. Comes up every single week.

2 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Young Ryan Porteous for me. Goes in hard and passes well. Great prospect.

Yep, he had a good game today, like a poor mans souttar.