We're in talks with someone tonight. Any ideas?

chester copperpot

chester copperpot

I've been told that we're in talks with someone. Any idea's who.

I aint gonna reveal sources, because I was so far off the mark with Weiss. So has anyone got idea's who it is?

This might get moved to the Gullit lounge.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chester copperpot
Santini.

;)

God I hope so mate. Did get it confirmed, but dunno who it is.

monkfish1979
Why do clubs do middle of the night talking?

Do staff never sleep?

Time zones, man. It's Bruce Arena......

jamboinglasgow
I've been told that we're in talks with someone. Any idea's who.

I aint gonna reveal sources, because I was so far off the mark with Weiss. So has anyone got idea's who it is?

This might get moved to the Gullit lounge.

Think at this point I think that Hearts will not want the person named until they have pen on paper as if they are serious about being hearts manager than they shouldn't talk to the press as this has been the mistake in the past.

hopefully it means it is a non-pyramid manager, maybe even Santini as he said he would say no more until there was something more in place.

Generic Username

Don't worry about being off the mark before Andy, just let us know what you've heard.

Any news is better than no news, or something like that.

chester copperpot
Why do clubs do middle of the night talking?

Do staff never sleep?

Maybe this was just a txt from earlier on today. Just coz I got the SQ wrong, doesn't mean I've got this wrong.

I have since had 2 txts to say this is taken off, we are pretty much in talks now. And no, before you ask, I aint in touch with the marketing dept of Hearts. Hope to feck its true.

davemclaren
Hope to feck its true.

Doesn't that depend on who it is? I assume you don't know given the jist of your post. :rolleyes:

If we are in talks with someone then that would at least fit in with Frail leaving.

- what makes this situation any different from the talks we've allegedly been having since January?

And why would Frail sitting his UEFA licence be big news one day then he's gone the next?...

Whether your for or against Frail, something smells very vlad here, this doesn't sound its been pre-planned, this sounds like a romanov knee-jerk execution.

Pre-season preparation? - total joke.

:mad:

jamboinglasgow
Maybe this was just a txt from earlier on today. Just coz I got the SQ wrong, doesn't mean I've got this wrong.

I have since had 2 txts to say this is taken off, we are pretty much in talks now. And no, before you ask, I aint in touch with the marketing dept of Hearts. Hope to feck its true.

did the texter say anything like they cant say who it is but it is a decent manager

Only a Game
Some Lithuanian no-mark?

I dont think we get "in talks" with Lithuanians. Vlad sends them flight tickets and a map and thats the negotiation over.

- what makes this situation any different from the talks we've allegedly been having since January?

And why would Frail sitting his UEFA licence be big news one day then he's gone the next?...

Whether your for or against Frail, something smells very vlad here, this doesn't sound its been pre-planned, this sounds like a romanov knee-jerk execution.

I posted in hope but with no expectation that what I was saying was right.

chester copperpot
did the texter say anything like they cant say who it is but it is a decent manager

My txt went like this.....

'We're in talks with someone to take over, cant say who but he's over trying to get the job. Better than who we can ever hope for'.

As I said, Its a rumour, but those who know me know I dont make up rubbish. I was wrong with Weiss, but it was the same guy who gave me this info, who;s actually a decent source. Those who know me will confirm this,

haganajambo

I just posted on the Frail Gone thread that I was told the players and backroom staff were told a management team would be in place by Wednesday next week so this links in with the original poster's thing!

A mixed feeling of dread and excitement. Mostly dread.

monkfish1979
"Better than who we can ever hope for"

Arena. You know I'm right. I'm guessing, of course, but you know I'm right. ;)

Think you will find the link posted regarding Frail's coaching course was from April. Dont know why it resurfaced.

jamboinglasgow
"Better than who we can ever hope for'.

unsure if that is supposed to be good or bad :confused:

My txt went like this.....

'We're in talks with someone to take over, cant say who but he's over trying to get the job. Better than who we can ever hope for'.

As I said, Its a rumour, but those who know me know I dont make up rubbish. I was wrong with Weiss, but it was the same guy who gave me this info, who;s actually a decent source. Those who know me will confirm this,

Och - just text him again, ask for the initials and promise you won't reveal it to ANYONE (can you text wi yer fingers crossed?)

:dribble:

chester copperpot

Mate, if i had a name, I'd name it, I've got owt to lose, seen as my last one was so rubbish.

I just give the info I've been given. Was right with the stadium stuff, was wrong with the Weiss stuff, dont think we're far off announcing summat.

Only a Game
Arena. You know I'm right. I'm guessing, of course, but you know I'm right. ;)

Arena ??

jamboinglasgow
Mate, if i had a name, I'd name it, I've got owt to lose, seen as my last one was so rubbish.

I just give the info I've been given. Was right with the stadium stuff, was wrong with the Weiss stuff, dont think we're far off announcing summat.

wasn't going at you. Dont worry I know that is all you know, just trying to analyse the text and what the line means.

chester copperpot
Och - just text him again, ask for the initials and promise you won't reveal it to ANYONE (can you text wi yer fingers crossed?)

:dribble:

Mourinho, would you believe it, :rolleyes:

I have no idea, but its not someone mentioned.

monkfish1979

Can only be good, man. Had it said "better than expected" (where expected = somebody that meets the minimum requrements to be regarded as sentient) it would be far less good. "hoped for" implies greater than or equal to Gullit.

monkfish1979
Arena ??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Arena

Former US national team coach. He's from Brooklyn and is therefore cool.

Edit* - and has, I believe (rightly or wrongly) been linked to us in the past. That was probably on that idiotic football rumours site, though.

Why can't you just call your source and ask outright?

jamboinglasgow
Can only be good, man. Had it said "better than expected" (where expected = somebody that meets the minimum requrements to be regarded as sentient) it would be far less good. "hoped for" implies greater than or equal to Gullit.

Guess your right, hopefully it is shown in the next day or two.

Only a Game
Mourinho, would you believe it, :rolleyes:

I have no idea, but its not someone mentioned.

so its not Santini then ?

chester copperpot
so its not Santini then ?

I hope so, but I doubt it mate. I have no idea, but its come from someone connected with the club

Only a Game
I hope so, but I doubt it mate. I have no idea, but its come from someone connected with the club

sorry i thought you said it wasnt someone mentioned. Did I pick you up wrong ?

chester copperpot
sorry i thought you said it wasnt someone mentioned. Did I pick you up wrong ?

I said someone not mentioned. But would love Santini to get the gig. As I said earlier, I will love whoever gets the job, I just want someone to get the job mate.

Jimmy McNulty

Edit* - and has, I believe (rightly or wrongly) been linked to us in the past. That was probably on that idiotic football rumours site, though.

COuldnt support a manager called Bruce :)

Only a Game
I said someone not mentioned. But would love Santini to get the gig. As I said earlier, I will love whoever gets the job, I just want someone to get the job mate.

ah right.

so by someone not mentioned you meant his name wasnt mentioned in the text.........not that he hasnt been mentioned on here or elsewhere as a possible manager ?

Auld Reekin'

Vlad is in talks with the voices in his head.

Only a Game

ah right.

Might be a work permit issue there as well then, or do Americans get special dispensation ?

Archived