We're in talks with someone tonight. Any ideas?

chester copperpot

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chester copperpot
ah right.

so by someone not mentioned you meant his name wasnt mentioned in the text.........not that he hasnt been mentioned on here or elsewhere as a possible manager ?

and its any wonder why the traditionalists hate you. I agree with them with this one, especially when you act like an 'extra sock'.

HeartyGraeme
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Arena

Former US national team coach. He's from Brooklyn and is therefore cool.

Edit* - and has, I believe (rightly or wrongly) been linked to us in the past. That was probably on that idiotic football rumours site, though.

That should yank some chains.

BobbyJenkins
and its any wonder why the traditionalists hate you. I agree with them with this one, especially when you act like an 'extra sock'.

Harsh , unless ive missed something.

Only a Game

Chill for christs sake. I was only asking you to clarify what you meant by "someone not mentioned"...not interrogating you or trying to catch you out

chester copperpot
Chill for christs sake. I was only asking you to clarify what you meant by "someone not mentioned"...not interrogating you or trying to catch you out

Ok ;) Sorry.

How I would love it if Romanov was to pull a big fat rabbit out of a shiny new hat but all I can see is a no markakaukas with little English and probably little actual experience of management heading our way :(

Generic Username

Andy just bloody tell us!

I'm sitting in a barristers office, doing absolutely hee-haw and i demand some news to brighten up my day!

Arena. You know I'm right. I'm guessing, of course, but you know I'm right. ;)

Jesus I would rather have ANY random Lithuanian no-mark than this fat Deputy Dawg lookalike.

Watching his New York team last year was absolute murder, the most boring man of all time, no Plan B, not even really a Plan A!!!

Oh, and all the professional dealings I had with him last year showed him up to be a self-centered, arrogant t0ssp0t.

So, no thanks!

Generic Username
Jesus I would rather have ANY random Lithuanian no-mark than this fat Deputy Dawg lookalike.

Watching his New York team last year was absolute murder, the most boring man of all time, no Plan B, not even really a Plan A!!!

Oh, and all the professional dealings I had with him last year showed him up to be a self-centered, arrogant t0ssp0t.

So, no thanks!

Doesn't sound any better or worse than what we've had the last couple of seasons does it :P

colinmaroon

That's Jesus' Name mentioned twice on this thread (not counting quotes)!!!

I can assure you that, unfortunately, He is not after the job!!!

But LM is!!!

heartsfc_fan

JOHN COLLINS

ok...I'll take my jacket......and leave.........................

But LM is!!!

Used to love watching him as a kid although hated the play acting in his game-Miko will fit in well if his philosophy is still the same ;)

I said someone not mentioned. But would love Santini to get the gig. As I said earlier, I will love whoever gets the job, I just want someone to get the job mate.

I have to say Andy, even if this thread turns out to be another non starter on here it was certainly what JKB needed tonight after the Mann and Frail news-'A Glimmer of hope'-Well done ;)

Seymour M Hersh
Some Lithuanian no-mark?

Surely talks wouldn't be involved just a directive sent down from on high.

Alright its lunchtime and as its end of financial year here i am currently working my knackers off doing 14 hr shifts...this thread has become the only think keeping me going....but need more info soon...:P

Heading to the airport hopefully by the time i get back from holidays Chester will have got something right. :P

Generic Username

I think the jobs going to Bruce Forsyth.

Simply by appointing him we'll easily sell 3 or 4 thousand season tickets. Granted it'll be to old biddies but bums on seats is what counts :P

The Real Maroonblood
I said someone not mentioned. But would love Santini to get the gig. As I said earlier, I will love whoever gets the job, I just want someone to get the job mate.

It was mentioned on a station.

Waverley Station.

:)

Simply by appointing him we'll easily sell 3 or 4 thousand season tickets. Granted it'll be to old biddies but bums on seats is what counts :P

Good Game Good Game

Generic Username
Good Game Good Game

Nice to s....

I'm sorry, I can't bring myself to do it!

But LM is!!!

Hope not. Other than amassing a huge amount of caps, not done anything to suggest he's any better than the names already mentioned.

Just been announced

Fatih Terim:eek:

That may not be a bad call, meaning we we could do worse if it WAS him - which I doubt!

Hans von Luck
Hope not. Other than amassing a huge amount of caps, not done anything to suggest he's any better than the names already mentioned.

Would still take him before Frail though ;)

Gilberts Fridge

I Heard it was Jim Bowen,

Look at what you could have won

boom boom

Generic Username
I think it is Davros and he will be revealed around 7pm Saturday on BBC1.

That would be the announcement to rock Scottish football and give Dr Who a right scare.

Generic Username
Maybee Vlad bit the bullet and finally called Scalla.:rolleyes:

What's the betting he probably still couldn't speak English? :P

I Heard it was Jim Bowen,

Look at what you could have won

boom boom

I disagree. Vlad is actually Jim Bowen. He's been doing his 'here's what you could have won' routine for roughly three seasons now.

Glenn Hoddle has been available for some time and his former sidekick, John Gorman, left Southampton earlier this week.

Not suggesting, only pointing out for interest's sake.

I used to get excited at the anticipation generated by threads like this.....now I just get a sense of fear that we're gonna end up with another point for people to ridicule.

Thanks for passing on the info you were given CC, fingers crossed it ends favourably and not with yet more egg on our faces!

Drylaw Hearts
Glenn Hoddle has been available for some time and his former sidekick, John Gorman, left Southampton earlier this week.

Not suggesting, only pointing out for interest's sake.

Has Hoddle not just started a Football Academy of some sorts in Spain ?

Infact did Rix not join as one of the Coaches ?

For the over 16's obviously.

Walter Kidd
Has Hoddle not just started a Football Academy of some sorts in Spain ?

Infact did Rix not join as one of the Coaches ?

For the over 16's obviously.

;)

vaders uncle

Just read an article on the BBC sport website saying Lothar Matthaus has emerged as a possible candidate along with Jacques Santini.

I was also amussed at MR Mann now leaving the Hearts fold. Now who is going to tell us what is going on..................we don't get to know so thetre is a job saved. I could do that for the same money.:dribble:

portobellojambo1

We're in talks with someone tonight. Any ideas?

Robert Mugabe could be looking for a new job by this weekend, would imagine he is the sort of guy that could build up a rapport with the supporters and the press, could be him. Probably be able to conduct an AGM properly as well (Mugabe, "those were the minutes and details of the accounts, hands up everyone who agree with them, please take into account that if you do not put your hand up you will be shot immediately")

It's Cilla Black.

It's Miss Cilllllllllaaa Bllllack

Said the annoying 'Our Graham' voice over guy on

Blinddddd Ddddateh

It could be anyone really. But I would love to see the piece of paper that Vlad has written his list of candidates on......was McGhee top, or did he have bigger ambitions?

And when McGhee fell through, did he think 'OK next on the list is Vladimir Weiss'.

And then 'OK Thordar next'.......

I'm not holding out much hope of Santini, Matthaus or indeed anyone I have heard of and have respect for on any scale, because there is no evidence to suggest Vlad has any real criteria for applicants.

I fear that it will be someone who, in Donkey's words on talk107, 'would be a world record Scrabble score'

At this stage I would take John Barnes.....

portobellojambo1
It could be anyone really. But I would love to see the piece of paper that Vlad has written his list of candidates on......was McGhee top, or did he have bigger ambitions?

And when McGhee fell through, did he think 'OK next on the list is Vladimir Weiss'.

And then 'OK Thordar next'.......

I'm not holding out much hope of Santini, Matthaus or indeed anyone I have heard of and have respect for on any scale, because there is no evidence to suggest Vlad has any real criteria for applicants.

I fear that it will be someone who, in Donkey's words on talk107, 'would be a world record Scrabble score'

At this stage I would take John Barnes.....

Not sure if you really had to tell us that, there is some information you should keep to yourself. In this case it might have been a better idea if you had stuck to suggestions for the future manager.

Good luck with John by the way, hope the two of you get on really well.

Archived