Statement ?

GorgieRules22

scott herbertson
11 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

How do you suggest the club enforces this on away fans? Given that we don't sell directly to away fans we don't know who they are. 

We can identify the seat numbers to rangers and ak to be copied n on any sanctions they take, also that they don't sell to those fans identified again.

I am struggling to think who this would apply to as you couldn't do it for the singing , just stuff like coin throwing i'd imagine?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• redm

• Hearts_fan

• Phil Dunphy

• GorgieRules22

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

How do you suggest the club enforces this on away fans? Given that we don't sell directly to away fans we don't know who they are. 

Em.....let's see......by reducing their allocation ?

17 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

As I've said above - you make it crystal clear to the visiting club that any sort of disorder or unacceptable conduct will not be dealt with on an individual basis, but will instead be dealt with by restrictions which will be placed on their support as a whole.

Match 1 - club has 3500 tickets or whatever the full Roseburn is. You warn them that in order to preserve that allocation, they need to behave themselves.

During match 1, they ignore the warnings, and the sing songs, standing, missile throwing or whatever else continue.

Post match 1, you announce that as a result of the behaviour - allocation for match two will be reduced by one section.

Match 2 - club gets 4 sections of the roseburn instead of 5. You warn them that once again, their conduct will reflect upon any future allocation for match 3.

If during match 2 they behave themselves, you reward it by returning them to their 'full' allocation for match 3.

Or, if during match 2, they continue to flaunt the rules - you punish it by reducing their allocation by another section for match 3.

Allocation then either goes up or down a section subject to minimum and maximum limits all depending on the previous fixture.

If they cannot behave themselves, then within a year or two, they'll be sitting on the bare minimum allowable ticket allowance and have no one to blame for it but themselves.

Sounds like making a rod for your own back to me.

Once you start insisting on closing sections for 'safety' purposes, you'd best hope your own fans are going to behave like absolute angels.

You'd also best hope your away support are squeaky clean too.

7 minutes ago, Erik said:

As I've said above - you make it crystal clear to the visiting club that any sort of disorder or unacceptable conduct will not be dealt with on an individual basis, but will instead be dealt with by restrictions which will be placed on their support as a whole.

Match 1 - club has 3500 tickets or whatever the full Roseburn is. You warn them that in order to preserve that allocation, they need to behave themselves.

During match 1, they ignore the warnings, and the sing songs, standing, missile throwing or whatever else continue.

Post match 1, you announce that as a result of the behaviour - allocation for match two will be reduced by one section.

Match 2 - club gets 4 sections of the roseburn instead of 5. You warn them that once again, their conduct will reflect upon any future allocation for match 3.

If during match 2 they behave themselves, you reward it by returning them to their 'full' allocation for match 3.

Or, if during match 2, they continue to flaunt the rules - you punish it by reducing their allocation by another section for match 3.

Allocation then either goes up or down a section subject to minimum and maximum limits all depending on the previous fixture.

If they cannot behave themselves, then within a year or two, they'll be sitting on the bare minimum allowable ticket allowance and have no one to blame for it but themselves.

This is pretty much where i am with this right now.

If we are serious about tackling fan behaviour then this is the route to take. Personally i don;t care too much if naughty songs are sung, or if the away support stand, but Ann has to tackle this head on...or just leave it with the police to deal wth.

One thing i would say is that, in the meantime, they need to remove the seats directly behind the goal - perhaps for the middle three sections. Just the first row, but enough to deter anyone from flinging microphones or punching our keeper.

5 minutes ago, redm said:

Once you start insisting on closing sections for 'safety' purposes, you'd best hope your own fans are going to behave like absolute angels.

Indeed

12 minutes ago, redm said:

There are already measures in place covering our home supporters and the standards of behaviour expected from them - hence the threat of bans and emails and whatever else.

Away supporters - that comes down to how other clubs want to handle it - if Rangers wanted to do the same kinda thing then so be it.

It would need fine tuned for sure, what I've posted above were my own personal musings chucked together within 5 minutes of giving the idea some thought. Perfect? Probably not - but its a darn sight better and more convincing than 'we don't welcome bigots or racists or missile throwers or coin chuckers - unless you are in the away end in which case its up to you what you do because we just want your money and that means more to us than maintaining any sort of equal treatment of the visitors to our stadium'.

Also - i'm not saying 'close sections for security reasons' - i'm saying take back sections from away supporters as punishment for bad behaviour. Bit of a difference.

Edited by Erik

fabienleclerq
19 minutes ago, redm said:

Is this whataboutary....

The club made a rod for their own back by setting a standard for the home end and not the whole stadium.

Geoff Kilpatrick
6 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Simple. We make the visiting team take responsibility by them recording names, addresses and seat number sold. And if they fail to comply, we cut their allocation.

Geoff Kilpatrick
5 hours ago, redm said:

I think you have more chance of seeing "absolute angels" if you show you are prepared to come down on ANYONE who is out of line in the manner you've stated. Otherwise, all you've written is flannel but you managed to piss off your own support in the process.

PeterintheRain
6 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Laser targeted machine guns linked to the CCTV.

5 hours ago, redm said:

Likewise threatening to close part of our own stadium to our own fans because fans won’t sit down is making a rod for your own back for obvious reasons.

PeterintheRain
5 hours ago, Erik said:

If during match 2 they behave themselves then you keep the reduced allocation as you've just shown how to control them.  Never ever give up our home advantage by rewarding scum with the entire end again.

The club could quite easily take a very strong stance on all unacceptable conduct within hour own stadium, for home and away fans. At the same time they could encourage other clubs to do the same with our fans if they misbehave on the road.

Doing nothing will solve nothing.

Focussing on our own fans will make the situation worse IMO. All the club is doing is making a group of people angry, a group that will likely go out of their way to misbehave as a result of a perceived injustice.