Statement ?

GorgieRules22

GorgieRules22

Where is the statement this morning questioning the match officials on their decisions and what was said to Craig Levein pre match ? The sectarian singing from the away end for the entire 95 minutes ? The bottles thrown at Zlamal after he was assaulted by a Rangers player ?

Quick enough at releasing a statement of any home fan does any wrong doing though.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• redm

• Hearts_fan

• Phil Dunphy

• GorgieRules22

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Where is the statement this morning questioning the match officials on their decisions and what was said to Craig Levein pre match ? The sectarian singing from the away end for the entire 95 minutes ? The bottles thrown at Zlamal after he was assaulted by a Rangers player ?

Quick enough at releasing a statement of any home fan does any wrong doing though.

I think Craig already made a statement about his stuff. 

21 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

We are responsible for our own fans behaviour.

GorgieRules22
5 minutes ago, ali_jambo said:

So it’s ok for Rangers fans to throw bottles at players ???

GorgieRules22
25 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Will be happy enough with what Levein said.

Less is more. 

Less is more ? Explain why please.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Aye, over the moon. 

Rangers can take care of their following. 

I wouldn't get too excited. 

CL on the radio was more than enough regarding the match officials. He went to town. 

13 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Levein saying it is enough

And bear in mind Levein has previous with the SFA where it's not so likely they will take him on

Club complaining about referees takes us to Rangers' level.  We do need something to change this run of decisions. Has stopped us from being top of the league albeit with Celtic games in hand. 

No I'm afraid to say it looks like we are going to forever be rangers and celtics bitches atleast we have a manager that has the balls to question them though just wish Ann was more like him.

Edited by Bongo 1874

No. Obviously not.

Rangers fans' bad behaviour should be cracked down on, but ultimately it is the responsibility of the police and Rangers FC to do so.

Stop trying to tie it to Ann Budge rooting out bigots etc in our support.

We won’t say or do anything about the behaviour of any support that is gifted the full Roseburn. We’re too reliant on their money. 

4 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

We won’t say or do anything about the behaviour of any support that is gifted the full Roseburn. We’re too reliant on their money. 

You can bet your boots that half the folk demanding we cut down the OF allocation would also be among the first to scream blue murder about not having enough quality/strength in depth to cope with a spate of injuries or whatever.  Not having 43 strikers. That sort of thing. Like dropping six figures every year is something we can easily afford to do.

It's pretty simple - if Hearts supporters demonstrate enough demand, they'll cut OF allocation. 

It's no' fair! ? Why are we no' allowed tae act like the dregs of society but they are?

It's because we care about you, we couldn't care less about them. 

4 minutes ago, redm said:

You can bet your boots that half the folk demanding we cut down the OF allocation would also be among the first to scream blue murder about not having enough quality/strength in depth to cope with a spate of injuries or whatever.  Not having 43 strikers. That sort of thing. Like dropping six figures every year is something we can easily afford to do.

It's pretty simple - if Hearts supporters demonstrate enough demand, they'll cut OF allocation. 

Then perhaps the club should look into developing a system that doesn’t leave us so reliant on them crossing our palms with silver. 

Notice I didn’t demand we cut anyone’s allocation. Just that the club should grow a backbone and condemn the actions of a support who come to town and throw missiles or punches at OUR players and supporters. Keen to take action and threaten our own supporters, not so keen to be seen taking a stance against those who wrong us. 

1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Then perhaps the club should look into developing a system that doesn’t leave us so reliant on them crossing our palms with silver. 

Notice I didn’t demand we cut anyone’s allocation. Just that the club should grow a backbone and condemn the actions of a support who come to town and throw missiles or punches at OUR players and supporters. Keen to take action and threaten our own supporters, not so keen to be seen taking a stance against those who wrong us. 

It's not about being reliant upon them though, it's about being competitive and not making daft commercial decisions. There's really not a huge amount to gain from having 1000 or so less of them. It's desirable but I'm not sure it's sensible or practical.

As for other fans, they're the problem of their own clubs, not ours. Rangers (especially) are not the sort of yard stick we should be using for anything at all. If they cause damage, they pay for it, and if they act up they embarass themselves - not us. 

2 minutes ago, redm said:

It's not about being reliant upon them though, it's about being competitive and not making daft commercial decisions. There's really not a huge amount to gain from having 1000 or so less of them. It's desirable but I'm not sure it's sensible or practical.

As for other fans, they're the problem of their own clubs, not ours. Rangers (especially) are not the sort of yard stick we should be using for anything at all. If they cause damage, they pay for it, and if they act up they embarass themselves - not us. 

BBC Sportscene won't "embarrass" them that's for sure!!  There will be no witch hunt over Rangers fans throwing bottles at our keeper that's for sure!!

Just now, Stuart Lyon said:

Will the antics in the goalmouth after Arfield assaulted Bobby lead to another incitement charge by the SFA?

Nope - the Rangers Get Out Of Jail card comes into play.....

Seymour M Hersh
7 minutes ago, redm said:

I disagree. Remember in the Championship when we cut their allocation you hardly heard them meaning their team hardly heard them. For me it makes a great deal of difference.

6 minutes ago, redm said:

I’m just fed up being used as a punching bag by both the media and the club itself. 

Espeocally when other supporters come to Tynecastle and can act with complete impunity. 

52 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Aye, over the moon. 

Rangers can take care of their following. 

I wouldn't get too excited. 

CL on the radio was more than enough regarding the match officials. He went to town. 

Heard Craig on the radio, 100% spot on with his comments.

10 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

BBC Sportscene won't "embarrass" them that's for sure!!  There will be no witch hunt over Rangers fans throwing bottles at our keeper that's for sure!!

Well, no, probably not. Fortunately for us most people with even a passing interest in Scottish football know exactly what they're like.

It's still frustrating (if not remotely surprising) that the theme will undoubtedly be "OMG LOOK RANGERS AT TOP OF LEAGUE!" rather than anything else.

1 hour ago, GorgieRules22 said:

IF Mrs B decided to issue a statement it would be a few days later once she had taken time to reflect, it wouldn't be a knee jerk one, CL did that yesterday and hit the bullseye!

1 hour ago, GorgieRules22 said:

What was said to CL prematch?

13 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Sportscene was quick enough to highlight CL openly criticising the referee but failed to show any of the incidents he complained about apart from the offside goal, funny that

4 minutes ago, redm said:

Well, no, probably not. Fortunately for us most people with even a passing interest in Scottish football know exactly what they're like.

And where does that get us, exactly?

2 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

What was said to CL prematch?

The referees chief had advised CL and Austin that, by setting up a line on the 18 yard line, it makes to easier for linesmen to spot when someone is offside. 

9 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I disagree. Remember in the Championship when we cut their allocation you hardly heard them meaning their team hardly heard them. For me it makes a great deal of difference.

We beat them 2-0 and they had ten men from early on during that first home tie in Championship though - they're all quiet when they're losing. 

Pretty sure we'd already won the league by the time we drew with them at end of the season. 

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, redm said:

We beat them 2-0 and they had ten men from early on during that first home tie in Championship though - they're all quiet when they're losing. 

Pretty sure we'd already won the league by the time we drew with them at end of the season. 

They only had 2 blocks in the first game at Tynecastle. 

3 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Sportscene was quick enough to highlight CL openly criticising the referee but failed to show any of the incidents he complained about apart from the offside goal, funny that

They were also quick to put up Clare's tackle in defence of Morelos not getting carded.  Anybody who do not think the BBC have a real agenda against Hearts have their head in the stand!!

1 hour ago, ali_jambo said:

We are responsible for our own fans 

Hearts are responsible for all spectators who enter Tynecastle. Hearts have to be seen to have taken all necessary steps try to ensure order is kept in all areas of the ground. It's long past the time that the double standards that appear to be in play at the moment we're stopped.

Just now, Thomaso said:

They were also quick to put up Clare's tackle in defence of Morelos not getting carded.  Anybody who do not think the BBC have a real agenda against Hearts have their head in the stand!!

I disagree they are not anti Hearts as such , just pro Old Firm. Doesn't stop me hating BBC Glasgow though.

27 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Will the antics in the goalmouth after Arfield assaulted Bobby lead to another incitement charge by the SFA?

Good point 

8 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

And where does that get us, exactly?

Where does it get us if people do talk about Rangers and how awful they are?

1 hour ago, ali_jambo said:

56 minutes ago, ali_jambo said:

No. Obviously not.

Rangers fans' bad behaviour should be cracked down on, but ultimately it is the responsibility of the police and Rangers FC to do so.

Stop trying to tie it to Ann Budge rooting out bigots etc in our support.

35 minutes ago, redm said:

I just cannot agree with any of the above kinda views to be honest. All this 'get our own house in order first' chat is chronic.

Whilst we play at Tynecastle, 'our house' is the place as a whole. Not pre-selected elements of it depending on what part you sit in or what colour you wear.

If rules regarding acceptable supporter conduct are to be applied - then quite simply that HAS to be across the board.

The behaviour of those sitting in the away absolutely IS in the interests of Hearts to keep tabs on. The selective nature of the criticisms and the definition of whats acceptable and unacceptable make the whole thing a farce.

6 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

I disagree they are not anti Hearts as such , just pro Old Firm. Doesn't stop me hating BBC Glasgow though.

We will need to disagree then. Hearts constantly get a rough ride from them!

7 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

They only had 2 blocks in the first game at Tynecastle. 

I'd be more tempted to think that the unbeaten run we were on/confidence being sky high and an early red card for Rangers had more to do with our win that day than pinning it on a smaller allocation though.

7 minutes ago, redm said:

Where does it get us if people do talk about Rangers and how awful they are?

It shows that clubs like Hearts won’t accept assaults on our players or missiles being thrown into the Hearts support. 

Rightfully telling our supporters that that behaviour isn’t acceptable. About time we grew a pair and said the same about others. 

18 minutes ago, Erik said:

I just cannot agree with any of the above kinda views to be honest. All this 'get our own house in order first' chat is chronic.

Whilst we play at Tynecastle, 'our house' is the place as a whole. Not pre-selected elements of it depending on what part you sit in or what colour you wear.

If rules regarding acceptable supporter conduct are to be applied - then quite simply that HAS to be across the board.

The behaviour of those sitting in the away absolutely IS in the interests of Hearts to keep tabs on. The selective nature of the criticisms and the definition of whats acceptable and unacceptable make the whole thing a farce.

I just don't care an awful lot about what other clubs or their fans do. Plus, I only have to see them and share the same space with them 2/3 times max a season. And you do have to get your own house in order before you start point the finger at other people - you just look like a flaky whataboutery merchant otherwise, and nobody takes them seriously.

1 hour ago, redm said:

Yet we seem to be quite happy to threaten to ban that amount of our own fans from Tynecastle if they don't sit down. Is that okay because we already have their season ticket money?

2 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Let’s use getting cheated by a cheating Hun prick of a referee as an excuse to attack the club. Good job. ?

4 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Yet we seem to be quite happy to threaten to ban that amount of our own fans from Tynecastle if they don't sit down. Is that okay because we already have their season ticket money?

I would say money is a major factor in most decisions.

Not a criticism, just a fact of life.

People can pretend otherwise but it doesn't really wash.

As some have said, take the old firm coin if it brings player money in...fair enough...just don't come out with some old pony about away fans not being the club's concern.

That's ridiculous, sorry !

GorgieRules22
3 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Let’s use getting cheated by a cheating Hun prick of a referee as an excuse to attack the club. Good job. ?

Attacking the club by asking for a statement ? Really ?

6 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Attacking the club by asking for a statement ? Really ?

Yeah, taking the subject of us getting cheated, and twisting it in to a snide comment about recent club communications aimed at tackling unruly behaviour. Messed up reasoning for me.

39 minutes ago, redm said:

I just don't care an awful lot about what other clubs or their fans do. Plus, I only have to see them and share the same space with them 2/3 times max a season. And you do have to get your own house in order before you start point the finger at other people - you just look like a flaky whataboutery merchant otherwise, and nobody takes them seriously.

That would only be the case if AB refused to confront our own problems because the away fans are just as bad.

But AB is confronting our problems and there is nothing to stop her doing the same with the away fans at the same time.

25 minutes ago, Gambo said:

I don't think the club has any intention of banning any of our fans, never mind 1000 of them. I think they just want people to play smart for a little while because we have a bit of scrutiny coming our way.

21 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

That would only be the case if AB refused to confront our own problems because the away fans are just as bad.

But AB is confronting our problems and there is nothing to stop her doing the same with the away fans at the same time.

Well, nothing to stop her other than the fact that she's the boss of Heart of Midlothian and not any other club. If Dave King started wittering on about how Hearts fans are naughty I'm pretty certain folk would be astounded by his brass neckery, if they weren't busy laughing at the notion that he thought anyone would care to listen to him. Whataboutery really isn't a good look - it's an defence mostly deployed by little kids. 

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yes there is. The OF whataboutery machine is far larger than anyone else's and due to the amount of Scottish football supporters that seem to depend upon whataboutery, as evidenced by this forum lately, they are able to swamp all other whatabouteries that do not align with their given Whataboutery. I.e. You're fighting a losing battle, the same losing battle we have been fighting for decades, continuously falling into their never ending vortex of whataboutery is exactly what they want as they know they are onto a winner. Maybe, just maybe, it's time to change tactics.

fabienleclerq

Whataboutary is when you say "aye but what about them".

Saying "aye we have some dicks that need dealt with and it'd be better if the club dealt with the away fans in at least the same manner " isn't whataboutary.

We are the only club that treats the away fans better than the home ones.