Milinkovic on loan?

Caramoon

So, we either continue to develop and support guys like Morrison and Macdonald or we bring back someone who renagged on an agreement with CL to chase the cash to go to Hull? Maybe he should start by sacking the agent that convinced him to choose one of the shitiest, minging, depressing towns ( it may even be a city but wtf!) in Britain over the great city we are all blessed to live in, though we do share it with some knobheads. If he wants to save his career he should go cap in hand to Craig and work his nuts of just to prove he’s as good as our kids. Personally, I would tell him to bolt

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• EastSideJambo

• Cruyff Turn

1 hour ago, Caramoon said:

Pretty reliable source told me. Maybe a lot of crap,but we will see. He has been right on many an occasion.

55 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Not a chance. You can quote me on that.

Not a hope in hell!

:interehjrling:

His fitness must be a concern, he is so far out the picture at Hull, I'm sure he is not even playing for the reserves.

Liked him though, i would have him back.

Ok. I like Skinny, a lot. But why would we rake him back to give him game time at the expense of one of our most talented youth players, for him to **** back off to Hull at the end of his loan period??  

Cant see it any way as Mr Levein does not forgive and forget easily. 

5 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Ok. I like Skinny, a lot. But why would we rake him back to give him game time at the expense of one of our most talented youth players, for him to **** back off to Hull at the end of his loan period??  

Cant see it any way as Mr Levein does not forgive and forget easily. 

I'd guess to try and increase our chances of winning more games this season.

Can't see it happening though.

**** him. The club and Levein in particular bent over backwards to keep him at the club after basically kickstarting his going nowhere career, he reacted to that by thinking he was a far better player than he is and chasing money down south.

Worth remembering he was only a sub half the time in shit team last year, Mitchell looked 10x the player he did and even he hasn’t exactly set the heather alight this season.

Edited by Ibrahim Tall

1 minute ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

**** him. The club and Levein I’m particular bent over backwards to keep him at the club after basically kickstarting his going nowhere career, he reacted to that by thinking he was a far better player than he is and chasing money down south.

Worth remembering he was only a sub half the time in shit team last year, Mitchell looked 10x the player he did and even he hasn’t exactly set the heather alight this season.

Spot on and good point about Demi.  

portobellojambo1
2 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

Absolutely no chance. Levein did as much as he could get get him to sign permanently in the summer but was stabbed in the back essentially. 

Absolutely, he rejected us, and has done absolutely feck all wherever he is now, except maybe earn some extra money. I'd prefer us to commit to what we have here rather than bring back someone who said no.

Maiden Gorgie

Worth a punt IMO. Zero risk, if he doesn't cut it again second time round we are not committed to any deal. 

I do think Milinkovic could improve us but, I think his decision to bump us after all the work Levein and his team put in to securing the deal was ****ing outrageous. I respect that Hull offered probably a shit ton more and a better platform but he wasn't ready for a move to that level, both him and his agent should have known that, a blind man could have told you that. I seriously hope they came in at the eleventh hour, because if that deal had been sitting on the table and he let Levein waste his ****ing time for an ego trip (which he seems partial to) then he can piss off. 

Would take him from January to May if it allowed Morrison to get his knee sorted.

After that I wouldn't take him of Morrison was fit to carry on at full fitness next season.

2 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

They’re not as easy to come by at my age... never know when you might use your last one... 

??

FFS, don’t say things like that. :sad: 

rudi must stay

He'd be a fantastic addition. Great player that gets our club, stick him on either wing and watch him scare the life out of defenders again 

He was given the opportunity to stay with us and turned it down.

If he were the only option available I suppose I would take him but there will be other other fish in the sea.  He should not be given a second chance.

I liked him especially in that Celtic game but he has made his bed.....

Bazzas right boot

On loan. 

Small % of wages.. 

I'm in, good option. 

If he wants to be in the first eleven and thinks he's Billy big baws, then naw

2 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Absolutely, he rejected us, and has done absolutely feck all wherever he is now, except maybe earn some extra money. I'd prefer us to commit to what we have here rather than bring back someone who said no.

If he does come to us on loan I suspect he will be costing us next to nothing. Hull will want to put him in the shop window to have any chance to get rid. Opportunity perhaps to boost the options in our squad without affecting the budget?

All speculation anyway. But there’s no doubting he would offer us something different and give us another attacking threat.

The idea that Levein will hold a grudge is one I can’t go with. Levein isn’t stupid and clearly really liked him as a player.

Bazzas right boot
54 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

He'd be a fantastic addition. Great player that gets our club, stick him on either wing and watch him scare the life out of defenders again 

Gets our club? 

Aye, all the greats stay for 6 months then **** off to shitey football team for more money at the first opportunity. 

Aye, great player and gets our club.. 

15 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

If he does come to us on loan I suspect he will be costing us next to nothing. Hull will want to put him in the shop window to have any chance to get rid. Opportunity perhaps to boost the options in our squad without affecting the budget?

All speculation anyway. But there’s no doubting he would offer us something different and give us another attacking threat.

The idea that Levein will hold a grudge is one I can’t go with. Levein isn’t stupid and clearly really liked him as a player.

Spot on.

rudi must stay
9 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Gets our club? 

Aye, all the greats stay for 6 months then **** off to shitey football team for more money at the first opportunity. 

Funny situation, we can't compete with the Championship in the England and he obviously heard about interest there, can't blame him. But he did get our club in my opinion, gave it his all pretty much every game and he built up a decent repor with the fans, would be delighted if he returned

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

Great player???? Aye ok then.

portobellojambo1
1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

I find it a bit strange how some people seem to think he did really well for us. However, I accept people all see things differently. I thought he did well for us in 1 game, versus Celtic at Tynecastle in the 4-0 win. Other than that he was a fairly ordinary player, and I just don't see any benefit in bringing him back to Tynecastle. If we are looking to bring another player or two during the Winter break I'd prefer if we were looking elsewhere, either for a little more experienced players or players who may remain with us for a longer period of time. But again, it is just my preference, and as an opinion it can neither be right or wrong.

He did get our club. He was also a fantastic football player. 

Just thought Id chime in with those truth bombs before he’s written off as shite and only playing one good game in ten... :rofl:

3 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I find it a bit strange how some people seem to think he did really well for us. However, I accept people all see things differently. I thought he did well for us in 1 game, versus Celtic at Tynecastle in the 4-0 win. Other than that he was a fairly ordinary player, and I just don't see any benefit in bringing him back to Tynecastle. If we are looking to bring another player or two during the Winter break I'd prefer if we were looking elsewhere, either for a little more experienced players or players who may remain with us for a longer period of time. But again, it is just my preference, and as an opinion it can neither be right or wrong.

Like someone posted earlier, he was an average player in a shit team last season and that’s how I saw it also.

i agree that the Celtic game was his stand out game for us and that aside I’m struggling to think of any more “great” performances from a “great” player.

i would also rather see us invest in a player or players who will be with us long term.

rudi must stay
11 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

In this league, yes he was and would be again IMO.

5 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

What he was was a good threat, he had quick feet and good energy. If he had been like he was v Celtic every game he wouldn't be anywhere near Hearts, he was amazing that day. But someone who can beat a man and work their socks off, you need guys like that in this league. 

2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

What he was was a good threat, he had quick feet and good energy. If he had been like he was v Celtic every game he wouldn't be anywhere near Hearts, he was amazing that day. But someone who can beat a man and work their socks off, you need guys like that in this league. 

This guy gets it. ?

I’d take him back, tell him he’s been a silly head and let him go back to being loved. He’s meant for Hearts, even if he’s made stupid choices.  Plus he was good 

9 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Ok then.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I'll say it again, much better option than Morrison. Its not even up for debate. If we have any true ambition we need a winger that will beat a man and cause havoc to defences. His energy and work rate alone changes momentum in games.

2 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

An average player in a shit team last season. Can't do anything at another shit team this season.

No thanks.

Correct, made to look good in a team of shite but in reality he was bang average.(with the exception of 1 game)

Edited by Jamboelite

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

Funny situation, we can't compete with the Championship in the England and he obviously heard about interest there, can't blame him. But he did get our club in my opinion, gave it his all pretty much every game and he built up a decent repor with the fans, would be delighted if he returned

Fair, but great player and gets our club... Gtf. 

Decent player who got on well.. Aye. 

?

Bazzas right boot
51 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

I'll say it again, much better option than Morrison. Its not even up for debate. If we have any true ambition we need a winger that will beat a man and cause havoc to defences. His energy and work rate alone changes momentum in games.

Never seen him beat a man. 

He never changed one game. Not one. 

Nb- Not literally, maybe done it once or twice 

2 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Gets our club? 

? 

siegementality
6 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

I don't think CL really wanted him too much in the summer either. I think he was being brought in to please the fans and because he could 'do a job'.

I think CL was more annoyed at the time he had wasted more than missing his man.

You seem to have thought a lot about it.

Not keen, tbh. 

We appeared to spend a lot of time and effort negotiating a compromise/knock down fee to get him released from his contract then Hull sneaked in, offered the same fee, with higher wages, and that was that. 

Left me with the feeling that Milinkovic knew what he was doing all along.

I'm probably completely wrong but my instinct is that he's a wrong-un.

Also feel that the 6 month's wages would be better spent on a player that is more befitting our wonderful club and the good lads and lassies that support it. :)

He certainly makes things happen, and he's not afraid to run into space and at defenders. We badly need some of our attacking players back because at the moment we are dangerously close to losing all of the confidence we had up until the semi final. Zero goals from 4 games is dire stuff, and Celtic have managed to make us look like we're 2 divisions below them in the last 2 games against them. It was like watching Man City v Burton Albion.

Some horrendous revisionism here if Milinkovic signed with us in the summer I can guanratee there would be barely a single post questioning his ability.