Milinkovic on loan?

Caramoon

Some maybe were not impressed by Milinkovic, he was not perfect,   but he made more impression than Mulraney, Amankwaa, Clare, and Wighton put together. IMO. Did not comply to our coaching manual in that he preferred to getting forward rather than defensive duties and safe passing. Not comparing him but Naismith ( not a "by the book" player ) also looks to get forward into scoring areas and inspires those around him that is why we are missing him more than any of our injured players. I would take DM back even if for an impact player, especially when we get back to our full strength, nobody seems to come off the bench and get us a goal.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• EastSideJambo

• Cruyff Turn

I hope the young boys are watching and learning. He was flying high at the jambos and was clearly loving the adulation. Offer from hull came in - I’m not slagging him off for going as the wages will be much better - and then it’s gone completely pear shaped for him probably cos he moved there too soon. If there was a deal to be done that suited hearts, I’d take him back. If not, then let’s move on 

8 hours ago, Baxfee said:

I hope the young boys are watching and learning. He was flying high at the jambos and was clearly loving the adulation. Offer from hull came in - I’m not slagging him off for going as the wages will be much better - and then it’s gone completely pear shaped for him probably cos he moved there too soon. If there was a deal to be done that suited hearts, I’d take him back. If not, then let’s move on 

The answer might be a 6 months loan deal in January.  That would give us enough time to see if his recent Hull experience has made him appreciate what he had here.

1 minute ago, queensferryjambo said:

No.

He was far too inconsistent and his behaviour at Hull of late shows how seriously he takes his football.

An inconsistent winger? That's a first.

Do we sometimes remember players with rose tinted glasses. I know I probably do. You look back and you think a player was maybe alot better than he was.

I would love to see Novikovas back a great ping on him and on international duty still looks sharp. A talented lad

queensferryjambo
Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

An inconsistent winger? That's a first.

I liked him he was good on his day just he never had too many of those days in fact very few if you look back on last season. He will always be remembered for the goals in the Celtic game. 

Weirdly the less he got picked for the first team last season the better a player he became on here :)

Just now, queensferryjambo said:

I liked him he was good on his day just he never had too many of those days in fact very few if you look back on last season. He will always be remembered for the goals in the Celtic game. 

Weirdly the less he got picked for the first team last season the better a player he became on here :)

What's even weirder is that people are lining up to say they wouldn't take him back, despite the fact we couldn't hit a cows arse with a moonbeam and Morrison has gone completely off the boil, under what can only be described as some form of pride.

25 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

Looks like he's failed miserably at Hull.

Would you take him back after the way he ended up leaving?

Abso****inglutely.

He was made to look better than he was  in a shite team.

Just cause we are struggling at the moment doesnt mean if you are going to spend money it should be on him.

We don’t need another inside left type player when we have Naismith, Clare and Wighton already. Djoum has also played that position in a 4 man midfield. 

We need an out and out winger who can skin their man and cross a ball. Probably someone that can play on the right rather than the left anyway. 

Even if there was a vacancy in his position, I wouldn’t want him back and I doubt CL would want him back either. Same goes for Jamie Walker. Both of them have had a severe dose of Karma after thinking they were better than us. **** them. 

Edited by Cruyff Turn

9 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

He was made to look better than he was  in a shite team.

Just cause we are struggling at the moment doesnt mean if you are going to spend money it should be on him.

7 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Bring him back. Defenders all over the place wheh he was on. 

Both valid points. 

He was in a shite team but he's also an attacking midfielder that we sorely lack. 

20 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

We don’t need another inside left type player when we have Naismith, Clare and Wighton already. Djoum has also played that position in a 4 man midfield. 

We need an out and out winger who can skin their man and cross a ball. Probably someone that can play on the right rather than the left anyway. 

Even if there was a vacancy in his position, I wouldn’t want him back and I doubt CL would want him back either. Same goes for Jamie Walker. Both of them have had a severe dose of Karma after thinking they were better than us. **** them. 

Rather have Milinkovic than Wighton, Clare or Djoum. 

26 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Djoum has also played that position in a 4 man midfield.  

Our issues summed up in one sentence.

5 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Rather have Milinkovic than Wighton, Clare or Djoum. 

Perhaps but we’re pretty covered in that position.

3 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Our issues summed up in one sentence.

Hardly our main issue at the moment. Bar Peter Haring, Djoum has performed better than any of our other midfielders despite playing in an unnatural position.

9 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Perhaps but we’re pretty covered in that position.

My point is he would offer more than all three put together so we could change our tactics, style etc. 'More options' . 

9 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Hardly our main issue at the moment. Bar Peter Haring, Djoum has performed better than any of our other midfielders despite playing in an unnatural position.

Djoum is completely wasted out wide.

Him playing wide left at Ibrox was a horror show.

5 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

My point is he would offer more than all three put together so we could change our tactics, style etc. 'More options' . 

Possibly but they are here now on long term contracts so i doubt we’ll be looking to add another in that position. 

3 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Djoum is completely wasted out wide.

Him playing wide left at Ibrox was a horror show.

Agree he is. Should be in the middle.

12 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Possibly but they are here now on long term contracts so i doubt we’ll be looking to add another in that position. 

Agree he is. Should be in the middle.

Then having someone else who can play out there would be beneficial? Especially one who has shown a bit of quality for us out there already.

20 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Then having someone else who can play out there would be beneficial? Especially one who has shown a bit of quality for us out there already.

You have to think about how we’d play with everyone fit and present though. 

Vanecek. Uche

Naismith                        Morrison

Haring Djoum/Lee

or with Dunne, Berra and Souttar fit we could move to a back 3 and then Naisy would play behind the two forwards. 

Milinkovic is only effective coming in off the left, not as a winger on the right. When we’ve played with Uche & MacLean, Naismith has played that role, drifting in from the left and when defending as a unit, in shape, that is where he’s usually found, on the left. 

Fair play if folk don’t see it the same way but I think it’s the right side that we need to strengthen as we’ve been over reliant on young Morrison. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Vanecek. Uche

Haring Djoum/Lee

or with Dunne, Berra and Souttar fit we could move to a back 3 and then Naisy would play behind the two forwards. 

Milinkovic is only effective coming in off the left, not as a winger on the right. When we’ve played with Uche & MacLean, Naismith has played that role, drifting in from the left and when defending as a unit, in shape, that is where he’s usually found, on the left. 

Fair play if folk don’t see it the same way but I think it’s the right side that we need to strengthen as we’ve been over reliant on young Morrison. 

Milinkovic is streets ahead of Morrison.

4 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Vanecek. Uche

Haring Djoum/Lee

I'm not saying we should bring him in to replace Morrison.

But to make sure we never have to live through Djoum out wide again.

1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Indeed, I’m not sure we CL keeps playing him there when he Djoum had played some of his best games as an attacking mid under Robbie. 

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Vanecek. Uche

Haring Djoum/Lee

Totally agree. A new winger on the right would be a terrific signing, right now our only threat is Smith and we are asking alot of him defending and bombing forward plus putting a good cross in.

As for Milinkovic, he'd be a fantastic signing. He's even comfortable in the centre just Infront of two (Haring, Lee) this could be useful in any game. I think Milinkovic is a player we are missing, Uche helped us forget about him but the more of those types (no fear roll their sleeves up players the better)

7 hours ago, Top Corner said:

Looks like he's failed miserably at Hull.

Would you take him back after the way he ended up leaving?

Leaving?  He was never our player to start with 

Milinlovic was a bright spark in a very poor Hearts side last year 

We've signed better players than last year and he'd struggle. He isn't even that good too up his own erse and he's been found out at Hull 

I'd happily swap him for Djoum though 

EastSideJambo
12 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Maybe we wouldn't have endured Djoum wide left if Garrucio/Mitchell combination had been adopted at any stage this season 

Possibly an outlandish suggestion 

EastSideJambo
11 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Totally agree. A new winger on the right would be a terrific signing, right now our only threat is Smith and we are asking alot of him defending and bombing forward plus putting a good cross in.

As for Milinkovic, he'd be a fantastic signing. He's even comfortable in the centre just Infront of two (Haring, Lee) this could be useful in any game. I think Milinkovic is a player we are missing, Uche helped us forget about him but the more of those types (no fear roll their sleeves up players the better)

Is it not likely that we'll see Sean Clare play wide right idc 

• 1 month later...

Played the whole game for Hull today. Got a decent short review on his first game back since August. There’s a screenshot on his Instagram story from some Hull newspaper. That puts any milinkovic to hearts speculation to bed then. 

50 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Played the whole game for Hull today. Got a decent short review on his first game back since August. There’s a screenshot on his Instagram story from some Hull newspaper. That puts any milinkovic to hearts speculation to bed then. 

Meh, probably already said on this thread, but a fairly average journeyman pro for me with the ability to produce the occasional above average performance...has a reputation amongst some of our support that his overall contribution didn’t come close to justifying...

Just now, JamboGraham said:

Meh, probably already said on this thread, but a fairly average journeyman pro for me with the ability to produce the occasional above average performance...has a reputation amongst some of our support that his overall contribution didn’t come close to justifying...

Yup, he would produce decent enough displays in the big atmosphere games, then would do very little in the run-of-the-mill games. 

I got the impression Levein wasn't too keen on him.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
19 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

arrived in January didn't play every week team struggling and got 6 goals and 5 assists - don't know who you're comparing him to if you think that's pretty average