A potential Save our Hearts 2?

Martin_T

Those of you without access to the private members board are probably unaware that this has been mentioned in dispatches on there. However I think it is becoming increasingly obvious that Heart of Midlothian FC will continue to be a farce under the ownership of Vladimir Romanov, this cannot and should not be tolerated. So what options are available to us?

First in my opinion, we need to get all of the heads of the various fans groups together, guys like Alex Gowans and Derek Watson. I'd also like to see Dougie Masterston and Iain MacLeod, who did a magnificent job in the first SoH campaign involved. We need to agree on what we are trying to achieve and issue a joint statement condemning the way the club is being run.

We are also fortunate as a club and a group of supporters to have several high profile political supporters of the club, including the current first minister Alex Salmond, they could serve if so willed, to give a real oxygen of publicity to the cause, as well as giving us significant influence at government both at national and local level.

So what options are available for protest? What do people think would be most effective?

Sheriff Fatman

Christ are we not on Save Our Hearts 2000 by now, the amount of times it has been talked (and f-all done) about.

i really think if we do **** this season again , then he has to go no doubt about it. he will not be seen at tynecastle if i have anything to do with it.

if however we finish 3rd would that be seen as a successful season considering he said we would win the league within 3 seasons with him at the helm, then again he said we would win the champions league after 5 years?

the guys a madman gtf romanov your not wanted.

PresidentRomanov
Those of you without access to the private members board are probably unaware that this has been mentioned in dispatches on there. However I think it is becoming increasingly obvious that Heart of Midlothian FC will continue to be a farce under the ownership of Vladimir Romanov, this cannot and should not be tolerated. So what options are available to us?

First in my opinion, we need to get all of the heads of the various fans groups together, guys like Alex Gowans and Derek Watson. I'd also like to see Dougie Masterston and Iain MacLeod, who did a magnificent job in the first SoH campaign involved. We need to agree on what we are trying to achieve and issue a joint statement condemning the way the club is being run.

We are also fortunate as a club and a group of supporters to have several high profile political supporters of the club, including the current first minister Alex Salmond, they could serve if so willed, to give a real oxygen of publicity to the cause, as well as giving us significant influence at government both at national and local level.

So what options are available for protest? What do people think would be most effective?

I may be wrong, but I think Iain Macleod is happy with the way the club's being run.

And Alex Salmond :4_1_72:

As stated in the members lounge, I feel that moment nears quickly. I would say that once July kicks in we should pursue this.

I would agree that those that have been over this ground before should be first brought in and I would also want to see credible aims drawn up. Protesting "since we aint happy" is not enough, we have to know exactly what it is we are protesting against and what we aim to achieve.

I would take part in this; Post July 1st.

since the fact some people haven't received there money back from the first campaign i bet they would be thrown into the kitty for this one?

We are also fortunate as a club and a group of supporters to have several high profile political supporters of the club, including the current first minister Alex Salmond,

I doubt Salmond even knows where Tynecastle is. :dribble:

I may be wrong, but I think Iain Macleod is happy with the way the club's being run.

And Alex Salmond :4_1_72:

From what I gather on the Private Members lounge, Iain is happy as a long as an autonmous Head Coach is brought in, increasingly it is looking likely that the club will not fufill this promise.

..and yes, the support of Salmond would be helpful.

I doubt Salmond even knows where Tynecastle is. :dribble:

What do you suggest is done about the situation if the footballing side of the club in particular, continues to be run in such a farcical manner?

PresidentRomanov
From what I gather on the Private Members lounge, Iain is happy as a long as an autonmous Head Coach is brought in, increasingly it is looking likely that the club will not fufill this promise.

Why is that looking unlikely - because Charlie Mann's just been emptied :confused:

And once again, Alex Salmond :4_1_72:

PresidentRomanov
What do you suggest is done about the situation if the footballing side of the club in particular, continues to be run in such a farcical manner?

I suggest posting a load of crap on this message board, and chucking rattles about the place, everytime some totally irrelevant piece of news is announced on Talk 107 :rolleyes:

Sheriff Fatman

And very little chance of actually happening.

For any group to succeed in getting Romanov to go, what you need is cold hard cash and a shed lot of it. If Save Our Hearts showed anything it is that Hearts fans could or would not raise anything like enough to actually do anything concrete. You can have all the Red Card ( or is that paper aeroplane) protests and black balloon protests you want, but if we can't raise at least 10 times what we raised during the first incarnation, it is pointless.

Why is that looking unlikely - because Charlie Mann's just been emptied :confused:

And once again, Alex Salmond :4_1_72:

It is looking unlikely cause in over 6 months of trying the club still hasn't managed to secure an appointment, with nothing apparently imminent...

Explain yourself regarding Salmond then? Why would high profile support from the Scottish first minister not be beneficial....

Or are you limited to accusing people of being fickle and answering with smilies?

Sheriff Fatman
Why would high profile support from the Scottish first minister not be beneficial....

It would be benificial, but it would only happen on cloud cuckoo land. Like it or not he has far bigger fish to fry than Hearts and our supporters.

Pants Shaton

What are we hoping to achieve through this?

No number of protests will be capable of removing the majority shareholder and conjuring up a secret billionaire Hearts supporter waiting in the wings to save the club.

Without the financial backing of Romanov (UBIG), or an alternative owner with similar levels of wealth, the club cannot continue in its current form (i.e. at Tynecastle).

Either the stadium redevelopment plan is genuine, in which case it will begin fairly soon, or it is more Romanov hot air. If the latter is true (and I fear that it is) the only hope for survival is leaving Tynecastle.

I believe that, in the meantime, all we can do is exert pressure on him to abandon his interference in footballing matters. The most direct method being a refusal to renew season tickets. If the club's PR machine is to be believed, the majority of supporters were happy to mandate another 12 months of the same.

Why would high profile support from the Scottish first minister not be beneficial....

For the umpteenth time, Salmond is NOT a Hearts supporter. :rolleyes:

Do you honestly think the First Minister's role is to get involved because a football club can't find a manager and is not performing as well as it should on the park?

I agree that it is about time something was done.

A statement from a united fans group that is balanced. One that reasonable puts forward the fans views on the way things stand at the club at the moment.

This would only be a start.

Raising money? Nah.

But we need to raise awareness about the fact that we aren't happy.

At the moment, the media must see us as a set of wimps. Vlad says bend over & we do it.

It's time for some action or else we will all bear some responsibility for the downward spiral of our club.

We need to try something. Anything FFS.

200milesfromgorgie

Agreed. I think if this is put together in the correct manner, organised and gathers momentem Vlad at least will sit up and take notice of the most important asset of the club, the fans.

PresidentRomanov
It is looking unlikely cause in over 6 months of trying the club still hasn't managed to secure an appointment, with nothing apparently imminent...

Explain yourself regarding Salmond then? Why would high profile support from the Scottish first minister not be beneficial....

Or are you limited to accusing people of being fickle and answering with smilies?

If you honestly believe that Alex Salmond is in the slightest bit interested in Hearts, then there isn't even any point in trying to explain anything to you.

And do you think if SOH 2 managed to match SOH's grand total of ?2 million - which they wouldn't - that Romanov would accept that for his share in the club?

Alex Salmond :4_1_72:

And very little chance of actually happening.

For any group to succeed in getting Romanov to go, what you need is cold hard cash and a shed lot of it. If Save Our Hearts showed anything it is that Hearts fans could or would not raise anything like enough to actually do anything concrete. You can have all the Red Card ( or is that paper aeroplane) protests and black balloon protests you want, but if we can't raise at least 10 times what we raised during the first incarnation, it is pointless.

It depends what the aim of any campaign is, it doesn't necessarily have to aim to buy the club, it could simply aim to raise the profile about how unhappy the supporters are at the way the club is being run.

it could simply aim to raise the profile about how unhappy the supporters are at the way the club is being run.

I may be sticking my neck out here, but there's a slight chance he may already know this.......:rolleyes:

If you honestly believe that Alex Salmond is in the slightest bit interested in Hearts, then there isn't even any point in trying to explain anything to you.

And do you think if SOH 2 managed to match SOH's grand total of ?2 million - which they wouldn't - that Romanov would accept that for his share in the club?

The aim of any such campaign does not need to be to buy the club.

Are you happy with the way the club is currently being run on the pitch?

Absolute lead balloon idea.It will play straight into Vlads hand when he sees that only a minority is up for a SOH 2.

Carry on if it makes you feel better but it will NEVER be a fully blown success in my opinion!

I feel it will make the original SOH lads look silly after touting Vlad as the real thing.

Sheriff Fatman
It depends what the aim of any campaign is, it doesn't necessarily have to aim to buy the club, it could simply aim to raise the profile about how unhappy the supporters are at the way the club is being run.

Yeah, because nobody knows how unhappy the supporters are at the moment. Any other aim than to buy out Romanov is pointless, and Hearts supporters have already shown that they cannot or will not raise enough money to buy out 10% of what would be needed now, and under far more pressing circumstances.

I may be sticking my neck out here, but there's a slight chance he may already know this.......:rolleyes:

He may, and we don't know until we try, actually be inclined to do something about it if there is a higher profile campaign highlighting supporter/customer dis-satisfaction. Ultimately moaning on Kickback and the occassional fans rep heading over to Kaunas is achieving feck all.

PresidentRomanov

I would say the 9000 season ticket holders - while not being over the moon at this minute - aren't unhappy enough that they feel the need to protest about anything.

In fact, if this board's anything to go by, all it will take, is an announcement of a new manager in the next few weeks, and everything's hunky dory again.

Who's fickle :rolleyes:

maroonlegions
For the umpteenth time, Salmond is NOT a Hearts supporter. :rolleyes:

Do you honestly think the First Minister's role is to get involved because a football club can't find a manager and is not performing as well as it should on the park?

has Salmond not , more than once PUBLICLY stated that he is indeed a Hearts fan, sure this is the case.:rolleyes:

Yeah, because nobody knows how unhappy the supporters are at the moment. Any other aim than to buy out Romanov is pointless, and Hearts supporters have already shown that they cannot or will not raise enough money to buy out 10% of what would be needed now, and under far more pressing circumstances.

So what do you propose is done then? Or is the gist of your message simply that we are fecked?

PresidentRomanov
Ultimately moaning on Kickback is achieving feck all.

Yet you keep doing it :rolleyes:

PresidentRomanov
has Salmond not , more than once PUBLICLY stated that he is indeed a Hearts fan, sure this is the case.:rolleyes:

Have you ever seen him at Tynecastle?

I would say the 9000 season ticket holders - while not being over the moon at this minute - aren't unhappy enough that they feel the need to protest about anything.

In fact, if this board's anything to go by, all it will take, is an announcement of a new manager in the next few weeks, and everything's hunky dory again.

Who's fickle :rolleyes:

Again....

Are you happy with the footballing side of the club?

Jam Tarts 1874

Save Hearts from what exactly? It looks more like Hearts need to be saved from the noisy minority of pitch-fork merchants who are constantly deluding themselves that there is someone waiting in the wings with ?50m (?30m odds to cover existing liabilities and ?10m or so to take the club forward).

I think people need to get over their xenophobia and realise that Romanov/UBIG are in this for the long term, as it is only in the long term that they will see any returns from their initial investments. Romanov appointed a good quality manager 3 years ago, he will sooner or later get the right man again and I don't see any reason for assuming that the same mistakes will be made again. Romanov/UBIG have too much money at stake for any more disasterous seasons.

It is the long term viability of our club that is important. Not the egos of a few immature hot-heads who are more concerned with the comments from hibs supporting workmates than they are with the future of our club.

There are many easier ways of making money than investing in a football club, if some of you people are daft enough to cough up some dosh in the hope of finding someone wealthy and stupid enough to invest in an SPL club with 9,000 season ticket holders, well on you go!

Sheriff Fatman
So what do you propose is done then? Or is the gist of your message simply that we are fecked?

The jist of my message is that if we want to do something about it we need the backing of someone with serious money (not a plumber from Gilmerton).

200milesfromgorgie
Save Hearts from what exactly? It looks more like Hearts need to be saved from the noisy minority of pitch-fork merchants who are constantly deluding themselves that there is someone waiting in the wings with ?50m (?30m odds to cover existing liabilities and ?10m or so to take the club forward).

I think people need to get over their xenophobia and realise that Romanov/UBIG are in this for the long term, as it is only in the long term that they will see any returns from their initial investments. Romanov appointed a good quality manager 3 years ago, he will sooner or later get the right man again and I don't see any reason for assuming that the same mistakes will be made again. Romanov/UBIG have too much money at stake for any more disasterous seasons.

It is the long term viability of our club that is important. Not the egos of a few immature hot-heads who are more concerned with the comments from hibs supporting workmates than they are with the future of our club.

There are many easier ways of making money than investing in a football club, if some of you people are daft enough to cough up some dosh in the hope of finding someone wealthy and stupid enough to invest in an SPL club with 9,000 season ticket holders, well on you go!

xenophobia? how?

Where is the evidence for this assertion?

PresidentRomanov
Again....

Are you happy with the footballing side of the club?

At this precise moment no, but with the exception of 5 years max, out of nearly 40, I never have been.

I look forward to next season with optimism under a new manager though.

He may, and we don't know until we try, actually be inclined to do something about it if there is a higher profile campaign highlighting supporter/customer dis-satisfaction. Ultimately moaning on Kickback and the occassional fans rep heading over to Kaunas is achieving feck all.

Irrespective of how many Hearts supporters may be happy or unhappy about events, you and other advocates of SoH2 need to get your heads around the following:

Romanov is not a British businessman. He does not operate the sort of business practices one usually encounters in "the west". He's got where he is today by being single-minded, autocratic and absolutely sure that his way is the best and only way. He will not be swayed or told what to do by a bunch of people that individually and collectively do not have his experience, wealth or status.

Seymour M Hersh

Assuming they share your opinion on the state of the club that is. And that they want to work their baws off again for little or no thanks.

At this precise moment no, but with the exception of 5 years max, out of nearly 40, I never have been.

I look forward to next season with optimism under a new manager though.

As would any supporter, however there is geniune reason to be concerned that this may not happen. 6 months and counting since the club announced they had started searching.

PresidentRomanov
As would any supporter, however there is geniune reason to be concerned that this may not happen. 6 months and counting since the club announced they had started searching.

Change the record, you and I both know the reason for that, is because they thought McGhee was taking the job.

There is also genuine reason to believe that it may happen, so keep your rattle in the pram until we know otherwise.

Talk is cheap for a politician, particularly one as slimy as Salmond.

In all the years I've been going to Tynecastle, I've never seen him there once, or even heard of him being there. Last time I recall seeing him at any football match was when I saw him on telly with that smug, self-satisfied smirk on his face whilst presenting the Scottish Cup to the captain of ra sellik.

Mickey Weir is more likely to be a Hearts supporter than Salmond. :mad:

PresidentRomanov

In all the years I've been going to Tynecastle, I've never seen him there once, or even heard of him being there. Last time I recall seeing him at any football match was when I saw him on telly with that smug, self-satisfied smirk on his face whilst presenting the Scottish Cup to the captain of ra sellik.

I saw him on telly supporting Rangers FC in the Uefa Cup Final too - he's got more faces than Prehssley :eek:

Martin I think a good start would be for the people you mentioned to get together and decide whether or not you ALL agree if the current situation is acceptable or not.

If you all agree that the current situation is unacceptable then I would suggest that you speak to Hearts first and foremeost to address the concerns as one and address them with Vlad and no one else.

From there I believe you have a the foundations to build a plan and objectives for a possible SOH2.

Why are people now debating about Salmond when the thread is about SoH2. I've never seen him at Tynecastle, just like I've never tonnes of people at Tynecastle who are Hearts fans.

Pants Shaton
Why are people now debating about Salmond when the thread is about SoH2. I've never seen him at Tynecastle, just like I've never tonnes of people at Tynecastle who are Hearts fans.

I see David McLetchie at most home games so I propose he is made the poster boy for SoH2.

david_mcletchie.jpg

McLetchie says "TAXI FOR ROMANOV!"

PresidentRomanov
I see David McLetchie at most home games so I propose he is made the poster boy for SoH2.

david_mcletchie.jpg

McLetchie says "TAXI FOR ROMANOV!"

Now that would be a better choice - at least he's a Hearts supporter.

Archived