"Demoralising Week"

wanderer

I noticed that the Evening News has gone with a story about us having a "Demoralising Week". OK, we got well beaten by Celtic twice, however, did anyone genuinely expect us to win either game with Celtic given our current injury problems? I as a Hearts fan, am not demoralised at all. In fact, the fact I am really enjoying this season and the fact we are still sitting above Celtic is actually a small miracle given that their playing turnover is £59 MILLION! We drew a game with Hibs which was as a result of them coming to Tynecastle and kick us off the park. Which ironically, they accuse us of but I actually believe anyone in the top 6 can beat anyone else, especially at home. In fact, most teams in the top 6 will be majorly disappointed if they do drop points at home to a rival. To top this all off, we have played 5 games in 15 days. There are certainly minor things to be dissapointed about but I for one am actually loving being a Hearts fan again. 

1 minute ago, wigwam123 said:

I noticed that the Evening News has gone with a story about us having a "Demoralising Week". OK, we got well beaten by Celtic twice, however, did anyone genuinely expect us to win either game with Celtic given our current injury problems? I as a Hearts fan, am not demoralised at all. In fact, the fact I am really enjoying this season and the fact we are still sitting above Celtic is actually a small miracle given that their playing turnover is £59 MILLION! We drew a game with Hibs which was as a result of them coming to Tynecastle and kick us off the park. Which ironically, they accuse us of but I actually believe anyone in the top 6 can beat anyone else, especially at home. In fact, most teams in the top 6 will be majorly disappointed if they do drop points at home to a rival. To top this all off, we have played 5 games in 15 days. There are certainly minor things to be dissapointed about but I for one am actually loving being a Hearts fan again. 

Well said sir!

Could have been better, could have been worse. Not the end of the world people make it out to be. Our aim is still 2nd/3rd and we are well on track for that.

It was a bit of a kick in the baws tbh. That’s it gone now though.

Back on the horses lads. Let’s get on another winning run. B)

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

Biggest disappointment for me out the 3 was the semi - weak performance when we should have started the match right on the front foot, but we seem to have problems with this

Derby was OK, better side and to be honest with our injuries, would have taken a point pre-match

Parkhead - totally expected awful performance

Think we're jaded after a hectic run of games,  mostly high demand matches.  Celtic twice, Rangers, Hibs, Aberdeen.   Also the team is probably a bit scunnered by the loss of some influential players and the subsequent shuffling of the pack in terms of personnel and positions.     You can get on a good run if the team remains largely unchanged but we've not had that.

The team would greatly benefit from a win to clear away some of the doubts and any despondency.    They could probably do with a couple of days off training as well.   

10 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Hibs have had a much worse week than us. Failed to take advantage of us when we had no strikers and then lost at home to St J

Doesn’t suit their narrative though mate does it. Stopped buying the EEN. Real toilet paper is cheaper and more absorbent 

Get this game against Killie our the way with 3 points in the bag and get a well deserved 2 week break. One more big home performance. 

queensferryjambo
1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Biggest disappointment for me out the 3 was the semi - weak performance when we should have started the match right on the front foot, but we seem to have problems with this

Definitely the cup game was the worst especially with Naismith limping out so early on :(

Hearts 0 Celtic 8

Hearts 0 Hibs 0

No goals in 3 games

Lost more key players through injury.

I'd say the EEN have it pretty spot on tbh.

The lack of creativity v Hibs and the pumping off Celtic will definitely affect player morale.

We’re facing a better team than Hibs this weekend, so I’m not expecting much but hoping for a win.

Its been a hard few weeks.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

Has been a pretty shite week, losing our two main strikers has ripped a hole in our sails

It's a results game at the end of the day though, and other clubs/fans won't care or remember our injury issues or congested fixtures. 

Just now, OmiyaHearts said:

The lack of creativity v Hibs and the pumping off Celtic will definitely affect player morale.

We’re facing a better team than Hibs this weekend so I’m not expecting much but hoping for a win.

Its been a hard few weeks.

Killie game vital.  Not only have we not scored in 3 games  we have barely touched the bollocks of the goal (Dikamona apart).  I think we can safely say we wont score two on Saturday so we need to shore up and get a goal and fight it out.

23 minutes ago, wigwam123 said:

This.

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Hearts 0 Celtic 8

Hearts 0 Hibs 0

No goals in 3 games

Jesus, we've conceded another 3 goals since full time

Edited by Ferryjambo99

Just now, Ferryjambo99 said:

Jesus, we've conceded another 3 goals since full time

I was doing an aggregate obviously.

21 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Get this game against Killie our the way with 3 points in the bag and get a well deserved 2 week break. One more big home performance. 

I, for one, am disappointed that we failed to score in three consecutive games.

But we're still top of the league, and I agree that a win against Killie will buck us all up tremendously.

Serge Pizzorno
27 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Hearts 0 Celtic 8

Hearts 0 Hibs 0

No goals in 3 games

This. We’ve had a great start to the season, way beyond expectations, but let’s not try and sugar coat this week

Demoralised my arse, can wait until Saturday, bet the players feel exactly the same.

I don't believe the players are pant wetting weak willed bottle merchants.

Semi final - think the team felt that losing Naismith was a body blow (it was) and then a soft penalty and keeper error sealed it

Derby - given our lack of options I thought we did well, though a shame we couldn't take advantage of the extra man

Celtic - bad tactics led to a big loss; better tactics might just have led to a lesser loss.

Demoralised?  Not me. Looking forward to the Killie game on Saturday.

56 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Think we're jaded after a hectic run of games,  mostly high demand matches.  Celtic twice, Rangers, Hibs, Aberdeen.   Also the team is probably a bit scunnered by the loss of some influential players and the subsequent shuffling of the pack in terms of personnel and positions.     You can get on a good run if the team remains largely unchanged but we've not had that.

The team would greatly benefit from a win to clear away some of the doubts and any despondency.    They could probably do with a couple of days off training as well.   

Craig said after the Celtic game that he had given everyone a couple of days off.

2 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Demoralised my arse, can wait until Saturday, bet the players feel exactly the same.

Is it just me or is there a theme to your recent posts?

:clyay:

If we want commentators,  sports writers and fans of other clubs to recognise the injury woes we've had then it's probably a good idea if Hearts fans themselves recognise the impact that has had.

It's not enough to recognise the missing players but continue to bemoan performance anyway.     If you believe the missing players is of significance then it should follow that performances have been compromised beyond our full control and that understanding should be extended.

KingRudi_2012

Going out the cup was the biggest blow however in hindsight we got Celtic at a terrible time as they have well and truly hit form now.

We were the better team in the derby despite being decimated by injuries. A draw was a fair enough result.

Getting pumped at Parkhead is standard Hearts. We have now played Celtic once more than everyone in the league and have some very winnable games on the horizon. 

We are in a great position to kick on and make this a season to remember!

The only crumb of comfort has been H1b5 losing.  8 points ahead of them and played the old form 3 times to their one.  Their game in hand is v Rangers.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Hearts 0 Celtic 8

Hearts 0 Hibs 0

No goals in 3 games

It certainly suits your depression.

Killie game vital.  Not only have we not scored in 3 games  we have barely touched the bollocks of the goal (Dikamona apart).  I think we can safely say we wont score two on Saturday so we need to shore up and get a goal and fight it out.

Apart from hitting the post at Parkhead and having a goal disallowed in the derby........

And we cant safely say we wont score two on Sat thats just nonsense.

Edited by Jamboelite

8 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Losing Naismith was pretty demoralising to be fair.

Berra was a punch in the face.  Souttar was an upper cut to the jaw, Uche was a kick in the guts and now losing Naismith I am lying on the ground and someone has come running up to me and punted me full force right in the bollocks.

Not even our gorgeous physio Karen could soothe the pain.

Edited by i8hibsh

1 hour ago, wigwam123 said:

Blooming marvellous OP, sir. Well said.

Now lets tuck in about Killie

Hearts 0 Celtic 8

Hearts 0 Hibs 0

No goals in 3 games

Love disagreeing with you.  I think they've got it spot off.

Couldn't feel less demoralised if I tried.

2 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Doesn’t suit their narrative though mate does it. Stopped buying the EEN. Real toilet paper is cheaper and more absorbent 

They and The Scotsman are well on the way to alienating a fair percentage of their sports readership on this side of Edinburgh.

I've never bought either rag for years and won't click on any of their links.

Our poorest week of the season, but we're still in a great position in the league.

The big worry for me is that we still have 9 games until the winter break and have only MacLean up front.  Wighton and others need to step up to the plate, our lack of firepower may cost us.

6 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Love disagreeing with you.  I think they've got it spot off.

Couldn't feel less demoralised if I tried.

It would actually feel weird if you ever did agree with me my good man.

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Hearts 0 Celtic 8

Hearts 0 Hibs 0

No goals in 3 games

the press does not talk in such a way for the glasgow teams - the focus there is 'this defeat will help rangers', 'celtic aim to bounce back, '  'gerrard's team go fourth despite home draw with killie'.

Why doesn't the EEN use this style for an EDINBURGH team? 

Edited by Riccarton3

The White Cockade
43 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Berra was a punch in the face.  Souttar was an upper cut to the jaw, Uche was a kick in the guts and now losing Naismith I am lying on the ground and someone has come running up to me and punted me full force right in the bollocks.

Not even our gorgeous physio Karen could soothe the pain.

If I’d been kicked in the bollocks I’d love Katen to try and sort me out to be fair 

just dreaming again ?

EastSideJambo
1 hour ago, Oliver Twist said:

They ain't showed much bottle over the past week though. Certainly competed well enough last Wednesday 

Saturday is another big game. I see us getting back to winning ways in a tight match 

As usual two extreme views! Surely losing a cup semifinal and being heavily beaten is a bit demoralising and losing key players has contributed to the feeling. Nothing for it but to fight on and wait for the wounded to return and new recruit(s) in January.  We had a wee dream of  a serious challenge given a severe dunt so now a return to realistic expectation and hope. Thus is the life of a Hearts fan though.

Disappointing yes, demoralising no...

Would be a different story if we were all scratching our heads trying to work out why these 3 results went against us (for clarity I see a draw at home to Hibs as a result going against us).

It would actually feel weird if you ever did agree with me my good man.

Yes, it's absolutely nothing personal.  When the football gods start to side with us instead of visiting on us a crippling injury toll when we're on fire, there will be no stopping us.

Pasquale for King

It has been a bad week but the buzz will return and hopefully a good win over Kilmarnock will get us going again, still top after all although it doesn’t feel like it just now.

I can live with the footballing side of it ... nothing frankly to what I've experienced following Hearts.

What has however been 'demoralising' is the reaction to the off the field nonsense, and the way it's been spun.  But then again, It's the times.  It's shit!  :jos:

Our toughest four games of the season are Celtic and Rangers away twice (if we don’t get ****ed over by SPFL - big if).

We are 12 games in and 2 of those 4 games are out of the way already and we are still top.

Its a bit wobbly, we might be ****ed because of injuries, but every single one of us would have taken the position we are in and been bouncing about it had it been offered after the Cove Rangers game.

Personally, I am having counselling to get over last week. Top of the league and just got beat in a cup semi final - at Murrayfield. 

I just never saw it coming last season and I'm not sure I'm gonna make it. But that's football. Unless you're a Hobo. Obviously. 

The sooner people realise that the media and the rest are jealous of us as a club and how we have turned things around the better my attitude no-one likes us I don't care ? and they can't wait for us to fail.

Edited by Bongo 1874

ToadKiller Dog

Demoralised is a bit strong, 

Can't lie and it's been ok this week it hasn't , but don't see any signs of us waving the white flag. 

Very Bad fortune, bit of stupidness and on Saturday tactically wrong. 

But we have a hard working squad, we won't collapse that I'm sure. 

Might have to grind out a few results for a while.