"Demoralising Week"

wanderer

3 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Personally, I am having counselling to get over last week. Top of the league and just got beat in a cup semi final - at Murrayfield. 

I just never saw it coming last season and I'm not sure I'm gonna make it. But that's football. Unless you're a Hobo. Obviously. 

But there were only 62,000 people there.  We can't be doing all that well if that's as a big a crowd as we can muster.

10 hours ago, wigwam123 said:

I noticed that the Evening News has gone with a story about us having a "Demoralising Week". OK, we got well beaten by Celtic twice, however, did anyone genuinely expect us to win either game with Celtic given our current injury problems? I as a Hearts fan, am not demoralised at all. In fact, the fact I am really enjoying this season and the fact we are still sitting above Celtic is actually a small miracle given that their playing turnover is £59 MILLION! We drew a game with Hibs which was as a result of them coming to Tynecastle and kick us off the park. Which ironically, they accuse us of but I actually believe anyone in the top 6 can beat anyone else, especially at home. In fact, most teams in the top 6 will be majorly disappointed if they do drop points at home to a rival. To top this all off, we have played 5 games in 15 days. There are certainly minor things to be dissapointed about but I for one am actually loving being a Hearts fan again. 

After last season this season is like night and day. No doubt recently and with respect our performances we are suffering because of injuries to key personnel but I would take that any day of the week over confusion around performance levels and tactics and sitting looking down on all of the other teams 

Debate was out before re Craig Levein but I think he has proved to any doubters (and I doubted him when he was DOF initially - big enough to admit my mistake) that given the time he will implement solid foundations and build a team around key personnel and introduce players from obscurity that will make a real difference - With the team playing now it feels an exact replica of what he did first time around just with different players, 

I get people having a go around some of his tactics or being too defensive - this will always happen - but as Craig said its easy to rant and rave about what the right thing to do is from the terraces and as fans but there is a hell of a lot more involved in football management than just saying "Oh we should have pressed them and attacked them all over the park" and we would have won the game - There is far more required to being a football manager than this - Final point, if its Craig's fault that we were beaten because of defensive tactics against septic it surely then is Craig's doing that we are top of the league,

Its in the month of December - We are still top of the league and this has everything to do with what Craig Levein did over the Summer to revamp the squad - He got criticised last year for everything - at least as true fans of the football club we should also congratulate him for everything he has done to get us back on track - If we get pulled back into the pack because of our injury woes that will be a short term issue as I have no doubt in my mind, whatsoever, that after we get our key players back we will get back to what we have been doing at the start of the season - ripping teams a new one! 

Great post Op and think the sentiment is spot on - For anyone who is unhappy right now I would suggest rather that their expectations are tempered because the reality is that this is what will be causing the unhappiness - Everything is being done within the club and outwith the club to get success for the future ... We have true Hearts Supporters within the club running the club - What's there not to be hopeful about moving forward, 

The Treasurer

Disappointing week ?   Certainly

Demoralising week ?   Only if the players (and fans) let the heads go down.

I for one don't think this will happen.

The two games against the arse cheek were very disappointing but we were only a marginal offside decision from winning the derby with a much depleted side.

Had that goal stood then things would be looking much better, as it is we are still surely well ahead of most of our expectations.

1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

Disappointing week ?   Certainly

Demoralising week ?   Only if the players (and fans) let the heads go down.

I for one don't think this will happen.

The two games against the arse cheek were very disappointing but we were only a marginal offside decision from winning the derby with a much depleted side.

Had that goal stood then things would be looking much better, as it is we are still surely well ahead of most of our expectations.

0-0 against Hibs can happen, but the games against Celtic have certainly dented whatever small credibility our title challenge might have had. I'm not sure I can ever remember a table-topping side being so comprehensively dismantled in a match.

More worrying to me is the dearth of chances created since Naismith hobbled off at Murrayfield. Really hoping we can correct that on Saturday against Killie who - let's face it - are really no great shakes themselves as their recent results have shown.

I am not and have not been demoralised, a bit down and angry at the 2 tic games but over it now and genuinely looking forward to the Killie game. Convinced we can win it cos its at home and the players will want to do well.

We are top just now and that`s where every one else would love to be.

gorgie rd eh11

We got what was expected points wise on Saturday, hibs got 3 points less than what was expected. That makes it 1 point out of the last 9 for hibs, are they getting the demoralised chat?

All roads lead to Gorgie

A bit down about our luck right now but not the club. Once we get our best players back we have a good team and we will come back strongly. 

Stephane Grappelli
15 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Hibs have had a much worse week than us. Failed to take advantage of us when we had no strikers and then lost at home to St J

This. Every Hibs ***** that I know had those Saint Johnstone points in the bag and the gap between us reduced.  Be great if they lose on Friday and we take care of Killie.

**** Hibs. **** Lennon. **** Celtic.

Bazzas right boot

The results weren't demoralising and we have proven we can bounce back. 

The injury to Naismith is demoralising, it will have an impact on all the games he misses. 

Such an influence and over the 8 games or so, easy 5-7 goals that we are going to be missing. 

On top of the other injuries, it has been a dull week. 

We could quite easily drop more points v Killie and St mirren giving our striking issues, then it will become a worry. 

Bounce back with two wins or at worst 4 points we'll still be at least second, sreadied the ship and have some confidence going forward. 

Don't win any of them and its no wins in 5 and Likley in that scenerio only one or two goals in 5.

We'll also have away games v Aberdeen, hibs, rangers and St Johnstone to follow that quite quickly. 

Think the next two games will shape our season. Real shame with Berra, Souttar, Naismith and ulche, we'd have beaten hibs, run celtic closer in at least one game and be looking forward to smashing Killie and St mirren to stay top. 

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, Cade said:

Hearts last three league games:
W D L

4 points from 9.

Hibs last three league games: L D L

1 point from 9.

But Hearts are demoralised

:Aye:

Don't know why we are comparing us to hibs, that's not the ambition. 

Aberdeen, Rangers and celtic have all gained on us, our top striker and arguably the countries form player is ****ed. 

We also could not beat that Hibs team with ten men, at home who St Johnstone beat at ER. 

It's been a shite week. 

We could be hibs, but that's irelevent. Having hibs being poor is a shite safety blanket, not something we should be looking at for comfort imo. 

We can get back on the horse, but it was a shite week, no sugar coating or safety blankets will cover that up. 

7 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

But there were only 62,000 people there.  We can't be doing all that well if that's as a big a crowd as we can muster.

Fair point , to add to the misery. ?

gorgie rd eh11
1 hour ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Don't know why we are comparing us to hibs, that's not the ambition. 

Aberdeen, Rangers and celtic have all gained on us, our top striker and arguably the countries form player is ****ed. 

We also could not beat that Hibs team with ten men, at home who St Johnstone beat at ER. 

It's been a shite week. 

We could be hibs, but that's irelevent. Having hibs being poor is a shite safety blanket, not something we should be looking at for comfort imo. 

We can get back on the horse, but it was a shite week, no sugar coating or safety blankets will cover that up. 

It's not comparing us to hibs it's comparing how we are reported to hibs.

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

It's not comparing us to hibs it's comparing how we are reported to hibs.

Ehh? 

Then it has been a demoralising week. 

0-3

0-0

0-5

Top player banjoed. 

Not a great week. 

Celtic have flexed their muscles against us in the past week.  So what.  It's what happens next that matters.  Saturday is another big game v Killie.  This could be a massive 3 points for us and give us a boost through the next run of fixtures.  

iwasthere1954
5 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

The Evening News is a vermin arserag.

They are the ones who are demoralised because  we are top and their Leith bum chums are going downhill faster than Franz feckin Klammer. 

Tramps.

Wonderful. Keep it going.