Same old PR dross!!!!

lambojambo

:mad:The old Hearts PR dept rumbles in to action eh!

As predicted by many, we have no new Manager and Frail remains as coach.

Do they really believe that this EEN headline "Driver urges Romanov to keep Frail at Hearts" PISH is going to pacify the fans??:mad:

:mad:The old Hearts PR dept rumbles in to action eh!

As predicted by many, we have no new Manager and Frail remains as coach.

Do they really believe that this EEN headline "Driver urges Romanov to keep Frail at Hearts" PISH is going to pacify the fans??:mad:

Should it not have been "Driver urges Romanov to keep Shaggy at Hearts" ??

What a fecking joke. If he is given the managerial job on a full time basis I would urge chaos at the first home game v Motherwell.

The Mighty Thor

For those that can't access it. From Today's EEN.

Driver urges Romanov to keep Stephen Frail at Hearts

Published Date: 25 June 2008

By MARK BONTHRONE

HEARTS winger Andy Driver has urged Vladimir Romanov to find a place for Stephen Frail in the club's new-look coaching set-up.

Frail has been acting as interim head coach since the turn of the year as the Jambos search for a successor to Bulgarian Angel Chervenkov, who left the club last season.

He looked to be on his way out of Tynecastle over the summer and admitted he was in the dark over whether he had a future with Hearts.

But, with the club's near seven-month hunt for a manager showing no signs of drawing to a conclusion, Frail was due to report to Riccarton this morning.

He was expected to be in charge as the first team squad returned for the start of their pre-season preparations.

Motherwell manager Mark McGhee has already turned down the Hearts vacancy while Artmedia Bratislava boss Vladimir Weiss is stalling on a decision and is looking increasingly as though he will be installed as the new Slovakian national head coach later this week.

That could leave Hearts having to go back to the drawing board although Driver, who came up through the ranks with Frail, is hopeful the club retain his services in some capacity.

"I think that even although the results didn't come you could see that the boys were all behind him at the end of last season," said Driver.

"I don't think any of the lads would complain if he stayed. Stephen has been there for years, he took me in the under-19s, and I've come all the way up with him.

"Even when he was just the assistant he was trying to make us come together and then he continued that when he was in charge.

"It must have been disappointing for him because the results started to come and then they died again last season but I think it's down to the players to look at themselves for that."

Meanwhile, German side Nuremberg are reported to have had a ?1million bid for Jose Goncalves rejected.

The Evening News exclusively revealed last week that the Bundesliga 2 outfit were chasing the Portugal under-21 star's signature but that they were looking to take him on loan with a view to a permanent deal.

Martin Bader, Nuremberg's sport director, has described negotiations with Hearts as "complicated" although they remain hopeful that a deal for Goncalves, who they have been tracking since April, can be done.

If we have no new manager in place then who is looking into the signing of new players???????

lets hope it's not stevie frail, his wish list is on a par with east stirlings.

200milesfromgorgie
Should it not have been "Driver urges Romanov to keep Shaggy at Hearts" ??

What a fecking joke. If he is given the managerial job on a full time basis I would urge chaos at the first home game v Motherwell.

Urge all you like. but to me it seems people just can't be ar$?d to cause chaos anymore. they would rather moan on kickback. me included.:sad:

I've never seen his wish list - who's on it?

Pre-season proper doesn't start until Monday. I'm holding my tongue until then. If Frail's still 'the main man' on Monday I, and I think a lot more folk, will begin to campaign.

If Frail's still in charge come the first day of the season, I'll be claiming a refund for my season ticket after being mislead by VR's statement of January 1st.

jimjamjolly

That's it, I'm not renewing my East Stirling season ticket.:P

If we have no new manager in place then who is looking into the signing of new players???????

I thought Lambojambo had stopped using his other alias to generate interest in his threads:eek: Welcome back Lambo69!:cool:

Haud oan a minute. All Driver said is he wants Frail to stay in some capacity, as does the article. Would we have a problem with that if, say, he was kept on as fitness or U19 coach. Read more than headlines. I dont see this as PR at all

Sorry people but you have all miss-read the paper. Driver insists Romanov keeps sha&&ing Hearts is the story.:mad:

I thought Lambojambo had stopped using his other alias to generate interest in his threads:eek: Welcome back Lambo69!:cool:

Hilarious Martin, just hilarious! :rolleyes:

Haud oan a minute. All Driver said is he wants Frail to stay in some capacity, as does the article. Would we have a problem with that if, say, he was kept on as fitness or U19 coach. Read more than headlines. I dont see this as PR at all

Eh - suggest YOU read Drivers direct quote.

Now where does he actually say that he wants Frail to stay in some capacity?

Eh - suggest YOU read Drivers direct quote.

Now where does he actually say that he wants Frail to stay in some capacity?

I think that even although the results didn't come you could see that the boys were all behind him at the end of last season," said Driver.

"I don't think any of the lads would complain if he stayed. Stephen has been there for years, he took me in the under-19s, and I've come all the way up with him.

"Even when he was just the assistant he was trying to make us come together and then he continued that when he was in charge.

"It must have been disappointing for him because the results started to come and then they died again last season but I think it's down to the players to look at themselves for that."

Gigolo-Aunt

As much as these stories **** me off, you have to feel for some of the younger players- having a microphone stuck in the face where they can only say the right things.

I wouldnt give Shaggy a loan of a CD, never mind setting up pre-season training.

The Mighty Thor
I wouldnt give Shaggy a loan of a CD, never mind setting up pre-season training.

Gig the way things are looking i hope you've got a couple of football DVD's in your collection to loan him.

Shaggy will be starting pre-seaon on Monday. Guaranteed.

:sad:

Gigolo-Aunt
Gig the way things are looking i hope you've got a couple of football DVD's in your collection to loan him.

Shaggy will be starting pre-seaon on Monday. Guaranteed.

:sad:

Looks likely chief.

If he wants my Sheffield Wednesday road to Wembley 1991 DVD, he need only ask.

:P

shaun.lawson
Looks likely chief.

If he wants my Sheffield Wednesday road to Wembley 1991 DVD, he need only ask.

:P

Two words: Tracy Bateman. A Wednesdayite like you will know what I'm talking about! :)

I think that even although the results didn't come you could see that the boys were all behind him at the end of last season," said Driver.

As I said - where does it say "in some capacity"?

Drivers comment was "I don't think any of the lads would complain if he stayed".

Seymour M Hersh
Given the PR company has just bolted surely you expect our PR to be dross!

Maybe that bit of dross was the final straw!:eek::rolleyes:

Archived