Today’s press conferences

Pants Shaton

Do we actually know where the linesmen were standing when they were hit by coins? And from what end the coin came from?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• sadj

• Jambo-Jimbo

• Beast Boy

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, adayinmay said:

Do we actually know where the linesmen were standing when they were hit by coins? And from what end the coin came from?

Well both were hit and only one could be near the Hibs end.

1 hour ago, adayinmay said:

they seem to be very quiet on whether it was a hearts or hibs fan that was arrested for one of the assaults on a lino

Probably best Peter sharing doesnt talk to the press either. These welts were dying to push the closed doors derby option. 

4 hours ago, Pants Shaton said:

You’d think Neil Lennon had been assassinated the way the press dwelt on the topic with Craig and Michael this morning.

Games behind closed doors?

Do you feel safe?

Stand too close to the pitch / dugout?

****ing hell - no one should be throwing coins but you’d think Hearts had just invented it.  You see it almost every week at every ground.

I’m all for weeding out the scummy element in our support but these pricks will use any stick to beat Hearts.  Easier than standing up to the old firm, I guess, if you’re a spineless wee supplicant. 

:spoton:

If the fans aren’t careful we might see the clubs stop away fans attending these games, or limit the number of tickets. That would be terrible for the Derby. Having a large away following at each ground makes the atmosphere special. I’d hate to see the moronic actions of a handful ruin it for the rest of us.

Lennon will be happy the focus is on the coin throwing rather than the hammer throwing of his players throughout the 90 minutes.

Seymour M Hersh

The press are behaving incredibly irresponsibly here. They are giving succour to Lennon's need to be seen as a victim and blowing the trouble at the game so wildly out of proportion it's embarrassing. The Glasgow media are a disgrace.

3 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Lennon will be happy the focus is on the coin throwing rather than the hammer throwing of his players throughout the 90 minutes.

No, no, no... apparently they were just standing up to us, because that’s how we play. Preemptive hammer throwing if you will.

2 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

If the fans aren’t careful we might see the clubs stop away fans attending these games, or limit the number of tickets. That would be terrible for the Derby. Having a large away following at each ground makes the atmosphere special. I’d hate to see the moronic actions of a handful ruin it for the rest of us.

The behaviour of the hibs fans has been shocking for years at this fixture at Tynecastle,  every time they score(not often obviously) their fans try to get on the pitch and goad the hearts fans. Never seen one arrested yet just ushered back to their seats.

For the visits of Aberdeen and Hibs I would keep the front couple of rows of seats empty in the away section.

2 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

No, no, no... apparently they were just standing up to us, because that’s how we play. Preemptive hammer throwing if you will.

They are good at it to be fair.

Brick Tamland

The race/catholic/Muslim/religion card is played far too quickly and easily. I couldn’t give a toss what colour/race/religion someone is and especially Neil Lennon. I can’t stand him for no reason other than he is an odious, ignorant weapons grade prick of a man. 

The boy Sutherland on Sportscene, no idea what religion he is but he is another odious wee prick and utter roaster of a man. 

Same with Willie Miller and scores of other folk that I can’t stand and at no point does colour/race/religion enter into it, some folk just need to accept they aren’t likeable and are just pricks and try and live with that fact and not blame it on their colour/race/religion. 

I feel better after that ?

Edited by Brick Tamland

1 minute ago, Brick Tamland said:

The race/catholic/Muslim/religion card is played far too quickly and easily. I couldn’t give a toss what colour/race/religion someone is and especially Neil Lennon. I can’t stand him for no reason other than he is an odious, ignorant weapons grade prick of a man. 

The boy Sutherland on Sportscene, no idea what religion he is but he is another odious wee prick and utter roaster of a man. 

Same with Willie Miller and scores of other folk that I can’t stand and at no point does colour/race/religion enter into it, some folk just need to accept they aren’t likeable and are just pricks and try and live with that fact and not blame it on their colour/race/religion. 

Half my family are Sikh and the football supporters amongst them can’t stand the guy either. Few Catholic extended family too... guess what? The ones who are aware of who he is, think he’s a bellend too. I have friends and colleagues who support Hibs. Before he became their manager, every single one of them couldn’t stand him.

Maybe the conspiracy against this pointless little creature runs deeper than we thought? Maybe it’s international? Has anyone questioned the Jewish community? Maybe they are in on it too? 

He’s just building up to his inevitable resignation from hibs when it all goes tits up. He can’t wait to get away from the place! First job and he’s offski. Celtic being his preferred destination 

A coin hitting Lennon in the chest is relatively tame for derby standards to be honest - I can remember just a few years back at Tynie when a Hibs fan spat in a ball boy's face... Hardly a word was said about it. Sorry but this is being blown out of all proportion. Likening it to Klu Klux Klan now - come on man. 

Edited by stotty

Rodgers and Lennon victims of sectarianism according to themselves.  Well they are but the good news is I can fix it for them.

Change their teams colours.  Ditch the tricolours.  Change the names of their clubs.  I would suggest Glasgow Primrose and Lochend United.

Self impose a 30 point deduction if any of their supporters engage in sectarian singing and chanting.

The moral is, dont moan about something you started and continue to revel in.

I don't disagree with anything on this thread. I hate us getting trashed. I'm sick of Hibs fans taking the moral high ground and ignoring their part in this. However, on this occasion we have to suck it up. One arsehole chucking one coin at Lennon will, rightly or wrongly, trump everything else that happened on Wednesday. As a result, their staff and fans escape scrutiny, as do Plod Scotland. 

I actually have sympathy for the two linesmen, who were both struck by coins but have barely been mentioned. No matter how shite the match officials are, that shouldn't happen. 

I still don't think we're any worse or any better than the supports of the old firm, Hibs or Aberdeen. We all have a minority arsehole element, and they need dealt with. Celtic nd Celtic connections bring ours out. We need to get our house in order. 

Seymour M Hersh
3 minutes ago, Bighenry said:

He’s just building up to his inevitable resignation from hibs when it all goes tits up. He can’t wait to get away from the place! First job and he’s offski. Celtic being his preferred destination 

Anyone looking at his behaviour over the last couple of season will surely think twice (or twice) about employing someone with clear issues! 

What today's press conferences proved is that one club oozes class and the other doesn't. Not to difficult to workout which.

The club is under attack from all sides in the media over this. 

Lennon claiming it’s an anti catholic agenda and that’s the reason he’s targeted. Poke Boy Bartley claiming that other players were targeted by Hearts fans and all of a sudden Hearts are becoming pariahs. The fact Zlamal was punched is being swept under the carpet

I’m not going to rattle on about the coin throwing on this thread.

Personally I think the joint statement was an error after Dumpster shot her mouth off on national radio.

I’m all for Budge coming out and making a statement to highlight 

1. That the club are working with the police to trace the offender

2. Coin throwing happens at other grounds and Hearts players have been the victim of this as well - cue videos from ER showing Rudi, Gowser, Webster and Sandy Jardine all being hit with coins there

3. Racism is to do with the colour of skin. Neil Lennon is white and British

4. If it was anything else, how come our Assistant Manager is of the same faith as Lennon. Highlight other numerous players of all faiths who have played at Tynecastle and never had any issues.

5. Challenge Dumpster and Lennon as to the meaning of goading

6. I’d also be tempted to play the montage of Lennon behaviour at Ibrox and Tynecastle and ask if there are videos of him behaving in a similar manner towards the fans or Parkhead or Pittodrie. I’m certain I know the answer already.

5 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

What today's press conferences proved is that one club oozes class and the other doesn't. Not to difficult to workout which.

Spot on

5 hours ago, Pants Shaton said:

You’d think Neil Lennon had been assassinated the way the press dwelt on the topic with Craig and Michael this morning.

Games behind closed doors?

Do you feel safe?

Stand too close to the pitch / dugout?

****ing hell - no one should be throwing coins but you’d think Hearts had just invented it.  You see it almost every week at every ground.

I’m all for weeding out the scummy element in our support but these pricks will use any stick to beat Hearts.  Easier than standing up to the old firm, I guess, if you’re a spineless wee supplicant. 

Spot on.

20 minutes ago, obua said:

Lennon now using the anti Irish racism card,welt of a man.

The man is so blinkered. 

I saw his press conference on sky sports news and during part of it they showed the moment he celebrated our goal being chalked off. 

It wasn’t a wee fist pump, it wasn’t just a relieved look. Full on mocking grin, cheering facing the Hearts support and raising his arms in triumph. 

It wasn't just for a split second either. A good few.  

It’s one of many moments added to the catalogue of weltness he’s building for himself and it’s the reason why the dislike grows for him. 

As proved , it just takes one person to crack out of a few hundred who weren’t remotely thinking of throwing something. 

9 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Lennon claiming it’s an anti catholic agenda and that’s the reason he’s targeted. Poke Boy Bartley claiming that other players were targeted by Hearts fans and all of a sudden Hearts are becoming pariahs. The fact Zlamal was punched is being swept under the carpet

Personally I think the joint statement was an error after Dumpster shot her mouth off on national radio.

2. Coin throwing happens at other grounds and Hearts players have been the victim of this as well - cue videos from ER showing Rudi, Gowser, Webster and Sandy Jardine all being hit with coins there

4. If it was anything else, how come our Assistant Manager is of the same faith as Lennon. Highlight other numerous players of all faiths who have played at Tynecastle and never had any issues.

6. I’d also be tempted to play the montage of Lennon behaviour at Ibrox and Tynecastle and ask if there are videos of him behaving in a similar manner towards the fans or Parkhead or Pittodrie. I’m certain I know the answer already.

To be honest, we should retract the joint statement and release new one saying we will ban any fan found guilty of throwing coins but we refuse to stand alongside a club that seems incapable of taking the actions of its fans and officials seriously. 

This is special relationship between Budge and Dempster needs to end now. 

5 hours ago, Haken said:

Just a few weeks ago, the linesman at the Livi-Rangers game was struck by a coin, resulting in an actual wound being inflicted.  That coin came from the Rangers support.  While it made the news, I don't remember it being quite the same furore .  Reporting, like refereeing, should be done with some consistency.

On the contrary they are very consistant.

Rangers or Celtic = Sweep sweep sweep.

Hearts = Front page news all week and a pull-out at the weekend.

The whole circus has sickened me to be honest.      Every ignorant,  thick,   demented arsepiece under the sun is taking a bite.     Lennon can slaver any berserk notion and it is waved through without a challenge.      Assaults on our player,  as well as the linesmen,   being marginalised.     Treated as unimportant,  minor side stories.      

An absolute shitstorm of ignorance,  stupidity and agendas.     Fuelled not by facts and probabilities but also by bare faced lies and slander.      

A thoroughly sickening,  rancid episode.    A ****ing embarrassment.

32 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

They have been waiting on the chance to shoot us down.

And the worst of it is, we handed them the loaded gun to do it with.

Just now, Victorian said:

The whole circus has sickened me to be honest.      Every ignorant,  thick,   demented arsepiece under the sun is taking a bite.     Lennon can slaver any berserk notion and it is waved through without a challenge.      Assaults on our player,  as well as the linesmen,   being marginalised.     Treated as unimportant,  minor side stories.      

An absolute shitstorm of ignorance,  stupidity and agendas.     Fuelled not by facts and probabilities but also by bare faced lies and slander.      

I feel exactly the same - sickened by the whole thing. 

3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Yip, feel pretty much the same.

Any other manager and they'd have been trying to downplay the whole thing, Lennon on the otherhand is fanning the flames and all for his own sick agenda and he's being aided and abetted by a complicit media who have been waiting on just such a chance to stick the boot into our club.

Some sections of the media hate the fact we came out of administration, have someone like Ann Budge, have the FoH and that we've redeveloped our main stand, in fact some of them really hate that we are going from strength to strength, we are seen as a threat and one that has to stopped in it's tracks.

Some folks may well think this is all a bit tinfoil hat stuff, but I've been following Hearts for long enough now to realise that a hell of a lot of people have an agenda against us.

57 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

And that one manager is an intelligent, reasonable man,who uses thoughtful measured responses, and is someone our club can be extremely proud of.

And the other one isn't

Reasons why I hate Neil Lennon:

1. He’s a *****.

Factors which have no bearing on my opinion:

1. Religion

2. Nationality

3. Hair colour

4. Politics

1 hour ago, EIEIO said:

Yup. He made a big deal of the natural order thing too after we beat them in the cup. Took the focus off how poor they were, and allowed the flair myth to continue. He’s good at deflection is Lennon.

3 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Yip, feel pretty much the same.

Any other manager and they'd have been trying to downplay the whole thing, Lennon on the otherhand is fanning the flames and all for his own sick agenda and he's being aided and abetted by a complicit media who have been waiting on just such a chance to stick the boot into our club.

Some sections of the media hate the fact we came out of administration, have someone like Ann Budge, have the FoH and that we've redeveloped our main stand, in fact some of them really hate that we are going from strength to strength, we are seen as a threat and one that has to stopped in it's tracks.

Some folks may well think this is all a bit tinfoil hat stuff, but I've been following Hearts for long enough now to realise that a hell of a lot of people have an agenda against us.

Perhaps some but I think the entire thing goes deeper.     There is a significantly powerful enough section within various media companies who are desperate to drive on the agenda regarding more widespread,   societal sectarianism / discrimination.      This sort of story is a lottery win for them.     Lennon is invaluable to the cause and will always be made to be big news.

Horatio Caine

If Lennon thinks there's an agenda against him, why does he persist in his behaviour that is wholly and completely designed to wind up opposition supporters?

letsalldothebeattie

Yes what happened shouldn’t happen at games but by Christ their hasn’t been one hell of an overreaction to the whole thing from the press. Nobody died 

manaliveits105

Hibs fan attacked Hearts fans 10 mins before kick off Hibs fans attack Hearts player  Hibs fans attack linesman and throw countless objects and waive tricolours but that one coin ay

49 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Perhaps some but I think the entire thing goes deeper.     There is a significantly powerful enough section within various media companies who are desperate to drive on the agenda regarding more widespread,   societal sectarianism / discrimination.      This sort of story is a lottery win for them.     Lennon is invaluable to the cause and will always be made to be big news.

Well you could have a point there as I've never understood why politicians and the media tolerate the scourge of sectarianism which has blighted Scotland for far far too long, it's the 21st century ffs, not the 17th century.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Well you could have a point there as I've never understood why politicians and the media tolerate the scourge of sectarianism which has blighted Scotland for far far too long, it's the 21st century ffs, not the 17th century.

Very sad but true.

Politics aside George Foulkes in particular could do an interview and highlight the scourge of this country but he says sfa.

3 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Half my family are Sikh and the football supporters amongst them can’t stand the guy either. Few Catholic extended family too... guess what? The ones who are aware of who he is, think he’s a bellend too. I have friends and colleagues who support Hibs. Before he became their manager, every single one of them couldn’t stand him.

Maybe the conspiracy against this pointless little creature runs deeper than we thought? Maybe it’s international? Has anyone questioned the Jewish community? Maybe they are in on it too? 

Post of the day Sir ?? maybe it goes all the way to the 1% , trying to keep down Lennon as he’s the chosen one to lead the revolution and take us out of austerity and back to a civilisation not ruled by currency and debt but instead by his nose powder aggression.

Edited by sadj

2 hours ago, Pants Shaton said:

1. He’s a *****.

1. Religion

2. Nationality

3. Hair colour

4. Politics

Rubbish.

He's a ****

6 hours ago, Pants Shaton said:

1. He’s a *****.

1. Religion

2. Nationality

3. Hair colour

4. Politics

:spoton:

6 hours ago, Victorian said:

It's really simple. This will sell newspapers in the west of Scotland because it appeals to Celtic fans (anti RC bigotry) and it appeals to Rangers (RIP) fans  (anti RC bigotry).  Ergo newspaper sales increase and the DR (et al) don't have to worry about taking any flak from their cretinous customer base.  Manna from heaven, thanks to the saintly NL.  All because Edinburgh is , by NLs clear implication (cos he's spouting this stuff on the back of that game) a festering sore of anti Catholic bias. Peace on you , Neil. You deserve it. And more. 

The fact Lennon supports Celtic is sectarian .

Perhaps he could explain his choice of clubs to the press, without highlighting his own bigotry , but I doubt it is possible.

if he really wanted to help, he should openly support rangers. 

The simple fact is there is next to no problem with bigotry between the various sects of the Christian faith in the East of Scotland (and most of Scotland).  I frankly couldn’t give a flying **** what version of a daft made up story people chose to believe - their choice.

The same couldn’t be said for racism against black or Asian people or homophobia - these are much more prevalent but presumably don’t sell tabloid rags.

Everyone seems to acknowledge the idiot who through the coin should not have and should be punished. My biggest issue with this is the fact that had he/she not done it there were still 30/40 missiles thrown at our goalkeeper along with an assault. I genuinely question whether this would have been headline news had it not been for the Lennon being shot!

We have idiots in our support and the sectarian songs are on the increase and has to be addressed. This incident has unfortunately blown it out of proportion.

At Tynecastle we have 90% season ticket holders, if folk persist tell a steward or video them on the qt and send it to HMFC.

1 hour ago, Pants Shaton said:

The simple fact is there is next to no problem with bigotry between the various sects of the Christian faith in the East of Scotland (and most of Scotland).  I frankly couldn’t give a flying **** what version of a daft made up story people chose to believe - their choice.

The same couldn’t be said for racism against black or Asian people or homophobia - these are much more prevalent but presumably don’t sell tabloid rags.

Indeed. I replied to Tom English’s tweet today, without saying anything sectarian whatsoever. My Twitter name doesn’t imply anything anti-catholic and I tried to be balanced by condemning all supporters who behave in such a stupid manner. Straight away, a Northern Irish Celtic fan accuses me of being an anti-RC bigot, because I support Hearts. I could have told him about experiences I have had with racism directed towards myself and my wife, but I was reluctant to enter in to whatabouttery. Hearts supporter = anti RC. That’s the end of it. No attempt to try and enter in to an adult debate, not attempt to look inwards and consider the behaviour of anyone associated with his own club. Nothing. Just: You are a bigot because you support Hearts. That’s what we are up against I’m afraid. The media allow it and lap it up because it sells stories, and there’s more of them than us in their potential readership circles.

manaliveits105

Celtic fans are by and far the most bigoted set of individuals you could ever come across and they try and pull everyone else into their nonsense