Today’s press conferences

Pants Shaton

You’d think Neil Lennon had been assassinated the way the press dwelt on the topic with Craig and Michael this morning.

Games behind closed doors?

Do you feel safe?

Stand too close to the pitch / dugout?

****ing hell - no one should be throwing coins but you’d think Hearts had just invented it.  You see it almost every week at every ground.

I’m all for weeding out the scummy element in our support but these pricks will use any stick to beat Hearts.  Easier than standing up to the old firm, I guess, if you’re a spineless wee supplicant. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• sadj

• Jambo-Jimbo

• Beast Boy

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

You’d think Neil Lennon had been assassinated the way the press dwelt on the topic with Craig and Michael this morning.

Do you feel safe?

****ing hell - no one should be throwing coins but you’d think Hearts had just invented it.  You see it almost every week at every ground.

I’m all for weeding out the scummy element in our support but these pricks will use any stick to beat Hearts.  Easier than standing up to the old firm, I guess, if you’re a spineless wee supplicant. 

Spot on Pants

rudi must stay

It is possibly because we have a good reputation. The Old Firm and Hibs have done so much that it goes without saying, that's another way to look at it

From the BBC report it sounds like Levein had a bit of a dig at Lennon for getting involved with fans behind the dugout.

I also noted that the BBC state that Lennon and the assistant referees were hit by coins while Zlamal 'claimed to be punched'.

Nothing like using your own eyes before writing a report...

Edited by Aaron78

Just a few weeks ago, the linesman at the Livi-Rangers game was struck by a coin, resulting in an actual wound being inflicted.  That coin came from the Rangers support.  While it made the news, I don't remember it being quite the same furore .  Reporting, like refereeing, should be done with some consistency.

Sadly, the Old Firm get cart blanche in everything they do.  Anything we do will be scrutinised.  The "Stick your poppy up the arse" is class example.  Can you imagine singing "stick the Pope up your arse" or "stick the Koran up your arse"?  Would be hate crimes.  How is it allowed to be sung? People gave their lives for these *****.  Scum to a man.  Filthy ****ing torags that they are.

As for Hibs, well we know anything they do will also be swept under the carpet.  2,000 yobs invade out national stadium and start knocking **** out of Rangers fans and tearing the pitch up....move along nothing to see here.....................file under over exuberance.

Edited by i8hibsh

13 minutes ago, Aaron78 said:

From the BBC report it sounds like Levein had a bit of a dig at Lennon for getting involved with fans behind the dugout.

I also noted that the BBC state that Lennon and the assistant referees were hit by coins while Zlamal 'claimed to be punched'.

Quote:

"I have been to lots of grounds where there is interaction with people behind the dugouts and it happens, it's not just at Tynecastle.  "I've been spat on, called this that and the other, and I try my best not to react.

"It's on all of us to try and not to react to these things, focus on the game, and not get involved with the crowd. I think that is incumbent on every manager."

"The sensible approach is not to get involved and don't antagonise anybody, keep your head down and walk away.  "There's no winners if you get involved with people behind the dugouts."

Edited by colinmaroon

Governor Tarkin
25 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Do you feel safe?

Nailed it.

11 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Sadly, the Old Firm get cart blanche in everything they do.  Anything we do will be scrutinised.  The "Stick your poppy up the arse" is class example.  Can you imagine singing "stick the Pope up your arse" or "stick the Koran up your arse"?  Would be hate crimes.  How is it allowed to be sung? People gave their lives for these *****.  Scum to a man.  Filthy ****ing torags that they are.

As for Hibs, well we know anything they do will also be swept under the carpet.  2,000 yobs invade out national stadium and start knocking **** out of Rangers fans and tearing the pitch up....move along nothing to see here.....................file under over exuberance.

I don't see the line from somebody sing about the poppy and Catholics and Muslims, both sets of people died in the British Armed Forces and now others sell and wear the poppy.

I don't know many Muslims and have never asked them about it but I know family members that have been in the Armed Forces. My sister was in the WRAF and is a God botherer, she also wears the poppy. So know your conjuring images I don't want to see, is she to stuff the Pope or the Poppy up her arse first? Or the Pope wearing a poppy? Does the General Moderator of the Church of Scotland have to have a go too? Just to keep it P.C. or do we just keep it to papes and muzzies?

41 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Do you feel safe?

The media in Scotland is run by the OF, for the OF fans.

2 minutes ago, PsychocAndy said:

I don't see the line from somebody sing about the poppy and Catholics and Muslims, both sets of people died in the British Armed Forces and now others sell and wear the poppy.

I don't know many Muslims and have never asked them about it but I know family members that have been in the Armed Forces. My sister was in the WRAF and is a God botherer, she also wears the poppy. So know your conjuring images I don't want to see, is she to stuff the Pope or the Poppy up her arse first? Or the Pope wearing a poppy? Does the General Moderator of the Church of Scotland have to have a go too? Just to keep it P.C. or do we just keep it to papes and muzzies?

The Poppy is a huge symbol of respect for many poeple who really value it.  You see this as different to someone seeing the Pope and Koran as s symbol of God etc?  Many people value the poppy symbol and many people value the Koran and the Pope.   

Not wearing the Poppy is someone's right.  Disrespecting the Poppy is hate inciting. 

29 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Quote:

"I have been to lots of grounds where there is interaction with people behind the dugouts and it happens, it's not just at Tynecastle.  "I've been spat on, called this that and the other, and I try my best not to react.

"It's on all of us to try and not to react to these things, focus on the game, and not get involved with the crowd. I think that is incumbent on every manager."

"The sensible approach is not to get involved and don't antagonise anybody, keep your head down and walk away.  "There's no winners if you get involved with people behind the dugouts."

Well said Levein.

The media didn’t make this kind of fuss when Rudi Skacel was struck by multiple objects at ER, as was Kevin Kyle. Perhaps the fact Rudi and Kevin didn’t hit the deck in a dramatic fashion had something to do with it. Or maybe it’s only newsworthy if the media can put a sectarian spin on things.

This crap will continue at all grounds until the courts start making the punishment sever enough to deter people. There’s little any club can do to stop in, unless they force everyone to empty their pockets on entry to the ground. But even then, it will just be pies and drinks thrown, as was the case on Wednesday anyway.

With the accusations from Lennon about Garruchio inciting the sending off of Kamberi and, in light of the "classy" comments from Craig Levein, it just shows you what a hypocrite Lennon is.

He deliberately was winding up the Hearts support and, the possibility must be considered that he did it looking to cause a reaction.  On that basis the Compliance Officer should be looking at his serial behaviour as a manager.

40 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Quote:

Yesssss ??

2 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

With the accusations from Lennon about Garruchio inciting the sending off of Kamberi and, in light of the "classy" comments from Craig Levein, it just shows you what a hypocrite Lennon is.

He deliberately was winding up the Hearts support and, the possibility must be considered that he did it looking to cause a reaction.  On that basis the Compliance Officer should be looking at his serial behaviour as a manager.

Spot on. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Im really disappointed that one eejit couldn’t contol himself and has tarnished the club’s reputation. Had he not thrown that coin all the focus would be on the behaviour of the Hibs fans.

1 hour ago, Pants Shaton said:

Do you feel safe?

:spoton:

Also the "poor wee Lennon the victim angle" is a money-spinner for shitehouse toilet paper rags who know they can print anything of the kind and it's caveman readership will buy in their droves. If he got shortchanged buying milk they'd put an anti-Catholic motive behind it.

48 minutes ago, Aaron78 said:

Hearts should never agreed to that joint statement wlithout saying fans, players, coaching staff, board members and match officials have a duty to conduct themselves in the appropriate manner.

Lennon should have been sent to the stad long before the incident if the 4th official had been doing his job properly.

Add for the cretin that threw the coin at Lennon, he's (Lennon) is more than capable of digging a hole for himself.

That coin is the difference between Lennon facing another few matches in the stand, but now won't have a Notice of Complaint served on him.

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

Hearts should never agreed to that joint statement wlithout saying fans, players, coaching staff, board members and match officials have a duty to conduct themselves in the appropriate manner.

Lennon should have been sent to the stad long before the incident if the 4th official had been doing his job properly.

Add for the cretin that threw the coin at Lennon, he's (Lennon) is more than capable of digging a hole for himself.

That coin is the difference between Lennon facing another few matches in the stand, but now won't have a Notice of Complaint served on him.

Hopefully they are caught soon and banned from football for life.

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

Spot on.

3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Don't worry chaps. We are all racist bigots according to Lennon. 

:jj_facepalm:

Hibs really are struggling with this.

Leanne says Lennon did not engage in goading the Hearts fans, Lennon said he did.

Lennon said it was a bit of banter with the fans, now it was 100% racist.

They and the media ARE NOT helping the situation.

5 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

It shouldn't make any difference!

Horatio Caine

After the last Derby at Tynecastle Lennon was talking about `considering his position` and the press were all over that - "oh what a shame it would be if he had to leave.." etc etc.  He's an attention seeking ..um..person and probably needs help.

4 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Don't worry chaps. We are all racist bigots according to Lennon. 

:jj_facepalm:

The terrace podcast were discussing this last night. Im sure Craig Fowler was making the point that its poor continually saying its sectarian that people behave like that. Other catholic managers in Scotland wouldn’t get the same treatment etc , Duncan (hibs fan) said he’s not in to the only one Neil Lennon and thats due to his off-field alleged behaviour. Problem is that doesn’t fit the narrative Neil Lennon nor the press seem to want. 

2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Hibs really are struggling with this.

Leanne says Lennon did not engage in goading the Hearts fans, Lennon said he did.

Lennon said it was a bit of banter with the fans, now it was 100% racist.

They and the media ARE NOT helping the situation.

Never pay attention to Lennons/hibs chat what was said by Lennon? 

The Apprentice
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Never pay attention to Lennons/hibs chat what was said by Lennon? 

Neil Lennon believes he suffers anti-Catholic "racism" in Scotland and says there was an effigy depicting him being hanged at Tynecastle during Wednesday's Edinburgh derby.

The Hibernian head coach was struck by a coin during his team's goalless draw after celebrating a disallowed Hearts goal.

Lennon suggested some observers had blamed him for "bringing it on myself" by "goading people", which he described as a "pretty poor" argument.

"You call it sectarianism here in Scotland, I call it racism," Lennon said. "If a black man is abused, you're not just abusing the colour of his skin - you're abusing his culture, heritage, his background.

"It's the exact same when I get called a Fenian, a pauper, a beggar, a tarrier. These people have a sense of entitlement, or a superiority complex, and all I do is stand up for myself.

"I got hit by a coin in the face by someone in the crowd. Not happy with some of the comments that have come out after. People should know better.

"Pretty poor, all this, 'I was goading people, I brought it on myself'. There was an effigy at Tynecastle saying, 'hang Neil Lennon', that was before the game. 

"Did I bring that on myself? You're all saying no, because you're right minded people, you're decent people. 

"So this has got to stop. Everyone says I play the victim - I don't."

1 hour ago, Pants Shaton said:

Do you feel safe?

:spoton:

The Treasurer
3 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

Ive heard at work that the GB are planning something in support of the victim :cornette:

Collection tins for any spare change maybe ?

Whilst there is no place for coin throwing,I have been going to Tynecastle for the best part of 60 years I have never witnessed anybody getting assaulted in the dugout area bar Neil Lennon.Perhaps he should review his own conduct...If you act like a twat in front of 7000 fans there's bound to be one dafty that reacts...

37 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The Poppy is a huge symbol of respect for many poeple who really value it.  You see this as different to someone seeing the Pope and Koran as s symbol of God etc?  Many people value the poppy symbol and many people value the Koran and the Pope.   

Not wearing the Poppy is someone's right.  Disrespecting the Poppy is hate inciting. 

But why not the Tora too. I think I know that you have no time for religion, but why just those two groups? 

4 minutes ago, PsychocAndy said:

But why not the Tora too. I think I know that you have no time for religion, but why just those two groups? 

They are the most destructive and pose the biggest dangers to humanity.

Do you think the SFA and police would believe that he was seemingly just throwing a donation to the cash cow and Lennon got in the way.

1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

Quote:

I see 11 managers in the SPFL, be it live or on TV, conduct themselves responsibly, then there is one manager who takes it upon himself to get involved with opposing fans!!!

Other than that manger, who else in the SPFL has received a touchline ban for his actions in the technical area?  Nobody comes to mind, other than the Clown across Town

**** Neil Lennon. I don't condone the coin throwing but it coudn' have happened to a more horrible individual. 

Goad the fans to your own peril. He will invite a riot one day IMO. 

The guys just asks for it. 

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Gonna have to say they pose a bigger threat than Catholics. As too do the wackjobs in the southern states of the US. 

A point from your original post, because i can't be bothered quoting you twice: what was our punishment for the behaviour at the 2005 semi with *that* "minute" of silence? Being a youngster at the time, I honestly don't remember if we got hammered for it even though like you say, nowadays we'd probably have the book thrown at us 

5 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Gonna have to say they pose a bigger threat than Catholics. As too do the wackjobs in the southern states of the US. 

A point from your original post, because i can't be bothered quoting you twice: what was our punishment for the behaviour at the 2005 semi with *that* "minute" of silence? Being a youngster at the time, I honestly don't remember if we got hammered for it even though like you say, nowadays we'd probably have the book thrown at us 

Think there was a punishment but can't remember too much.

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

It is possibly because we have a good reputation. The Old Firm and Hibs have done so much that it goes without saying, that's another way to look at it

Hard to believe each time anything happens they are all over it like a rash. They can't help themselves with their bias and it will never change so long as the influencial media keep turning a blind eye to what we all know goes on with the Old Firm support.

Until that changes along with the voting system that allows them to dominate every decision in the game then nothing will change.

Our Refereeing needs to be better and the clubs themselves need to stamp out all the feinging injury and trying to win penalties and get other players sent off.

If we can erradicate that from the game then we have something to work on otherwise forget it.

Edited by wavydavy

Oh joy! So I can look forward to a super slick GB display tomorrow at Darkheid showing more solidarity with the wee Hibs and their mutant manager which is currently being crayoned on bed sheets somewhere in deepest darkest weege as I type. Such unbridled joy!

The media reaction to this "story" is bull, total bull, even the hacks writing it know the real story here but that don't sell their toilet paper publications does it!

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Think there was a punishment but can't remember too much.

Cheers. Tried looking it up but could only find it mentioned as a side note in a story about us getting fined for what we said about the SFA after THAT game against Rangers 

41 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I think you'll find it's an orange* manchild that poses the greatest danger to humanity

*Small o on purpose, don't want to implicate any other group of people.

On another subject, as a non practising pape, the minutes silence for JPii was the most stupid thing ever. Had eff all to do with Scottish football and shouldn't have happened.