Any useful free transfers out there?

tartofmidlothian

9 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

It surprises me the number of members on here that have difficulty understanding Levein's quote of:

"We are also planning to go on with the squad we have."

According to the website we have a total of 5 CBs plus Smith and Haring, who can play at CB, plus Baur and Hamilton from the reserves.  Defence should not be an issue.

14 fixtures until the January window opens and Vanecek arrives.  Goal scoring may prove to be the problem.  May need to draft in Morrison, Zanatta, Currie or Keena into the 1st team squad as cover.  Neither Naisy or McLean are traditional CFs so Levein will need to adopt different tactics to suit.  Getting Morrison/Mitchell to the bye-line and then cutting the ball back may be the way to go.

Hearts will cope without Uche.

Have you watched these guys play? Smith is out tomorrow, Hughes is well past it and Baur is just not good enough. Haring is a midfielder not a CB and hamilton is too small.

Apart from that we are fine at the back.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wavydavy

• DH1986

• JamboAl

• Spellczech

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, kimosavi said:

Can we no just get a few emergency loans from Celtic to carry us to the title????? 

You can only do that if you happen to fall under one of the following....

1) Been stuck in the Championship for 3 seasons

Or

2) Hibs

Which is tbh pretty much the same thing.

10 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Have you watched these guys play? Smith is out tomorrow, Hughes is well past it and Baur is just not good enough. Haring is a midfielder not a CB and hamilton is too small.

Smith will be back after tomorrow, Hughes is fine as cover when fit, I've not seen much of Baur so fair enough and Hamilton is too small for what?

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

You can only do that if you happen to fall under one of the following....

1) Been stuck in the Championship for 3 seasons

Or

2) Hibs

Which is tbh pretty much the same thing.

Aye but its totally  no cheating or living without your means with emergency loans especially when your fit squad still has more players than the teams below you and you didnt even need an emergency loan anyways 

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Smith will be back after tomorrow, Hughes is fine as cover when fit, I've not seen much of Baur so fair enough and Hamilton is too small for what?

I disagree re Hughes being fine as cover now. Possibly last season but I think he is way past his best now. Baur would be a bit of a risk as he has not played in the first team since last season.

Hamilton in my opinion is too small to play in his preferred position (in the first team) which is Centre Back although he can play at right back as well. The lad is only 17 so has plenty time to develop though.

kingantti1874
11 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Haring was signed as a centre back, played their his whole career before coming to hearts. 

Hughes isn't reliable. Baur hasn't really been tested but is out on loan to Albion rovers so can't be used anyway. We basically have Dunne and Dikamona as our centre backs ? 

12 hours ago, wavydavy said:

There were plenty of people arguing this the other way round earlier in the season when Craig Levein moved him into midfield. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if you were one one them ?

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Haring was signed as a centre back, played their his whole career before coming to hearts. 

I remember reading about him just about the time he joined us and he said that he was a midfielder who had been converted to a CB but he preferred playing in midfield which is maybe why CL played him there in the first place. I agree though it was reported that we signed him as a CB. I also read that he got something like 15 booking in one season at his last club playing CB.

41 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

There were plenty of people arguing this the other way round earlier in the season when Craig Levein moved him into midfield. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if you were one one them ?

If I was and I honestly can't remember or be bothered to troll through all my pervious posts then I apologise as he has been one of our best players.

2 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Aye but its totally  no cheating or living without your means with emergency loans especially when your fit squad still has more players than the teams below you and you didnt even need an emergency loan anyways 

Wouldn't take a loan player from them for any reason,any team that does puts themselves in thrall to them feck that.

53 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

If I was and I honestly can't remember or be bothered to troll through all my pervious posts then I apologise as he has been one of our best players.

I was just yanking your chain but there were certainly complaints about playing a centre half in midfield. Let's hope we don't miss him too much today.