BBC Question Time from Edinburgh

Restonbabe

6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Has he broadcast any National Action court cases yet, or does he just stick to Muslims. 

His agenda is pretty much solely the threat of Islamic rule

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• frankblack

• Space Mackerel

• i8hibsh

Just now, i8hibsh said:

His agenda is pretty much solely the threat of Islamic rule

:rofl: 

You don't mind British rule tho. 

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

:rofl: 

You don't mind British rule tho. 

Being British, I absolutely insist on it. Hence my exit the European Union vote recently.

Edited by i8hibsh

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
22 minutes ago, Hunky Dory said:

It is comments like these that remind me I've chosen the right side.

You only quoted one comment. 

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Being British, I absolutely insist on it. Hence my exit the European Union vote recently.

And the Scottish will do the same with the UK. 2019.

Good luck to the OP tomorrow, you'll need it. If you could slap the Britain first/SDL knob head who is always in the audience for me, that would be great. 

Edited by ri Alban

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
21 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

ri Alban is Nick McGriffin but he is our Nick McGriffin.  I'd be lying if I said I never had a soft spot for the wee scamp.

Really? I find him poisonous and distasteful. 

Thankfully tho, the more people are exposed to his type the more harm he does to the very cause he so desperately and aggressively supports. 

2 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Thankfully tho, the more people are exposed to his type the more harm he does to the very cause he so desperately and aggressively supports. 

Glass and stones. 

6 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Add contradictory to that list too.

Agree though. His rather simplistic views on Scottish Independence do make me more inclined to stay part of the Union.

5 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

Tomorrow, I have the opportunity to ask a question from the Scottish Parliament debating chamber on Question time

i already have one question regarding food labeling. however im stuck on another relevant question to ask. I dont want it to go to waste as this program is viewed by millions. i want it to be substantial.

i already have a safe one. (mentioning the failings of the SNP by continually pushing for a indyref2 and neglecting the day job)

however i want a better one than that.

so over to you fine specimens. 

what do you think i should ask. 

Not enough :cornette: 's in the world for that.  

Please say it.

7 minutes ago, Old Hearts said:

Add contradictory to that list too.

Agree though. His rather simplistic views on Scottish Independence do make me more inclined to stay part of the Union.

It's funny, but I always prefer to base my voting on a party's policies and my confidence in them being able to deliver them - or, in the case of a referendum, which decision I think will be best for my country and its people - rather than being influenced either way by some random on a football website. Maybe that's just me being eccentric however.

2 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

It's funny, but I always prefer to base my voting on a party's policies and my confidence in them being able to deliver them - or, in the case of a referendum, which decision I think will be best for my country and its people - rather than being influenced either way by some random on a football website. Maybe that's just me being eccentric however.

Not one individual. Him and his like.

Thanks for your highly condescending, stating the bleeding obvious post though. It was enlightening.  

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
14 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Quite right. 

How did the abolition of the council tax go? 

Why do the SNP believe that they will have more control over Scotland's destiny and economy as a member of the European Union rather than as part of the UK?

Geoff the Mince

I wonder if any traitors will be waving Palestine flags ? 

Should de deported to the Westbank .

40 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Summed up how I feel after tonight!

11 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

I wonder if any traitors will be waving Palestine flags ? 

Should de deported to the Westbank .

The arselicking and obsession of Palestine from the left is quite possibly the most nauseating thing I have ever known.  Truly tragic.  They wave the flag and take this quite remarkably bizarre moral high ground.  Utterly baffling.  It is up there with ‘LGBT for Islam’ for me.

Where to begin

:vrface:

Edited by i8hibsh

41 minutes ago, Old Hearts said:

Not one individual. Him and his like.

Thanks for your highly condescending, stating the bleeding obvious post though. It was enlightening.  

Anytime.   :fonzie:

Geoff the Mince
18 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The arselicking and obsession of Palestine from the left is quite possibly the most nauseating thing I have ever known.  Truly tragic.  They wave the flag and take this quite remarkably bizarre moral high ground.  Utterly baffling.  It is up there with ‘LGBT for Islam’ for me.

Where to begin

:vrface:

You also have  Linda Sasour the Islamist and femanist .

Brighton Jambo
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Never been banned, the point is legitimate as EU nationals were banned from euref. And will be banned from Indyref2. 

So answer the fecking question. Were your wee feelings hurt when your Britnazi party banned EU citizens from the Euref. 

So in your scenario, someone like me who has lived in Scotland for 35 years, paid god knows how much in tax, has two Scottish children, a Scottish wife etc etc doesn’t get a vote simply because I was born in England?  

If the media supported independence we would  be independent. Simple really. It's in favour of the Union and that's why the pros and cons are diluted, not discussed or portrayed as inept. 

People support the union for a mixture of reasons and fair enough but for heavens sake you gave to agree the independence movement has to suffer real ignorance from all elements outwith their support. 

Governor Tarkin
58 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

So in your scenario, someone like me who has lived in Scotland for 35 years, paid god knows how much in tax, has two Scottish children, a Scottish wife etc etc doesn’t get a vote simply because I was born in England?  

Probably.

ri Alban ******* hates us English.

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

“Scots born only”

I will continue to vote NO to save Scotland from that kind of thinking. At least it is diluted in a UK environment and people who think like that are marginalised. 

:pleasing:

3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

ri Alban is Nick McGriffin but he is our Nick McGriffin.  I'd be lying if I said I never had a soft spot for the wee scamp.

I am on this train. He is our very own Derek Riordan and “wan ay us”. 

scott herbertson
4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Britain never put up a fight to keep scotland in the Union.  Scotland put up a fight for scotland to remain in the Union. 90% of Britiain never had the slightest say.

The British media (newspapers in particular)  seemed to make a concerted effort to get Scotland to vote no. As did British politicians (Westminster English MPs) as far as I could see?

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I didn't get a vote in Indyref despite having been born in Scotland and brought up here and paid taxes etc just because I moved to England to find work int he Thatcher years.

However , I agree they hve tomake a decision on that and stick to it and residency seems fairest

4 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

The British media (newspapers in particular)  seemed to make a concerted effort to get Scotland to vote no. As did British politicians (Westminster English MPs) as far as I could see?

Correct. Sigh, you have to wonder why because we are skint and something wrong with our education, seemingly. Don't cha just love the equal partnership and share of 2 trillion debt. 

SpruceBringsteen

Ask Ross Thomson why there's not a single photo of him in existence where he doesn't look like he's trying to sneak out a wee fart.

9 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

Tomorrow, I have the opportunity to ask a question from the Scottish Parliament debating chamber on Question time

i already have one question regarding food labeling. however im stuck on another relevant question to ask. I dont want it to go to waste as this program is viewed by millions. i want it to be substantial.

i already have a safe one. (mentioning the failings of the SNP by continually pushing for a indyref2 and neglecting the day job)

however i want a better one than that.

so over to you fine specimens. 

what do you think i should ask. 

Ask: It's now 4yrs since the referendum, is the SNP now able to answer, in detail,  the basic questions they were asked by the electorate during the campaign. Questions such as; What will the currency be? What will be our level of UK debt? Will we be able to join the EU with high levels of debt? 

Seymour M Hersh
6 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

The Scottish Sun supported Independence and still supports the Nats (perhaps not as strongly as at the referendum) but the Sun in the rest of the country was very much opposed to independence. Apparently it caused a lot of issues internally. As for other papers the Glasgow Herald was pro independence as far as I could tell but the others seemed to be all pro Union. If you thought the papers and politicians were trying to get us to vote to leave the Union then it's because of the awful job they did trying to save the Union. 

jack D and coke
14 hours ago, frankblack said:

The electorate voted to remain part of the union.  That is how democracy works mate! :thumbsup:

Do you expect people on here to still believe you voted Yes Frank? 

Seriously it’s getting silly :lol: 

11 hours ago, coconut doug said:

Have you not heard Nicola thanking people from elsewhere for choosing Scotland as their home and pledging to fight againt deportations?

Exactly mate. Not to mention the family of Syrian refugees she has living in her house. 

Montgomery Brewster
16 hours ago, jamboy1982 said:

Please ask:

if Scotland is such a drain on Britain why did they fight so hard to ensure Scotland remained part of the union?

This is a question I have posed to many pro union people over the years . Always guaranteed to bring a change of conversation from politics to ‘what car are you driving these days’ in an instant. 

Montgomery Brewster
6 hours ago, ADAM said:

Ask: It's now 4yrs since the referendum, is the SNP now able to answer, in detail,  the basic questions they were asked by the electorate during the campaign. Questions such as; What will the currency be? What will be our level of UK debt? Will we be able to join the EU with high levels of debt? 

The self determination movement is more than just the snp. Quite why anyone would want another country to be responsible for its decisions is always a strange one to me... oh wait that’s because we are too wee , too stupid. It’s time people got up off their knees and stood up for themselves. Stop blaming everything on the tories and red tories and make our own decisions. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
12 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Best thing to come out of Glasgow imo.  ****ing love the stuff.

A bit tooo much

:sob:

The best thing to come out of Glasgow is the road to Edinburgh. 

Love a good ScotNat v BritNat thread on here. Always fresh and filled with new content that we've never heard before. Bless! 

17 hours ago, Hasselhoff said:

"When will the SNP acknowledge that education in Scotland is failing? What happened to it being the number one priority and the thing Sturgeon is judged on? Was mentioned once at their conference whereas indy was mentioned countless times"

Never mind independence, Brexit and all that pish. This is the question to ask.

8 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Love a good ScotNat v BritNat thread on here. Always fresh and filled with new content that we've never heard before. Bless! 

:clyay:

True.  Imagine the bitterness and hostility on here should an Indy 2 referendum be approved.

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

:laugh:

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

:clyay:

True.  Imagine the bitterness and hostility on here should an Indy 2 referendum be approved.

It'll be, without a doubt, an absolute shitshow. The only hope is that Heart of Midlothian are crowned Scottish champions by the time or the terrace will be filled with arseholes as well

Governor Tarkin
7 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

The only hope is that Heart of Midlothian are crowned Scottish champions by the time or the terrace will be filled with arseholes as well

The terrace is filled with arseholes in perpetuity. Present company included obv' :thumbsup:

Governor Tarkin
26 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

It's a pity, really. There are a thousand shades of grey inbetween the two extremes.

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

The terrace is filled with arseholes in perpetuity. Present company included obv' :thumbsup:

I mean, you're not wrong...but it's nice to dream, you know? 

4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It's a pity, really. There are a thousand shades of grey inbetween the two extremes.

It really is. I know people on both sides who just aren't capable of a proper discussion and just resort to the same pish every time ruining what could really be a proper, interesting debate 

14 hours ago, frankblack said:

I would be interested to see if the SNP would publicly back a people's vote in the event of an independence vote to decide on accepting the settlement - currency, debt, etc.  Nicola publicly requested one for Brexit, so I assume she would not object to the people having an option to remain if the terms were not favourable post independence?

No, she didn't.  She said that the SNP would back one if one was called, but didn't actually call for one.

Quote from BBC

SNP MPs would back a new Brexit referendum if it were put to them, party leader Nicola Sturgeon has said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-45760207

1 hour ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

The best thing to come out of Glasgow is the road to Edinburgh. 

I stand corrected.

18 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It is getting tiresome and imo consuming the country.  Genuinely see no point of return either.  We are fractured.

51 minutes ago, Boris said:

No, she didn't.  She said that the SNP would back one if one was called, but didn't actually call for one.

Quote from BBC

SNP MPs would back a new Brexit referendum if it were put to them, party leader Nicola Sturgeon has said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-45760207

Semantics, Boris.  You and I both know the Lib Dems and some dissenting Labour MPs will be trying to get this through Parliament, which means the SNP will also be taking part.

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Semantics, Boris.  You and I both know the Lib Dems and some dissenting Labour MPs will be trying to get this through Parliament, which means the SNP will also be taking part.

If you say so, personally I disagree.  You never know, she may get what she wants out of the deal, but I doubt it...

What I find intresting is people that want independence welcome immigrants/refugees  with open arms. I'm pro independence but the only ones we should let in are those with skills we need or with the means to support themselves while they search for work. I was at Tesco at Queensferry last night and it was a Romanian/Bulgarian  selling the big issue. When I walk along the high street its Romanians that are begging we have enough homeless,wasters, junkies beggers and scroungers to deal with without importing them. Why should we burden ourselves with other countries problems when we have people that cant feed themselves. People that milk the system take money from our pockets. We should be independent but we shouldn't just bend over to the EU. The SNP are backing themselves into a corner of being too liberal and its going to get to the stage they are seen as a joke just as UKIP were seen as a joke for being too hardline. We need a putin type in charge that will make unpopular choices like hitting the rich with higher tex and chasing big companies for tax and stop letting them get away with tax dodges to get the economy moving again,to give the country a lift and tell trump to butt out . The Westminster government don't care about Scotland that much is clear, Donald Trump has more of say in British politics than Scotland.