BBC Question Time from Edinburgh

Restonbabe

3 minutes ago, jamboy1982 said:

Naive to think that the remain party we’re not controlled from London!! 

That is a tad paranoid mate.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• frankblack

• Space Mackerel

• i8hibsh

8 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Exactly - better put than my answer, but quite frankly I don't think we needed to spell out the obvious.

EU membership guaranteed, devo max. Well time to ask again.  This time on the voting terms as Brexit. Scots born only. You know the people of Scotland who voted for independence, but were outvoted  by foreign meddling from your fellow Brits. 

Oh and how do you think 200,000 EU nationals would vote this time. 

Edited by ri Alban

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

EU membership guaranteed, devo max. Well time to ask again.  This time on the voting terms as Brexit. Scots born only. You know the people of Scotland who voted for independence, but were outvoted  by foreign meddling from your fellow Brits. 

Oh and how do you think 200,000 EU nationals would vote this time. 

You also had the SNP with the white paper claiming that oil would be the backbone of the economy.  That was a bust before Brexit was voted on.

Also, your point about non-Scots residents outvoting the nationalists is racist and deeply offensive chum.

Edited by frankblack

Thunderstruck

Ask if the panel think that referendums are now worthless currency. Should we now follow Canada’s example and require a supermajority in favour of change. 

Just now, frankblack said:

You also had the SNP with the white paper claiming that oil would be the backbone of the economy.  That was a bust before Brexit was voted on.

Bonus was the claim. How's the oil price anyway. Closing in on $90 dollars. 

2 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Ask if the panel think that referendums are now worthless currency. Should we now follow Canada’s example and require a supermajority in favour of change. 

I'm sure the level-headed nationalists like @ri Alban would be happy with this...

:leveinnaturalorder:

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I'm sure the level-headed nationalists like @ri Alban would be happy with this...

:leveinnaturalorder:

It'll be a landslide this March. 75% Yes!!!! 

Now that a backstop has been agreed for N.I. and that no concessions are to be made for Scotland is it accurate to assume that government policy is being driven by the extremists in their coalition and the threat of violence? 

2 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Now that a backstop has been agreed for N.I. and that no concessions are to be made for Scotland is it accurate to assume that government policy is being driven by the extremists in their coalition and the threat of violence? 

Eh?  The government are trying to deliver Brexit, which was a democratic decision taken by the electorate.

Are you trying to claim that the majority of people in the UK must be Neo Nazi racists so we should ignore their democratic will?

54 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

On the assumption that there will be someone form the SNP, please ask.

Why do you continue to sell your entire package under the dangling golden carrot of ‘free’?  Everything (literally everything) you promise is free.  Free for who exactly?  I now pay a higher rate of tax under you than ever in my 20 + years of work.  Where do you get off exactly continually insulting those that contribute to your ‘utopia’ by saying stuff is free.

Why are you continually penalising a majority for a small minority? Why should I pay more for my lager every week just because some drug fueled waster in Castlemilk can’t be responsible?

Baby boxes, really?

Scotland does not welcome ALL REFUGEES, kindly stop speaking on my behalf.  Who is going to pay for these refugees?

Why is democracy only acceptable when a vote goes your way?   There is no other 'peoples' vote.  People did vote.  You just mean 'Your people'.

What is with your fascination and obsession with other separatist ‘causes’ like Palestine and Catelonia.  You are paid by the public to run this country.

Every penny spent on Gaelic is a penny watsed.  How can you justify the millions you throw into saving this Lehman Brother language.

:spoton:

This 1 gets my vote

luckyBatistuta
3 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

thanks and this is exactly why i want some advice on actually what to ask that is most relevant in modern day politics.

even if it is an brexit question it would have to be along the likes of 

Scotland voted to remain in the the union in 2014. during the brexit referendum we voted for the uk to remain in the EU. It is clear now scotland is facing the reality of now remaining part of the union and not part of the European community.

why is it in Westminster scotlands political viewpoints are being completely ignored?

FTFY

2 hours ago, 56anawthat said:

"Should Seann and Katya be booted off Strictly?"

that'll get them going.

:laugh2:

1/ Why is a multi million pound bridge sitting empty all day apart from the odd bus and taxi. Why is it not generating money, could easily be turned in to a toll bridge, that would make enough money for the upkeep of both bridges.

2/ How are those refugees settling in to your spare room Nicola.

Edited by luckyBatistuta

6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Eh?  The government are trying to deliver Brexit, which was a democratic decision taken by the electorate.

Are you trying to claim that the majority of people in the UK must be Neo Nazi racists so we should ignore their democratic will?

NI troubles. 

26 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Britain never put up a fight to keep scotland in the Union.  Scotland put up a fight for scotland to remain in the Union. 90% of Britiain never had the slightest say.

You're forgetting the famous "Vow" made to Scotland, by Cameron, Clegg and Miliband - if only Scotland would keep the Union together.

You're also forgetting Michael Fallon's scaremongering on a No vote, and subsequent loss of Clydeside jobs, or Cameron claiming green technology was under threat, by the breakup of the UK. Most obvious and relevant - the UK scaremongering on how Scotland would be out of the EU . if we voted Yes !

It's pretty obvious; powerbrokers in Westminster put up a fight to keep Scotland in the Union.

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Sorry i forgot about the U.K. situation what with me living in Scotland where 62% voted to remain. Seems only fair that U.K. wishes should be ignored in N.I. though so that they can get a better deal than us because the DUP (and Labour obviously)keeps the Tories in power. Why else are the Tories doing it- because they don't want a return to violence. apparently. When Corbyn speaks to them trying to get them to stop this is colluding with terrorists, far better to change your policy to accommodate them in the first place surely.

Neo Nazi racists, who mentioned them? You did.

23 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Also, your point about non-Scots residents outvoting the nationalists is racist and deeply offensive chum.

Did it offend you during the EU ref? 

25 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You do realise that you're a nationalist? 

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Because it suits your agenda ?

Im a bit bemused by your post! Of course the question around education fits my 'agenda' - which is why I put 'good question - in my opinion'. 

Do you think it is a bad question because it suits your agenda?

I would also be interested to know what you think my agenda is? I can tell you that, on this occasion, it was to simply highlight what I perceive as failings in our education system (quite well documented failings) and the fact that the First Minister did not, in her keynote speech, seek to address that and reassure our beleaguered teachers, but instead chose it to portray the party as the single-issue one that many hope they are not.  

Edited by LeftBack

1 minute ago, LeftBack said:

Im a bit bemused by your post! Of course the question around education fits my 'agenda' - which is why I put 'good question - in my opinion'. 

Do you think it is a bad question because it suits your agenda?

I would also be interested to know what you think my agenda is? I can tell you that, on this occasion, it was to simply what I perceive as failings in our education system (quite well documented failings) and the fact that the First Minister did not, in her keynote speech, seek to address that and reassure our beleaguered teachers, but instead chose it to portray the party as the single-issue one that many hope they are not.  

John Swinney is the education minister. He mentioned it a lot during his speech. 

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Why should I pay more for my lager every week just because some drug fueled waster in Castlemilk can’t be responsible?

You must drink some pish lager (which accurately describes all lagers, IMO) if 50p/unit has made yours more expensive.

4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

John Swinney is the education minister. He mentioned it a lot during his speech. 

Seriously? The education minister mentioned education in his speech? Anyway - that misses the point. The OP asked for questions to ask during Question Time. Someone said something around education would be good. I agreed because I think improving educational standards should be the primary objective of any governing party and the opportunity to ask this question reinforces this in a public forum.

1 minute ago, Boof said:

You must drink some pish lager (which accurately describes all lagers, IMO) if 50p/unit has made yours more expensive.

Was always £8 for 12 Tennents.

Now £8.80 for 10.

“Scots born only”

I will continue to vote NO to save Scotland from that kind of thinking. At least it is diluted in a UK environment and people who think like that are marginalised. 

7 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

“Scots born only”

I will continue to vote NO to save Scotland from that kind of thinking. At least it is diluted in a UK environment and people who think like that are marginalised. 

Diluting Scots racists with English Welsh and Irish racists is agood thing, yes?  Are you saying that their racists are better than ours?

13 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Was always £8 for 12 Tennents.

Now £8.80 for 10.

Boof is right, you do drink pish lager!!

26 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Did it offend you during the EU ref? 

I think you have been banned at least a couple of times before under different user accounts for racist postings.

25 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

You do realise that you're a nationalist? 

Oh very droll.

2 minutes ago, Hunky Dory said:

It's really not.  These apparent declining educational standards are a complete fallacy, created by the press and regurgitated by obedient unionists.

Proof?  ONS recent stating that Scotland is the best educated country in Europe.

If your claims are in response to Pisa testing system, have you any idea what we're being compared to?  It's a direct comparison against pedagogical models in Scandinavia and the Reggio Emilia model in Italy.  It's a complete nonsense.

You are actually proving my point - which was the lack of education (apologies - the poor representation of education) in the First Minister's speech. Why did she not stand up and say - "and to those who worry about education standards in our schools can I say this. The ONS says Scotland is the best educated country in Europe. And any suggestion to the contrary is based on arguments which are - if I can paraphrase Hunky Dory - complete nonsense. Now I have addressed the major concern of parents and teachers around Scotland I would like to talk about independence'.

So to sum up -  I shouldn't listen to what educational professionals tell me or indeed what I see in my own children's schools? We could argue all night. I  think educational standards in Scotland could and should be improved. You dont. Because apparently they are the best in Europe.

2 minutes ago, jamboy1982 said:

Boof is right, you do drink pish lager!!

Best thing to come out of Glasgow imo.  ****ing love the stuff.

A bit tooo much

:sob:

2 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Diluting Scots racists with English Welsh and Irish racists is agood thing, yes?  Are you saying that their racists are better than ours?

I thought guid honest Scots were better than that. 

At least ri Alban is honest about it. No better than Nick Griffin tbh

15 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

Seriously? The education minister mentioned education in his speech? Anyway - that misses the point. The OP asked for questions to ask during Question Time. Someone said something around education would be good. I agreed because I think improving educational standards should be the primary objective of any governing party and the opportunity to ask this question reinforces this in a public forum.

They opposition just vote against anything the SNP do. So why bother, keep your eyes on the prize. Feck devolution, it's for amateurs. 

As it happens, how many times did slenderman mention Brexit down in Toryscumville. 

Space Mackerel

I’m going to watch this for the severe doing that arsehole Ross is going to receive from the whole panel and the audience. :lol:

12 minutes ago, Hunky Dory said:

It's really not.  These apparent declining educational standards are a complete fallacy, created by the press and regurgitated by obedient unionists.

Proof?  ONS recent stating that Scotland is the best educated country in Europe.

If your claims are in response to Pisa testing system, have you any idea what we're being compared to?  It's a direct comparison against pedagogical models in Scandinavia and the Reggio Emilia model in Italy.  It's a complete nonsense.

And by the way. The ONS report was 2014. 

9 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I think you have been banned at least a couple of times before under different user accounts for racist postings.

Oh very droll.

Never been banned, the point is legitimate as EU nationals were banned from euref. And will be banned from Indyref2. 

So answer the fecking question. Were your wee feelings hurt when your Britnazi party banned EU citizens from the Euref. 

Edited by ri Alban

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

ri Alban is Nick McGriffin but he is our Nick McGriffin.  I'd be lying if I said I never had a soft spot for the wee scamp.

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

They opposition just vote against anything the SNP do. So why bother, keep your eyes on the prize. Feck devolution, it's for amateurs. 

As it happens, how many times did slenderman mention Brexit down in Toryscumville. 

I dont know who slenderman is or where Toryscumville is. Maybe if educational standards were improved I would be better at modern studies and geography.

And, just to reiterate, the OP asked for suggestions for questions to ask. Someone said something around education which I agreed with. 

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

pre SNP

67p a can

post SNP

88p a can

My cider rocketed, but unlike you I see the reasoning behind it.  Ever tried water. 

5 minutes ago, Hunky Dory said:

It is comments like these that remind me I've chosen the right side.

Same 

Just now, ri Alban said:

My cider rocketed, but unlike you I see the reasoning behind it.  Ever tried water. 

Love water.  Just prefer my water with hops and barley in it.

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Clearly you don't if your previous comment is anything to go by.

You obviously think the rest of us are dishonest. What a wonderful opinion to have of your fellow scots, assuming of course you self identify as Scottish.

13 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

“Scots born only”

I was born in England to English and Scottish parents and raised here from a couple of years age.

According to some racist halfwits of here, neither myself nor my father should be allowed to vote in Scotland because it harms the chances of their SNP winning.  I know an English SNP member and activist who I guess should be kicked out of the party too I guess, and the same goes for any resident foreigners.

5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

ri Alban is Nick McGriffin but he is our Nick McGriffin.  I'd be lying if I said I never had a soft spot for the wee scamp.

How's your hero Tommy Robinson these days. 

Just now, Hunky Dory said:

ONS stated that, not me.  Take it up with them.

In summary - ONS "We've completed a study and will provide empirical research evidence that Scottish schools are the best in Europe."  You "I spoke with a few teachers and seen my children's school, they're rubbish."

In 2014 the ONS said whatever they said.

In 2018 (tonight) I said a question around education at Question Time in Edinburgh would be good. I also said that educational professionals are not particularly happy with the way things are going and that I am disappointed by the education my children are receiving (based on higher than average classrooms, huge turnover of teachers and a focus on hitting prescribed targets rather than allowing teachers to teach).

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

How's your hero Tommy Robinson these days. 

He is certainnly not my hero but I like him and keep an interested eye on his activities.  

Just now, i8hibsh said:

He is certainnly not my hero but I like him and keep an interested eye on his activities.  

Has he broadcast any National Action court cases yet, or does he just stick to Muslims. 

Just now, ri Alban said:

Has he broadcast any National Action court cases yet, or does he just stick to Muslims. 

You are in no position to criticise others with the comments you made above.

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I was born in England to English and Scottish parents and raised here from a couple of years age.

According to some racist halfwits of here, neither myself nor my father should be allowed to vote in Scotland because it harms the chances of their SNP winning.  I know an English SNP member and activist who I guess should be kicked out of the party too I guess, and the same goes for any resident foreigners.

Do you think that is SNP policy? Do you know how many of the SNP cabinet are not Scots born? Have you not heard Nicola thanking people from elsewhere for choosing Scotland as their home and pledging to fight againt deportations?

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You are in no position to criticise others with the comments you made above.

Answer the question.