Peapods

Tams bird

Used to love buying them and eating them straight fom the pod.... Not the same now I dont think... :sad:

Stuart Lyon

Depends where you buy them. Not sure if M&S do them but when I get their mange touts I usually have a few raw - they are great.

Eating them, on the patio, with a cigar & a Strongbow. Also a gun for the resident fence jumpers.

:)

MackaysCentreSpot
Used to love buying them and eating them straight fom the pod.... Not the same now I dont think... :sad:

Aye those were the days.

Depends where you buy them. Not sure if M&S do them but when I get their mange touts I usually have a few raw - they are great.

The ones i just had were from M&S.:sad:

Do like mange tout as well though..

I love peapods my mum bought them for me last week and forgot to give them to me... bet she's ate them now:sad:

The time from picking to eating is the key thing with peas.

The sugar in them quickly turns to starch. So the best peas are eaten in your own garden munching them as you pick them. A true taste of summer.

It is possible that the time from picking to eating the ones in the shops has got longer in recent years (less local production and shipping around for packaging etc) - that could be why you are not enjoying them as much.

Peas are incredibly easy to grow. 2 or 3 feet by a foot worth of soil will grow a nice crop.:)

Archived