**Official 100% Away Record Heart of Midlothian v Rangers Match Thread**

kingantti1874

They seem to be a much better team at home than away this season so we probably can't take too much from the Livingston match. Hopefully, tonight has taken a lot out of them.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Beast Boy

• Hearts007

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Stokesy said:

They seem to be a much better team at home than away this season so we probably can't take too much from the Livingston match. Hopefully, tonight has taken a lot out of them.

I wouldn't place to much emphasis on tonights result.

They have beaten a team in the bottom six of a league which is of a similar standard to our league.

Rapid are nowhere near the standard of RB Saltzburg.

Looks like The Rangers have landed on their feet with another easy draw.

1 hour ago, tcjambo said:

Hopefully, this result will make them more complacent for Sunday. Hopefully. Tavernier will find Demi a real handful.

Hope so. Their record at home is good and generally pretty convincing, especially compared to Celtic's home record this year. I'd absolutely take a draw tbh. I think we're more than capable of winning, but Ibrox never seems to be a successful hunting ground for us. Sunday will tell us a lot.

Strange one. Every time i look at their results apart from Livingson, i have it in my head that they are flying. We're 8 points ahead of them. I guess i just assume as normal that Rangers and Celtic are never far off another team when they have their moment at the top of the league.

Its a massive game for Rangers and of course us. Not sure if Uche is back but honestly i'd take a draw. A win would be amazing but a draw would be decent.

0-0 for me.

1 hour ago, JamboJen said:

Hope so. Their record at home is good and generally pretty convincing, especially compared to Celtic's home record this year. I'd absolutely take a draw tbh. I think we're more than capable of winning, but Ibrox never seems to be a successful hunting ground for us. Sunday will tell us a lot.

I've only been to Ibrox twice. Once for a 0-0 draw and second time to sit in the Sevco end 10 yards away from Osman Sow when he scored the wimner so I maybe have a rose-tinted view of playing them there.

1 hour ago, tcjambo said:

I've only been to Ibrox twice. Once for a 0-0 draw and second time to sit in the Sevco end 10 yards away from Osman Sow when he scored the wimner so I maybe have a rose-tinted view of playing them there.

Funny, I'm the opposite. The occasional, unexpected wins we got through there happened when I was at uni and working weekends so didn't my first win there until the Championship season. Parkhead on the other hand, was 4 games before I saw us lose to Celtic!!

I don't know if it's just where the away section is at Ibrox but the pitch always seems to look absolutely massive and we give the likes of Miller and Tavernier the run of the place.

I'd actually rather face them with Lafferty up front that Miller.

3 hours ago, Junta said:

Strange one. Every time i look at their results apart from Livingson, i have it in my head that they are flying. We're 8 points ahead of them. I guess i just assume as normal that Rangers and Celtic are never far off another team when they have their moment at the top of the league.

Its a massive game for Rangers and of course us. Not sure if Uche is back but honestly i'd take a draw. A win would be amazing but a draw would be decent.

0-0 for me.

If we play a high tempo game , pressing them high up the park, they will not be able to cope with us.

They beat a very poor team last night and their performance wasn’t anything to write home about

Arfield was getting booed at one point for giving the ball away constantly.

Get in their faces and use the pace we have an I have no worries 

Empty Ibrox by half time 

Bazzas right boot

The game on Saturday will tell us more about ourselves than rangers. 

Rangers seem a team that over 5 games will win 3 convincingly but them drop points in the other 2, if that continues and we continue to grind out results we'll continue to widen the gap even if they beat us. 

I have a bad feeling that they'll beat us with a bit to spare, but drop points again in a week or two, where as I think we'll beat both Aberdeen and Hibs. 

Ofc, if we can get ahead we may well win but my gut is they'll score relatively early and we'll struggle. 

If that happens I wouldn't panic as I think teams will beat each other over the season. 

Let’s all be honest for a second. They have shown glimpses of a team that could potentially be very good indeed. They don’t have the squad depth to play domestically and in Europe with consistency though. They also have home advantage, and everything that goes with that in Glasgow particularly.

We are a very good side too though. We can’t lose sight of that and go there and invite them on to us. We need to go there and exploit the spaces they will leave at the back when they attack us. They are not great defensively, and we must exploit that. 

It’s going to be a tough game I suspect.

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

Clerry Jambo

I don't expect Hearts to go through to Ibrox and start throwing players forward immediately. However, hopefully we are compact and that the players are positive in managing the game.

Attack open spaces, we have the players with energy to do that and most importantly "be brave"

Sit back, knocking the ball sideways and backwards and we return from Glasgow again, with zilch!

Clerry Jambo
10 hours ago, Jcy110715 said:

Not sure. Nobody has confirmed either way?

Article about Morrison and no mention of injury unless CL keeping close to his chest

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2018/10/04/hearts-boss-craig-levein-thrilled-with-teenagers-early-season-form-ahead-of-rangers-clash/

Edited by Clerry Jambo

All roads lead to Gorgie

I am hoping that their result last night will make them complacent and we capitalise fully. However, they are probably stronger than we realised earlier and I would take a point right now but we are more than capable of the three nonetheless but need to be at our upmost best. 

49 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Let’s all be honest for a second. They have shown glimpses of a team that could potentially be very good indeed. They don’t have the squad depth to play domestically and in Europe with consistency though. They also have home advantage, and everything that goes with that in Glasgow particularly.

We are a very good side too though. We can’t lose sight of that and go there and invite them on to us. We need to go there and exploit the spaces they will leave at the back when they attack us. They are not great defensively, and we must exploit that. 

It’s going to be a tough game I suspect.

People say this will be a big test for us which is true but the same can be said about The Rangers. They haven't beaten any of the better teams yet.

They drew with Aberdeen lost to Celtic and Livingston. Their home games have been against lower league teams even last night was against a very poor lower Austrian league team.

They have as much to prove as we have imo.

The pressure is now on us though because if Hibs win tomorrow as expected they will only be TWO points behind us.

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Rangers seem a team that over 5 games will win 3 convincingly but them drop points in the other 2, if that continues and we continue to grind out results we'll continue to widen the gap even if they beat us. 

I have a bad feeling that they'll beat us with a bit to spare, but drop points again in a week or two, where as I think we'll beat both Aberdeen and Hibs. 

Ofc, if we can get ahead we may well win but my gut is they'll score relatively early and we'll struggle. 

If that happens I wouldn't panic as I think teams will beat each other over the season. 

It's quite scary how close to my thoughts your post is, almost identical in fact, the only thing I would add is that no one is really expecting us to get a result there, so let's go there and have a right go at them, if we lose then we lose, but at least we've had a go, I'd rather that than sit back and try and play for a draw from the start which we've been very guilty of in the Weedge for too long now. 

Decent win for them last night at Ibrox against a run of the mill European team.We however are something else with umpteen goalscorers and have a stickability/determination that they lack.collapse under pressure and we will be putting them under plenty of that.Win for the Jambos.imo

dunciboyjambo
6 minutes ago, Walrus said:

Jamie Borthwick saying Morrison should be fine after knee knock 

I just heard he’s fit and in line to start ?

Edited by dunciboyjambo

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

It's quite scary how close to my thoughts your post is, almost identical in fact, the only thing I would add is that no one is really expecting us to get a result there, so let's go there and have a right go at them, if we lose then we lose, but at least we've had a go, I'd rather that than sit back and try and play for a draw from the start which we've been very guilty of in the Weedge for too long now. 

I'm expecting us to get a result 

theres no no way we'll go pressing them high up the pitch etc etc we'll park the bus but with a purpose

needs the players to have the nerve for it as they have the quality - big difference between parking the bus and being passive

1998 cup final for example - while we didn't park the bus we didn't exactly dominate the ball :lol:

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

We must be the sensible ones?

I hope we, attack is the wrong word but ha e purpose and are clever in possession. 

They look dodgy at the back and vulnerable at set pieces but strong in attack. 

The first goal imo will determine the game. 

30 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Has he had a injury mate?

Twisted knee apparently, but OK for Sunday according to Levein in his press conference.

Our ball players need to be brave on the ball and not just kick it like a hot tatty! This means the likes of Lee, Mitchell, Morrison need to hold onto it and not give up cheap possession. If we can frustrate them and not let them get up ahead of steam we have a chance. I’m hoping we don’t go down with a whimper but I’m never confident playing them through there. It’s probably a historic thing as I along with all the others have sat and watched us roll over there too often. I’m hoping this time is different and we go and prove what a good side we are. This is the time to lay a real marker for the season

Big game for us. Hopefully we go and get at them. 

With the lack of press negativity you would find it hard to believe they have had their worst start to a league season for many a year. 

I think a lot depends on the start. They are decent at home but, if we frustrate them the Bears are very quick to turn on their team. That'll help us no end.

Uche is huge for us as gives us an out we don't have otherwise but we CAN get a result with or without him IMO. I trust our management team have done their job and this team can execute their plan

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

If Naismith plays well I think we've got a great chance. He's going to find himself in tons of space at times. They look like scoring a lot at Ibrox and our defence has a concentration loss in it at any moment. I'll be amazed if they don't score. Hopefully we can get a couple too. Going for 2-2 and I'd take that right now. 

Edited by Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Stephen_East

Always same catch 22

keep it tight and get the fans on their backs    vs     go for their throats and play more open

Option 2 for me but expecting option 1

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I hope we pass the ball well create chances and defend as we have. 

If we do all of those things we have done our jobs

Copied this from Rab Picken - never a truer word!! WATP.

On the 14th July 2012 The clubs in Scotland voted to send Rangers to the third division in Scotland.  This decision was for more cynical reasons than football . We all know this . We the Rangers supporter filled every ground we played in from the 3rd division right up to the return to the top.flight . Yes that's right every single ground we visited we sold out .our allocation . The other teams support were only there to see the Rangers . It's been a long long hard struggle.  But you know something 
47,000  fans tonight who were at Ibrox and the hundreds of thousands more supporters throughout  the world witnessed one thing  that the rest of Scottish football fear and dreaded Happening and that fear and dread is 

THE RANGERS ARE BACK 
AND WE ARE COMING TO GET YOU 
            WE ARE THE PEOPLE. Just got sent this guff by a rangers mate ???????

therefsajambo

Two goals in first half hour and no One  will beat us. Was my old amateurs pre kick off shout  but on Sunday that's how I think we should approach it. Silence the home end. Play passy in second half. Would need to b two to accommodate the complimentary penalty they will surely get. 

Hopefully Morrison is fit. He's been beating men for fun, showing confidence to cut in and shoot on his weaker foot and hit the target. His shots just haven't been good enough to beat the goalie.

I've got a feeling he'll get his first goal for us at the weekend, it's got to be soon.

16 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

On the 14th July 2012 The clubs in Scotland voted to send Rangers to the third division in Scotland.  This decision was for more cynical reasons than football . We all know this . We the Rangers supporter filled every ground we played in from the 3rd division right up to the return to the top.flight . Yes that's right every single ground we visited we sold out .our allocation . The other teams support were only there to see the Rangers . It's been a long long hard struggle.  But you know something 
47,000  fans tonight who were at Ibrox and the hundreds of thousands more supporters throughout  the world witnessed one thing  that the rest of Scottish football fear and dreaded Happening and that fear and dread is 

THE RANGERS ARE BACK 

Livingston 1-0 rangers

19 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

THE RANGERS ARE BACK 

He does know that his former club(or whatever) agreed to go to the bottom of the league? Right?

5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

THE RANGERS ARE BACK 

The Rangers are dead.  They died in February 2012 when HMRC rejected the CVA offer. Charlie Green's newly formed Newco (Sevco) application to join the SPL in place of Oldco was rejected by the 12 SPL clubs 10 votes to 2 votes (Killie & Oldco) on 04 July 2012 .  Following this, at the request of the SFA, the SFL clubs voted to accept Newco into Division 3 as a NEW club in line with SFL rules for new clubs.

If only their supporters would accept this then maybe they can move on.

19 minutes ago, jambo19 said:

Hopefully Morrison is fit. He's been beating men for fun, showing confidence to cut in and shoot on his weaker foot and hit the target. His shots just haven't been good enough to beat the goalie.

I've got a feeling he'll get his first goal for us at the weekend, it's got to be soon.

I think it's a case of when he's broken his duck, he'll get the taste for it. 

Get right into them!!!  JKB doubts over Morrison, I'll assume he's playing until told otherwise.

• Zlamal
  • Smith 
  • Souttar
  • Dunne
  • 11 Mitchell
  • 38 Morrison
  • Lee
  • Haring
  • 10 Djoum
  • 14 Naismith
  • 19 Uche

North Berwick Jambo

We have absolutely nothing to fear from them, it is the other way around now & I have no doubt we will win on Sunday, probably 2-0. Not only will the win prove a few more doubters of us wrong it will also create many more new ones for Gerrard, Roll on Sunday ?

Rangers will be flying from Thursday night but if we can get through the first 20/25 minutes we'll have a good chance. Some of the Rangers teams that have beat us over the last few years at Ibrox have been awful..aye we're better this year but some of the teams we took there should have got a result. Levein needs to have the balls to set us up in a way to hurt them, I've a sneaky feeling we're going 3-5-2 which might leave our pacy players stuck defending too much but here's hoping I'm wrong.

Bridge of Djoum
10 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Sunday, no?

Maroonfaethetoon
6 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Has he had a injury mate?

Like confirmed some knee issues but back training so all looking good :)

1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Jimmy’s press conference was top notch.  Not phased in the slightest by the zombies, so refreshing to hear. 

Yes, impressive stuff from Jimmy.

First 20 will be mental I’d say, be good to get to 30 mins 0-0. Ejaria Tavernier and Kent not to be underestimated. Having said that we have been decent at the back and when we get the ball into midfield we are super slick, it’s all about sticking it away...... Just can’t predict this one. Play the game lads, not the occasion ❤️??