Aberdeen Dot Count

mainstandjambo

11 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Odd how Livingston fans were charged £28 then ?

I mentioned them cutting their allocations because they’re both petty wee institutions with a massive ego. Therefore, they’re likely to do to others, what they do to them. It’s kinda simple to see what my point is there, like. 

I know exactly how much I was charged for a ticket for Ibrox. I was there. 

So you're telling me that Rangers and Celtic would cut their prices for games against us if we did the same because they're petty and have massive ego's? Really?

Still no acknowledgment from you that we do actually charge £20 for category B games. 

The fact that we charged £18 for a home quarter final tie and sold 3,500 less than a normal league game sort of blows your argument out the water does it not?

Oh, and Aberdeen have sold out their allocation, we should've charged them less and they would maybe have sold out quicker?

Edited by Rudolf

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Rudolf

• Phil Dunphy

• mainstandjambo

3 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

So you're telling me that Rangers and Celtic would cut their prices for games against us if we did the same because they're petty and have massive ego's? Really?

Still no acknowledgment from you that we do actually charge £20 for category B games. 

The fact that we charged £18 for a home quarter final tie and sold 3,500 less than a normal league game sort of blows your argument out the water does it not?

Oh, and Aberdeen have sold out their allocation, we should've charged them less and they would maybe have sold out quicker?

I notice you’ve refused to answer my question about whether you think £231 is too expensive for 8 football matches in Scotland. 

And you also seem very content to completely ignore us charging £28 for Livingston fans. Unless they’ve suddenly become a Cat A game?

And yes, I firmly believe that by charging Old Firm fans through the nose for tickets, they are quite willing to do the same to us. And you’re naive if you think otherwise.  

michael_bolton
1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I wouldn’t care how much Hearts we’re charging home fans for walk ups. But the prospect of paying £20 instead of £30+ for a ticket to the football would be a massive thing in getting more away fans along. 

But £30 for a ticket to a football match in Scotland is ludicrous. No matter who you support. 

Agree completely.

I don't live in Scotland, I'm home for an extended break of a couple of months. I was at the St Mirren and Livi home games and the away game at Motherwell. I'm going to the semi-final, but I'm struggling to justify shelling out £30 for this one and may well give it a miss.

13 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I notice you’ve refused to answer my question about whether you think £231 is too expensive for 8 football matches in Scotland. - You've picked the 4 biggest fixtures, so in that context, no it's not too expensive. 

And you also seem very content to completely ignore us charging £28 for Livingston fans. Unless they’ve suddenly become a Cat A game? - We charged them £28, £20 & £5.

And yes, I firmly believe that by charging Old Firm fans through the nose for tickets, they are quite willing to do the same to us. And you’re naive if you think otherwise.  - They charge more than we do already so what are you on about?

2 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

But we only charge £20 for Cat B games, according to you ?

My point is simple. Scottish football is overpriced as ****. Manchester City fans paid the same amount of money to watch their team at Anfield as I did to watch mine at Ibrox on the same day. 

Whether or not you think Aberdeen away is one of our “biggest fixtures”, it’s still overpriced for what you get. Standing next to an exposed fence which faces the beach, usually in mid-winter, with portacabin toilets and one tiny wee pie stall that serves two people at a time. At the far end of the country. If you think that’s good value for money, then you’re off your head. 

Football tickets in Scotland are expensive considering the product on offer IMO. However, I pay whatever it costs to See Hearts when I'm in Edinburgh. If I was taking kids I couldn't afford it now.

Hackney Hearts

There were games that we could easily have filled another 5-10,000 seats. 

Source? An employee of the club. 

Sorry - are you saying there were league games last season where we sold as few as 10,000 seats? How is this possible if we had getting on for 14,000 season tickets?

If we had no walk-ups, and no away fans, the number of extra seats we could have filled would have been just over 6k at the most.

2 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Sorry - are you saying there were league games last season where we sold as few as 10,000 seats? How is this possible if we had getting on for 14,000 season tickets?

If we had no walk-ups, and no away fans, the number of extra seats we could have filled would have been just over 6k at the most.

I’m saying there were games where the attendance was announced as 14,000 or so, when it was closer to 10/11,000. 

Hackney Hearts
Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

I’m saying there were games where the attendance was announced as 14,000 or so, when it was closer to 10/11,000. 

You said you could sell up to 10,000 extra seats! You can't sell seats that are already sold to ST holders. :confused:

And there was no league match at Tynecastle last season that had anywhere near as little as 10/11,000 actually attending.

You said you could sell up to 10,000 extra seats! You can't sell seats that are already sold to ST holders. :confused:

And there was no league match at Tynecastle last season that had anywhere near as little as 10/11,000 actually attending.

Ok, I have different information from someone inside the club. 

?

11 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

But we only charge £20 for Cat B games, according to you  - I said we charged that for Bronze sections which we do?

My point is simple. Scottish football is overpriced as ****. Manchester City fans paid the same amount of money to watch their team at Anfield as I did to watch mine at Ibrox on the same day. - That's not comparing apples with apples and you know it.

Whether or not you think Aberdeen away is one of our “biggest fixtures”, it’s still overpriced for what you get. Standing next to an exposed fence which faces the beach, usually in mid-winter, with portacabin toilets and one tiny wee pie stall that serves two people at a time. At the far end of the country. If you think that’s good value for money, then you’re off your head.  I would agree that Aberdeen is certainly not value but you lumped the 4 fixtures together to try and prove a point. Maybe we should charge them £10 for the next fixture and that's all we'd have to pay up there going by your strange logic.

Anyway, this is a dot count thread and we've dragged it off topic so that's me offski before I get a warning.

Hackney Hearts
2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

?

Inside Hearts? You don't have to work inside Hearts to know that we never had a league crowd as low as 10k last season. 

I'm not sure what your point is anyway - you seem to be talking here about a discrepancy between tickets sold and bums on seats... which is irrelevant when it comes to your main point about ticket prices. If we announce that we've sold a certain number of tickets, then we have the money for those tickets, and we can't sell them again (unless ST holders release them). And our smallest league crowd was 15,357 (not 14k, as you suggested).

4 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Inside Hearts? You don't have to work inside Hearts to know that we never had a league crowd as low as 10k last season. 

I'm not sure what your point is anyway - you seem to be talking here about a discrepancy between tickets sold and bums on seats... which is irrelevant when it comes to your main point about ticket prices. If we announce that we've sold a certain number of tickets, then we have the money for those tickets, and we can't sell them again (unless ST holders release them). And our smallest league crowd was 15,357 (not 14k, as you suggested).

I see no reason for the person to lie to me. And with the greatest respect, I’ll take his word over someone who is guessing. 

Hackney Hearts
Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

I see no reason for the person to lie to me. And with the greatest respect, I’ll take his word over someone who is guessing. 

I'm not guessing! It's simple arithmetic. You can't sell 10,000 more tickets for a match that has sold 15,357 seats in a 20,000  capacity stadium. How would your source explain that?

I'm not saying he's lying, but it's just not possible - so I can only assume you've misunderstood what he was saying. Maybe he was talking about the Murrayfield matches? At least that would make some kind of sense.

7 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

I'm not guessing! It's simple arithmetic. You can't sell 10,000 more tickets for a match that has sold 15,357 seats in a 20,000  capacity stadium. How would your source explain that?

I'm not saying he's lying, but it's just not possible - so I can only assume you've misunderstood what he was saying. Maybe he was talking about the Murrayfield matches? At least that would make some kind of sense.

Nope. Specifically games at Tynecastle. He gave me exact attendance figures, as shown by the number of folk through the turnstiles. 

2 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

No, I don’t think it should be either. I’m all for ripping off the Old Firm, it’s what their fans deserve for taking the easy option and supporting one half of that. 

Even £28 for Livingston to come to Tynecastle is ridiculous. I’d like to see the club take a stance and make tickets no more than £20. Encourage folk along instead of fleece the folk who’ll go no matter how much it is. 

And which of our players would you like to see leaving the club to cover the cost of that? Because you'd be talking about a hit to the club's income of well into 7 figures.

Hackney Hearts
1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Nope. Specifically games at Tynecastle. He gave me exact attendance figures, as shown by the number of folk through the turnstiles. 

Which match(es) did we have 10/11k at?

But that's not really relevant - how did he suggest selling 10,000 extra tickets for a match where we'd already sold 15,357? (our lowest crowd)

Or were the club lying about the number of tickets sold?

But that's not really relevant - how did he suggest selling 10,000 extra tickets for a match where we'd already sold 15,357? (our lowest crowd)

Bud - he's spraffing.

I notice you’ve refused to answer my question about whether you think £231 is too expensive for 8 football matches in Scotland. 

And you also seem very content to completely ignore us charging £28 for Livingston fans. Unless they’ve suddenly become a Cat A game?

And yes, I firmly believe that by charging Old Firm fans through the nose for tickets, they are quite willing to do the same to us. And you’re naive if you think otherwise.  

You're very niave if you think us cutting a tenner off the ticket prices we charge old firm fans would have rangers and celtic saying 'awwww, that's so nice, we'll cut the prices we charge your fans by the same amount'.

58 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

But we only charge £20 for Cat B games, according to you ?

My point is simple. Scottish football is overpriced as ****. Manchester City fans paid the same amount of money to watch their team at Anfield as I did to watch mine at Ibrox on the same day. 

Whether or not you think Aberdeen away is one of our “biggest fixtures”, it’s still overpriced for what you get. Standing next to an exposed fence which faces the beach, usually in mid-winter, with portacabin toilets and one tiny wee pie stall that serves two people at a time. At the far end of the country. If you think that’s good value for money, then you’re off your head. 

None of that has any relevance to the value for money of a ticket to a game at Tynecastle.

49 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

That's utter nonsense. There were no games, certainly in the league, where the attendance was anywhere near that low. Even if there had been, a lot of the empty seats would have been season ticket holders not turning up on the day, so tickets couldn't have been sold to anyone else for those seats anyway. 

44 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

?

Your 'source' inside the club (if indeed you even have one) is obviously having a laugh seeing how daft a piece of 'info' they can give you and still see it posted by you on jkb!

2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

So how many have we selt for the dons game though?

Somewhere between 10,000 and 23,000 according to Phil and his source?

Hackney Hearts
30 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Bud - he's spraffing.

Well yes - that's as clear as a glazed facade.  (not the grey bits)

And another thing: If interest was so low for a game that something like 4,000 season ticket holders, who had already paid for the game long ago, couldn't be bothered going, how can you possibly think that there would be 10,000 other folk who would have been happy to pay money to go to that same game if only the top ticket price was reduced to £20???????

Just now, Hackney Hearts said:

Well yes - that's as clear as a glazed facade.  (not the grey bits)

Only one where the owners could afford £100k per year to keep the glass clean!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I would guess the Killie midweek game was a low attendance. More to do with the weather than price. 

However said it before 20 quid for an away ticket should be enforced nationally 

Hackney Hearts
2 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Only one where the owners could afford £100k per year to keep the glass clean!

Got to keep ticket prices high for that alone. Priorities.

42 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

IIRC the Kilmarnock game where Lafferty missed a penalty late on had a sizable discrepancy in what was reported vs what the actual figure was. 

I never said anything about them talking about how many tickets were sold. I was talking about how many people attended the fixture. But you knew that already. 

Like I’ve said, I’ll take his word over someone who’s having a rough guess. 

42 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

And which of our players would you like to see leaving the club to cover the cost of that? Because you'd be talking about a hit to the club's income of well into 7 figures.

Danny Amankwa. 

Next. 

26 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Your 'source' inside the club (if indeed you even have one) is obviously having a laugh seeing how daft a piece of 'info' they can give you and still see it posted by you on jkb!

If you think Hearts have been completely honest in reporting how many bodies have actually attended a home game, then you need laughed at. 

:laugh:

6 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

And another thing: If interest was so low for a game that something like 4,000 season ticket holders, who had already paid for the game long ago, couldn't be bothered going, how can you possibly think that there would be 10,000 other folk who would have been happy to pay money to go to that same game if only the top ticket price was reduced to £20???????

Edinburgh is a city with a huge tourist trade. I’m sure there are always plenty of football fans who would take in a game here if they 1) knew there was one on and 2) the tickets were reasonably priced. 

This is is all well and good while we’re doing well. But let’s not pretend we’ve been selling out games while we’ve not been doing well. 

Hackney Hearts
1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I never said anything about them talking about how many tickets were sold. I was talking about how many people attended the fixture. But you knew that already. 

If you think Hearts have been completely honest in reporting how many bodies have actually attended a home game, then you need laughed at. 

Yes you did. 

You're all over the place. Everyone knows clubs announce tickets sold rather than bodies attending these days. No one's disputing that. So of course, not all ST holders attend and the actual figure through the turnstile is always lower (not by 5,000 though!).

But this is not the point. You claimed that your source said there were matches where we could have sold up to 10,000 more tickets. THIS IS NOT TRUE. At the very most, we could sometimes have sold 4,500 more tickets. 

scott herbertson
7 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Hearts don't report the number of bodies who have attended the games the 'attendance' figures for a ll clubs, as is widely known, are tickets sold not bums on seats. So we are not 'dishonest' as you suggest.

14 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Hearts don't report the number of bodies who have attended the games the 'attendance' figures for a ll clubs, as is widely known, are tickets sold not bums on seats. So we are not 'dishonest' as you suggest.

It actually beggars belief the number of times people need to have it explained to them that attendances are tickets sold and not tickets used to enter the ground. That information along with which pubs open early on a Sunday should be in some kind of sticky thread.

29 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

IIRC the Kilmarnock game where Lafferty missed a penalty late on had a sizable discrepancy in what was reported vs what the actual figure was. 

Danny Amankwa. 

Next. 

Firstly, Danny Amankwa isn't getting paid a seven figure sum per year by us!

Secondly, Hearts don't report how many bodies have actually attended at all, they report tickets sold!

3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Worst dot count thread EVER!

Never mind, there'll be need need for dot counts when we reduce the price of all tickets to £20 and it sells out in two days.

Just like the Motherwell cup game?

chester copperpot

?

Roughly translated as = I made shit up!

Which games? If your "source" in the club was specific enough to say what they "know" the attendance to actually be they must also "know" which game/games it was?

Hackney Hearts
42 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

Which games? If your "source" in the club was specific enough to say what they "know" the attendance to actually be they must also "know" which game/games it was?

He mentioned the Tuesday night game v Kilmarnock in February. The crowd given (i.e. tickets sold) was 15,862.

He seems to think there were only around 10,000 there.

He also claims we could somehow have sold 10,000 more tickets, despite the fact that there were only about 4,000 available.

3 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

?

Woof woof, it’s a dogs life! NB any resemblance to any ‘in the know’ members of the Admin or Management team is purely coincidental!

98695B35-BE75-4139-B98F-E6F27232A3C8.jpeg

mainstandjambo

Latest count

Wheatfield   -   104

Gorgie          -   125

Main            -      29

Roseburn   -     688

Total           -    946

3 minutes ago, mainstandjambo said:

Latest count

Wheatfield   -   104

Gorgie          -   125

Roseburn   -     688

Total           -    946

Well done ?? 

21 minutes ago, mainstandjambo said:

Latest count

Wheatfield   -   104

Gorgie          -   125

Roseburn   -     688

Total           -    946

Finally! A dot count on the dot count thread! 

?

scott herbertson

will be interested to see how many we shift on Thursday as quite a few folk may decide to get theirs when they are queuing anyway for cup final semi tickets.

49 minutes ago, mainstandjambo said:

Latest count

Wheatfield   -   104

Gorgie          -   125

Roseburn   -     688

Total           -    946

Yes! A dot count!! Sales will speed up now to the inevitable sell out.

I support the club’s category A/B pricing policy, btw. Sensible response to market forces etc.