Aberdeen Dot Count

mainstandjambo

2 hours ago, Rudolf said:

That'll be the usual sheep exaggeration.

1,550 or so for sections L & M and around 450 for K.

We're selling H & J so there will need to be segregation in K hence the lower figure for that section.

All good though, around £60,000 from the sheep.

Only L and M were ever available on our ticket site that I saw. There was a tweet from Aberdeen which stated over 2000 fans would be going to the game but as far as I can see that is only 1500 tickets roughly. 

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Rudolf

• Phil Dunphy

• mainstandjambo

chester copperpot
29 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Give me peace Andy. 

I don’t take this place anywhere near seriously enough to make things up to impress strangers on the internet. 

Och I was only teasing.

11 minutes ago, Kingswells said:

Only L and M were ever available on our ticket site that I saw. There was a tweet from Aberdeen which stated over 2000 fans would be going to the game but as far as I can see that is only 1500 tickets roughly. 

Aberdeen are lying. When we gave the Old Firm three sections of the Roseburn, that accounted for 2,100 tickets. 

If if you’ve only got two sections, then you’re getting around 1,400. 

16 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Aberdeen are lying. When we gave the Old Firm three sections of the Roseburn, that accounted for 2,100 tickets. 

If if you’ve only got two sections, then you’re getting around 1,400. 

giphy.gif

14 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

They must have most of Section K then with only 3 or 4 rows for segregation.

If they’ve put the barrier down for segregation, it would have to be mostly in Section J for them to get another 700 tickets on top of L and M. 

9 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

If they’ve put the barrier down for segregation, it would have to be mostly in Section J for them to get another 700 tickets on top of L and M. 

Aye, it's a strange one.

We'll see on Saturday I suppose.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Either they have got it wrong or we are not letting on there are no sales in K. I'm not a moaner about the club but really if we have gave them K, they should be letting people so know so they can have a choice of different seat. For weeks people have had that option to wait and they will be expecting it again.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

#StandFree :rofl:

Funny little club.

The thing is its not. They charge to get in.

6 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Aye, it's a strange one.

We'll see on Saturday I suppose.

I don’t think we’ve given them three sections personally, but we’ll see on Saturday. 

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Either they have got it wrong or we are not letting on there are no sales in K. I'm not a moaner about the club but really if we have gave them K, they should be letting people so know so they can have a choice of different seat. For weeks people have had that option to wait and they will be expecting it again.

The club can't win though.

If they'd announced Aberdeen had been given 3 sections, folk on here would've been moaning about less seats for Hearts fans.

As it is, the amount that wait on section K opening is negligible and we still have over 800 to sell (which we probable will taking the crowd to well over 18,000).

Job done. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

The club can't win though.

If they'd announced Aberdeen had been given 3 sections, folk on here would've been moaning about less seats for Hearts fans.

As it is, the amount that wait on section K opening is negligible and we still have over 800 to sell (which we probable will taking the crowd to well over 18,000).

Job done. 

Not if they have already sold them?????? Which is the case if the Tweet is correct. Then waiting for K, which is probably around a couple of hundred at leas each week are going to be proper scunnered. If we have sold those 3 sections I think its best to make people aware.

Edited by Sir Gio

24 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Not if they have already sold them?????? Which is the case if the Tweet is correct. Then waiting for K, which is probably around a couple of hundred at leas each week are going to be proper scunnered. If we have sold those 3 sections I think its best to make people aware.

Fair enough but I don't know where you're getting the couple of hundred that wait for K to open from. 

There's still over 800 left and I've not read any posts on this thread from punters waiting on K opening.

If Aberdeen have sold over 2,000 then there can only be a two seat wide segregation barrier as L & M hold about 1,488 and K minus the two rows nearest J holds 528.

Bottom line is it'll be good to have the stadium almost full on Saturday.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Fair enough but I don't know where you're getting the couple of hundred that wait for K to open from. 

There's still over 800 left and I've not read any posts on this thread from punters waiting on K opening.

If Aberdeen have sold over 2,000 then there can only be a two seat wide segregation barrier as L & M hold about 1,488 and K minus the two rows nearest J holds 528.

Bottom line is it'll be good to have the stadium almost full on Saturday.

Theres been at least 200 in K every week and amazingly low and behold when K opens sales spike. Seems to me people are waiting for the central views rather than buy early out wide.

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Theres been at least 200 in K every week and amazingly low and behold when K opens sales spike. Seems to me people are waiting for the central views rather than buy early out wide.

Sales generally spike nearer kick off and if people want to go, not getting a seat in K isn't going to stop them.

Bit surprised we haven't sold this out yet, and I don't think we will either. What with the seats taken away for segregation, and Aberdeen having sold out their allocation, it's not a great sign considering we're top of the league. I must admit I'm a bit baffled as to why this is the case, but it seems a few fans aren't on board yet with this season. I know there's still 3/4 days to go, so we will see I suppose.

mainstandjambo

Count at 17.15

Wheatfield   -   98

Gorgie          -   98

Main            -    24

Roseburn   -   606

Total            -  826

1 hour ago, innerjambo said:

Bit surprised we haven't sold this out yet, and I don't think we will either. What with the seats taken away for segregation, and Aberdeen having sold out their allocation, it's not a great sign considering we're top of the league. I must admit I'm a bit baffled as to why this is the case, but it seems a few fans aren't on board yet with this season. I know there's still 3/4 days to go, so we will see I suppose.

Might give my season tic to my laddie as i have stuff to do, aberdeen selling out, oooo well i never, horrible lot that need another pumping .

1 hour ago, innerjambo said:

Quite an expensive month with the semi final and two category A home games in a short space of time. 

We’ll still sell out though. 

49 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Quite an expensive month with the semi final and two category A home games in a short space of time. 

We’ll still sell out though. 

I hope we do, but you're right, it is going to be an expensive month with so many games.

The Goalscoring Knee

We need to sell a few more. 826 is a pants number for interesting facts. Exhaustive research has yielded the fact that "The largest known Lion weighed 826 pounds. Lions that live in the wild weigh less than those that are living in captivity."?

That's gotta be some lion, mind - 59 stone.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

We need to sell a few more. 826 is a pants number for interesting facts. Exhaustive research has yielded the fact that "The largest known Lion weighed 826 pounds. Lions that live in the wild weigh less than those that are living in captivity."?

::facepaw::

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

Thanks. I was hoping for Image result for hanna barbera lion characters but I'll take that (Heavens to Murgatroyd). ?

Exit stage right 

4 hours ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

King Beornwulf of Mercia invaded East Anglia, but was killed in battle. I am not aware of his weight :D

15 hours ago, Bad Religion said:

#StandFree :rofl:

Funny little club.

Sti

16 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

:levein_interesting:

Aberdeen FCVerified account @AberdeenFC Oct 13

? No match this weekend but The Dons will be backed by 2,000+ members of the Red Army this time next week at Tynecastle. #StandFree

DpPQBZZW0AEqnhc.jpg

Still over 400 dots on the ticket website...!

mainstandjambo

First count for today

Wheatfield   -   90

Gorgie          -   88

Main             -   21

Roseburn     - 597

Total            -  796

5 minutes ago, mainstandjambo said:

First count for today

Wheatfield   -   90

Gorgie          -   88

Main             -   21

Roseburn     - 597

Total            -  796

Well done that man...

Ducati Monster 796

F2FF50A3-7946-41BF-A014-150A650B1627.jpeg

Edited by Pans Jambo

Lord Beni of Gorgie

H not selling, J down to the last 100 or so, sporadic seats elsewhere, but not amounting to a hill of beans

H would have been -1 as I'm booking an extra ticket.  In the phone queue for 10 mins then halfway through the sale and line goes dead.     Not for the first time.     Having a busy day are ye?

mainstandjambo

Count at 15.00

Wheatfield   -    80

Gorgie          -    77

Main             -    11

Roseburn     -   552

Total             -   720 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

H would have been -1 as I'm booking an extra ticket.  In the phone queue for 10 mins then halfway through the sale and line goes dead.     Not for the first time.     Having a busy day are ye?

E tickets for me every time. The charge though eh?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
19 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

76 sold in 6 hours - not bad and we could still be heading for a sell out

Tomorrow might be interesting, biggest day in recent dot counting history. Watershed even in the profession

scott herbertson
24 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Tomorrow might be interesting, biggest day in recent dot counting history. Watershed even in the profession

Indeed - I may dust off my dot counting spreadsheet for the occasion. It's been out of use for some time for the bizarre reason I find the blue dots harder to count than the old ones (slightly colour blind)

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

Indeed - I may dust off my dot counting spreadsheet for the occasion. It's been out of use for some time for the bizarre reason I find the blue dots harder to count than the old ones (slightly colour blind)

Me too. Only diagnosed the other week, it was a real bolt out of the brown

scott herbertson
Just now, Sir Gio said:

Me too. Only diagnosed the other week, it was a real bolt out of the brown

Ha Ha

That wasn't bleach in the toilet bowl then....

On 16/10/2018 at 17:10, innerjambo said:

Think the pricing for this one has put people off, including myself. £36 for a ticket in the main or wheatfield stands and £32 behind the goals, is ridiculous for aberdeen. 

I don't mind paying that for hibs and rangers but Aberdeen hardly the same standard of fixture. 

I go to Newcastle games now and again and it is £34 to watch man c, Liverpool, arsenal etc for a far better standard of player and football.