• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• spirt of 98

• loveofthegame

• RudiHMFC

• kila

I personally think he is a very good signing for a number of reasons. He is young and hungry so he has gone out there and given us lots of effort each time. He is an emerging talent at a level above us which has meant he is a more than capable replacement for Berra.

But another big thing is he will act as a gauge for Souttar, both so John knows what level he is aspiring to personally but also so bigger clubs can get a comparison of where Souttar is at against someone of that ability level too.

Edited by RS86

I called this out last week on a thread I started. He’s class act. I got shot down for suggesting he’s better than soapy! Someone has said Dunne is better than Berra so I’m sure the abuse will follow him also! Haha.

He was brilliant today. Different class. During I was thinking it’s a difficult one for Levein when Berra is fully fit, how do you leave Dunne out on this form? We’ve done really well with signings for a change.

Looks a bit gangly and makes the odd mistake - as you'd expect from a young player with limited first team appearances. Struggled a bit in the week with the strength of their no. 9.

However, looks like a very good defender. Think he'll go on to be a great player. More experience and filling out a bit will help him too. Can play enough for a centre back, but doesn't try and over play it either. Good signing, hope we can extend the loan to the end of the season.

When Berra comes back , I can see him being in a back three with Soapy and Cristophe, would be a cracking defence!!!!

Furious with him today. 

Had him him for the first goal scorer!

The guy has been tremendous for us so far. Looks way beyond his years. A really classy player and that goal has been on the cards for a good few weeks too. Seems to love playing for us as well. Even noticed him punching the air in delight at winning a throw in last week. That’s the kind of commitment I love to see. 

chester copperpot

The biggest compliment I can give to him is that today I forgot that Christophe played for us.

Souttar.    Berra.     Dunne.    

Best trio in Scotland. I know that's some stretch but I genuinely think they are easily the best in Scotland.

Thought it was his best performance in a Hearts shirt so far. He’s a very impressive young man and I love his passion- he looks genuinely delighted to be here and to be playing for the club.

He does give me the odd nervy moment though. We gave them a few chances today through slackness at the back (certainly not jimmy alone at fault) that we can’t afford against the teams we’ve got in the next month or so.

He seems to be really enjoying his loan period.  Tweet after Wednesday,s game and last man of the park today after applauding the crowd shows he’s loving it here.  Loan extension please ❤️

41 minutes ago, speaker said:

Better than Berra

I think he will be in a year or two, but I don't think he's at that level yet. He's still just a young guy though, and if he works hard to develop his game, and learn from more experienced players around him, he can go a long, long way in the game. 

Sawdust Caesar

Let's hope Burnley don't need him back in January and do extend his loan. I'd like to think that if we are still in the title race in January Burnley will let him stay the season to see it out.

1 hour ago, stotty said:

Probably MOTM today (although also thought Naismith was outstanding).

Not sure about that, my thoughts are, not his best game for us, not his worst, but pass marks...just!

He

Jimmy had a great game today however, he looks very clumsy when he moves. I get the impression that he looks very laboured turning and controlling a ball, but as a defender, very good.

Edited by argyjambo
Wrong word used

The Future's Maroon
13 minutes ago, Sawdust Caesar said:

Let's hope Burnley don't need him back in January and do extend his loan. I'd like to think that if we are still in the title race in January Burnley will let him stay the season to see it out.

Hopefully.

CL can certainly spot a good CH

tartofmidlothian
1 hour ago, RudiHMFC said:

He's very good, would Berra get back in the team at the moment even if he was fit? Not sure.

He'd come in for Smith.

Dunne has to stay for the season, right?

12 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

He'd come in for Smith.

Dunne has to stay for the season, right?

Wouldn’t say Smith should be dropped based on his recent performances